TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Batman 617

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yeah, but the waking from the "Hush" dream to find out that there is a Hush would work because it would further drive Batman nuts.

No it wouldn't it would needlessly piss off readers to learn that the last 11 months were an absolute waste of time. And if anything his life would be simpler if it was all a dream.

Guest TheMadmanGreg

Nobody can possibly believe "it was all a dream" is a good ending for anything. Period. No further arguements.

Guest Luke Cage
SPOILERS

Yes it's official, after nearly a year of speculation Hush is Jason Todd. What a goddamned pathetic resolution. After being given modern-day classics like NML and BW:M? from the Bat-Group in the last few years, I guess we were due for a dissapointment, but this... God, this is the same guy who gave us TLH and DV?

I'm disgusted. I'm disgusted at Scarecrow's half-assed cameo, I'm disgusted in the Catwoman/Batman relationship. I'm disgusted at Loeb. I'm disgusted at my self for buying this arc.

It's not even the bringing back of Todd itself that sucks so much, (Even though it damages Batman's character greatly.) it's that we were promised a great resolution. This feels like shit Marvel used to do in X-Men and Spider-Man in the late 90's.

I guess if they keep Jason on as a recurring villain, I can live with it, but... if this was just shock value then this whole arc was a waste, and the follow up arc coming after the Allarzaro and Risso team ahs their 6 months will be the cherry on top.

Glad I gave up on this horsehockey comic after two or three issues...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

It wasn't Jason, it was Clayface. And Hush is wearing Tommy's necklace in the last panel.

No, he's wearing what looks like that. It could easily be another red herring.

Guest TheMadmanGreg

It isn't Joe Chill. DC took away that character and his connection to Batman years ago in Zero Hour.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

So it was Clayface? Sweet! THis book is getting better by the issue.

Here's a theoretical question:

What if Hush is Azrael, out to prove once and for all he's better than Bruce or something along those lines? It makes sense if you think about it...

Oh, wait. Azrael wasn't on DC's little contest list. Is it just me or did that stupid contest help ruin the suspense?

Guest Just J

The last of this series came out this week. Did anyone read it yet? I won't be able to get it until Sunday, so fill me in, if you know.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

It's out? I didn't see it anywhere yesterday.

the new Uncanny X-men can fill your Russo swerve quotient for a few days anyway.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, the ending was...

The Man in Bandages was Tommy Elliot, BUT he too was just a pawn in an elaborate game played by one man... the only guy who could plan such an epic crime....

THE RIDDLER!

Are you serious? Jesus christ. Well, at least they're attempting to develop somebody's character, although honestly I think that Todd would've been a better choice.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Are you serious? Jesus christ. Well, at least they're attempting to develop somebody's character, although honestly I think that Todd would've been a better choice.

Here's the sequence of events that led to The Riddler's plan:

- A year or so before the first issue of Hush, The Riddler is diagnosed with a terminal form of cancer. He begins to contimplate the greatest riddle of all: How does one cheat death?

- With the help of his doctor, Tommy Elliot, Riddler makes it to a Lazerus Pit. In the aftermath, instead of going insane his mental powers are heightened. He finally figures out who Batman is, and in exchange for his help, The Riddler concocts a plan for Tommy to destroy Bruce/Batman. However, Tommy's benefit is just a sham. The plan's TRUE purpose is to re-establish The Riddler as Gotham's primier costumed criminal.

- The Riddler and Elliot include Scarecrow in the plan. He does profile work on the various pawns, and Hush is given his name.

- The players are contacted one by one and offered what they desire for their participation (NOTE: Individual demands can be found in Issue 619)

- Jason Todd's body is exhumed

- Harold plants a device in the Bat Computer that subliminally shows Batman Tommy Elliot's face so Bruce will remember him when he falls.

- The events of Chapters 1-5 play out as planned. Gordon's gun is stolen to prepare for the next 2 chapters.

- The events of the next two chapters play out. Harvey Dent begins work on sabotaging Riddler's plan.

- Riddler diverts suspicion from himself by planning a routine crime and "throwing it" He intentionally leaves a clue to leads Bats to Ra's in the hope that Bats will kill Ra's for him.

- While Bats is gone the Jason Todd deception is planned to furthur humiliate Batman. Riddler has Jason's body hidden in a final "fuck you" to Batman.

- The "Jason Todd gag" (as named by Nygma in Issue 619) goes off without a hitch.

- Tommy Elliot gets his showdown with Batman but Dent succeeds in saving Batman. Batman has his showdown with the man who manipulated his rogue's and friends: The Riddler.

Guest TheMadmanGreg

It was an alright ending, but overall, I suppose I would have been disappointed no matter who Hush was. Still, I don't like the way that Batman was punked out by freakin' Elliot like that. This whole story arc didn't deserve anywhere near the hype it received.

The Riddler? I'm impressed. And it's about time one of Batman's foes figured out his identity; none of them are stupid, which is probably what makes them so appealing.