TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Ban tank abbott...

Guest BANKYWOOD

As sad as Mole's loss is, it seems to be a plea for attention to be posting stuff like that. I come on here to just mess around, not to deal with heavy emotional stuff like that. Of course, if my mother died I'd be completely wrecked, so I can't TRULY critisize him for doing it. But sometimes it is better to mourn amongst friends and family, not strangers who really won't give it the emotional respect/courtasy it truly deserves.

I think I'm makin an ass out of myself, so I'll stop.

Guest Cancer Marney

No, for once you're not, and I agree with everything you wrote.

Guest Mole
As sad as Mole's loss is, it seems to be a plea for attention to be posting stuff like that.  I come on here to just mess around, not to deal with heavy emotional stuff like that.  Of course, if my mother died I'd be completely wrecked, so I can't TRULY critisize him for doing it.  But sometimes it is better to mourn amongst friends and family, not strangers who really won't give it the emotional respect/courtasy it truly deserves. 

I am just want tank abbott banned for being an ass. Nor do I want attention, because I hate pity. I was just sharing something that was nice, and tank had to be an ass about it.

But if you haven't lost someone close like that, you really don't know how it feels. Talking about it with anyone makes you feel better, and sometimes strangers can be the best. If you think about it, shrinks aren't your friends, but complete strangers who know your deepest thoughts. Kind of the same idea here, I guess, with me just getting stuff off my chest to other people.

And lets face it, when we're all not talking wrestling (the main reason this board exists) we're putting out little tiny pieces of ourselves... its like SSD told me awhile back, "I can say whatever about myself on here because no one knows me", and she's right.

Whether or not you think the kid is looking for attention, the old adage holds true here: If you don;t have anything nice to say, don;t say anything at all.

Marney, I understood what you were trying to say to him, but it was just a little harsh, even though you;re right also: when you post things on here of a personal nature, there are going to be some pricks who will piss on you for it, just for their own amusement and self-aggrandizement.

Its pathetic, but there it is.

Guest BANKYWOOD
As sad as Mole's loss is, it seems to be a plea for attention to be posting stuff like that.  I come on here to just mess around, not to deal with heavy emotional stuff like that.  Of course, if my mother died I'd be completely wrecked, so I can't TRULY critisize him for doing it.  But sometimes it is better to mourn amongst friends and family, not strangers who really won't give it the emotional respect/courtasy it truly deserves. 

I am just want tank abbott banned for being an ass. Nor do I want attention, because I hate pity. I was just sharing something that was nice, and tank had to be an ass about it.

But if you haven't lost someone close like that, you really don't know how it feels. Talking about it with anyone makes you feel better, and sometimes strangers can be the best. If you think about it, shrinks aren't your friends, but complete strangers who know your deepest thoughts. Kind of the same idea here, I guess, with me just getting stuff off my chest to other people.

First. I find Tank's words to be reprehensible. I'd want the cock sucker banned too. Unfortunately Dames feels he deserves another chnace. If he slips off to you again, he's gone. But don't let some heartless shithead from Delaware piss you off. More than likely, and this isn't in my case, he's extremely insecure with himself. Anyone to be as blatently calous as to say something of that nature isn't worth mentioning. I'd hope that many of us, even me, are not that desperate to get themselves over on a message board.

The thing about your mother is that you don't even talk about it. Its in your sig for EVERYONE to see EVERYTIME you post. Honestly, its a downer. I don't like looking at it. I respect that its your way of paying tribute to her, but this isn't the appropriate forum. Maybe discussing the matter with strangers on AIM is a better option. But a message board with thousands of strangers? You're just ASKING for someone to make a rude remark. There are a lot of assholes in the world with perverse outlooks on life, sadly you had to encounter one today. But I can't say you didn't bring it on a bit.

Guest Mole

If you notice, I got deleted that from my sig before you said that.

I don't know how I brought it on, I guess I just under estimate the cruelness of people in this world.

Guest Cancer Marney

Okay, whatever the origins of this, and whoever is to blame and to what degree, I'm sick and tired of listening to you snivelling about the "cruelness of people in this world." If you were trying to pay a tribute, it's been obscured, for which you should be grateful because it was silly and vulgar. If you were trying to garner sympathy, what you got from me is fading RAPIDLY every time you whine about one stupid comment from an obscene, insignificant, and irrelevant troll. And if you were trying to get free psychotherapy, it was a bloody ridiculous exercise in futility in the first place.

