TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

"New" Astroboy trailer 2003 series

Guest The Ohtani of Time
If you want the link to the show, I'll show it to you. It takes no time at all to load up.

sounds good

Cool, I'll send you a personal message. Feel free to share your comments on it.

Thanks, for the link, I'll definately check it out.

Guest wildpegasus
If you want the link to the show, I'll show it to you. It takes no time at all to load up.

sounds good

Cool, I'll send you a personal message. Feel free to share your comments on it.

Thanks, for the link, I'll definately check it out.

Awesome. Make sure to tell me what you thought.

Guest wildpegasus

Another link for you Ohtani of Time. It's a vast and very informative sight.

http://en-f.tezuka.co.jp/help/index.html

It's a site about Tezuka and it's very well done. You can find information about his life, his manga drawings and all of his animation works. They'll even show a clip of a lot of the different series he's done. Enjoy.

Best of all, it's in English!

I was just thinking about Astroboy had around 200 episodes in the 60s after reading the mini rundown of the plots they had on the site. You take any other show and things would start getting repative by that point. Yet Astro always had ideas and the scary thing is they could have easily spread things out. The thing could've theoretically gone on forever.

Guest wildpegasus

Which brings me to the question for anyone wants to answer:

Are they any shows or movies that seem to be Astro inspired?

Or on the other side of the coin, has anyone noticed literachure/movies/Tv that Astro drew ideas from? Even if it's obvious like the Romeo and Juliet episode Astro had still feel free to discuss it. We need to get some more discussion going on Astro here. All people need to cherish in its supreme beauty.

Cool little tidbit of information I found on a message board while scouring the web:

"'Only in the first hours of the of the night, can I transform myself into a human being'" (Jung, 482). This is from a Carl Jung writing where he remembers a dream about a beautiful white bird that posseses the ability to transform into a little girl. This is of course similar to Princes Odette and Robotland.

Source:

Jung, Carl G. "Confrontation with the unconscious." Rpt. in Eisenberg, Diane U., et al. eds. Transformations of Myth Through Time: an Anthology of Readings. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1990.

Guest wildpegasus

Well, I saw my first epsiode of this generation's Astroboy. It was the 4th episode entitled "Denkou" and luckily I got to see it in it's original form. I liked it although judging just by this episode the series didn't seem as good as the 80s. I'll be able to check out a couple more pretty soon so we'll see how that goes before reserving judgement.

Denkou was about a young robot who's just a kid and wants to make everyone happy. Skunk who seems to be the same he was in the 80s has Denkou stealing riches and valuables such as the crown of Solomon. When Astro and co tell him (after Astro and his buddies buddy up together) what he's doing is wrong Denkou gets all sensitive. He's upset over everyone being mad at him for just helping out and escapes into thin air like only he having the power of invicibality can. Later on Skunk tells Denkou he's got a bomb tied around his waist after Denkou outlives his "usefullness" (he did the same thing in the 80s series) that'll go off in ?(can't remember) minutes.

Interestingly enough, in the North American version I hear they changed the sex of the Denkou charactor from boy to girl. I don't really think that was necessary but all I can guess on why they did it is was because Denkou didn't appear masculine enough and that could confuse some people. Still, I don't think it was necessary.

This series may not be as "depressing" as the 80s series because when comparing this to a similar episode of the 80s the robot died at the end after getting shot? This time the robot survives. It'll also be interesting to see if stuff like this continues.

Guest wildpegasus

Check this out! Astroboy currency and it looks like it's helping the world stay on its own two feet. The only thing better than this could be Benoit money with his face displaying that loveable toothless smile.

http://jeansnow.net/movabletype/archives/002290.html#002290

First it was the Astro Boy theme song at the station to announce the arrivals and departures of trains, and now this:

Tokyo's Takadanobaba district will start on Wednesday using "Astro Boy" currency, which features the image of the famous "anime" hero, as part of local revitalization efforts, community members said Tuesday. Shops, organizations and Waseda University will use the currency for community revitalization efforts, including volunteer and environmental activities, they said. Astro Boy's strength was measured in horsepower and therefore 1 horsepower of the currency will be equivalent to 1 yen. The bills come in denominations of 10, 100 and 200 horsepower. (Kyodo News

WP -- Awesome stuff!!

