TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realitycheck

SJL "Bringin' The Funk~!" Card!

Guest realitycheck

SJL: Bringin' The Funk~!

Theme: Rage Against The Machine - Renegades of Funk

Decor: Perfectly matching the theme of the card, the set is a psychedelic, rainbow design, with "Bringin' The Funk~!" scrawled across it. The entrance area is a standard steel scaffold, with a bunch of lights on it. The ramp is stylish hardwood, and the outside ring padding is shag carpet. There's a disco ball above the ring, and some lava lamps scattered here and there. Try not to stain it with too much blood, guys--the carpet was expensive.

Venue: First Union Center, Philladelphia, Penn.

Due Date: Tuesday, April 29th, 7pm EST.

Send To: realitycheck

Word Limits: None! Anything more than 10k will have you drawn and quartered, however!

And also, ladies and germs, give it up for you two newest SWF'ers... Sean Atlas and Dace Night!

TV TITLE MATCH

FATAL FOUR WAY

David Blazenwing vs Charlie "Grappler" Matthews vs Leo Breslin vs John Duran©

Poor John Duran just can't get a night off, can he? His string of matches for the TV title continues, this time opening up the PPV. David Blazenwing, Leo Breslin and Charlie Matthews are all very hungry for their first taste of SJL gold... can Duran shake off their advances, and keep going for the longest reign with the TV title he's been eyeing?

Rules: Elimination rules; Standard DQ, countout and pinfalls apply.

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

SINGLES MATCH

Spike Jenkins vs Kaine

Two men a bit lost in the shuffle and on cold streaks as of late get a chance to try and turn things around. And it's not exactly a fight without any history, either, as Kaine and Spike have faced each other before, several times... the most notable of which ending with a Kaine victory, where he then proceeded to lambaste Spike over the mic. Cold. Anyway, the winner here will likely be slung into the midst of a title hunt.

Rules: Standard singles match

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

30 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

Viktor Tarakanov vs Christian Blackwell©

The Red Rage has lived up to his nickname since joining the SJL... creating a whirlwind en route to gaining a shot at Christian Blackwell's European title. Can Viktor Tarakanov continue to cut a swath through his opposition? Or will Blackwell, coming off a STINGING loss on Crimson for the world title, take out his many frustrations on the man who appears to have never been informed the communist Soviet Union collapsed 11 years ago?

Rules: Pinfall, DQ and countout rules apply. The man with the most falls at the end of 30 minutes is the victor. If the falls are tied, the match will enter sudden-death overtime.

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

LADDER MATCH

WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

Va'aiga vs Tryst

Okay, Tryst, let's try this again... you get another ladder match. This time, for contendership of the world title. If you win, you get to pick the stipulation for your upcoming match. Of course, that's a little easier said than done versus Va'aiga... but at least he'll be out of his element in this match, right? Of course, the Badass Maori, who's yet to win a world title may want it more than you, might not even NEED the ladder to get at the match contract...

Rules: Ladder match rules. The contract for the world title match is hanging above the ring, sealed within the disco ball mentioned with the decor. First man to get his grubby meathooks on it (Via taking the ball down and breaking it) is declared the winner. The winner of this match will have a world title match AFTER the winner of Dace/Manson.

Send To: Thoth

SINGLES MATCH

NO-DQ, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Dace Night vs Manson

The first of the night's matches featuring one of our bumpees, and it should be a goodie. The dastardly Dace, who recently turned his back on the crowd in his ruthless pursuit of Atlas and the SJL world title, gets one last chance at a shot... He faces off against Manson, the other mini-tournament finalist, in a what should be a fine match. And by "fine", I mean "bloody", but would Dace want what could be his last SJL match any other way?

Rules: There aren't any. Hah! Three limb loss limit, just so Dace knows when to reel himself in. IF Dace wins, he gets a shot at the SJL world champion on the next show. Which will be on the same day at Battleground. So he probably doesn't want that.

Send to: Tod deKindes

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

HELL IN A CELL

Sean Atlas vs Crow©

Some might call it an upset. Some might call it a shock. But regardless of what these people thing, Sean Atlas lost to Crow on Crimson, for the SJL world title. In what will be Sean's last JL match, he gets a chance to go down as a two-time, two-time SJL world champion, facing Crow in one of the most brutal match ideas ever concieved. These two will love it, I'm sure. It's time to fight out any left-over hate these two men have. For Atlas to cement that he really might be one of the best JL prospects in ages... and for Crowe to prove that his win was no "fluke".

Rules: Once both men enter the cell, the door is padlocked shut... theoretically preventing escape.

Send to: realitycheck

Guest TheAntipop

This is fucking bullshit!!!

(2:34am) (@Zed) Eh... on second thought, no California. First person to shout out a city name gets the PPV held there.

<MrGalatea> Clevland!

(2:35am) (@Zed) ...no.

(2:35am) (@Zed) no gund arena no

<MrGalatea> You lying bastard.

:firing:

Guest Tod deKindes

You're ... actually going with the funk theme.

