TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

SJL Wrath

*BOOM!

*BOOM!

*BOOM!

A flurry of pyro explodes, as SJL Wrath comes on the air. Immediately, "Back on Earth" by Ozzy Osbourne cues up, its creepy opening a backdrop to the screaming crowd prepared for Wrath.

"(Judge) Welcome to SJL Wrath, live from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim. I'm 'The Judge' William Hearford, alongside Annie Eclectic and Ejiro Fasaki. As you can see, we're about to get things started right away with David Cross versus the returning Manson…"

David Cross emerges and walks down to the ring focused, stern look on his face and all, as more pyro sets off behind him and he slaps the outstretched hands of fans along the way.

"(Funyon) Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest is a singles match, scheduled for one-fall! Introducing first, hailing from Oil City, Pennsylvania! Standing six feet five, and weighing two-hundred and sixty-five pounds! DAAAAVID CROSS!"

Cross slides into the ring, and staring at the fans cheering for him, makes his way across the ring to his corner. He removes his leather jacket and cross necklace, setting them aside before a ring attendant takes them. He paces impatiently, as the arena goes dark and strobes flash, and the rock classic "Frankenstein" by the Edgar Winter Group starts up. Manson emerges moments later, to the chorus of jeers from the capacity crowd.

"(Funyon) And his opponent, hailing from Denver, Colorado! Standing six feet even, and weighing two-hundred and thirty-five pounds! MAAAANSSOOONNN!"

At the call of his name, Manson throws up a fist in the air, to the continued booing of the fans. With a smirk on his face, he starts down the ramp. Rolling into the ring, he pops up, and stares across the ring at Cross, who does the same. Funyon escapes the ring, as referee Matthew Kivell calls for the bell.

*DING DING!

"(Judge) We're now set for David Cross versus Manson, who returned a couple shows ago with many strong words for the fans and wrestlers alike."

"(Ejiro) It's the kind of attitude you need to have in order to make it. Manson said he once lost sight of that, but no longer, as evidenced by his return. I commend him for it."

"(Annie) In retrospect, based on my experiences with him while in the JL, I doubt the do-gooder we saw previous to his return was truly him. A shame the fans got suckered into believing it."

Manson walks out to the center of the ring, talking trash to Cross along the way. Cross, visibly flustered, charges and goes for a collar elbow tie-up, backing Manson into his own corner. Kivell forces Cross to break, and he does so, but Manson balls his right hand and swings, catching Cross with a right hook to the face. Cross stumbles back, and Manson presses the attack, with more punches to the face. Cross finally blocks one and is able to push Manson away. He ducks in to grab Manson's legs, taking him down. Manson gets back up to his feet, and Cross goes behind Manson, clinching in a waistlock. Manson searches for a way out, first reaching down for a leg, then resorting to a pair of back elbows which knocks Cross off him.

"(Judge) Manson easily establishing his brawling approach in this sequence, but he was easily out quicked by Cross, if only for a moment."

"(Ejiro) That's what amateur training will do for you, which is one of the advantages Cross has in this match."

"(Annie) A compliment for Cross? Are you mad?"

"(Ejiro) Not very. Although Manson has been known to keep up in that department, it's a fact that Cross is more experienced in the amateur realm. Perhaps if Manson still had his old quickness instead of his new found bulk, he'd find a way to dodge and counter, not allowing Cross to even get his hands on him. If Cross can keep this up, there's a slight chance he can give Manson a run, that much I'll admit."

Cross goes down to a knee, his back to Manson. Sensing opportunity, Manson rushes in with a knee to the back of the head, sending Cross to the ground. Manson goes into the cover, but Cross immediately kicks out, before Kivell has a chance to count. With Cross clutching the back of his head, Manson takes his arm and sends him into the east side ropes. Cross springs off and Manson waits in the center of the ring. With Cross now closing in on him, Manson braces himself and lifts Cross by his legs, further spinning one-hundred and eighty degrees, before slamming him down with a hard spinebuster! The impact shakes the ring, and Manson goes straight into the cover.

"(Ejiro) Picture perfect spinebuster by Manson!"

"(Judge) Here's the cover…":

"ONE!"

"(Judge) But he can only get a one count out of it!"

