TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

Major Announcement & Schedule

Well, it's finally happened, and I'm sure some of you may have seen it coming. For a number of reasons, the SJL will be consolidated with the SWF effective February 1st with the Clusterfuck PPV. While the Smarks Junior League and its rich four-year history will be missed, we simply do not have the broad talent pool that we used to have in order to keep the league going. However, many of you have been waiting for a long time to compete on the SWF's level and now you'll all be getting that chance.

By the way, if you're holding a title in the JL or were hoping to in the next couple of weeks, there's still incentive to earn those titles. Here's a brief outline of how events will play out over the next few weeks. We will continue running SJL shows for the remainder of the month. At some point during this month, there will be a unification match pitting the European champion against the World champion. (Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about current #1 contenderships.) The winner of that match will be the SJL Unified World champion. Whoever holds the World title going into Clusterfuck will receive a match at the PPV against the SWF's United States champion. This will be another unification match, with the winner holding the United States title. The rest of you will more than likely be entered into the Clusterfuck battle royal itself, with no less than a shot at the SWF World Championship on the line.

Here's a look at the remainder of the SJL's schedule and the date for Clusterfuck. Time to start your planning your SWF storylines!

Sunday, January 18th: SJL Wrath (booker: LDP, poster: Thoth)

Thursday, January 22nd: SJL Crimson (booker: Thoth, poster: Tom)

Monday, January 26th: SJL Metal (booker: LDP, poster: LDP)

Sunday, February 1st: SWF Clusterfuck (booker: King, poster: King)

This is obviously a pretty big deal. Questions and/or comments, of course, are welcome.

Guest ToddRoyal

Holy crap.

Not that I wasn't 98% sure this was happening anyway, but still.

Hopefully we can put on a hell of a show on the 26th to send the JL out with a bang. It'll be interesting to see how we fit into storylines up there, and hopefully no one gets lost in the confusion. Good luck to everyone moving over, and hopefully we can make the last SJL graduating class the most memorable.

(And HEY...Spike finally gets bumped!! Yay for Hollywood.)

Guest Aecas

I agree with Tood, with a bit of luck we'll be able to put on a good show on the 26th to make the SJL go out with a bang before the Clusterfuck.

What can I say? Sad for the SJL, but I expected it to be an option recently...and, I think it's the right decision. Whatever as far as I'm concerned, I'm here to write the best matches I can. But getting to the WF is cool with me. Hopefully I and the other guys I know who are committed 100% to this place can go into the WF and compete well.

Hopefully this will inspire guys like Liston, Cross and Spike to start showing more regularly...and us all into some more promos. :D

Guest Suicide King

I look forward to seeing what you lot can provide. I think your youthful energy and wide-eyed innocence that has yet to be crushed by me could be quite invigorating.

Guest ToddRoyal

Haha. I'd actually love to try the tag scene, even though we'd be thrown right in the middle of a bunch of AMAZING teams. It would certainly help me to improve writing tag matches though, which I could always use. Either way, I think we'll all do well in the big leauges....after the required ass kicking from the resident talent. Of course.

A pity it had to happen, but the talent pool has gone down and stuff like that. Good luck to all the JLers when they join us at the Clusterfuck. I hope to see all your asses in the ring so I can promptly throw them out. :P

And Todd? The Trinity will be waiting for your tag team... ;)

I think we'll all do well in the big leauges....after the required ass kicking from the resident talent. Of course.

I can pencil you in some time in February.

Spike's going to have to wait till April or so.

Guest ToddRoyal

Oh, I'm sure Janus and co. will tear Me, Landon, and all the non-House of Todd JL'rs a few new scars.

And I'm sure Tom will stretch us a few inches taller.

Sign me up.

Wow... Tez bumpage I was looking for... ...sort of... and not even a mercy bump either... ...in a way... rawk.

sad to see the JL leave us... it's been a good friend to all of us... memories will be kept dear though. Look forward to quashing some and getting quashed by others. :headbang:

Guest Goodear

I timed my restart PERFECTLY... now I can whale on people with a 1/8th of my experience ... except Spike... and have a killer undefeated streak.

FEAR THE SPINNING TOE HOLD!

I timed my restart PERFECTLY... now I can whale on people with a 1/8th of my experience ... except Spike... and have a killer undefeated streak.

FEAR THE SPINNING TOE HOLD!

You're kidding, right? You're going to come back as a wrestler who's even more boring than Ejiro?

;)

Talent pool's low? Hell, just put my name into the jobber pool and roid up everybody's winning percentages.

Sign in to follow this