TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

The One and Only NWA TNA 11/19/03 thread...

I just finished watching the show. I was very impressed this week, far better than last week's snoozefest. I was interested in most of the matches and highly entertained.

The show loses points for that atrocious ending to the Tag Title match. That "both shoulders down" angle has already been shot to shit.

No one wants to post in this folder anymore because of a certain person who must turn every thread into a flame-war of Jarrett Hate vs. Everything Else.

It's not one person anymore. I pretty much avoid this folder now because anything done by NWA:TNA is instantly the worse thing possible in the eyes of alot of people here. I've seen alot of Dutch Mantel's booking before and while some shows are disapointing, he lays a lot of foundations for later shows. And to the ROH guys, I beginning to dislike the product just due to your constant mentions of it here. In fact, I'm probably going to stop buying it because it breeds fans like some of you.

The thing is, this isnt like TV, people pay $9.95 a show and EXPECT SOMETHING GOOD FOR IT. Thats why Mantel's having trouble now. And as far as things being so bad in people's eyes, well maybe because things are THAT BAD. I loved TNA at the beginning but they have turned me from the product pretty well. I'll still watch if something seems like it has the chance to be good, but tonight's show wasent one of them. As far as not wanting to see ROH because people speak of it highly, thats just plain stupid.

Next week:

Jarrett vs. Rhodes in a lumberjack strap match with nine fans and Jimmy Hart as the lumberjacks all with belts

Raven vs. Northcutt & Legend in a handicap match

Diamond & Swinger & Gilberti vs. Konnan & Killings & James with the winning team getting the NWA tag titles

Michael Shane vs. Sonjay Dutt for the X title

and they said Roddy Piper would do a promo, although didn't make clear he'd be there live

Wow..it doesent seem like it's gonna get better, AJ vs Jeff on 12/3 will probably be my next order.

The thing is, this isnt like TV, people pay $9.95 a show and EXPECT SOMETHING GOOD FOR IT. Thats why Mantel's having trouble now. And as far as things being so bad in people's eyes, well maybe because things are THAT BAD. I loved TNA at the beginning but they have turned me from the product pretty well. I'll still watch if something seems like it has the chance to be good, but tonight's show wasent one of them. As far as not wanting to see ROH because people speak of it highly, thats just plain stupid.

I'm not against it because you praise it, Hell, it is some of the best pure wrestling there is. What I'm against is little fan boys wrecking seemingly every damn thread there with how ROH is so much better than anything before or after it. ROH zealot fans quickly become some of the worst posters here because they buy so much into the hype and forget that there are other promotions who do things different ways, which automatically makes them suck in alot of your eyes.

Guest MikeSC
I...liked...the show...

From top...to...bottom...

OH NO! WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Agreed. The tag title finish did suck the meat missile and I'm not sure if I like Sonjay Dutt as the top contender to the X Title, but overall, a fun show.

The radio angle came across about as badly as I expected it to, though.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
No one wants to post in this folder anymore because of a certain person who must turn every thread into a flame-war of Jarrett Hate vs. Everything Else.

It's not one person anymore. I pretty much avoid this folder now because anything done by NWA:TNA is instantly the worse thing possible in the eyes of alot of people here. I've seen alot of Dutch Mantel's booking before and while some shows are disapointing, he lays a lot of foundations for later shows. And to the ROH guys, I beginning to dislike the product just due to your constant mentions of it here. In fact, I'm probably going to stop buying it because it breeds fans like some of you.

Hold it.

MOST people are spending $10 a week for this product. If it is NOT good, they have EVERY right to gripe and bitch and moan.

Last week's show was bad.

This week's was pretty decent.

Next week's looks pretty bad.

WWE gets ripped when THEIR product on TV is bad --- and it is (arguably) free. When TNA is bad --- and most people are paying for it --- they will get MORE criticism.

-=Mike

...A company whose fans are incapable of handling criticism has a sad fanbase.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Wow.....Styles/Abyss was the first match in a long time (from TNA at least) to have me on the edge of my seat marking out.

Overall, I think it was a decent show, except for Simon & Swinger v. 3LK.

