Logo

im_logo_200.gif

Home

ph_giles_031106_190_02.jpg

Road ("Sand" color)

ph_nevin_031106_190_01.jpg

Alternate

ph_giles_031106_190_01.jpg

Sand? Bleh, home uniforms should always be white and road uniforms should always be grey damnit! And I wish teams would drop the softball 3rd jerseys. Leave that shit for batting practice and Spring Training but wear real uniforms for real games but most teams are guilty of it now. Got no problems with the logo or lettering though.

Edited by Bored

I like the alternate jerseys. I think they for the most part, look better than the, well, other alternatives. Don't tell me you don't think those Cubs alternative jerseys don't kick ass.

And I don't think the Padres will be half bad next year. They'll be putting out a pretty impressive lineup and this offseason may prove to be profitable in their pickups.

I'll tell you this...they don't kick ass. Maybe a team fielded with Fernando Valenzuala, Sid Fernandez, Rick Reuschel, and Bob Horner could pull off the softball uni look but otherwise they should all be burned.

Guest Choken One

at least it's not another bird or something but WHY the fascination with new Unis being blue?

I'm convinced Linder will put the reds in blue unis if he thought he could save a few dimes.

at least it's not another bird or something but WHY the fascination with new Unis being blue?

I'm convinced Linder will put the reds in blue unis if he thought he could save a few dimes.

They should go back to brown. Anyways, nothing offensive about the unis, but then again nothing that stands out either.

Still, it's better than the (don't call us Blue) Jays logo...

I'm not diggin' the logo that much, but the uniforms are pretty nice. The sand color could be a little bit lighter (are they trying to tie in the San Diego beaches or something???), but otherwise they're not too bad.

The brown jerseys they were sporting in the 70's and 80's are the shit. I've got one of those, matter of fact. Of course, worn in a "serious" context, if you will, those look way too dated now.

Guest Just Looking
I'm not diggin' the logo that much, but the uniforms are pretty nice. The sand color could be a little bit lighter (are they trying to tie in the San Diego beaches or something???), but otherwise they're not too bad.

The color scheme is supposed to represent the sand, sky, and ocean.

im_logo_200.gif

It does look like a beer logo, hmmm...

Dammit, if I wanted deeper meanings to my sports jerseys, I'd have Shakespeare quotes written on them

im_logo_200.gif

It does look like a beer logo, hmmm...

Dammit, if I wanted deeper meanings to my sports jerseys, I'd have Shakespeare quotes written on them

lol!

Truth be told I don't mind the home and road uniforms. I don't like the softball-style alternates though. On the other hand, for some reason I don't like the Cubs' road jersey that just says "CHICAGO."

I heard the old alternates were camouflage. Now there's one you don't see often.

And for a damn good reason, too.

I think it's brilliant. The announcers should be like "and that one's going deep into left field and it looks like it'll be a base hit for the Dodgers and NO! That one was caught! And it's a double play! They thought there was nobody in left field, but they couldn't tell, because he was camouflaged! Oh boy! This is not good for the L.A. Dodgers."

Guest Anglesault

I love teams that have uniforms, which are basically used to identify them, that change every other week.

The worst offenders (in baseball) are the Blue Jays.

Guest Anglesault
I love teams that have uniforms, which are basically used to identify them, that change every other week.

Yes, we know, the Yankees have never changed their look.

Not in what is it now, 80 years?

What's your point?

Teams shouldn't just change their look on a whim.

You can't seriously believe that when there's a team like the Diamondbacks running around, having worn about 30 different uniforms during their time in the league.

As for the Jays, the logo/uniform change this year is the first drastic one in the team's history. The 1997 change was more of a modernizing of the old, 70s-ish logo and the one they wore last year (the red 'T' with a Blue Jay holding a bat and throwing a baseball in the air) they had introduced as an alternate/spring training logo a few years earlier (and it sucked).

Guest Anglesault

You can't seriously believe that when there's a team like the Diamondbacks running around, having worn about 30 different uniforms during their time in the league.

I honestly hadn't noticed.

Do they still have the Fugly "A" logo?

As for the Jays, the logo/uniform change this year is the first drastic one in the team's history. The 1997 change was more of a modernizing of the old, 70s-ish logo and the one they wore last year (the red 'T' with a Blue Jay holding a bat and throwing a baseball in the air) they had introduced as an alternate/spring training logo a few years earlier (and it sucked).

But you don't deny that they are one of the teams bastardizing the concept of the logo by changing it repeatedly?

Well, like I said, the 1977-1996 logo wasn't really all that different from the 1997-2002 one. It was the same basic design, just modernized a bit. I really don't know why they wore that cartoonish one in 2003 (or even really why they're changing it again for 2004), but it was only for 1 year, and it was pretty much known that they were going for a new look in '04 so I look(ed) at '03 as a 'transition' year.

As for Arizona, I found this, which shows the logos they've used over their long, illustrious history, but I know they've worn many different style uniforms since 1998.

Guest Anglesault
Well, like I said, the 1977-1996 logo wasn't really all that different from the 1997-2002 one. It was the same basic design, just modernized a bit. I really don't know why they wore that cartoonish one in 2003 (or even really why they're changing it again for 2004), but it was only for 1 year, and it was pretty much known that they were going for a new look in '04 so I look(ed) at '03 as a 'transition' year.

As for Arizona, I found this, which shows the logos they've used over their long, illustrious history, but I know they've worn many different style uniforms since 1998.

Inaugural season, opening day, and wives' club logos can be forgiven.

Also, two logos is about right for a team. One on the cap and one other is okay.

Yanks have NY and Uncle Sam, BoSox have the B and the Sox logo.

This however, is new to me.

alternate-1953.gif

I don't recall anything specifically like that any where