TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

"Messenger Service"

Does anyone know how to shut it off? Hopefully other Windows XP users will know what I'm talking about. This "Messenger Service" are popups that well, erm, pop-up randomly and they're quite annoying. If they were internet popups, I wouldn't have a problem, but these aren't. On the installed program list, there's no program titled "Messenger Service", and thus, I can't uninstall it. Well, anyway, back to my original sentence... is there any way to get rid of them?

For Windows 2000 and XP

* Go to start and click Run

* Type services.msc

* Double-click on Messenger.

* In the Messenger Properties window, select Stop, then choose Disable as the Startup Type.

* Click OK.

Dames

I noticed the hypocrisy of those messenges early enough. The ads talk about "if you don't want to receive these pop ups anymore, go here and download such as such."

But as long as you do what I said up there...you don't need to do that or pay for a pop up killer.

Dames

For Windows 2000 and XP

* Go to start and click Run

* Type services.msc

* Double-click on Messenger.

* In the Messenger Properties window, select Stop, then choose Disable as the Startup Type.

* Click OK.

Dames

Thank you Soooo much! ^_^

Guest Razor Roman

man ever since I got DSL those things have been popping up left and right! But all the ones I got were for websites about how to get rid of them....

intereshtink....