AGAIN WE GET THE STUPID DOUBLE PIN ANGLE? JEEZ NO ONE WANTS TO JOB TO AMW I GUESS.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Hold it.

MOST people are spending $10 a week for this product. If it is NOT good, they have EVERY right to gripe and bitch and moan.

WWE gets ripped when THEIR product on TV is bad --- and it is (arguably) free. When TNA is bad --- and most people are paying for it --- they will get MORE criticism.

-=Mike

I was actually directing towards dave O'Neill or whatever his name is now.

I have YET to read ONE positive comment of his about TNA, even though he's seen a handfull of matches downloaded from Kazaa.

He comes into almost every thread complaing about Jeff Jarrett, his "daddy" and "uncle Dutch" over the SAME things.

He keeps complaining about Raven's lack of push even though he has majority control of his character and angles.

He's gotten so bad to the point that BPS had to warn him to stop his shit or he'd be banned.

I hate AMW, but I still find positives in TNA. It's jjust annoying when one person can't let go of an argument and kill a thread and the folder entirely because of it.

Guest MikeSC
Wow.....Styles/Abyss was the first match in a long time (from TNA at least) to have me on the edge of my seat marking out.

Overall, I think it was a decent show, except for Simon & Swinger v. 3LK.

AGAIN WE GET THE STUPID DOUBLE PIN ANGLE? JEEZ NO ONE WANTS TO JOB TO AMW I GUESS.

My thoughts on the show:

The opener was a decent, chaotic brawl. I'm not a huge fan of garbage brawling, but this had some energy and the fans got into it. However, just out of a sense of decency, I can't give ANY match with Erik Watts involvement too good a review.

Kash v Shark Boy was nothing offensive.

David Young v Sabin was decent --- and help me God, I actually kinda liked his segment with Gilbertti and the tag champs.

AMW can't cut a promo to save their lives.

The radio thing, as I posted elsewhere, was just plain ol' bad.

The X match was good. I happened to like Oulette (always have) and had no beef with his involvement. I would have had him go against Shane and just squash the living beejeezus out of him --- but I suppose they need to develop new challengers and Sonjay was really the only true face. I've not seen enough of Dutt to really generate an opinion on his work. I don't have a lot of hope for next week as I don't have much faith in Shane.

AJ v Abyss was pretty good. No beefs whatsoever ...

Well, outside of the whole Dusty v JJ match announced for next week.

Then again, Dusty made Styles look like crap while AJ was champ. Maybe JJ feels he should suffer the same fate.

-=Mike

Hold it.

-=Mike

I have no problem with criticism, and quite frankly, I probably have more problems with the way WWE and NWA:TNA are than most. But it comes to a point, when only negative opinions are regurgitated ad nausem with not a bit of worth in any discussion. You can not have a thread in this folder have worth anymore because it quickly becomes a sea of shit.

Guest Devin

Hold it.

-=Mike

How many of the people complaining in this thread actually watched the show?

It seems like those that actually watched it have good things to say this week. Meanwhile the ones who constantly bash a product they don't even watch, continue to bash away.

Guest MikeSC
Okay....now can someone post results? All I see is star ratings and that Raven went over in the Clockwork Orange House of Fun.

Raven, Sandman, and Watts went over in the Clockwork House of Fun.

Kash b. Shark Boy

Dutt won the X-Division three way

Sabin b. David Young twice

3LK and Swinger & Diamond fought to a no-contest

Styles b. Abyss

Dinero & Punk b. Ekmo & Siaki

Did I miss anything?

Also, those dancers tonight were hella-hot.

-=Mike

Guest dvkorn

The show was quite decent...

Styles Vs Abyss was great... They made Styles look great, and Abyss looked alright as well... And look Styles was superman this week and no one's complained but when Jarrett does it everyone complains... TNA seems to book there top faces at supermen... not just Jarrett... wow...

The tag titles getting held up for a 3rd time.... and the same way how they did the other two...Wouldn't it have just been better to have a no contest or Double DQ or something and then make the match they did... for next week...

X Vs Sonjay Vs Daniels... it was quite decent... X pulled out some nice stuff.. Didn't expect Sonjay to go over... I don't know why but i think next week they'll make Sonjay the New Franchise...

