TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Ban tank abbott...

Guest Mole

No I am not looking for pity, so please don't anyone say that. tank abbott just said something un called for, and I couldn't even think of words to say back to him.

In general chat, I said this:

For those who don't know, my Mom passed away in January and my dog passed away in March. Anyway I found this picture today, of my Mom and my dog when he was a puppy. It is the only picture we have of the two, so it is pretty special. I thought I would share it with everyone, plus it is in my avatar now.

Then tank abbott says:

*unzips pants....*

WHAT THE FUCK? Dames says he gets another chance, but I believe he should be banned now, to go along with him being a fuckin bigot.

Guest Dangerous A

Fuck him, Mole.

He isn't worth the space. Not even in NHB.

Guest AM The Kid

I agree, Dames...please ban him, thats totally uncalled for.

Guest SP-1

That's some bullshit right there.

What Tank did, not your feelings, Mole. I agree with you.

Guest BorneAgain

I've seen a lot of insensitive shit on the board, but that tank abbott comment takes the fucking cake. His mother died, abbott, you god dammed prick. How would you feel if one your parents died and some asshole made a cheap unfunny remark about it? Death is not shits and giggles especially the death of a parent. Take your shit elsewhere.

Mole I would like to offer my condolonces to you about the losses in your family. I've been lucky. I've only lost one pet, but it bothered me for a long time. I'm also glad you have something to remember them both by.

As much as I regret it, I DID say "do it again and you're gone". I'll admit, that was a mistake.

However, I don't want to compound on that mistake by going back on my word and ban him now. Trust me, with as much disdain as people have for him on this board, it won't be long before he hangs himself.

Dames

Guest MaxPower27

I want to see him try to defend himself against all of this. He's a fucking asshole

Guest Mole
I want to see him try to defend himself against all of this. He's a fucking asshole

I'd LOVE to see that too.

I'd also love him to say that to my face, like I said in the orginal forum, I'm a little guy but I would still fuck him up.

Guest Cancer Marney

Not to defend someone I don't know, and of whose posts I've read... well... one, but what happened to grieving with dignity? You know, privately?

Mole, your mom died. Your dog died. Well yes, that's terrible, and as a fellow human being I'm sorry for your loss. But do you really need to change your avatar to a picture of them and start a thread about the change? Sorry, but that's just begging for an insensitive comment. Just ignore it. You think your mom would be proud of you for petitioning for the banning of some stranger from an internet message board because he made fun of her death after you trivialised it? Jesus Christ. Get over it, and get out of the goddamn house. I'm really not trying to be cruel, and yes, from what little I've seen of him "tank abbot" is an asshole, but the whole goddamn world doesn't revolve around the fucking Smartmarks board.

Guest treble charged

He said it to get a reaction out of you and, apparently, it worked.

Guest bob_barron

I agree with TC and Marney- You're basically doing exactly what he wanted.

Just ignore the guy and move on

Guest Flyboy
Not to defend someone I don't know, and of whose posts I've read... well... one, but what happened to grieving with dignity? You know, privately?

Mole, your mom died. Your dog died. Well yes, that's terrible, and as a fellow human being I'm sorry for your loss. But do you really need to change your avatar to a picture of them and start a thread about the change? Sorry, but that's just begging for an insensitive comment. Just ignore it. You think your mom would be proud of you for petitioning for the banning of some stranger from an internet message board because he made fun of her death after you trivialised it? Jesus Christ. Get over it, and get out of the goddamn house. I'm really not trying to be cruel, and yes, from what little I've seen of him "tank abbot" is an asshole, but the whole goddamn world doesn't revolve around the fucking Smartmarks board.

I was going to say something similar to this (but a lot shorter), but I didn't since I didn't want to be mean.

I mean... paying homage to your mom on A FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?! Um, that's pretty dumb, in my humble opinion. You seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you on the board just because your mom died. I'm sorry for your lose, but everyone has their loses. Everyone is lot putting pics of their mom and dog in their avatar.

But, hey... what the hell do I know?

Guest Mole

Um, I wasn't starting a thread about changing my avatar, I was starting a thread about this picture I found that was special to me, that is all. Maybe other people had the same type of thing happen to them, and they wanted to share special pictures of past love ones.

How is that begging for an insensitive comment? I guess I don't realize how cruel people are in this world, so whatever.

Sorry guys, but if getting a reaction out of the guy is what he wants, then so be it. When someone pisses me off, on the internet or in real life, I voice my opinion. I asked for him to be banned because what he said was un-called for. I've never asked for someone to be banned, but what he did was just plain old wrong.

Guest bob_barron

Why encourage him to make further insensitve comments that could piss you off?

What Flyboy and Marney said was right on the money

Guest Flyboy
Sorry guys, but if getting a reaction out of the guy is what he wants, then so be it. When someone pisses me off, on the internet or in real life, I voice my opinion.

Never get mad over something someone says over the Internet. They don't know the real YOU, so just ignore it. You don't even know tank_abbot, so him saying something about you behind a computer screen shouldn't do much harm.

Guest Mole
I mean... paying homage to your mom on A FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?! Um, that's pretty dumb, in my humble opinion. You seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you on the board just because your mom died. I'm sorry for your lose, but everyone has their loses. Everyone is lot putting pics of their mom and dog in their avatar.

What is so wrong with paying homage to my mother on a FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD? How is it dumb? I don't want people to feel sorry for me, I was just posting something that meant a lot to me and I wanted to show how cute my dog was. I know everyone has their loses, and I have seen people post stuff about their real life TONS of times in General Chat, or in NHB.

Wow, it seems whenever I post something in NHB, people have to say something about it. Whatever, people are entitled to their opinions.

Guest SP-1

Mole, as someone who has lost a parent, allow me to offer a view.

