TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrTom

All-Madden Difficulty Sliders

Guest DrTom

A friend of mine tried these on the PS2 version of Madden 2003, and said it made tremendous improvements in the gameplay. I just got the list, so I haven't implemented them. As far as I know, it works on all versions of Madden 2003. They're designed to take the All-Madden difficulty setting from ridiculously unfair to realistically challenging. If any Madden fans out there want to try these and report back (I don't know how much time I'll have to log a few games with them and see), that'd be great.

****************TIFO’S ALL-MADDEN SLIDERS FOR REALISM VERSION 3.0*****************

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO READ MY INTRODUCTION, METHODS, EXPLANATIONS FOR EACH SETTING, AND REALISTIC GAMEPLAY VS. REALISTIC STATISTICS ARGUMENT TO BETTER UNDERSTAND MY SLIDERS. DOING SO WILL ANSWER ABOUT 95% OF YOUR QUESTIONS!!!

WARNING: These sliders have only been tested in All-Madden mode (Human vs.CPU) and (not simulated CPU vs.CPU) or (Human vs.Human) and since the game plays dramatically different in All-Pro, Pro, and Rookie modes, I do not recommend you use these sliders for any mode other than All-Madden. Of course, you are welcome to try them in other modes but I seriously doubt you will get realistic stats. If you’re looking for realistic sliders for All-Pro, I highly recommend Rockbottom3’s sliders for All-Pro.

***If you average about 60 offensive play calls a game (add the rushing and passing attempts together) that is typical of a normal NFL game and you should get some pretty realistic stats. However, if you burn time off the clock or one team has possession of the ball more than the other, then the stats will differ. 60 plays is the AVERAGE most people get when playing 8-minute games.***

(8 minute quarters)

Auto Sub Out: 72%Auto Sub In: 77%

(Numbers given represent “clicks” from left to right 0-10 on slider scale)

Pass lead sensitivity: 5 (default)

Offense: Human/CPU

QB Accuracy 7/7

Pass Blocking 6/0

WR Catching 10/10

RB Ability 10/8

Run Blocking 9/9

Defense: Human/CPU

Awareness 12/12

Knockdowns 9/9

Interceptions 11/11

Break Block 20/6

Tackling 12/12

Special Teams: Human/CPU

Kick length 10/10

Kick accuracy 10/1

Punt length 10/10

Punt accuracy 10/10

Kick length 10/10

Penalty Sliders:

(Numbers given represent “clicks” from left to right 0-99 on slider scale)

False Start 99 (Max)

Holding 60

Face Mask (everyone I know plays with it on “0” no explanations needed! If you want it I suggest “45”)

Offensive Pass Interference 45

Defensive Pass Interference 99 (Max)

KR/PR Catch Interference 60

Clipping 99 (Max)

Intentional Grounding 60

Roughing the Passer 75

Roughing the Kicker 75

If you have any questions, remarks, or praise, post them here and I’ll be more than happy to reply as soon as I can.

-- Credit goes to some chap on GameFAQs.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I used Tifo's (or whatever his name is) sliders and tweaked them a bit. I found that when I'm playing with the "real" teams I have very realistic games, but when I create a team via fantasy draft the play is still too unrealistic.

BTW: some idiot recently ratted on me over at that board (I check up every now and then in the Baldur's Gate 2 board) and said I had an "offensive user name" and my account was suspended for a few days. I found it funny...