Guest wildpegasus

Saw the 1st and 3rd episodes of the new series. The 1st one was fun and the 3rd wasn't bad or anything but with even fond memories "clouding my view" I can safely say that the series isn't up to the 80s in overall quality. Although it's still Astroboy you can see that it's been influenced by certain things. Things I like in certain situations but they don't seem to fit as well here. Anyway, time to go off now and watch the 5th episode.

Guest The Ohtani of Time
Saw the 1st and 3rd episodes of the new series. The 1st one was fun and the 3rd wasn't bad or anything but with even fond memories "clouding my view" I can safely say that the series isn't up to the 80s in overall quality. Although it's still Astroboy you can see that it's been influenced by certain things. Things I like in certain situations but they don't seem to fit as well here. Anyway, time to go off now and watch the 5th episode.

I just saw a new episode the other day, Astro was trying to stop a train from exploding or crashing, it sucked.

Guest wildpegasus

I just saw a new episode the other day, Astro was trying to stop a train from exploding or crashing, it sucked.

Hey, you're back. Great to see ya. I h aven't seen the rescent TV train ep. I can't remember too well but didn't Astro use himself one time as a bridge for the traintracks in the 80s? I just can't see where you can go with wrong with trains. It's like a Wild Pegasus match. Always a sure bet.

Guest wildpegasus

Hey TOOT! I just watched an episode there from the 60s. I'm not sure what the title of it was but man oh man this one rocked and than some. Reccomended. I'll describe some of it here for you.

It starts off in the desert in the year 2000 (don't you just love that?) with the scientist Dr. Newton being held captive. The vehicle he's in gets knocked down along with him and the punch card he was carrying with him gets unknowingly replaced with another punch card. Dr. Newton who's free somehow (can't remember now; it's late) is all excited on what he can do with with this giant robot he has in his factory. Naturally, he puts the punch card into the robot expecting things to go well but of course everything's screws up because it's the wrong card. He's in denial for awhile because he doesn't know where he went wrong out but of course it doesn't take him, Dr. Elephant, rival scientist Dr. Gravitol and the workers in the factory to run for cover in a nearby mining facility. They go for cover but the bombs sent out by the factory wreck the place and force everyone to go further underground. The robot/computer than ups the ante and sends missiles to the mining facility. This causes damage but doesn't kill anyone. At least I don't think so. YOu can never tell with edited material. Astro manages to destroy some missiles with some clever flying techniques but it isn't enough. Eventually the robot computer gets to him and he's completely out of it laying in the desert. Good old Dr. Elephant in a nice touch of bravery here runs from the mining facility (as a missile is coming) over to Astro in the desert with a kit to get him back up and operational again. Falsely believing the danger was gone as there had been no missiles in quite awhile everybody is now out in the open. Seeing a "missile" coming they panic as they think they're dead but it just turns out to be a message from the computer. After the message is sent it forces everyone to regretfully make the decision the computer has to be taken out. Astro stands up for the computer who's seemingly taking a mind of its own saying that robots can't do bad things on their own. They only can if people do so or tell them to. Dr. Gravitol immediatly jumps on this saying that Astro's just saying that because he's a robot. Eventually the second message comes from the electronic brain warning of a nitroform bomb on its way. THis makes Dr. Gravitol crack and explain how he swithched the punch cards causing his punch card to be the one that's really controlling the electronic brain. Dr. Gravitol and Dr. Newton had been competing scientists but Newton was the one who won the right to go ahead with his scientific vision creating the robot/electronic brain.

It's late. I think might have the some of the order of events mixed but's that's the gist of it anyway. Give this episode a view!

Overall, just a great episode that was so fun to watch. We had a great story, innovative although frame limited action sequence, suspensful moments and interesting charactors.

Guest wildpegasus

Found this bit of news

Samurai Jack creator to helm feature.

June 03, 2004 - Variety reports that the long-in-development live-action feature film version of Osamu Tezuka's cartoon classic Astroboy is moving ahead at Columbia Pictures. Genndy Tartakovsky – whose credits include Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls – will write and direct for Don Murphy's Angry Films and Jim Henson Pictures.

As the trade reminds us, Astroboy "is a futuristic Pinocchio story about a scientist who builds a robot replacement for his dead son but then turns him out in the world when it becomes clear he's not human."

The pic, in-development since 1997, hit a roadblock in 2000 when the similarly-themed A.I. was produced.

