TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

PROMO - Apostle vs. Ebon revisited

The night was just another normal night for those cramped in the gymnasium crowd, those behind the scenes watching through curtains, and everyone else that was and never will be affected by the worst half hour of one man’s life.

Thirty minutes that forever changed the way he looked at life, death, sanity, pain, and pleasure…

Florescent lights hummed over the shoddy ring as the crowd waited in harsh anticipation. Two men were about to face off in a grudge match six months in the making.

One…Ebon…a man that thought he was Hollywood personified. A man that considered himself the best in the business…always ranting about how one day he would take our world and burn it to the ground…leaving it in a heap of ashes and dust for him to smoke and get high on life.

He thought he was special.

The other man…the Apostle…a man that had shunned his parents wishes and defied their rules about professional wrestling to jump into the game at an early age, almost running away from home to follow his dream. His past staying with him as he preaches to those around him about the ideals that he had set for himself. He had suffered all his life…and had grown a bit of an immunity to the torture of everyday life…

…but everything changed in just thirty minutes.

It started out normally, both men doing as they had always done when they fought one another…neither man getting the upperhand…building to a climactic ending…making the crowd love every nearfall and consequence of the others actions.

But one vial chair shot…

*CRACK*

And the blood began to pour.

The Apostle had given Ebon permission for the chairshot…tossing the chair at him and mocking his Hollywood style in the hopes that Ebon would even dare try to take a swing.

He didn’t know Ebon really would connect with such brute force.

The crowd watched in horror as the Apostle dropped to the canvas, almost lifeless. The referee tried to intervene and call for medical attention, but Ebon simply shoved him away and continued with the chair shots.

*CRACK*

*CRACK*

*CRACK*

Each metal on skull contact sent a shiver of pain through the gym and coursing through the Apostle’s body. Blood was gushing now…and a puddle lay underneath him. Ebon would not relent, even hearing the Apostle’s moans could not stop him from whatever his mission began at that moment in time.

Ebon was a man possessed.

More shots echoed throughout the gym…the Apostle’s face completely soaked in his own blood, his prestine white shirt turning a darker shade of red with each passing moment as he tries to cover his face and wipe away the crimson from his eyes.

With each passing moment the puddle grows…and even Ebon is getting a bit bloody, his chair now with a dark red spot in the center, dented…showing exactly how much damage he could cause.

Finally…

…he stops….

Dropping the chair down and standing in the ring, looking out at the crowd…mocking them…mocking the Apostle…mocking the world. But behind him the Apostle is still alive…still breathing…still moving.

…Crawling toward the ropes, a trail of blood following his every move, covering his tights, his arms, his boots…

…his soul…

Ebon is on the turnbuckle now…shouting out at the crowd…laughing at the destruction he caused in front of a mere 538 paying customers.

But the Apostle is now on his feet, having climbed up the ropes and holding himself up, giving a dead bloody stare right through the back of Ebon…

…and Ebon can feel it.

Ebon turns to see his opponent on his feet, looking incredibly pale underneath the crimson mask. He needs medical attention…mental attention…but Ebon has other ideas.

Calmly stepping down he grabs the chair and holds it high…right over the Apostle’s head. But the Apostle does not beg off or back down…his eyes still burning right into Ebon’s soul…a smirk on his face…

…he begins to laugh out loud…

*CRACK*

…and he drops.

Finally refs are out to stop the madness, with EMTs close behind…pushing Ebon away and working to pull the Apostle onto a stretcher. Ebon simply laughs to himself and drops the chair, exiting the ring without a care in the world.

…he knows what he did…

…he knew one day he would have to face the consequences…

…he never knew it would be so soon…

Standing in the same gym two years later…the Apostle has found an emotional center. An SJL camera whirls around him, watching silently as he looks around the same place where is life was changed forever. The same place ‘Bloodshed’ was born……the aftermath of the match still burnt into his soul…

…the pain…

…the torment…

…the longing for revenge…

Finally the camera stops…moving in close to the Apostle’s face as he begins to speak out to those watching.

Apostle: Ebon…Craig…look at this place. The foul stench of urine still lingers as it did that night in front of those fans. I can still feel the blood on my forehead and laying at my feet…I can still hear the gasps and the crack of the chair hitting my skull repeatedly while you laughed above me…

Those sounds…those feelings…they have stuck with me for the past two years…

But the sad thing is…

You couldn’t keep me down.

You tried…you attacked me for six months…and I attacked you back. We fought and bled for each other…but nothing like that one night. I never saw a drop of your blood after that Craig. I only saw my own pain…every time I closed my eyes I could see you and could see your chair coming at me…

…and I despised you for it…

Then one day…everything became clear to me. I shut my eyes…I saw that chair…I felt that pain…

…and I enjoyed it, Craig.

I had nothing to fear anymore…so I decided to leave the gyms and the warehouses…and come to the SJL. Little did I know that my first night I would see my past staring back at me…the one person I had never forgotten.

…you…

I couldn’t stand it. Had you been within a few feet of me you would have died at the point I realized who you were. I would have ripped off your head and sacrificed it to MY GOD…but no…common sense prevailed, Craig…and I decided that torture would be more fun…

…mental torture…

…physical torture…

…but you decided against that, didn’t you…Craig.

You attacked me and left me for dead once more…but this time… you had no idea what kind of person you would let loose on the world. Your past has come back to haunt you as well, Craig…and it’s time you learned the true meaning of Praise.

Soon all will be answered…

Your past has returned…

Your present is bleak…

Your future is entropy…

Your future is your own destruction…

Your future is me…

PRAISE ME.

As the Apostle says those final words…the gym goes to all black…but the image of Ebon’s final chairshot straight to the Apostle’s head lingers in the darkness…

…a ghostly visage of the past…the present…and the future…

Heh. This is strikingly familiar to me. If you go deep into the archives, you'll find that Kibagami and I ran a similar sort of blood feud with background in the past last year. This is good--it has the dirty, low-lit feel of the gymnasium, and the sheer relentlessness of Ebon giving everything a very reckless feel. Shift to first-person at the end is a good way to RP it up, make things even more direct and bring them into the now. I think it might have gone on a little too long...too many sentences that fold back on themselves just for the sake of increasing drama in the middle...but I diggity dig.

Guest ErekT2k

Good stuff. Is this the same Apostle that formed XF9 in the first place? Or am I missing something?

no it's not... as much as you all would love that...

I'm a different Apostle...

but down the line... I would jump in and be Apostle v2.0 with a XF9 v2.0 and bring it to greater greatness...

...or something

Guest ErekT2k

Actually it's both. I haven't commented on your promo in depth but I actually like the style of it. The mood is dark the way you read it and the only suggestion I would give is to use italics and stuff like that to build up the tension. Like when you inserted flashbacks in the near middle about the confrontation with the chairshot, whether it was in a match or not, it would have been more clear if it was italicized or something of that sort. But the promo was really dark, much better than my goofy promos that I wrote when I was still here...

damn, which reminds me I still havent written the sequel to my Disneyland promo...

Sign in to follow this