Shut up. Grow a pair. Move on.

Christ, this whole fucking thread is downright embarrassing. Even taking into consideration the kind of garbage that typically fills this forum.

Edited by Cancer Marney

Guest Mole

Oh go fuck off Marney.

For the 6th time, I was just sharing something special to me, and I thought I would share it with other people. THAT IS ALL.

I don't wish any harm to any of your family members because I'm not mean like that. But if someone close to you passes away, and someone says something rude/mean on the internet or real life, you'll be pissed.

And if you read the opening line of the thread, I said

No I am not looking for pity, so please don't anyone say that. tank abbott just said something un called for, and I couldn't even think of words to say back to him.

I wasn't looking for pity, sympathy, or anything like that. Like I've said a bunch of times, I was just sharing something, that is all. Someone said something mean, so I wanted him banned.

Wow I swear, when I get insulted by someone else, I get insulted for being insulted. It is just like Borne said. Good God, fuck this shit.

Guest Cancer Marney
if someone close to you passes away, and someone says something rude/mean on the internet or real life, you'll be pissed.

No, I won't, because I have too much pride and self-respect to whore my grief to strangers. In "real life" or online.

Someone said something mean, so I wanted him banned.
You're a squalling little snotnosed crybaby who's up way past his bedtime.

There, that was mean, wasn't it? Would you like me banned as well?

Wow I swear, when I get insulted by someone else, I get insulted for being insulted.
You're being insulted NOW because you WON'T STOP WHINING. I still think this tank abbott character was in the wrong, but now I want you to shut up about it much, much more than I want him to suffer any repercussions for it.

Guest Mole
No, I won't, because I have too much pride and self-respect to whore my grief to strangers. In "real life" or online.

Right, keeping your feelings inside is really good for you. I don't give a fuck if I don't have any 'pride' because I like to get my feelings out. In real life or the internet.

You're a squalling little snotnosed crybaby who's up way past his bedtime.

There, that was mean, wasn't it? Would you like me banned as well?

It is past my bedtime. I wish I was asleep right now, its 5:11, but I can't sleep at all.

You're being insulted NOW because you WON'T STOP WHINING. I still think this tank abbott character was in the wrong, but now I want you to shut up about it much, much more than I want him to suffer any repercussions for it.

Your egging me on the whole time, you dumbass. What did you say before?

Sorry, but that's just begging for an insensitive comment.

Everytime you say something back, I'm just going with the flow. I don't care what you say, Mr. Cancer. You can make fun of me all you want, I can take it. I just didn't like what tank abbott said because he said something about my mother and dog, which was cruel in it's own way. You seemed to be getting all riled up over me whinning, when you and others just keep egging me on. Man, you are asking for the insentive comments yourself, so that is why I am whinning back to you. Dumb fuck.

Guest Cancer Marney

Sigh. You just don't get it.

I really don't have anything more to say here. Have fun wallowing in your self-pity.

PS. It isn't "Mr."

Guest KingOfOldSchool
What is so wrong with paying homage to my mother on a FUCKING INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?

It serves no purpose, in my honest opinion and like it or not, it DOES make you seem like you want everyone to feel sorry for you. Awww... mole's mom and dog died. I'm sorry, bro. I really am... but paying homage to her on an internet messageboard is stupid. You should pay homage to her with love and respect for her in your mind and find peace with her passing. Paying homage to her here is like blowing up that exact picture and taping it to the back window of your car and having "I MISS YOU MOM" at the bottom of it. Doesn't seem too much like a bright idea, does it?

I don't see anything wrong with putting a picture of it in your car window.

So, would it be dumb to get a tattoo respecting her in someway? It is the same idea.

The car example isn't necessarily wrong. But it IS advertising your grief to the world when you should mourn for your loved ones in your own heart. These memories, grief and mourning should be private between you and those close to you, those people which knew your mother the best and can best grasp what her impact was. Not a bunch of strangers driving down the highway or posting on a message board.

Also, people may not want something as serious as death shoved into their face. In some cases, they don't want to know about anything unless they actually ask and want to know about it.

And the tattoo example is still, in it's intent, private. Asked about only when people WANT to know about it. Again, not shoved in their face.

Anyway, tank SHOULD be banned. But it won't happen unless he slips up again, as Dames said. There's nothing you can do to change that. I say just give it up and let him eventually hang himself, as others have said.

