TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest Memphis

Click here to download the official release of Adam Ryland's latest version of EWR, Extreme Warfare Revenge 4.0.

Click here to learn about Adam's next project, entitled 'Total Extreme Warfare', which is set for released early 2004.

The wait is now officially over.

M

Edited by Memphis

Guest bravesfan
The Continuation of Warfare

An open letter from EW series creator Adam Ryland

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone to .400 Software Studios, the brand new home of the Extreme Warfare series. I'm sure everyone has a lot of questions about the move to the new site, my partnership with .400 Software Studios, and the future of the Extreme Warfare games, so i'm going to try my best to answer everything as best i can!

Firstly, i'd like to reassure everyone that nothing has changed in regard to Extreme Warfare Revenge 4.0. It will still be released on schedule, it will still be freeware, and it still contains all the features that were advertised. It will be released on this site at about the same time you read this.

The reason that Extreme Warfare now has a brand new home is that I have officially joined .400 Software Studios, and the game will now be developed in partnership with them. I feel that the Extreme Warfare series has gone as far as a freeware game can realistically go. In order to take the game to the next level, i wanted the team up with other game developers and professionals like myself, so that I have the time and resources at my disposal to reach that new level.

By joining with .400 Software Studios, that dream has become a reality. EWR will now be evolving, with a new series called Total Extreme Warfare being launched in the first quarter of 2004. This new series will take everything you've come to expect from the previous EWR games, but take it from a very good freeware game to an exceptional professional game.

How does this affect you? The advantage is that as I will be working on the game full-time and will have access to the resources and skills that .400 Software Studios have brought and are bringing to other titles such as Total Pro Football, Tournament Dreams, Total Pro Basketball and FaceOff Hockey. Total Extreme Warfare will be of a standard that previous EW games haven't even come close to, and contain features and an interface that have simply never been possible to add before.

The disadvantge is that the game will no longer be freeware. However, Total Extreme Warfare will only cost $34.99, a superb price when you compare it to other PC games currently on the market.

Will this mean an end to the EW community? Absolutely not! One of the major strenghts of the Extreme Warfare series has always been the active community, and that is something that will continue. The popular "Extreme Warfare Battleground" message board will continue to exist as the premiere fan forum for EWR, and we are grateful for Ryan, Garry and the others who helped us make sure that everyone from the Battleground could use their same login ids and passwords at the .400 Software Studios forums.

I encourage everyone to use the Suggestions Forum to put your ideas forward for the upcoming game. I'll be visiting on a daily basis to answer questions and talk through the new ideas, so you'll be able to directly influence the production of the new game - how many other professional games offer you the chance to do that?

I'm excited about the move - the chance to take the Extreme Warfare series to the the highest level is something i've wanted for a long time, and in partnership with .400 Software Studios, this is the chance to do it. I hope you feel the same way to!

I look forward to hearing your ideas and comments on the message board, and to building Total Extreme Warfare into the wrestling simulator that we've all wanted for years, but never had the chance to play. This is the future of wrestling simulators, i hope you're all ready for an exciting ride!

Adam Ryland

Extreme Warfare Creator

Guest Memphis

Appears as though the links lead to the same site.

For those wishing to discover more about TEW, place your mouse over the 'Products' option on the top menu and click on 'Total Extreme Warfare'.

The game can be obtained from the 'Downloads - Games' section.

And FUCK. Adam sold out.

Don't blame him, I would too.

M

Guest bravesfan

I wonder how far Adam and .400 Studios can go with the game engine, especially when it's already been stretched to its limits as a wrestling simulator.

To surpass the features of the freeware version, what will the "Premium" versions need to boast?

Guest Memphis

Possibly animated wrestling matches or something equally as extravagant and eye-catching that will make the game APPEAR to be a whole new dimension, when really it just has a prettier face.

EWR 4.0 is as good and as realistic as it gets. I will be interested in discovering what new options or aspects Adam and his new team decide to incorporate that justify the attached price.