"When this was stuck in the animation division, the film was going nowhere," said Murphy. "It's fantastic to have it back on track as a live-action film, which I always envisioned."

WP -- On one hand I'm interested now that it looks like Tartakovsky is going to have a hand in this but I'm scared of the live-action and I believe computer graphics bit. I'd really like an animated version. What does everybody out there think?

Guest wildpegasus
Live action?!

Totally lame. =/

Perhaps. Has there been an animated series yet that turned out to be its equal in a live action movie?

*remembers that I really liked the live action Guyer movie*

Live action?!

Totally lame. =/

Perhaps. Has there been an animated series yet that turned out to be its equal in a live action movie?

Strictly in movie form? None come to mind but the Tick animated and live action series were both good, but the animated series was definitely superior.

Complicating this is that we're talking about a Japanese anime series being translated into an American live action movie. That does not sound promising at all.

Plus, it isn't even like the rumored DBZ live action movie--really, the source material is so screwed up to begin with, that it isn't a big deal if the movie really sucks. An American director, cast, writer, etc. probably is going to be clueless about the source material and won't "get" a lot of the Japanese influence on it. We'll probably just get an action-packed revamp of A.I. =P

A live action Gunsmith Cats though would have a chance in hell of actually being decent. There are plenty of other very "Western" anime series that could conceivably done well. So the decision to do this one comes off as very odd to me.

Guest wildpegasus
Live action?!

Totally lame. =/

Strictly in movie form? None come to mind but the Tick animated and live action series were both good, but the animated series was definitely superior.

Complicating this is that we're talking about a Japanese anime series being translated into an American live action movie. That does not sound promising at all.

Plus, it isn't even like the rumored DBZ live action movie--really, the source material is so screwed up to begin with, that it isn't a big deal if the movie really sucks. An American director, cast, writer, etc. probably is going to be clueless about the source material and won't "get" a lot of the Japanese influence on it. We'll probably just get an action-packed revamp of A.I. =P

A live action Gunsmith Cats though would have a chance in hell of actually being decent. There are plenty of other very "Western" anime series that could conceivably done well. So the decision to do this one comes off as very odd to me.

I have faith in Genndy Tartakovsky because I love his work so much in Samurai Jack. He or somebody from that show knows a good deal about a lot of different stuff. Besides that I'm scared because that's only one person.

In case you didn't know there was actually a live action Dragonball movie (not Z) done in Japan quite a "long time" ago. It's called "Dragonball, The magic Begins" and there's a preview available at www.videodetective.com. I believe it's also listed on the internet movie database.

Gunsmith Cats would be interesting. I haven't actually seen it before but I got as much of a feel for it as you could possably get from watching some music videos, previews and such.

A question for all the smart marks out there. How many of you are going to go and out watch the movie? Show of hands please.

I have faith in Genndy Tartakovsky because I love his work so much in Samurai Jack. He or somebody from that show knows a good deal about a lot of different stuff. Besides that I'm scared because that's only one person.

Oh yeah--I didn't even realize Genndy was working on it. Obviously his work--Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls--are HEAVILY inspired by anime. They even did a Shonen Knife music video for PPG.

However, if that's the only guy, there's still cause for worry. Plus I haven't heard of him being involved in anything live action before.

In case you didn't know there was actually a live action Dragonball movie (not Z) done in Japan quite a "long time" ago. It's called "Dragonball, The magic Begins" and there's a preview available at www.videodetective.com. I believe it's also listed on the internet movie database.

Yeah, I've known about it for quite a while. It's unlicensed, BTW. It's also on badmovies.org. By all accounts, it sucks.

Gunsmith Cats would be interesting. I haven't actually seen it before but I got as much of a feel for it as you could possably get from watching some music videos, previews and such.

A question for all the smart marks out there. How many of you are going to go and out watch the movie? Show of hands please.

Gunsmith Cats is pretty good, and shouldn't be too hard to translate to an American movie without sacrifices. It even takes place in Chicago and seems to mimic an American TV show quite well.

My decision to see a movie is usually based on checking out various reviews. I'll see a high-quality or gloriously bad movie if it interests me (I'll be seeing CINO, aka Catwoman In Name Only, for instance), just not a boring piece of tripe. So yeah, I'll probably see it, but I want it to actually be good.