Having the avatar, posting the thread, I see no problems with this. If people can post as trivial a thread as, "My Prom Picture" or some such, and we can have ultimately unimportant poster tournaments, I think there's room for someone looking to express their grief. I wouldn't think that this is the only place you can express it, but it is one place that you can.

The, "It's a MESSAGE BOARD" line is a double edged sword. On one hand, it's silly to take it too seriously. On the other, it is a viable form of communication between many, many people. And people tend to overlook that there is a living, breathing person that is posting these messages that they read, and thus it's easy to dismiss everything with the "It's a MESSAGE BOARD!" line. Regardless of whether you talk or you type, expression is expression and sometimes it's needed.

You obviously loved your mother very much, and I'm a dog lover myself so I can understand that. One way to look at things is that at least you had the time to get to know her well. I remember very little of my father, and what I do isn't always the best way to remember someone. But it doesn't take away the childlike desire for a parent that is ingrained into each and every one of us.

People on here are insensitive jackasses more often than not. Some of them might know the pain of losing a parent, some may not. The ones who don't will understand sooner or later (though I do not wish it upon them at all), and the ones who do are more civil (I hope).

Tank has been a weird, strange thorn in the board's side for quite a while. I've viewed him as a borderline troll for quite some time, and he often makes the comments he does for no reason and with little provocation. Like Dames said, he'll hang himself. He'll eventually be banned.

So don't worry about what people on here say, Mole. If they don't understand, forget 'em. There are those of us that do.

Guest Flyboy
What is so wrong with paying homage to my mother on a FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?

It serves no purpose, in my honest opinion and like it or not, it DOES make you seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you. Awww... mole's mom and dog died. I'm sorry, bro. I really am... but paying homage to her on an internet messageboard is stupid. You should pay homage to her with love and respect for her in your mind and find peace with her passing. Paying homage to her here is like blowing up that exact picture and taping it to the back window of your car and having "I MISS YOU MOM" at the bottom of it. Doesn't seem too much like a bright idea, does it?

Guest Mole

Thank you Spider, that was the nicest way to say the same thing the other people said.

Guest BorneAgain
I mean... paying homage to your mom on A FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?!  Um, that's pretty dumb, in my humble opinion.  You seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you on the board just because your mom died.  I'm sorry for your lose, but everyone has their loses.  Everyone is lot putting pics of their mom and dog in their avatar. 

What is so wrong with paying homage to my mother on a FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD? How is it dumb? I don't want people to feel sorry for me, I was just posting something that meant a lot to me and I wanted to show how cute my dog was. I know everyone has their loses, and I have seen people post stuff about their real life TONS of times in General Chat, or in NHB.

Wow, it seems whenever I post something in NHB, people have to say something about it. Whatever, people are entitled to their opinions.

Exactly. Mole was wanted to show something that meant a lot to him, and he gets some jackass making a disgusting comment about it. And now he gets bashed for supposedly setting himself up to get insulted? Yes, people are entitled to their opinions and maybe tank did do it just a reaction out of mole, but that's no excuse for allowing this troll to get away with it.

Guest Mole
What is so wrong with paying homage to my mother on a FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?

It serves no purpose, in my honest opinion and like it or not, it DOES make you seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you. Awww... mole's mom and dog died. I'm sorry, bro. I really am... but paying homage to her on an internet messageboard is stupid. You should pay homage to her with love and respect for her in your mind and find peace with her passing. Paying homage to her here is like blowing up that exact picture and taping it to the back window of your car and having "I MISS YOU MOM" at the bottom of it. Doesn't seem too much like a bright idea, does it?

I don't see anything wrong with putting a picture of it in your car window.

So, would it be dumb to get a tattoo respecting her in someway? It is the same idea.

I understand what you are saying Flyboy, but I guess I have a different opinion about it than you. That is all, so can we agree on that and not get into a 5th grade fight?

Guest treble charged
You obviously loved your mother very much, and I'm a dog lover myself so I can understand that.

That may be the most unintentionally funny line EVER. No disrespect intended, mole.

Guest Mole
You obviously loved your mother very much, and I'm a dog lover myself so I can understand that.

That may be the most unintentionally funny line EVER. No disrespect intended, mole.

Okay, but I don't see what is so funny bout it.

Guest bob_barron

I didn't notice that but that is pretty funny.

Guest SP-1

Upon reading it again, I can see where on it's own it might be. Bad wording on my part but as long as Mole understood it, I don't care.

Guest treble charged

Oh yeah, I understood what you meant, and I think most people did, but on it's own it's kind of humourous.

Guest Cancer Marney
now [Mole] gets bashed for supposedly setting himself up to get insulted? Yes, people are entitled to their opinions and maybe tank did do it just a reaction out of mole, but that's no excuse for allowing this troll to get away with it.

Eh. I wasn't bashing Mole, surprising though that may be to some people. I just think the original post was rather vulgar and exposed him unnecessarily. No, I don't think he deserved it, but I do think this whole incident is ridiculous from start to finish.

For the record, I would've banned this "tank abbott" guy without a second thought. Of course he did it just to get a reaction, which is the definition of trolling. Expressing an opinion is another thing entirely.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Tank does what he does, and he's good at it. I don't think we ought to be too careful with him though. Banning him after he was supposed to have another chance isn't that big of a deal.

Guest Lord of The Curry
As much as I regret it, I DID say "do it again and you're gone". I'll admit, that was a mistake.

However, I don't want to compound on that mistake by going back on my word and ban him now. Trust me, with as much disdain as people have for him on this board, it won't be long before he hangs himself.

Dames

Why not save yourself (and everybody else on the forum) the trouble and just ban him now? You banned Jubuki for flame-baiting yourself and others regarding 9/11, how's what Tank's doing any different?