TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

Vince keeping JR of TV...

Guest Coffey
There has been a lot of talk backstage in WWE concerning the recent angle with Jim Ross getting burned by Kane. Some feel that the company wants to move Ross out of the RAW announcing booth due to Vince McMahon being very concerned about the cosmetics of anyone who appears on television.

One WWE executive was quoted as to saying, "Vince wishes Ross's face wasn't like that," Nevertheless, the executive continued by saying, "But he also realizes Ross is by far the best announcer he's got."

Wow. If that's true (and from what we've all seen regarding Vince in the past few years, it most likely is), that's pretty tacky. Treating someone like that because of their looks? Dude, no matter what you're referring to, that's just plain wrong. Vince seriously need to be pushed off a bridge or something.

NOTE: I got this piece of info from Rajahwwf.com, so odds are, it is true. Rajah has never steered me wrong before.

That's not wrong. It's a TV show. You can't say that looks don't matter.

Guest Retro Rob
Listen, Jim Ross is a fat peice of shit with Bell Paulsey. He is hideous to the eyes, and Vince SHOULD get his fucking ugly face off tv. Bah Gawd! Jim Ross's face makes me want to vomit. The fact they put his god-dammed face onto the cover of a book makes me sick. I understand he can't help it, but Jesus Vince! Don't make me look at that terrible slab of meat every week in and week out. I hope he gets a gimmick where Vince makes him wear a paper bag over his head (on tv and off) cuz freaks of nature like Jim Ross should not be allowed in public. Vince should have fired his ass as soon as he heard about Bah Gawd the Paulsey. I applaud Vince for finally pulling his head out of his ass and realizing the fans wanna see something a little easier to stomach than Jim Ross and his fucking retarded face. Coach is black, therefore, he is more appealing. I like Coach because he is hip and cool, and I can relate to him. JR is a fat, retarded, in-breed, redneck scrub and they should give him a job in a fucking office or something with a big sign that says "WARNING: UGLY BELLS PAULSEY, BBQ EATING, FAT PEICE OF SHIT BEHIND THIS DOOR. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Fuck Jim Ross.

BAN PLZ~!

Guest Kurt is King

You bunch of pussies. He can have his opinion. Dont be such bitches.

Guest Retro Rob

*sighs*

Guest BionicRedneck
I like Coach because he is hip and cool

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That isn't the point, what he said was just stupid, had to substance, and was just bagging out a guy who can't help his condition. Take a step back and read what he said.

Nice first post, think next time.

Guest Mr Monday Night

Guys, Jim Ross is a peice of shit. I wouldn't make fun of his paulsey if he wasn't so fucking annoying. He wants hoss's like Bradshaw to break in the young stubs by ass raping them in the shower. I don't see the point of you all being so sympathetic to him.

Guest Retro Rob
Guys, Jim Ross is a peice of shit. I wouldn't make fun of his paulsey if he wasn't so fucking annoying. He wants hoss's like Bradshaw to break in the young stubs by ass raping them in the shower. I don't see the point of you all being so sympathetic to him.

Really? I'm glad you are here to enlighten us all with you BACKSTAGZE KNOWLEDGXE.

Guest BionicRedneck
He wants hoss's like Bradshaw to break in the young stubs by ass raping them in the shower.

So basically you had no reason to rip into him like that.

Guest Ace309

Sounds to me like you just accused JR of being behind the alleged Bradshaw baby oil incidents.

Can you give me any reason whatsoever to believe this, in the form of a credible third party, or are you just running your mouth like a fucking tool?

Guest The Czech Republic
I like Coach because he is hip and cool

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, it's as if they took Carlton Banks and Stuart Scott and crossed their DNA to get the best of both worlds!

Guest Kurt is King
Sounds to me like you just accused JR of being behind the alleged Bradshaw baby oil incidents.

Can you give me any reason whatsoever to believe this, in the form of a credible third party, or are you just running your mouth like a fucking tool?

YOUR DAMN RIGHT IT WAS JR YA DUMB BASTARD.

I saw a documentary and it digitally enhanced a cctv tape of JR showing Bradshaw exactly how much to put in.

JR in 1993 was so cool. He just seemed like a normal broascasting guy.

JR in 2003 not so cool. Its not his condition that at all bugs me, it just the way he HAS to intesify his broadcasting style ever fucking time Austin comes out, any mention of cooking / his god damn BBQ sauce, and constantly overusing the words Ass, Hell, and Damn. His shouting into the TV set speakers just fucking annoys the shit out of me. I could do without him on RAW for some more weeks, but Coach sucks.