Interesting.

On the other hand, I like my match. Go nuts, boys.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Decor: Perfectly matching the theme of the card, the set is a psychedelic, rainbow design, with "Bringin' The Funk~!" scrawled across it. The entrance area is a standard steel scaffold, with a bunch of lights on it. The ramp is stylish hardwood, and the outside ring padding is shag carpet. There's a disco ball above the ring, and some lava lamps scattered here and there. Try not to stain it with too much blood, guys--the carpet was expensive.

Due Date: Tuesday, April 29th, 7pm EST.

Word Limits: None! Anything more than 10k will have you drawn and quartered, however!

And also, ladies and germs, give it up for you two newest SWF'ers... Sean Atlas and Dace Night!

TV TITLE MATCH

FATAL FOUR WAY

Poor John Duran just can't get a night off, can he? His string of matches for the TV title continues, this time opening up the PPV. David Blazenwing, Leo Breslin and Charlie Matthews are all very hungry for their first taste of SJL gold... can Duran shake off their advances, and keep going for the longest reign with the TV title he's been eyeing?

Rules: Elimination rules; Standard DQ, countout and pinfalls apply.

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

SINGLES MATCH

Spike Jenkins vs Kaine

Two men a bit lost in the shuffle and on cold streaks as of late get a chance to try and turn things around. And it's not exactly a fight without any history, either, as Kaine and Spike have faced each other before, several times... the most notable of which ending with a Kaine victory, where he then proceeded to lambaste Spike over the mic. Cold. Anyway, the winner here will likely be slung into the midst of a title hunt.

Rules: Standard singles match

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

30 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

The Red Rage has lived up to his nickname since joining the SJL... creating a whirlwind en route to gaining a shot at Christian Blackwell's European title. Can Viktor Tarakanov continue to cut a swath through his opposition? Or will Blackwell, coming off a STINGING loss on Crimson for the world title, take out his many frustrations on the man who appears to have never been informed the communist Soviet Union collapsed 11 years ago?

Rules: Pinfall, DQ and countout rules apply. The man with the most falls at the end of 30 minutes is the victor. If the falls are tied, the match will enter sudden-death overtime.

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

LADDER MATCH

Va'aiga vs Tryst

Okay, Tryst, let's try this again... you get another ladder match. This time, for contendership of the world title. If you win, you get to pick the stipulation for your upcoming match. Of course, that's a little easier said than done versus Va'aiga... but at least he'll be out of his element in this match, right? Of course, the Badass Maori, who's yet to win a world title may want it more than you, might not even NEED the ladder to get at the match contract...

Rules: Ladder match rules. The contract for the world title match is hanging above the ring. First man to get his grubby meathooks on it is declared the winner. The winner of this match will have a world title match AFTER the winner of Dace/Manson.

Send To: Thoth

SINGLES MATCH

Dace Night vs Manson

The first of the night's matches featuring one of our bumpees, and it should be a goodie. The dastardly Dace, who recently turned his back on the crowd in his ruthless pursuit of Atlas and the SJL world title, gets one last chance at a shot... He faces off against Manson, the other mini-tournament finalist, in a what should be a fine match. And by "fine", I mean "bloody", but would Dace want what could be his last SJL match any other way?

Rules: There aren't any. Hah! Three limb loss limit, just so Dace knows when to reel himself in. IF Dace wins, he gets a shot at the SJL world champion on the next show. Which will be on the same day at Battleground. So he probably doesn't want that.

Send to: Tod deKindes

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

HELL IN A CELL

Sean Atlas vs Crow©

Some might call it an upset. Some might call it a shock. But regardless of what these people thing, Sean Atlas lost to Crow on Crimson, for the SJL world title. In what will be Sean's last JL match, he gets a chance to go down as a two-time, two-time SJL world champion, facing Crow in one of the most brutal match ideas ever concieved. These two will love it, I'm sure. It's time to fight out any left-over hate these two men have. For Atlas to cement that he really might be one of the best JL prospects in ages... and for Crowe to prove that his win was no "fluke".

Rules: Once both men enter the cell, the door is padlocked shut... theoretically preventing escape.

Send to: realitycheck

Hah! That's what your mother said last night!

...or something...

Good card.

Guest GLWUT

Well, if ya really think about it, no major city goes by the name of Clevland.

Cleveland is quite popular though...

But who really wants to think about it?

Anyway... I'm looking forward to this card!

Guest emerald_fusion

Very spiffy looking card, a number of bound to be great matches.

A shame i'm not booked, but with the amount of no-showing i've been doing lately i don't deserve to be. I'll make it work though, expect a promo of some sort for the show.

Oh, and congrats to Dace and Atlas on the bumpage, both are very deserving of it.

Guest Evolution

Hmm...didn't even notice until my 3rd read over of the card that it was announced that Atlas and Dace were bumped.

Congrats, guys.

