TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Fantasy NBA League?

Yahoo just opened up signups for their Fantasy NBA. We did it last year and although the league tapered off towards the end (as they all seem to do) I think we can do another one.

I havent set anything up yet cause I wanted to see how many people wanted to join and ideas for how scoring and rosters should be set up...and if someone wants to do it then by all means..

I was in last year (one of the few that stuck with it all the way through), and i'll certainly be in it again.

And this year i won't be an idiot and choose Vince Carter in the second round of the draft.

Edited by Cuban_Linx

I havent set anything up yet cause I wanted to see how many people wanted to join and ideas for how scoring and rosters should be set up...and if someone wants to do it then by all means..

Since I've never ran a fantasy basketball league, I'd be glad to do it.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm in but I've never played fantasy basketball. So don't get pissed when I win fewer games than the Nuggets.

I'll commish the league unless somebody else wants to. Of course I have no problem if Agent Bond or Marvin is the commish.

Head-2-Head

6 starting (2 Guards, 2 Forward, 1 Center, Utility)

4 bench

I'm willing to set it up.

Just curious. What type of draft you guys want?

Live - Done live as we want it.

Autopick - We submit what we want, they auto pick for us. Sorta.

Offline - We do it offline, (in the forums) then submit the results to Yahoo.

+++

Personally, I'd go with Offline, just so that we don't get hassles. Plus this way, we make sure that everyone can make it to draft day.

What do you guys think?

Even if I'm not setting it up, still thought that question should be asked and answered.

Well last year we lost some people in the opening month because the Clippers sucked so bad, so maybe if we go Head 2 Head and small teams the league will be more fun.

I want in. I've never done fantasy basketball head to head, always rotisserie, but this sounds like it could be fun.

Ok... I need one more person to join now. As we've got 15 and Yahoo needs even number people.

Why that is, I don't know.

However, I just want to know what people think of the draft.

Live or offline (let's skip auto, as I doubt anyone will choose that).

I am more in favor of a live draft, but if offline is what's selected, I won't be offended.

Offline draft would still be a LIVE draft.

It'll just be done here instead. All offline means is that it's done by us mutually, and when the draft is finished, the Commish sends the draft stuff in.

Hence why I suggest offline, as then everyone can meet at the date that's appropriate for them, instead of having a draft done up and then no one can effectively make it.

Like the instances with the NFL draft (which a few people missed, but a few of the few, it was due to their own faults [like myself]) or the NHL draft (which luckily was an ok draft overall, but really marred because of things like people not available and a lot of people missing the draft).

At least with an offline draft done up in this forum, at least then we don't have to worry about that stuff.

Oh, and I realized we'd have 16 teams. Marvinslunatic started this whole thing off, so that makes 16. So DA actually made us even again. YAH~!

Oh and just so everyone knows it will be a head to head match up. Roster Changes still to be decided (weekly or daily, I'm leaning to weekly as the head to head is weekly matchups). But I'm still wondering what everyone wants it to be.

Categories I'm thinking of as what gets awarded for points (still up for debate):

Field Goals Made (+2)

Free Throws Made (+1)

Three Points Made (+3)

Points Scored (+person score)

Total Rebounds (+amount of rebounds)

Assists (+1.5)

Steals (+3)

Blocked Shots (+2)

Turnovers (-5)

Personal Fouls (-2)

Times Fouled out (-10)

Technical Fouls (-3)