TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spicy McHaggis

The One And Only 24 Season 3 Thread

Guest T®ITEC

Well, that was pretty cool, I have to admit. Chase's last scene had me laughing with utter horror. And I sort of spoiled the ending for myself by waiting for someone to freakin' DIE, which they did not... But what did happen was rather depressing, which is why I feel guilty for giggling. Yes, I am horrible.

I wish they didn't say that Palmer was dropping out of the election since it would have been nice to have had that cliffhanger hanging over until next season, but other than that, no complaints.

I was expecting Jack's SUV to blow up when he started it. They set it up to well for that. OF the 3 endings, this is the lamest "cliffhanger" ending. Its as if they decided to give people a happy ending after the last two not so happy endings.

Next year better not be set in L.A. though.

I don't think it was supposed to be a cliffhanger at all. It just seems like through these last few years, and especially this season, Jack has had a sort of superhuman aspect around him. He does some crazy shit that most people could never consider doing, and this time it caught up to him.

I mean, for Chrissakes, he became an addict, shot one of his best friends (and collegues), and chopped off an innocent kid's arm--a kid who is probably going to marry his daughter. It just caught up to him, and that chillingly human moment at the end gave the season a beautiful cap.

Not to mention that the Salazars, whom he spent a year becoming close to, were killed, and Claudia, a love interest of his, was killed. Then, factor in that in the same day, he shot and killed Nina, the woman that killed his wife.

Throw that in on top of the stuff mentioned and it's no wonder he finally broke down and cried.

Some other stuff...

- The scene with Chase and Jack drinking coffee in the train station... 24 characters DO eat and drink after all!

- I loved the end to the President Palmer story. It's a real nod to the evolution of the character over the last 3 years. In season 1, he was the totally stand-up guy, doing everything straight down the line, right by the book. Over the course of season 2, he showed signs of being willing to do bad things. Then, this year, he went all-out with corrupt practices in the name of saving his ass.

So, tonight, in the final episode of the season, he finally realized that he had become what he'd hated and originally fought against: a corrupt politician. That's when he knew it was time to walk away.

That's some pretty deep stuff.

Yeah, tonight's episode was excellent. Subdued, and the dispatch of Saunders was very anti-climactic. But I think it was the right way to go about a finale for this crazy day. We got the huge all-out action ending two hours ago. This was the effect of what's built up throughout.

I'm so glad nothing crazy or super-shocking happened to close out the season. I expected that we'd get a huge cliffhanger, and I was so pleased to find the show so anchored in its main character,and willing to give the last two minutes to his quiet, stoic release of everything that's built up all day. The cliffhanger is about how everyone - Jack especially - is going to deal with the changes of the day. Jack soldiers on.

It was the worst day we've seen in 24. The most consequences of any day, far-reaching, and really huge in scope. Every season there are a few people who lose a lot - Jack loses Teri in the first season, Kate Warner loses her sister and the whole family falls apart on day two. This year, everyone lost something, and what they lost was big. Great season.

- I loved the end to the President Palmer story. It's a real nod to the evolution of the character over the last 3 years. In season 1, he was the totally stand-up guy, doing everything straight down the line, right by the book. Over the course of season 2, he showed signs of being willing to do bad things. Then, this year, he went all-out with corrupt practices in the name of saving his ass.

So, tonight, in the final episode of the season, he finally realized that he had become what he'd hated and originally fought against: a corrupt politician. That's when he knew it was time to walk away.

That's some pretty deep stuff.

No doubt. Totally agree.

I wish Palmer would pardon Tony, though.

Great finale! I almost broke down with Jack, especially after the shit he went through on this particular day.

I heard that Kiefer Sutherland was officially divorcing his wife because he was having an affair with Reiko Aylesworth aka Michelle. Don't know the truth to this rumor or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I was expecting Jack's SUV to blow up when he started it. They set it up to well for that.

I know!!

I cringed and tensed up all the way through that scene until the car safely started.

I was expecting Jack's SUV to blow up when he started it.  They set it up to well for that.

I know!!

I cringed and tensed up all the way through that scene until the car safely started.

Eh, he woulda survived. After all, he's Jack Bauer, badass, not Jack McKay, Dylan's dad on 90210...