Guest JaKyL25
Hell they might as well put Paul E & Dusty in there as the announcers until they can find a better replacements.

My God, you might be onto something there. That may be the most interesting pairing of wrestling announcers ever contrived! It'd be chaotic! Not that I'd want something that psycho on a main show, but heck I'd watch freakin' BOTTOM LINE every week if they dubbed Heyman and Dusty doing commentary together over the matches.

Guest geniusMoment

At least he doesn't always talk about his mom anymore. I remember whenever there was T&A or cursing he would apologize to his mother. It was okay every once in a while but it got to the point of being annoying when he started saying it every show.

I for one am just sick of JR. He once was and perhaps still is a great announcer. But enough is enough and its time for a change was once the slogan of a great man and I concur. Two hours every week for going on 7 years is just too much JR. Not to mention all of the ppvs and he did some smackdowns as well. I am just sick of hearing his voice. It grates away at my soul driving me insane. But Coach isn't the anwer and the King sucks. Was I the only one hoping the Kane was going to burn king tonight to get him out of the booth. Next week the announce team of cyrus and styles debut.

Guest T®ITEC

I think that JR stopped talking about his momma 'cause she died around '98. Poor JR.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho
Hell they might as well put Paul E & Dusty in there as the announcers until they can find a better replacements.

I'd mark for a Dusty/Heyman announce team

Next week the announce team of cyrus and styles debut.

Don't push your luck.

Don "Cyrus" Callis is in NWA-TNA right now.

Joey Styles was called up by WWE, but wanted a special schedule, and was refused.

I say Heyman and Snow for Raw...THAT'D be interesting.

Guest TheGame2705

Why does everyone like Styles so much? The guy is an even bigger shill than JR and usually doesn't know the names of moves himself or can't pronounce them (for example, hoorenncanrana).

Let face it, wrestling annoucers HAVE to be bombastic with their style. I like joey Styles because he has timing. Thats something JR used to have, but he is just too out there now.

There was a time where Vince was one of the better announcers in the business, and he had a way over the top style of announcing. Gorilla Monsoon was the perfect balance, because he had been in the ring and knew what we was talking about.

If they are going with someone new, Lawler has GOT to go. He's basically single-handedly crushed any announcing talent that JR had left, with that "perverted old uncle" act, which really isn;t an act.

I don;t think I could see Joey Styles doing WWE events. Ever.

That is unless they pay him so much money to do it that it would be idiotic for him to turn it down..

Guest Raven_Effect01

If Styles were to leave MLW for WWE(not that it'll happen), I'd say he'd likely make shoot comments on WWE during commentary and get fired for speaking his mind about the product.

I've heard Monsoon and he was not that great. He was slow and always seemed to moan about the ref. For sheer knowledge, few know more than JR.

To me...I dunno why (except that he was the first announcer I heard)...but I've always liked Vince McMahon's over the top announcing.

Him and Randy Savage were the first announce team I heard when I started watching.

Plus, I mark for "BAAAAAAACK BODY DROP!"

Vince McMahon more or less lived the 80s cartoony gimmick. His suits were loud, he was always smiling and his commentary was delightfully over the top. Quite fun to listen to at times.

Guest Adrian 3:16

I don't care what the reason, I'm all for JR being removed from TV as long as possible.

If only he could've taken Lawler and Coach with him. The commentary on Raw last night was some of the worst I've ever heard. Its kind of sad how Tazz is the best announcer in the WWE by default.

Guest Lil Naitch

Seriously? Put Trips in the booth. Have him retire from active competition (which he should) and put him in the booth with Paul Heyman. Or, dare I say Shawn Michales. Tehn you have a hell and a face announcer who could fight each other later on down the line in some sort of angle.

Guest MideonMark

Yeah, Vince is a regular Steve McQueen. He thinks JR is too ugly for TV, three words- Pot.Kettle.Black. Vince looks as if he fell face first into a tank of pirrahanas(sp?) and they remoulded his face with play dough. But anyway its not his look that should result in JR being taken off TV, its the fact that he hasn't been good in like 4 years. Whats Jesse Ventura doing these days?

*On a sidenote, 100th post, whoo hoo! And it only took me a year and 4 months to get there*