6 man Clockwork Orange House of Fun match was a fun brawl..

Overall, quite the decent show...

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
I have YET to read ONE positive comment of his about TNA, even though he's seen a handfull of matches downloaded from Kazaa.

He comes into almost every thread complaing about Jeff Jarrett, his "daddy" and "uncle Dutch" over the SAME things.

He keeps complaining about Raven's lack of push even though he has majority control of his character and angles.

He's gotten so bad to the point that BPS had to warn him to stop his shit or he'd be banned.

I hate AMW, but I still find positives in TNA. It's jjust annoying when one person can't let go of an argument and kill a thread and the folder entirely because of it.

Give me one positive thing about TNA that wasn't booked by Vince Russo

Explain to me why Jarrett vs Dusty Rhodes is a good idea

Explain to me why Raven is being completely wasted against the rookies

Explain to me why Sonjay Dutt deserves an X-Title Shot

Explain to me why Jean Pierre LaFitte The Evil Pirate was pushed in the first place.

Justify bringing in Lex Luger, Sting and Roddy Piper

Guest TDinDC1112

Give me one positive thing about TNA that wasn't booked by Vince Russo

Explain to me why Jarrett vs Dusty Rhodes is a good idea

Explain to me why Raven is being completely wasted against the rookies

Explain to me why Sonjay Dutt deserves an X-Title Shot

Explain to me why Jean Pierre LaFitte The Evil Pirate was pushed in the first place.

Justify bringing in Lex Luger, Sting and Roddy Piper

Justifications:

-The previous issues of a few weeks ago with Rhodes and Jarrett make this match make sense - plus it keeps Jarrett occupied next week until he goes against Styles.

-Raven is involved subtly in the main program right now - he's chasing the title, but the heel group led by Callous is throwing road blocks in his way. People have explained facts to you NUMEROUS times of how Raven isn't being wasted, but you choose to continue to base nothing on facts about your hero.

-Why wouldn't Sonjay Dutt deserve a shot? He just won the tournament. This statement proves that you will complain about everything.

-Because Don Callous sent him in basically to kill the storylines. If you actually WATCHED THE SHOW you'd know the storylines that are surprisingly becoming very focused.

-They're names, and whether the people on this board like it or not, they are names and TNA thinks they'll help them in the long run.

Guest TDinDC1112

After the first 45 minutes or so, I thought the show was very good. AJ vs. Abyss was excellent.

Guest TDinDC1112
You know, If I could, I'd watch TNA. Its like a car crash, or Smackdown, you know its bad, and you shouldn't, but you watch anyway.

Um, isn't the car crash/freak show reasoning the same exact thing I used to justify Luger being brought in and I said people liked watching freak shows, but I seem to remeber you thinking that was crazy. You need to actually form your opinions and stick with them because people remember the things you say on here.

-They're names, and whether the people on this board like it or not, they are names and TNA thinks they'll help them in the long run.

But they havent helped, and thats a big problem. Theyre no-where nearer to a TV Deal. TNA needs to use the money they spent on these idiots, and build up new stars.

As for the not watching thing, as I've said before, I CAN'T, but if anyone wants to send me anything pre-Dutch Mantell, I'll watch it and unbiasedly review it

Blanket Statement : I hate TNA because of their treatment of Russo

Does that make anyone happy????????

Guest TDinDC1112

But they havent helped, and thats a big problem. Theyre no-where nearer to a TV Deal.

As for the not watching thing, as I've said before, I CAN'T, but if anyone wants to send me anything pre-Dutch Mantell, I'll watch it and unbiasedly review it

How do you know they haven't helped get closer to a TV deal?

I understand you can't watch, but the point is how do you form all these opinions then, and that's always been the point I think.

Guest TDinDC1112
Blanket Statement : I hate TNA because of their treatment of Russo

Does that make anyone happy????????

Yes, because I can understand your line of thinking at least.

I read the Observer, The Torch and Dames' Diatribe, and these give me a pretty good foundation as to whats going on.

Again, a lot of people in the WWE Forum say Smackdown sucks just after reading the spoilers, I fail to see a difference