TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crowe

Bring Da Funky Comments~!

Guest Crowe

Of course, I haven't read all the show yet but I would just like to say to both Dace Night and Sean Atlas that it's been a pleasure writing against you boys the past couple months. And Sean, it was great fun co-writing the main event with you, I think we wrote a fantastic match and I can only hope others think so too. Good luck to you both on your endeavour into the SWF.

I will read the show and comment just a bit later.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Woohah! Everything on the show looks great, but the ME especially.

However, the most intriguing part, I think, is this new Danny/Dace/V-guy stable... holy fucking shit will these guys rule it once all three are up in the WF. Dace/Danny are likely tag title contenders, too.

Guest realitycheck

And lo, Dace/Manson has been edited in, with the winner being... :D Not telling. As with the rest of the show, read it yerselves.

I'd like to give a big "hoody-hoo" shout out to both Crowe and Atlas, who co-wrote that big ass main event, and made it into a quite spectacular affair.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to salute SS for winning the TV title, Blackwell on his retention, and say that the Dace/Danny/Va'aiga triad intrigues the hell out of me.

Anyway, here's to Atlas and Dace for fine final JL showings, and hoping for the best of luck in the WF. Clever bastards, getting bumped JUST as I seize power... :D

-Z

Guest Aecas

I enjoyed reading that, a really good PPV, congrats go out to Dace and Atlas as well. Give em hell boys ;)

With a bit of luck I'll be able to rejoin the SJL in the next couple of weeks, I've been pissed off that I've had to sit out and let you guys have all the fun but I'll be back before you know it :headbang:

Guest Crowe

Hey Aecas, Sean is gone now, so no more losses for you! (Y)

TV TITLE MATCH

FATAL FOUR WAY

David Blazenwing vs Charlie "Grappler" Matthews vs Leo Breslin vs John Duran©

~ In what I’d call an upset, the Grappler takes out the match and wins the Television title in a good match. The action leading up to the elimination of David Blazenwing was indeed very well handled, at some points I lost where the match was, but that could just be due to my ignorance and not your writing.

“John Duran breathes a sigh of relief inside the ring. However, he notices Matthews still has the vicious chinlock on Leo Breslin, and notices the crowd getting restless, so he does what any good heel would do…

Axis: Look at this! John Duran wraps in a chinlock on Charlie Matthews! Double submission!”

Haha... the piece of writing above I found to be quite humourous, love the heelishness. I always think that matches/commentary should have some element of humour in them. Having Blazenwing going nuts with the sledgehammer was a nice touch, and further places emphasis on how frustrated the former superhero can get in such times. The superplex spot was nice, and I have made use of it in previous match (in ICW), though I do believe you should have had Breslin sell the move more instead of he and Duran reaching their feet soon after. The Giant Swing/Playing Possum/Spinebuster spot was probably my favourite in this match, if only for the use of the GIANT SWING! Nostalgia ahoy! Your finish was surprising... I was SHOCKED and DISMAYED with the Grappler’s actions~! Using the chair to beat Duran and while doing so, breaking his code! I can’t wait to see how Grappler is going to talk his way out of this one. As I said, a good match and even though there are traces of green throughout this match, the more matches you write, you better you’ll get.

PROMO

Syndicate Speaks~!

~ Good interviewer/interviewee style promo. Syndicate throws down the gauntlet in a nice motivational promo, swearing that he’s gonna kick some ass! And you know what? I hope he does.

SINGLES MATCH

Spike Jenkins vs Kaine

~ Jesus guys, a double no show on a freakin’ pay per view? Thus, no comments for this match except my expression of disappointment, I expected better from these two guys.

PROMO

DANNY WILLIAMS!? OH MY GODZ!

~ Ooooooooooo! Interesting development... I have nothing else to say about this except... “Deathwish” > You.

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

30 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

Viktor Tarakanov vs Christian Blackwell©

~ The wrestling up to the first fall was fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed the psychology and it all flowed remarkably well. By the way, love that finisher name. Having Viktor grab the second fall on the buzzer was a smart idea as it build up big heat, and hell, it leads to sudden death, and sudden death = (Y)!! LOVED, I repeat, LOVED the finish! Blackwell using THAT move made me feel all fuzzy in side, but the question is... what wrestler used to use that move? :D

“Blackwell, obviously frustrated, curses, then quickly apologizes to the referee and Viktor, who just look back at him in confusion.” --- Great touch, by the way.

