TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

The WCW Hummer Mystery

Guest drdrainoscott

Can someone please give me a detailed synopsis of the hummer angle in 1999 WCW? I know the basics to the story and just remember it being perhaps the worst angle in the history of WCW. Didn't the hummer change colors midway through the angle from black to white? Someone please help!

Can someone please give me a detailed synopsis of the hummer angle in 1999 WCW? I know the basics to the story and just remember it being perhaps the worst angle in the history of WCW. Didn't the hummer change colors midway through the angle from black to white? Someone please help!

In a nutshell:

Nash and Savage are feuding and during one skit, Molly Holly (then Mss Madness) and Geogeous George II lures Nash to the parking lot where he is nearly killed by a hummer that tries to run him down. After the segment, Savage starts hinting that he has a secret ally helping him try and kill Nash. This leads up to the return of Sid Viscious, who we are all led to believe but is never outright stated as beign the hummer driver and Savage's accomplice.

End of story? No, in fact things get complicated even more. Several months later Hogan returns (as a face) and starts feuding with Nash for the world title. This leads us to an angle where someone, Luger if I recall correctly, brings up the hummer incident to Nash and accuses Hogan of being the hummer driver who tried to kill Nash. This is where the hummer angle color change takes place, as Luger presents pictures of Hogan and his hummer (which is a totally different color than the one in the oriignal hummer attack segment).

Eventually it's revealed that Luger was lying the whole time and that it was all part of an elaborate mindgame being played on Hogan by the two of them to screw Hogan up so that Sting could win the belt from Hogan.

Then, in the famous Russo/Bischoff era debut episode of Nitro, the issue of the hummer came back yet again as Bischoff used a hummer to try and kill Hulk Hogan with it being insinuating he was the hummer driver all along by the announcing crew...

Guest Choken One

Actually, It was SUPPOSED to be believe it or not...Carmen Electra of all people.

The Carmen Electra swerve was totally not needed and showed how poorly thought out WCW was. Don't forget that Kidman was in the Hummer with Bisch when they tried to take out Hogan during the New Blood days.

Guest Choken One

Well Simple...

Nash and Electra were friends or if you believe some reports, An Item.

Nash thought it was a good idea to have Electra be Savage's Third Girl or something...

They had a agreement of sorts but it fell apart after they did the Hummer angle...and they kinda forgot about it.

I am confused that bumping this thread actually ceased talk on the subject, especially since people were willing to wait til Friday to make a new thread to talk about the subject

This sucks. So is this going to remain the Hummer Thread or should I start it anyway on Friday? I could just post the same thoughts here I guess.

This sucks. So is this going to remain the Hummer Thread or should I start it anyway on Friday? I could just post the same thoughts here I guess.

You can start a new thread. Brody is just being an ass.

And another chapter in TSM's love-hate relationship with Brody is written.

Having read this thread I don't think it has a really definitive look at the Hummer angle. I'm planning on going in depth with it, starting with the initial June 1999 angle for the GAB, the various insanity, the angle being dropped, and the bizarre April 2000 "revival" of it.