TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

"Dangerous" U.S. Leaders

French card deck names 'most dangerous' U.S. leaders

PARIS, France (AP) -- The ace of spades? Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld gets the honor in a new French deck of cards. President Bush is the king of diamonds and Osama bin Laden the joker.

The game takes a jab at the famous deck of cards created for U.S. soldiers hunting down ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and other leaders from the deposed regime.

"I found it completely indecent to present a manhunt as a game," said Thierry Meyssan, the man behind the French deck. "We thought this card game would allow us to ... explain why we consider the government of George Bush a threat to international security."

Meyssan is the author of a one-time French best seller, "9-11: The Big Lie," claiming that no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military.

Now, Meyssan said in a telephone interview, he wants to expose "the 52 most dangerous American officials."

Meyssan heads the Voltaire Network, a left-wing association that put the cards on its Internet site.

A little over 2,500 decks a la francaise have been sold, at $9.20 each, on the Internet in recent weeks, Meyssan said. There are plans to sell the decks in stores soon and translate them into 10 languages, he said.

Each card carries a photo of the official and a text explaining the choice. Bush, as the king of diamonds, is described as "the president of a baseball club."

The caption reads: "Head of a baseball club and director of Salem bin Laden's oil company (brother of Osama). Designated President of the United States by friends of his father at the Supreme Court after the vote count showed that he lost the elections."

-------------------------------------------------

Now, my French may be a little off, but let me see if I can get this right. Ahem.....Sacre bleu ! Meyssan is le ultimate douchebag.

Guest MikeSC
French card deck names 'most dangerous' U.S. leaders

PARIS, France (AP) -- The ace of spades? Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld gets the honor in a new French deck of cards. President Bush is the king of diamonds and Osama bin Laden the joker.

The game takes a jab at the famous deck of cards created for U.S. soldiers hunting down ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and other leaders from the deposed regime.

"I found it completely indecent to present a manhunt as a game," said Thierry Meyssan, the man behind the French deck. "We thought this card game would allow us to ... explain why we consider the government of George Bush a threat to international security."

Meyssan is the author of a one-time French best seller, "9-11: The Big Lie," claiming that no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military.

Now, Meyssan said in a telephone interview, he wants to expose "the 52 most dangerous American officials."

Meyssan heads the Voltaire Network, a left-wing association that put the cards on its Internet site.

A little over 2,500 decks a la francaise have been sold, at $9.20 each, on the Internet in recent weeks, Meyssan said. There are plans to sell the decks in stores soon and translate them into 10 languages, he said.

Each card carries a photo of the official and a text explaining the choice. Bush, as the king of diamonds, is described as "the president of a baseball club."

The caption reads: "Head of a baseball club and director of Salem bin Laden's oil company (brother of Osama). Designated President of the United States by friends of his father at the Supreme Court after the vote count showed that he lost the elections."

-------------------------------------------------

Now, my French may be a little off, but let me see if I can get this right. Ahem.....Sacre bleu ! Meyssan is le ultimate douchebag.

Hmm, I wonder if they'd like us releasing a deck with the most infamous French Nazi sympathizers.

I know the French have a huge beef, seeing as how we're actually CAPTURING most of the targets, while the frogs haven't actually done a thing since, when, the 19th Century?

-=Mike

It's funny that Napoleon was French, since the Napoleon syndrome that typifies little guys with big egos is pretty applicable to the entire nation: a country that's ultimately inconsiquential to the scope of human history from the 20th Century forward, has an inferiority complex about it, and then goes and picks fights with the biggest guys (U.S.A.) because of it.

A while back O'Reilly (OMG FAUX NEWS LOL 2003!) had some teacher on that did something similar to this in her class. It wasn't nearly as extreme as the above mentioned, and I think it dealt more with news articles. He tore that bitch apart...

They don't claim that 9/11 never happened, they claim that 9/11 was a ploy by our government to get people behind Bush's administration and behind the war he wanted to go to in Iraq.

It worked too, that's the saddest part.

Guest BDC

Yes, they call our leaders dangerous. I suppose we wouldn't be as dangerous if we yelled "Lululululu! JIHAD!" before we did something.

As for that theory, I would wonder how they get such a malicious intent idea out of our administration. You can't call Bush a moron and a calculating evil genius both.

Guest JMA

While I find French hate to be both ignorant and stupid, the guy who wrote this stuff is clearly a jackass. I believe bin Laden himself has claimed to be behind the attacks. Saying the US goverment would willing kill all those who died in the attacks just to justify going to war... I find that to be a little insane.

They don't claim that 9/11 never happened, they claim that 9/11 was a ploy by our government to get people behind Bush's administration and behind the war he wanted to go to in Iraq.

I thought the Jews plotted 9/11? Oh wait, the American government is an Isralie puppet anyway, same difference. Never mind...

