TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

Vince keeping JR of TV...

There has been a lot of talk backstage in WWE concerning the recent angle with Jim Ross getting burned by Kane. Some feel that the company wants to move Ross out of the RAW announcing booth due to Vince McMahon being very concerned about the cosmetics of anyone who appears on television.

One WWE executive was quoted as to saying, "Vince wishes Ross's face wasn't like that," Nevertheless, the executive continued by saying, "But he also realizes Ross is by far the best announcer he's got."

Wow. If that's true (and from what we've all seen regarding Vince in the past few years, it most likely is), that's pretty tacky. Treating someone like that because of their looks? Dude, no matter what you're referring to, that's just plain wrong. Vince seriously need to be pushed off a bridge or something.

NOTE: I got this piece of info from Rajahwwf.com, so odds are, it is true. Rajah has never steered me wrong before.

Guest caboose
Vince seriously need to be pushed off a bridge or something.

Harsh Vince's treatment of JR might be, but pushing him off a bridge is not the answer!

um - there's something wrong with JR's face?

He has Bell's Palsy, and one half of his face is paralyzed or something like that. I'm not sure of all the details.

And fine, no bridge... but can I whack Vince in the face with a bat? Just once? Please???

Guest Retro Rob

The rest of the article also mentioned how the execs are really into the Coach and believe he is the "Chosen One".

Doesn't that contradict everything we have heard since last Monday? I also can't see any employee of McMahon saying something that would make Vince look like such an asshole. I mean Vince is an asshole, but he isn't THAT bad.

Guest Goodear

Yeah, because JR's face hasn't been half paralyzed for years now. I must say I have my doubts regarding this story considering the particulars of it. JR being a veritable institution in the announce both (where no one can see him) protects him from worrying about how he looks. The bigger problem for JR is that his voice is slurring a bit more as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and Taz is the best announcer the federation has.

Guest Eagan469
um - there's something wrong with JR's face?

He has Bell's Palsy, and one half of his face is paralyzed or something like that. I'm not sure of all the details.

I know, he had a fit a few years back that kept him off TV for a while

I didn't see RAW last week, did he look different?

Guest BoboBrazil

I can never see Coach being the main announcer. He just doesn't have it.

Guest Goodear

As opposed to all the outlaw announcers that WWE (or any company for that matter) employs?

Guest caboose
And fine, no bridge... but can I whack Vince in the face with a bat? Just once? Please???

Go on then, if you must...

Guest CronoT

I think the reason is because JR has been spazzing out like a bitch during broadcasts. How many times on here have people made fun of JR's commentating?

Okay seriously if this is true so what? We are talking about a television show, image is everything. If the WWE brass wants to have someone more photogenic on air, that is entirely their perogitive(sp?).

Am I wrong in assuming that most people feel like J.R. really isn't what he used to be as far as calling the matches? I for one am tired of his over the top crapola and of him talking about the main event of the night in every stinking match.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Now that Kane burned him they can tell the fans that that is the reason he looks that way.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Honestly, compared to Joey Styles, or Mike Tenay none of them are shit....

Guest Retro Rob

Well JR does have the tendency to side with his attackers at certain points (see Austin and HHH).

Scenario:

JR comes out to the ring with a bandage over his face.

"I've come out here, folks, to announce my retirement from the wrestling business. 30 years has been a long time, but it's just not worth it anymore. I've been injured quite often these last few years, and my family want me to stop. When I was burned by Kane the other week I realized that I now have to stop. It's not right to see the ones I love being hurt so often by what I do. (Boos) -Glass Breaks-

Austin comes down

"What the hell are you doin', Jim? Quitting? Hell, you're the best there ever was and will be. Why are you quiting?"

JR: "Because, Steve, it's finished."

Austin:" What - you're gonna quit because Kane burned you, is that it? Jim? Answer me!"

JR: -shakes head- "You don't get it Steve, do you? -starts to cry- When I was rolling around in agony, where were you, Steve? Where were you? You walked out on the company. What about me? I thought we were friends. I was at your bedside when you had spinal surgery. I helped to get you back. Where were you, Steve, for me. Huh? Answer me that?

Austin: Jim, I'm sorry.

JR: Well sorry doesn't cut it anymore, Steve. I'm leaving the company. Don't try and stop me.