Guest wildpegasus

Oh yeah--I didn't even realize Genndy was working on it. Obviously his work--Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls--are HEAVILY inspired by anime. They even did a Shonen Knife music video for PPG.

However, if that's the only guy, there's still cause for worry. Plus I haven't heard of him being involved in anything live action before.

Yeah, I've known about it for quite a while. It's unlicensed, BTW. It's also on badmovies.org. By all accounts, it sucks.

Gunsmith Cats is pretty good, and shouldn't be too hard to translate to an American movie without sacrifices. It even takes place in Chicago and seems to mimic an American TV show quite well.

My decision to see a movie is usually based on checking out various reviews. I'll see a high-quality or gloriously bad movie if it interests me (I'll be seeing CINO, aka Catwoman In Name Only, for instance), just not a boring piece of tripe. So yeah, I'll probably see it, but I want it to actually be good.

I would love to see Tartakovsky do an anime style Astroboy movie. If he was given that project logic would dictate that he'd probably have a little more influence on it. I agree that he's only one man but when the movie does come out it'll be interesting to see where/how much his touches and influence are at.

About the Dragonball movie. This sounds like a "B" movie and a good "B" movie at that and I never like to turn down a good "B" movie especially when it sticks out from everything else out there. When this was made you'd know they'd have a hard time doing the special effects/costumes that are necessary. Kind of an impossable project to do so I don't blame this movie for coming out "B" style if that is indeed the case. I did notice that Master Roshi looked the same as he did in real life as he does in the anime series.

Even I can not see the Catwoman movie. The suit that Berry wears is just a suit that tries too hard to be sexy and as a result comes off as the opposite. Just use the suit Julie Newmar used to wear in the Batman Tv show. Don't mess with perfection because you can never top it.

Yeah, I hear Gunsmith Cats was done in Chigago. I really like City Hunter. Are there any similarities between that and Gunsmith Cats?

I just realised that LOTR was done in animated form years ago if memory serves me correct. This could possably be an animated series that was done better in live action than in animated form. Of the course the written material came first but still if anybody has seen both series can you comment on this?

Guest wildpegasus

I was talking to my best friend lately and he said that the LOTR live action movie was better than the animated show although he only faintly remembers the animation show. Kind of a no brainer since LOTR had so much money and people working on it but still it's a series that's better.

I was just thinking about startings to animation shows and what really stood out. These are some of my favourites in no real order:

Astroboy 1980s

Tiger Mask 1969-1971

He-Man from the 1980s

Evangelion

Gundam Wing -- The last one they showed on TV Endless Waltz?

Thundercats

Batman TAS

Dragonball Z - Japanese starting

Cowboy Bebop

Spiderman 1960s

X-Men 90s

Show I won't admit to watching right now

Really, there are probably more too that I'm forgetting. That's actually quite a lot but the one thing I notice that I favour are shows that have a good starting song. It's hard to be fair making a list like this because if you like a show it's obviously going to taint your feelings into liking a show's starting better than another show's starting which just might be better. Still, Gundam Wing isn't up there for my favourite show ever but to deny the beauty of that starting is just wrong. An awesome song with visuals that just fit into the show so perfectly. Evangelion, Tiger Mask, Astroboy and Cowboy Bebop all have great songs that fit into the show. (Bebop I haven't watched too much of)

Astroboy's starting is a great one. The song remains mostly true to the Japanese version (I think, I still have to get my loant eps back) in both the message which is important to the show and the actual tune of the song itself. It's catchy, memorable and something that sticks with you. The visual part of the starting works too. Overviewing the city from a sort of 3rd person perspective while Astro is flying is just plain cool and a unique look that sets it apart from other shows. Than you get to see him fighting against various monstors which is a nice way to show off his powers to get people into the show. But still Astro's heart is not into fighting first and foremost and at the end we see Astro being a hero and rescuing pink alien babies. Overall the starting a great job in showing what the show is about and at the same time we see that it's very distinct because of the sitautions and surroundings Astroboy finds himself in.

The one starting that doesn't have a song in which I thought had a great opening is the He-Man series. They also do a great job of explaining what the show is about and creating a starting that makes you want to tune in to see what it's all about. Things in here like He-Man punching the televison screen to produce Lou Shneider's name and Skeletor's laugh are classic.