:bonk:

For the good of mankind and the overall future of humanity, if you actually believe that, please do your fellow humans a favor and sterilize yourself. As we've seen in other threads in this forum recently, it can be quite simply done with a large knife or garden shears.

As for these cards, I'm actually quite glad they came out - now perhaps I won't have to hear any more bullshit about how it's exclusively America who is damaging foreign relations between the two nations.

I find this to be somewhat less stupid than "freedom fries", but certainly no less petty.

He tore that bitch apart...

FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FATHER SHUT UP!

Um, he did. Big deal. I have also gone on record when someone rips Bill a new one, too.

OH I GUESS I SHOULD TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO MAKE MY POST MORE MENACING -- ROAR!...

Guest cobainwasmurdered

That's really stupid and petty. Though Freedom Fries was far worse as it was in the government buildings in America and this is just some French Lunatic.

But yeah, it's pretty ghey. Though it's not suprising

He tore that bitch apart...

FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FATHER SHUT UP!

Um, he did. Big deal. I have also gone on record when someone rips Bill a new one, too.

OH I GUESS I SHOULD TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO MAKE MY POST MORE MENACING -- ROAR!...

I thought he typed that because that's what Bill said on the show. He acts like a jackass a lot, which makes one wonder as to why he's taken seriously.

Wait a minute, does ANYONE on this board take him seriously?

I think O'Reilly said that to another guest (guy whose father died in the 9/11 attacks -- I think the son signed some ad in the NY Times protesting war, but don't quote me on that), and frankly, Bill looked horrible in the segment...

Yeah, which is why I mean that JoTW wasn't directing that at you. It seemed as if you thought he was telling you to SHUTUP FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FATHER~! Whatever. Can we just agree that he's a jackass and live happily ever after?

To stay more closely to the point of the thread, there's a difference between the government doing something stupid like freedom fries, and just some dumbass making this deck of cards. While the fact that his book is a best seller is pretty pathetic, I'm sure there are examples in the US as well. Not nearly on the same level though, as saying that 9/11 was plotted by the military is just sad.

Bill had on some kid who opposed the war or something and his dad died on 9.11.

Bill got really really pissed and the kid kept trying to point stuff out and Bill kept yelling at him and then cut the mic. It was hilarious

Bill got really really pissed and the kid kept trying to point stuff out and Bill kept yelling at him and then cut the mic. It was hilarious

I think the kid was a member of a radical group who's message was that the US were the real terrorists...

Guest BDC

Uh, just FYI, when I worked in the Senate Hart Building, the commissary (North Servery, I think) they were just listed as "Fries" on the menu.

Guest JMA

I think the kid was a member of a radical group who's message was that the US were the real terrorists...

I hadn't heard that. I do know that his dad didn't like Bush, though. Take that for what it's worth. I remember the kid's last name was "Glick." It was just a case of Bill being the bully that he is. I'm really glad Franken took him down a notch.

As for the French guy, he's just a nut. Plain and simple. Every country has 'em (with NO exceptions).

Guest MikeSC

You actually give some credence to this idiot?

Man, I pity you.

-=Mike

The trickle-down theory in action:

Half of TSM, and all of WDI

|

\/ <- Pity

TheMikeSC

|

\/ <- Pity

Cartman?

Guest MikeSC
The trickle-down theory in action:

Half of TSM, and all of WDI

|                                           

\/          <-  Pity           

TheMikeSC

|

\/          <- Pity

Cartman?

I suppose I should now ask the obvious: "Who the heck is WDI?"

But, then again, the level of my giving a damn who WDI is is awfully low.

And only half of the people here don't respect me? I need to work harder to really drive up the disdain here.

I mean, heck, I can ONLY hope to reach the level of enmity that you have.

-=Mike

Guest JMA

WDI = World Domination Inc. They're another wrestling message board. We share some of the same posters. There are also former TSM posters who just post there now. Posters on both sides have also "invaded" the other board on occassion. Hope this helps.

WDI = World Domination Inc. They're another wrestling message board. We share some of the same posters. There are also former TSM posters who just post there now. Posters on both sides have also "invaded" the other board on occassion. Hope this helps.

Are they more "friendly" to individuals of Tyler's political persuasion?

If so, this explains some things.

There's no real reason to be offended by this, but the reasoning behind it is what gets to me. I don't think we were neccessarily trying to trivialize the nature of finding key Iraqi personnel, it was just a neat idea. If the French had done this and labelled it a deck of American leaders instead of dangerous American leaders, no one would be nearly as worked up about it. All about diction.

Oh, and anyone who didn't even imaginatively think that this was perpetuated by our own government is lying. Kinda like how we all know very well that we've actually thought through how the moon landing could be a hoax. Naturally, we know that 9/11 wasn't an inside job (for lack of a better term), but it's a provocative mental exercise to think "what if...?"