PROMO

DACE NIGHT FUCKING~!

~ Heh, solid promo from the High Priest Of Horrorcore... I wonder whom he is fucking... Natasha maybe?

LADDER MATCH

WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

Va'aiga vs Tryst

~ Firstly, what the fuck was up with the ?s instead of the ‘s? Damn that was an annoyance, stupid boards fuckin’ up Card’s punctuation. Secondly, I’m up against this if I manage to beat Manson? Shit. Moving on to the actual match...

INNOVATIVE! INNOVATIVE! The use of the ladder as a main weapon was very well thought out, my personal favourite being the bit where Va’aiga hits the electric chair drop on the ladder, which sends Tryst flying to the outside... but he holds on! OH MY GODZ! I marked out like a little bitch at that point. And the poor fucking ladder! That thing did not deserve the punishment it got! You are heartless, Card! HEARTLESS! I much enjoyed Tryst “bringin’ the sickness” with the whole using the arrowhead to cut up Va’aiga’s head even more, I have a thing for blood, you know? Excellent finish with the arrow’s path-countered into the shoulder tackle, and the Peter Steele-esque signing contract with blood was a nice touch to finish the match on.

PROMO

MANSON STYLISH GOTH STYLEZ, HOMIES!

~ Why can’t you people be nice to Ben once in a while? I mean damn, poor guy. Nice promo, Manson. Keep up the good work.

SINGLES MATCH

NO-DQ, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Dace Night vs Manson

~ I was told that this match was co-written by both competitors, and thus my main complaint about is that it was too short! My other complaint is that I found it lacked atmosphere in some parts, but besides that, the match was good and for most of it, a very entertaining read. The tornado double arm ddt is one awesome move, btw. Manson... I look forward to meeting you in the squared circle shortly...

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

HELL IN A CELL

Sean Atlas vs Crow©

~ Sean and I wrote too much. 10,500 words it totalled up to, I mean fuck me in the ass, that’s a lot of words.

Guest emerald_fusion

A pretty crappy and plain promo from me for the show, but it's better than not doing anything at all.

I haven't read much of the show yet, but the TV Title match was very good, and the main event was definately excelent, a great match to send Atlas off to the WF and solidify Crow as the best the JL currently has to offer.

Guest Aecas

With a bit of luck Crow mate yes ;)

Maybe I'll even beat him one day, we shall see :)

Guest The Superstar

Oooooooooh hell yeah. Fantastic pay-per-view from top to bottom..especially the ladder match and HIAC. Good luck to Dace and Atlas in the SWF, and oh yeah...

TV CHAMP~!

Guest KingOfOldSchool
PROMO

MANSON STYLISH GOTH STYLEZ, HOMIES!

~ Why can’t you people be nice to Ben once in a while? I mean damn, poor guy. Nice promo, Manson. Keep up the good work.

SINGLES MATCH

NO-DQ, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Dace Night vs Manson

~ I was told that this match was co-written by both competitors, and thus my main complaint about is that it was too short! My other complaint is that I found it lacked atmosphere in some parts, but besides that, the match was good and for most of it, a very entertaining read. The tornado double arm ddt is one awesome move, btw. Manson... I look forward to meeting you in the squared circle shortly...

Well, at least I didn't give Ben the cliched ass kicking, like so many others do.

And yes... the match.

Dace and I had agreed to co-write it, but something came up with him, so I more or less wrote it all. And the latter portions were written and edited during a gracious extension from Tod.

My visions for the match were up around 8k. When the problems hit, I wanted at least 6k.

And I did get up there during the extension, but wasn't happy with any of it as none of it flowed and it seemed rushed, due to trying to get it done and being damn tired. I figured that it's better to have a shorter, tighter read, as opposed to a longer match that runs out of steam at the end. So I brought it back down to 5k, and changed it around a bit so that the finish could be worked into it better. So despite it being a bit tame for this kind of match, in my estimation. And lacking in atmosphere here and there, as you said, I'm happy with it. Despite it not being what it could've been. And my one regret, other than the length, was that I didn't get to work in more weapons and more ladder usage, which is what I was building towards.

So thank you, Crow.

Sign in to follow this