TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

The One and Only NWA TNA 11/19/03 thread...

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
Blanket Statement : I hate TNA because of their treatment of Russo

Does that make anyone happy????????

Yes, because I can understand your line of thinking at least.

Thank You

Waitaminute...was that an insult???? Because I have the nerve to like Russo or something???????

Edited by Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Guest TDinDC1112
Blanket Statement : I hate TNA because of their treatment of Russo

Does that make anyone happy????????

Yes, because I can understand your line of thinking at least.

Thank You

Waitaminute...was that an insult???? Because I have the nerve to like Russo or something???????

No. You made a point that I can understand. I don't like Russo, but if you like him that's fine. If you like him a ton (which it seems like you do) and don't like that he's been phased out, I would understand that you dislike TNA.

Guest TDinDC1112
I read the Observer, The Torch and Dames' Diatribe, and these give me a pretty good foundation as to whats going on.

But Meltzer loves Dutch Mantel and AMW. Do you actually read the actual Observer newsletter, or just the website - HUGE difference.

I read both, and I haven't read glowing praise for Dutch in recent weeks. He was actually criticised by the Meltz a few days ago, saying the ludicrous booking of AJ in the past few weeks is proof that Dutch never watched the shows before starting booking. As has been noted by a few people on this board, Mantell's slowass week-to-week booking works fine on free tv, but on PPV, people expect something.

At least with Russo, you got payoffs now and again. Dutch's system is leading to a huge discrepancy in buying shows, where its say....3 weeks of buildup to a pay off show, so people won't bother to buy the three weeks.

TNA, Yes, We did fire the most successful booker of the 1990's, to appease Hulk Hogan, and replaced him with Uncle Zebekiah. Yes, we will be the No. 1 Pro Wrestling Company in Six Months :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Guest Coffey

I'm not really a fan of Vince Russo because of his "hit or miss" style, however I agree that making changes like his involvement to accomodate someone who isn't even on the roster is pretty retarded.

I mean, Hulk Hogan never even came in and Russo still got sent home. Why would Hogan get any say? Yes, he has a huge name, probably the biggest name in wrestling, but he shouldn't have that much stroke, especially when he's not even in the fucking company yet.

"Hey, I'll be there in a month, send Russo home."

That's what it seems like to me.

What annoys me even more, and I'll probably get flamed for this, is that I doubt Hulk Hogan will ever be in TNA. Feb 29 is a fortnight before March 14....I doubt Hogan wants to risk injuring himself before he gets on a flight for NYC

Guest Coffey

I'm in the minority (maybe the only person) but I don't think the Hulkster will be at Wrestlemania XX.

The WWE got their match out of him with Hogan/Rock. This time, there is no nWo, there isn't a Rock (as of right now, I'm sure he'll show up around January or so) and Hogan has nothing left to do.

I don't know why people say Hogan/Austin would be a "dream match." I know that I don't want to watch it, nor have I ever thought "man, I hope I get to see Hogan/Austin one day!"

I thought about Hogan/Rock, Austin/Goldberg & HBK/Sting.

Guest TDinDC1112
Why would Hogan get any say? Yes, he has a huge name, probably the biggest name in wrestling, but he shouldn't have that much stroke, especially when he's not even in the fucking company yet.

Because he's Hulk Hogan, and they will do anything to get him in.

Guest TDinDC1112
But still, WHO would he face ?

I'm not talking Wrestlemania b/c he won't be there. I was referring to TNA.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would have to agree and say that Hogan will NOT be brought in for Wrestlemania.

Guest MikeSC
TNA, Yes, We did fire the most successful booker of the 1990's, to appease Hulk Hogan, and replaced him with Uncle Zebekiah. Yes, we will be the No. 1 Pro Wrestling Company in Six Months :rolleyes:

Umm, doesn't WCW's run with hin in 1999 and in 2000 disprove that notion?

They lost HOW many millions?

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112
TNA, Yes, We did fire the most successful booker of the 1990's, to appease Hulk Hogan, and replaced him with Uncle Zebekiah. Yes, we will be the No. 1 Pro Wrestling Company in Six Months  :rolleyes:

-=Mike

More than 60!

