TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realsandman420

2 more books you should be reading

Guest realsandman420

1) GOTHAM CENTRAL- tells the story of what it would really be like to be a cop in gotham.

2) FABLES- story book fairy tales done vertigo style. believe me when i tell ya, your missing something special here if your not reading this.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Good couple of choices, though I'm not a big fan of the GCPD.

My two books that you should be reading are:

1. Y: THE LAST MAN

2. BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS

Guest realsandman420

i agree with both of those.

at first the story to Y seemed kinda dumb. but when the first 2 hit, it was highly recamended on the bendis board so i gave it a try. and boy am i glad i did. Y is just fantastic. it'll be interesting to see how long he can make the story work.

batman....can't go wrong with rucka. he hasn't let me down yet. hell, i even tried his wonder woman. wasn't bad for a first issue. seems like he's building a supporting cast. which is what WW needs.

you should try the newest issue of gotham central. it was probally the best book i read this week. i really liked it.

I'm really digging Fables.

It may be able to replace Preacher as THE Vertigo book to get (as Preacher replaced Sandman once that title ended).

My two books that you propably aren't reading are...

1...THE MIGHTY THOR: Dan Jurgens is doing a great job with the whole Thor as both king of Asgard and selfappointed guardian of Earth has been amazing so far. The series has jumped some 15 years into the future, with the Asgardians fully taking over earth. Very good stuff.

2...THUNDERCATS: If you haven't read any of the Wildstorm TCats stuff, you really should. They've done a great job taking the sometime shokey 80s cartoon into a really great series. Any of the mini's so far have been very good.