Austin: Come on, Jim, rethink, please, I'm begging you - cries- Jim, come back.

Now you think that might be a wee bit out of a character, but if you really want to hype something you've got to break Austin.

Scenario:

"I've come out here, folks, to announce my retirement from the wrestling business. 30 years has been a long time, but it's just not worth it anymore. I've been injured quite often these last few years, and my family want me to stop. When I was burned by Kane the other week I realized that I now have to stop. It's not right to see the ones I love being hurt so often by what I do. (Boos) -Glass Breaks-

Austin comes down

"What the hell are you doin', Jim? Quitting? Hell, you're the best there ever was and will be. Why are you quiting?"

Austin:" What - you're gonna quit because Kane burned you, is that it? Jim? Answer me!"

JR: -shakes head- "You don't get it Steve, do you? -starts to cry- When I was rolling around in agony, where were you, Steve? Where were you? You walked out on the company. What about me? I thought we were friends. I was at your bedside when you had spinal surgery. I helped to get you back. Where were you, Steve, for me. Huh? Answer me that?

JR: Well sorry doesn't cut it anymore, Steve. I'm leaving the company. Don't try and stop me.

Now you think that might be a wee bit out of a character, but if you really want to hype something you've got to break Austin.

What willl most likely happen is another bullshit sequence where Austin and JR jack each other off while Austin throttles Coach for no good reason except to remind everyone that JR is the King of Announcers in the WWE and everyone else is dogshit....

Scenario:

Austin comes down

What willl most likely happen is another bullshit sequence where Austin and JR jack each other off while Austin throttles Coach for no good reason except to remind everyone that JR is the King of Announcers in the WWE and everyone else is dogshit....

Meanwhile I turn the channel to anything else because I'm tired of non-wrestling segments dominating RAW.

Guest Trivia247

I thought JR's ass was set on fire...

but...then again JR's ass.....his face...his head up his ass....and Hosses....

maybe its accurate.

Guest Mr Monday Night

Listen, Jim Ross is a fat peice of shit with Bell Paulsey. He is hideous to the eyes, and Vince SHOULD get his fucking ugly face off tv. Bah Gawd! Jim Ross's face makes me want to vomit. The fact they put his god-dammed face onto the cover of a book makes me sick. I understand he can't help it, but Jesus Vince! Don't make me look at that terrible slab of meat every week in and week out. I hope he gets a gimmick where Vince makes him wear a paper bag over his head (on tv and off) cuz freaks of nature like Jim Ross should not be allowed in public. Vince should have fired his ass as soon as he heard about Bah Gawd the Paulsey. I applaud Vince for finally pulling his head out of his ass and realizing the fans wanna see something a little easier to stomach than Jim Ross and his fucking retarded face. Coach is black, therefore, he is more appealing. I like Coach because he is hip and cool, and I can relate to him. JR is a fat, retarded, in-breed, redneck scrub and they should give him a job in a fucking office or something with a big sign that says "WARNING: UGLY BELLS PAULSEY, BBQ EATING, FAT PEICE OF SHIT BEHIND THIS DOOR. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Fuck Jim Ross.

Guest razazteca

I do not want to see more of the Coach & King team on tv. Last week they killed any interest I had in the show as they were clueless as how to react to the matches and/or angles. It looked as if they forgot to read the script before the show. King is useless without a good announcer keeping him in check and without the sex or tasteless jokes Jerry Lawler cannot be productive as an announcer.

JR is the best announcer on Raw but has been getting backlash because of his style. It is time for him to move on to something else but pushing him out of his spot without a credible replacement will not help the show any.

Coach & King cannot work together as the main announcing team because they both are codependent announcers. King tries to work tastles jokes while Coach tries to work ebonics and pointless catch phrases, both need a good guy announcer to keep them in check. Or in Coach on Heat case a former wrestler who has lesser announcing skills then him.

Hell they might as well put Paul E & Dusty in there as the announcers until they can find a better replacements.

Guest Ace309
Okay seriously if this is true so what? We are talking about a television show, image is everything. If the WWE brass wants to have someone more photogenic on air, that is entirely their perogitive(sp?).

Image isn't everything when you're presenting someone as an announcer who's off-camera for (conservatively) 75% of the show. If that were true, John Madden wouldn't have a job.