Guest MikeSC
TNA, Yes, We did fire the most successful booker of the 1990's, to appease Hulk Hogan, and replaced him with Uncle Zebekiah. Yes, we will be the No. 1 Pro Wrestling Company in Six Months  :rolleyes:

-=Mike

More than 60!

I've read numbers of anywhere between 40 and 80 million.

You know, if I were a stockholder, I'd be a little annoyed that a corporation was having such a hard time figuring out exactly HOW much a division lost.

40 million is no small number and that was the basic UNKNOWN level of how much was lost.

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112

-=Mike

More than 60!

I've read numbers of anywhere between 40 and 80 million.

You know, if I were a stockholder, I'd be a little annoyed that a corporation was having such a hard time figuring out exactly HOW much a division lost.

40 million is no small number and that was the basic UNKNOWN level of how much was lost.

-=Mike

There are serious issues there and it is amazing they were never looked into. They sold that company to the WWE for only 2.5 million dollars. They were offered way more by other people, but still sold it for the 2.5 million. Was that in the stockholders best interest? I think not.

Guest MikeSC
There are serious issues there and it is amazing they were never looked into. They sold that company to the WWE for only 2.5 million dollars. They were offered way more by other people, but still sold it for the 2.5 million. Was that in the stockholders best interest? I think not.

From what I understood, the other deals involved lots of speculation and some questionable financing while the WWF offered them money up front for it.

Face it, without the TV deal, their value was LOW.

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112

You're right. For as much money that WCW lost the last couple of years, and for as horrible the product was, the ONLY reason it isn't around today is the TV was cancelled because the Time Warner Exec. didn't like wrestling. Those shows (even with their horrible ratings for wrestling standards) were very highly rated for cable.

I mean, Hulk Hogan never even came in and Russo still got sent home. Why would Hogan get any say? Yes, he has a huge name, probably the biggest name in wrestling, but he shouldn't have that much stroke, especially when he's not even in the fucking company yet.

They are banking their future on Hogan coming in, popping ratings and helping them get a tv deal. Hogan can ask them to change their name to NWA-TNAHogan and they would do it. Expect him to flex a lot of muscle when he comes in. Expect a lot of his friends to get jobs. He'll bring some good to the promotion, such as buyrates and possibly a tv deal. But he'll also bring a lot of bad, such as people like Brutus Beefcake and other scrubs.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

They are banking their future on Hogan coming in, popping ratings and helping them get a tv deal. Hogan can ask them to change their name to NWA-TNAHogan and they would do it. Expect him to flex a lot of muscle when he comes in. Expect a lot of his friends to get jobs. He'll bring some good to the promotion, such as buyrates and possibly a tv deal. But he'll also bring a lot of bad, such as people like Brutus Beefcake and other scrubs.

From Indy results, Ed Leslie wrestles maybe 3 times a year now, unless he goes under a different name for some reason.

I doubt he'd come in outside of a 1 shot deal.

Nasty Boys are done basically, but they could come in for a few weeks.

Jim Duggan? UGH. We already saw him THREE Times, and he sucked all three times.

Jimmy Hart: Already in and is actually a decent person to have around.

I can't name any other Hogan friends who would come in.

WE WANT VADER!

I hate to be a bitch about it, but which booker got an 8.13 for a 20 minute segment on October 5, 1999

Thank you very much.

Russo = Better Than Dutch Mantell

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I hate to be a bitch about it, but which booker got an 8.13 for a 20 minute segment on October 5, 1999

Thank you very much.

Russo = Better Than Dutch Mantell

I have NO idea what was the 20 minutes for but I'll guess Benoit v. Bret?

Otherwise no idea.

The This Is Your Life segment with Mick, Rock, Jericho, a whole cast of nobodies, and some jabroni called Juventud. Russo's right, these days, the wrestling is an afterthought, its the interaction between two people that counts

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The This Is Your Life segment with Mick, Rock, Jericho, a whole cast of nobodies, and some jabroni called Juventud. Russo's right, these days, the wrestling is an afterthought, its the interaction between two people that counts

OOOH he was still in WWF. My Bad.

That was entertaining, but it seemed to drag at the end with no end in site until I think Trips forced them out of the ring.