TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Ban tank abbott...

Guest bob_barron
I do too chave. He could've easily gone back on his word and banned tank but chose to stick by his word despite the majority thinking he was wrong. This is why Dames is a great Admin

I think the circumstances should decide.

What's more important? Keeping your word to an asshole fuckhead who doesn't DESERVE it, or keeping the board peaceful?

It's about his integrity, and i respect him for it. He said something and decided not to go back on it. If he would have gone back on it problems could arise from it. It's not as simple as you make it out to be Anglesault

What he said

I do too chave. He could've easily gone back on his word and banned tank but chose to stick by his word despite the majority thinking he was wrong. This is why Dames is a great Admin

I think the circumstances should decide.

What's more important? Keeping your word to an asshole fuckhead who doesn't DESERVE it, or keeping the board peaceful?

It's about his integrity, and i respect him for it. He said something and decided not to go back on it. If he would have gone back on it problems could arise from it. It's not as simple as you make it out to be Anglesault

What he said

Yeah, what they said.

Guest SP-1

I think it is exactly that simple. If you give your word to someone who turns out to be undeserving and it will hurt people or something you're in charge of in the long run, you become hurtful to the people or place yourself by sticking to your guns on a bad issue. Integrity is not simply keeping at something just because. Integrity is judged in the honorable results.

I think it is exactly that simple.  If you give your word to someone who turns out to be undeserving and it will hurt people or something you're in charge of in the long run, you become hurtful to the people or place yourself by sticking to your guns on a bad issue.  Integrity is not simply keeping at something just because.  Integrity is judged in the honorable results.

If he continues to be an asshole he will then be banned.........simple enough. If he went back on his word many people here if not everyone could lose trust in him and what he says. If he keeps his word then everyone looks at him as a standup guy who they can trust. That's why its better to keep his word

I think it is exactly that simple. If you give your word to someone who turns out to be undeserving and it will hurt people or something you're in charge of in the long run, you become hurtful to the people or place yourself by sticking to your guns on a bad issue. Integrity is not simply keeping at something just because. Integrity is judged in the honorable results.

It all boils down to what you do when you make a bad decision. Be honorable and stick by your first decision, even though it may be wrong or change it, at the expense of your reputation. Whatever decision Dames made, he would have the same number of people sticking up for him.

Guest SP-1

The issue isn't whether to keep your word or not. It's being careful who you give it to in the future, and also recognizing that there will be times when you have to simply choose to do the right thing and trust that people aren't neanderthals and will recognize that the chosen action was right.

It should be situation based. Blindly forging ahead into something that might cause malicious trouble simply because you gave your word is no better than, and is in some ways endorsing the troublemaker.

Now, I know Dames is a stand up guy and I can think of nobody else I'd want running this place. He's fair and he always has been and even though I have a slightly different take on where the line is as far as continuing to hold to a promise, I believe his heart is in the right area in what he's choosing to do now. I still trust him and I will continue to do so until he gives me a reason not to.

The issue isn't whether to keep your word or not. It's being careful who you give it to in the future, and also recognizing that there will be times when you have to simply choose to do the right thing and trust that people aren't neanderthals and will recognize that the chosen action was right.

It should be situation based. Blindly forging ahead into something that might cause malicious trouble simply because you gave your word is no better than, and is in some ways endorsing the troublemaker.

Agreed. If there is one thing that Dames has learnt from this debacle, it is to be careful about who you give your word to.

That's something that cold, hard life experience will teach you, and something I still struggle with, because when I give my word I will keep it, no matter what. (See a coming post in LS&D about this topic along with the backstory that will justify it being there)

And Ripper my man, trust me, the apartment situation was a good place to be at one point, but it changed radically once I started living there, and now I'm seriously debating taking on a second job to get my ass out of there.

I dunno why this thread was bumped, but damn if it doesn't bring back some memories of the TSM yester-year with some of the member names I saw.

Hello, I'm a TSM poster. I'm gonna tell YOU how to grieve for loved ones.

But more importantly, I'm going to tell you how NOT to grieve for loved ones!

1tank.jpg

Haha

This doesn't seem like something I'd laugh at.

I declare shenanegans.

I was right, it was Mole. Old threads are FUBAR'd

Guest Vitamin X

If you go back and observe the first page of this thread, it's amazing to see how much we've all changed. Doing something like tank abbott did, in today's TSM, would just be another regular thing, and we'd all react very similar to how Marney would (theonly even-keeled and apparently mature poster at the time, understandable given her age compared to the board).

If you go back and observe the first page of this thread, it's amazing to see how much we've all changed. Doing something like tank abbott did, in today's TSM, would just be another regular thing, and we'd all react very similar to how Marney would (theonly even-keeled and apparently mature poster at the time, understandable given her age compared to the board).

Tank Abbott was a pioneer.

Guest Princess Leena

Marney has always been mature.

She remains so at shootproject.com/thepit.

Quoted for truth.

Biggest surprise in this thread is Milky's response to my actions, given that he has since declared his love for me over the *unzips pants* comment.

I learned that Dames wouldn't ban you if he said he'd give you another shot.

Good for him.

Ah, the more innocent TSM days. Back when "unzips pants" gave me a rush of righteous anger and not a wave of nostalgia like now.

I remember when I realized Brody was tank abbot, the first thing I thought of was "Didn't I call that guy a piece of shit once?" Brody's cool though.

Edit: Ah, god damn prick, that was it.

Quoted for truth.

Biggest surprise in this thread is Milky's response to my actions, given that he has since declared his love for me over the *unzips pants* comment.

Oh, I was probably just trying to ingratiate myself with everyone else.

Man, people were a bunch of pussies back then. They didn't have any sympathy for me or anyone else even 2 years later, in 2005.

See, this is why we hate you. You always somehow have to make it about you; do you have a vagina? Real men don't do this.