Guest wildpegasus

Here's some more cool interesting Astroboy news. Ohtani of time, you'll like this. Star Wars fans too.

http://www.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/spew4th.pl?...r=2004&public=1

Carnegie Mellon University Announces 2004 Inductees Into Robot Hall of Fame

PITTSBURGH, June 17 (AScribe Newswire) -- Five robots will be inducted into Carnegie Mellon University's Robot Hall of Fame in a ceremony to be held on October 11, 2004, at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh.

ASIMO, the world's most advanced humanoid robot, and Shakey the Robot, the first mobile robot able to reason about its actions, will be honored for their scientific achievements. Astroboy, C3PO and Robby the Robot will be honored for their fictional characters and their real inspiration. The robots were selected by a jury that includes leaders in technology-related fields.

"The jury discussed this year's candidates at length and has made some excellent choices," said Professor of Computer Science James H. Morris, former dean of Carnegie Mellon's School of Computer Science and founder of the Robot Hall of Fame. "I'm happy to see some older, historically important robots like Shakey and Robby joining the newer ones like ASIMO and C3PO."

ASIMO, developed by Honda Motor Co. Ltd., drew juror support as one of the most successful humanoid robots ever created.

"When we look back, the Honda P2 Robot, from which ASIMO was developed, is THE one which ignited the current fever of humanoid and entertainment robots," said Takeo Kanade, UA and Helen Whitaker University Professor of Computer Science and Robotics at Carnegie Mellon and juror for the 2004 induction.

Morris supported ASIMO because, "it was the first to demonstrate real human-like walking along with vision."

He noted that a key purpose of the Robot Hall of Fame is to acknowledge the work of the early pioneers in robotics so that it will not be forgotten.

"I feel that the Robot Hall of Fame should give credit to the early scientific and engineering accomplishments, which set foundations for further work in the robotic field," said juror Ruzena Bacjsy, director, CITRIS, University of California, Berkeley.

Shakey the Robot was created in 1969. Juror Illah Nourbakhsh, robotics group lead at NASA/Ames Research Center and associate professor of robotics at Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute, called it "an earth-shaking early robot."

"Shakey already sported a full planning system, a wireless video system and visual interpretation of its scene, visual obstacle avoidance and the ability to manipulate the world via pushing. It even had a multi-level, tiered-control architecture very similar to what many have settled upon today. In other words, it was way ahead of its time and set a standard for a great many years," Nourbakhsh explained.

The Robot Hall of Fame honors robots from science fiction as well as science. "It should not exist merely to honor early technology development," said Steve Wozniak, CEO, Wheels of Zeus, and co-founder, Apple, Inc. "It should also reward early inspirations that help robots make it among us. Science fiction robots are included and honor this achievement."

The Japanese Astroboy (also known in the early years as Atom Boy) received well-deserved juror support. Astroboy, the animation of a robot with a soul, was created by Osamu Tezuka in 1951.

"Astroboy should be inducted because of its extraordinary impact on Japanese culture, including on the socialization of generations to a future in which robotics are a part of everyday life," said juror Sherry Turkle, director of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Initiative on Technology and Self. "Through the filter of both Japanese culture and industrial production, Astroboy has come to have a global reach."

C3PO will join his beloved colleague R2-D2, included in last year's charter class of inductees into the Robot Hall of Fame. The cheerful and well-intentioned robot is primarily known for his innocent bumbling and his incessant chatter.

"Along with R2-D2, C3PO is one of the most memorable characters from the Star Wars series," Morris said. "He demonstrates many appealing human traits. And, he received the most nominations from the public on the Robot Hall of Fame Web site. As jurors, we felt we needed to acknowledge that popular support."

Robby the Robot also received significant support on the Hall of Fame Web site.

Joanna Haas, director of the Carnegie Science Center, which is home to the Robot Hall of Fame, explained that this robot, from MGM's "Forbidden Planet," became the iconic image of all science-fiction robots of the classic 1950s films and beyond. "It was the first robot with a 'personality' conveyed through motion and timing," Haas said.

For their amazing inspiration and accomplishments, as well as the reasons stated above by the Hall of Fame jurors, these five robots will be honored on October 11, 2004, with induction into the Robot Hall of Fame.

For more information on the Robot Hall of Fame and a list of the 2003 inductees, see http://www.robothalloffame.org.