M

Guest Memphis

I found all the hyped Triple H asshole options to be far too appealing to let slide, so I'm currently heading WWE's booking team and am going to take advantage of the War Games option within my next PPV.

I demoted Kevin Nash...

You obviously don't have a CLUE what you're doing. Let me book

Gold

Guest MaxPower27
So, who did everyone play as to start out with?

WWE just to get used to the controls and things.

I'll start my FLI soon.

Guest Memphis
Don't forget to choose me :)

Dames

You're a fuckin' bitch with match ratings, Dames.

I just wrote what I thought to be a pretty decent card and you RIPPED it to pieces in your review.

Just bad ass.

However, SK is a pussy, so you remain my reporter.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Well my first time really sitting down and playing the game(just a reworking of WWE right now till I get the hang of it) was pretty good. Had a decent card and whatnot. Dames gave me roughly *1/2 for my women's 3 way to *** for my Tag title match (Dudleys, Resistance, Jericho/Christian - with the Chrises winning).

Harsh or not I'd say I did not bad

I think I may be catching the EWR fever...

Guest Neil-o-Mac

Adam R going pro is much-deserved. But the thing is, with TEW being commercial software, we can be sure that the next game won't feature real wrestlers, certainly not WWE anyway.

Although I'm sure there'll be online patches to put the real names in anyway B-)

Adam R going pro is much-deserved. But the thing is, with TEW being commercial software, we can be sure that the next game won't feature real wrestlers, certainly not WWE anyway.

Although I'm sure there'll be online patches to put the real names in anyway B-)

That's right. The plan is to have it include fake and "unlicenced" guys...but RaveX will be making a patch to include everyone.

Dames

Guest Lightning Flik
That's right. The plan is to have it include fake and "unlicenced" guys...but RaveX will be making a patch to include everyone.

Dames

Oh well. I usually end up using the RaveX patch anyways.

Guest JAxlMorrison

My first PPV as my created fed, the World Wrestling Alliance

World Title: Raven over Sting **1/4

North American Title: Ken Shamrock over Jerry Lynn ***

World Tag Team Titles: Christopher Daniels and Perry Saturn over The Road Warriors 1/2 *

Light Heavyweight Title: Juventud Guerrera over Super Crazy, Psychosis and Taka Michinoku ***

D-Lo Brown over Steve Corino by DQ **1/2

Masato Tanaka over Low Ki ***3/4

Johnny Smith over Frank Shamrock ****

This was with Dames reviewing BTW

Guest HartFan86

Does anyone know if the version that was "leaked" is any different then the official one?

Guest MaxPower27
Does anyone know if the version that was "leaked" is any different then the official one?

So far, it seems the same to me.

Kind of annoying that I can't get rid of my women's division without pissing off most of my uppercard too. Politics SUCK.

Anyone else have that problem yet?

Guest fazzle

Yep. The women are always the first people I fire, and now I can't friggin do it.

Guest JAxlMorrison

Son of a bitch WWE stole Raven from me! He was my 1st World Champ and now he is gone.......I was gonna build the whole promotion around him. That's ok tho, cause Angle's contract is coming up for renewal and I STOLE HIM! BWA HAHAHAHAHA!

Guest Zack Malibu

Who gets released via the WWE this time around? I'm looking to revamp my WWA? Diary (and it looks like I'll have to recreate the WWA since it's not in the game) and wanna know what talent I can get on the rebound.

Guest Youth N Asia

I killed off my old version and got the real thing today.

Does anyone know how to make Whipwreck, Michaels, and Austin back into wrestlers? I couldn't when I DLd the game yesterday

Guest fazzle

I don't think you can make non-wrestlers back into wrestlers, just managers.

And just after booking my first card, I've been told multiple things by my road agents and wreslters:

Val and Stevie work well together, Christian and Steiner don't work well together, Hurricane wants to be booked against Jericho, and Rhyno wants to feud with UT.

Silly stupid Rhyno.