Guest kelloggs

Ahem, first, Zed + typo = synonomus and second if you bitches... besides Blackwell because let's face it, he's a great breakdancer, don't plug me at least once in your matches, I will cry and you don't want to see that do you.

This has been a message from you're friendly neighborhood Franchise. P.S. The_Mak says know your role and you may receive a cookie. ;)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I am semi-satisfied with the use of Funk. But it's not "At the Speed of Funk" and the event is not being held on the Planet Lovetron.

Guest The Superstar

(Y) at this card...very impressive.

This match should be fun.

Guest Powerplay

Dave, don't worry about the losses, man. Some people don't start out as strong as others. Prime example is Ejiro, who kicks major ass in the WF at the moment with me. He started slow, but when he got moving, he got MOVING. He held the World Championship and had probably the best feud in the JL in a long time. So don't worry, you'll improve. I think, personally, that Frost should be grading the newbie match, simply because he can give some real good comments on how to improve. That's just my opinion, though.

Guest Ace309

Looks like a mither of a card. (Y)

And someone, anyone, has to write a match in the perspective of Kellen Thomas, Drexel University Student sitting in the third row.

Dave, don't worry about the losses, man. Some people don't start out as strong as others. Prime example is Ejiro, who kicks major ass in the WF at the moment with me. He started slow, but when he got moving, he got MOVING. He held the World Championship and had probably the best feud in the JL in a long time. So don't worry, you'll improve. I think, personally, that Frost should be grading the newbie match, simply because he can give some real good comments on how to improve. That's just my opinion, though.

thanx for the encouragement, man... it's just that I was SO proud of the match I wrote for Crimson. It's the best work I'm EVER gonna be able to do... and I STILL lost!!! I mean, what more do you guys want from me!?

Guest Powerplay

thanx for the encouragement, man... it's just that I was SO proud of the match I wrote for Crimson. It's the best work I'm EVER gonna be able to do... and I STILL lost!!! I mean, what more do you guys want from me!?

Trust me, you'll surpass it. I've thought that many times before, and every time there's a way to get past it :D.

Guest kelloggs

But Judge thats because j00 s0x0rs... :P

And Tom, if the novelty of a match like that didn't work for HIM, how in the hell will it work for any of these guys. Cause obviously the kid MUST be extremely talented to get praise from TBS, Suicide King and the like, for such a match. Why, it takes unbelievable creativity and imagery to write, let alone grasp the concepts involved to attempt such an ingenious feat...

And still fail...

...Not that I'm Bitter...

(thats a plug for my promo by the way. It's a week old, but comment on it, all the same)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Eh, bored, so something that is rarely done -- what order are all of you going to read the matches in? Or which matches are you most excited about?

TV TITLE MATCH

FATAL FOUR WAY

- I'm marking it, so you know. Despite it being an opener and everything, I must say that I'm quite excited to read each of the writers' matches. Love each of these guys, and I'm a particular fan of Blazenwing's, since I love people with loads of potential who just can't seem to get out of their shell. When they do though, kaboom.

LADDER MATCH

Va'aiga vs Tryst

- Surprisingly, I'm dying to read this more than I am the matches with the bumpees in them. Probably my two favorite guys in the fed right now, and I'm a big fan of ladder matches. Hopefully they'll reach, and even secceed, my expectations.

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

HELL IN A CELL

Sean Atlas vs Crow©

- Oh come on! Just look at it! Just look at the people INVOLVED! I mean, really now. Sure to be a classic.

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

30 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

and

SINGLES MATCH

Dace Night vs Manson

- These are pretty much tied, though I might read the Falls Count Anywhere match first, simply out of respect for the Horrorcore King. The winner of the Viktor/Blackwell will probably be the one who books the match properly, and I'm interested in how each of these guys decide to do that. As for Dace/Manson... wow, should be brutal.

SINGLES MATCH

Spike Jenkins vs Kaine

- One match on the card that doesn't seem to matter TOO much, but I'm still fucking excited. I mark out every time I see Kaine win a match, and as for Spike... well, he's always a wildcard, but when he writes well, he writes WELL.

Uh, wow I'm bored. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Nevermind...

I would probably read my match last also

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Nevermind...

I would probably read my match last also

Heh, sorry if reading your match last made you feel bad or something, but realistically -- I have to mark one match, and every single other match on the card could realistically be a main event. Plus they all have gimmicks. Anyhow, I'm expecting the least out of you, so proove me wrong Woody!

Anyhow, I'm expecting the least out of you

TNT and his people skills...

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

...But you're a stoner who only shows half of the time, and you're on a pretty mediocre-streak. Doesn't it make sense? :)

...But you're a stoner who only shows half of the time, and you're on a pretty mediocre-streak. Doesn't it make sense? :)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Baha. Gah. I'm only joking with you, Spike. You're an excellent writer, and you do excellent when you're motivated.

That said, your match is STILL the only non-gimmick match on the card, and the only one (aside from maybe the TV Title 4-way, which I'm marking) without too much build. Not a direct shot at you, just the truth.

Sign in to follow this