CONTACT: CMU Media Relations -- Anne Watzman, 412-268-3830 or Gretchen Underwood, 412-268-2900

WP -- Now we all have to start a petition to get Atlas in there. Anyone with me?

Guest wildpegasus

I heard some pretty cool Astroboy news just the other day. Apparantly and I'm not sure of the date and if this has actually been done or not yet but they've made or are making a 1.9 metre high statue of Astroboy in the town square of Ashfield England! The reasoning behind it is that Astroboy represents thumbs up moral qualities and is a thumbs up role model for the children. How cool is that? There was a year long court battle over "visual conflict" issues but it looks like the good guys won in the end which is kind of weird since in Astro we know that the good guys winning is never a sure thing.

*WP who's thinking really hard about petitioning to have gold Benoit and Astroboy statues replace the Statue of Liberty which is really passe now anyway. Maybe a Jushin Lyger and Mary Jane Watson statue while I'm at it too.

Guest wildpegasus
Here are some Astroboy video game trailers for anyone who wants to check them out:

Scroll down this list here and you should find them. Enjoy!

http://www.gametrailers.com/vault-a3.html

I'm excited about both. The PS2 game is supposedly somewhat in the vein of NiGHTs, and Treasure is doing the GBA game.

I've heard about NIGHTS before but I've never played it. Is it any good? I think it's a little different than the normal game if I remember right.

Treasuer if they're still the same company as they were before has put out some good stuff so that should spell good things for the GBA game.

Guest wildpegasus

Never know what you find when you look for Astroboy

http://photos.imageevent.com/astroboy/insp...ge/88FB4850.JPG

Explanaition of Astroboy's Powers

http://www.hammersuit.com/jb/astroboy/astroboy1.html

http://astroboy.8m.com/stuffhtm.htm

Just some pics of Astroboy

http://www.cartoonshop.velocall.com/pd1069042302.htm

A couple of Astroboy shirts -- No idea about the company -- just posting the link

Guest Ray

Dark storytelling? Violence? Kurosawa tributes?!

I've never seen this but it certianly looks interesting. Perhaps I can find it online somewhere... :)

I always wanted to get into more animation, but my eternal laziness prevents it. ;)

Guest wildpegasus
Dark storytelling? Violence? Kurosawa tributes?!

I've never seen this but it certianly looks interesting. Perhaps I can find it online somewhere... :)

I always wanted to get into more animation, but my eternal laziness prevents it. ;)

Here's a link that should help you out.

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/inde...act=ST&f=1&t=79

You're more computer savy than I am so you shouldn't have too much troubles. I've never watched anything from there before but the one reccomendation I have is if possable to watch the show in Japanese and preferably in order for at least the first couple of episodes. Yeah, some people are probably sick of hearing stuff like that but the truth is what the truth is. The English dub is annoying and an American dub I heard rescently definitely from memory seemed to be below the Canadian version that I remember from my youth.

I'm not sure if it's laziness or now that I'm getting a little older and I have the "I've been there, done that - nothing's new anymore syndrome" but I should be checking out more stuff too. Currently I'm into the extreamly rare Tiger Mask series which is a must see for wrestling fans. The Snake Pit, New Japan Dojo, All Japan Women training and the Gaea training seen in Gaea Girls have nothing and I mean nothing on the Tiger Cave which is actually the true orgin of Black Tiger! I have all new respect for Eddie Guerrero.

Guest Ray

I'm actually trying to download Astroboy Episode 1: The Birth of Astroboy at the moment. :)

Guest wildpegasus
I'm actually trying to download Astroboy Episode 1: The Birth of Astroboy at the moment. :)

Cool. I believe both of the 60s and 80s series first episode is named "The Birth of Astroboy". The 2000 series also starts off showing Astro being born but it never really did anything for me. The 60s and 80s were great however. 60s is only available dubbed in English and the 80s both have an English dub available and a Japanese version. The Japanese version shows more footage for the first few eps which is important because the first few episodes are essential pieces to the Astroboy universe.

If the download works feel free to say what you thought.

Guest Ray

Well I got the download completed and watched the show, and I actually liked it quite a bit. Sad and very poignant at times, which I liked (especially how the guy's son dies and he decides to try to replace him with the robot he was told to stop building). It had such a nice human quality to it.

This was in English, and the date said 1982. Good show. I think I might see if I can find more online.

Having lots of free time to download stuff is good. :)