TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Topics in Current Events

Guest Sohaib Falaajul
I think we should introduce temporary bannings in this folder, just like the WWE one

I agree, sometimes people get out of line with their political beliefs, but don't deserve to bebanned from the entire board, a temp ban on this folder would be pertinent in our overly-divisive society

No, but it gives us some respite, why is it that people cant have a political debate without it spurting off into some left wing/right wing bullshit

But that's when it gets fun.

And in the words of a wise Jedi master: "Do, or do not, there is no temporary ban." (This was to be included in the film's final cut, but that commie Lucas decided against it at the last minute...)

Guest MikeSC

I should mention that Dr. Tom HATES the folder-specifid bannings. And I doubt he's fond of temporary ones.

I'll go ahead channel him: Why don't you just ignore INXS?

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

We can't ban INXS yet. I still want a retard fight to the death between INXS and C-Bacon.

I should mention that Dr. Tom HATES the folder-specifid bannings. And I doubt he's fond of temporary ones.

I'll go ahead channel him: Why don't you just ignore INXS?

-=Mike

To be more accurate, I hate them in any folder that doesn't get bazillions of posts -- and bazillions of idiots -- per day. They've been working so far in the WWE folder, and with all the traffic and tards that place has, it needs something like that. CE is a different animal. The post count is lower, and there are very few retards posting here. While all of us disagree with those on the other side of the fence, I think we all have to admit that very few people who post in this folder with any degree of regularity could be called stupid. And even then, they get that label for their outrageous opinions and the manner in which they present them. I'm not a fan of censoring people's political beliefs, however outrageous and fuckheaded they might be, so I don't like the idea of a "Suspended from CE" group on those grounds.

Besides, problems in this folder tend to police themselves. It needs very little direct moderation.

Guest Hemme

The Diana/Chi magazine pictures debate.

Now over here in the UK, these pictures are being condemmed by all the national papers, "sick" "goulish" "disgusting" & "inhuman" are just a few words they've used. In todays Sunday Mirror, there is an article about the magazine being sold on ebay & how pictures like this are "sick" yet 2 or 3 pages later I see a body of a young child killed in Isreal & a burnt body of an adult.

So how is one picture worse than the other?

So, lots of protests up here this past weekend about our troops being in Afghanistan. A lot of signs, "Stephen Harper - War Monger" really made me raise my eyebrow.

None of the protestors, the speeches, the signs even mention that Harper wasn't even in charge when the troops were sent over to Afghanistan. Gotta love those hippie-crites.

I love when hippies get pissed of at conservatives.

But in hindsight, if the Liberals were still in, there will be bible thumpers protesting to get out of Afghanistan.

I could see them fucking up Canada even worse than Bob Rae fucked up Ontario.

*sighs* Yeah, I could too.

It's too bad Rae's gonna take the Liberal crown, because I'm sure as hell not voting Tory 18 months from now. But Layton's gonna win, at most, 35-40 seats.....I don't want to vote for Bob Rae as PM, although I do like his Pharmacare Idea.

I'm at odds with calling them Tories since the merger with the Alliance. In my eyes the only true Tory party left is the Provincial Progressive Conservatives.