As it is, you can't start a thread and open up like this, and expect everyone to care or respond with kindness. It's not right, but it happens. The best way to deal with it is to let it roll off your back. Honestly, don't let what a mean-spirited stranger says affect you. You play into his hands that way.

So, yes, I agree with Flyboy, Marney and Banky. To a certain extent.

While you, Mole, may not have been asking for pity or attention, it DOES seem to others that you are.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

Guest Rob Edwards

Ban him, whether Mole set himself up for it or not isn't the issue here, It was just plain disgusting and disrespectful

If it was the first time he'd done anything like that then maybe a second chance would be warranted but it's obviously not

Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is getting disorganized. Will the "ban tank" lynchmob please form a line to the left, while those discussing life, death, grief, emotions, insults, and message boards, move to the right...

Shoot this half-finished roadkill of a thread, for its own sake. It'll be cathartic.

Guest Anorak

What are the chances of Tank having his second official TSM Suicide Thread over the tremendous guilt he feels from his behaviour?

It seems to me quite possible that his post was inspired by the same bewilderment expressed here as to 'why the hell is he posting that here'? His method was blunt, perverse and arguably unecessary in tone but almost a refreshingly necessary antidote to those horribly unecessary, inappropriate and almost sycophantic 'sympathy' threads. I'd be interested to know whether his insult was inspired by a similar point of view or purely just for the sake of being offensive or controversial. Either way I don't think a banning is justified and the incessant squeal for bannings every single day is growing tiresome. Too many of you come across as hyper-sensitive little girls.

Guest Rob Edwards
This is getting disorganized. Will the "ban tank" lynchmob please form a line to the left, while those discussing life, death, grief, emotions, insults, and message boards, move to the right...

Shoot this half-finished roadkill of a thread, for its own sake. It'll be cathartic.

*moves to the left*

BAN PLZ!

Guest cobainwasmurdered

ban him. he should have been banned after his fake suicide thread months ago.

and i think it was perfectly okay for Mole to post about his mother here. this is a messageboard it's designed for people to talk about stuff. and I know that if my mother died i'd probably tell some of the people here because I consider some of them friends.

Guest DrTom

I think that's the crux of the issue right there.

Mole, all that's being said is that an internet message board populated by ~3000 people you don't know is not the best place to grieve or pay tribute. Things like that are best confined to family and friends. When you deal with the public, you run the risk of dealing with the assholes of the world, and that's a segment you definitely don't want around something like you posted.

As people, I think everyone is sorry for your losses. I've lost both a pet and a close family member in the last sixteen months, so I can certainly sympathize and empathize. But this really is not the right forum to mourn or to make a tribute, as noble as your intentions may have been.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Dr. Tom are you really a doctor, and if so, what field? If not, do you at least take a look at the Hippocratic once in a while?

Guest DrTom

I am not a medical doctor, not that any of that has any relevance to this thread.

For the record, I agree with what Tom just said.

Whether or not Mole was in the right on posting about his mom's death isn't the case here, in my eyes, but tank abbott's clear disrespect is.

The only reason why he's not banned right now, in all honesty, is because of the fact that I jumped the gun a bit and said "don't do it again". As odd as this may sound, I still feel a bit guilty for banning Jubuki after saying that I wouldn't and I didn't want to personally feel like I was going against my word again.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

fuck that dames. what's more important, your word or making this a better place to post at?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I am not a medical doctor, not that any of that has any relevance to this thread.

Well, you don't have to be a MEDICAL doctor. You could have a Doctorate in Law or some such.

Guest Cancer Marney

Exactly. Since Dames's word is what determines whether this board is a good place to post, I say him keeping his word is far more important than any one incident.

"For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being president of this country was, to a certain extent, about character. And although I have not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I've been here three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation: being President of this country is entirely about character."

Guest cobainwasmurdered

meh. whatever, he'll fuck up anyway but i'm pretty sure he's been warned before.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Mole, first of all let me say that what tank said was uncalled for and wrong. I'm 21, no longer live at home, but am still at the point that if my mom died I would be an emotional bowl of jello. So I can see where you're coming from.

But I really think you need to stop reinventing ways to look like a total loser on this message board. You've just about run the entire gamut so I'm wondering what you're going to come up with next. I think you mean well and I personally have no problem with you but when other people make fun of you, I can see where they are coming from. You leave yourself wide open. Wide open. Just stop the stupidity, that might be hard, but please... or these things will continue to happen. He's a dick, yeah, but look at what whining about it did, it got everyone to turn against you. Next time just let it go.