"(Annie) Of course. Cross won't be put away by a measly spinebuster."

"(Ejiro) Cross should consider himself so lucky. He gets to be in the ring a few more minutes with Manson."

Manson shoots up from the mat, and takes a moment to hurl a wad of spit to the side, before he goes on the attack again, by repeatedly stomping on the chest of Cross. Cross attempts to avoid the brunt of the assault by rolling away, and to slight jeers from the crowd, Manson comes down with one last stomp and mouths off to the fans. Cross finally rolls away, out of the ring under the south side ropes. Manson attempts to follow, but Kivell holds him back and soon turns his attention again to the outside, in order to count. Manson, however, rolls out of the opposite side of the ring, and circles around to Cross, to the surprise of Kivell. Manson attempts a punch, but Cross catches Manson with a kick to the stomach. Cross attempts to get back in the ring, and his foot is held by Manson, but Cross kicks Manson off!

"(Annie) Go Cross! This could be his big chance to get an advantage."

Cross gets to a vertical base, as Manson slides into the ring, or at least pretends to, as he trips Cross up. Manson finally does slide in, to the boos of the fans, as he lifts Cross up.  Manson takes the arm of Cross and sends him to the north side ropes, and once again waits in the center of the ring as Cross comes back. Manson throws his right arm out to the side, going for a rising clothesline, but that's ducked by Cross. Cross bounces off the south side ropes, and as Manson turns around, he takes Manson down with a spear to a very loud reaction!

"(Ejiro) NO!"

Manson is slow to get up off the mat, grabbing his gut as he does so. As soon as Manson is up, Cross is there to greet him with a waistlock. Cross lifts the smaller Manson up, an easy task for him, and turns ninety degrees, planting Manson with a belly to belly suplex. He covers, and Kivell dives to count.

"(Judge) Belly to belly suplex!"

"ONE!"

"(Judge) And he ONLY gets a one, as Manson kicks out!"

"(Ejiro) No surprise there. Manson has been shown to go the distance before; he won't be going out this early to a move like that."

Cross, frustrated, takes Manson by the back of his head and fires off a couple punches, before bringing him back up to his feet. Manson cuts him off with a stiff right elbow to the stomach. Manson then gets up on his own, to rear his right arm back and deliver a knifedge chop, to the "WOOOO!" of the fans. Before Cross can recover, Manson strips off his right elbow pad and tosses it to the side, following that up with a sharp back elbow to the face. Cross stumbles back, with only the west side ropes to catch him. Manson pursues, raising his leg and hitting a knee to the gut. Cross lurches forward, and Manson raises both his hands up, wrapping them around the throat of Cross and choking him. Cross gasps for air, and Kivell forces Manson to break and back away.

"(Ejiro) There's the greco-roman choke! Some fine form there."

"(Judge) He must've been watching our matches."

"(Annie) As if chokes weren't utilized before Justice and Rule…"

Manson brushes Kivell away, and closes in on Cross who's still up against the ropes. Going behind him, Manson wraps an arm around Cross' waist, grabs hold of a leg and lifts him up, dropping him back down across the ropes neck first with a belly to back suplex to the awe of the crowd! Cross bounces off the rope, holding onto his neck, to the center of the ring, where Manson crawls in quickly to cover.

"ONE!"

"TWO!!"

"(Judge) And Cross gets the shoulder up, after the belly to back into the top rope by Manson!"

"(Ejiro) Innovative maneuver there, as Manson focuses in on the neck, by combining the belly to back with a hot shot of sorts."

"(Annie) I'll say. That time Cross really was lucky to find the gumption in order to get his shoulder up."

Manson gets off the mat, and stands over Cross, begging him to get up. Cross does, and Manson nonchalantly takes him by his hair, leading to Cross getting a kick to the gut! Manson goes to grab Cross again, but Cross gets a knee to the stomach in this time, knocking Manson off once again. With Manson out, Cross seizes his opportunity, by firing a crescent kick at Manson, which connects! Manson goes down, as the fans begin rallying Cross!

"(Ejiro) Why can't he just stay down!"

Cross grabs his neck, trying to loosen it up, as Manson gets to his feet once more. Calling for the end, Cross gives Manson another kick, but Manson slaps the boot away with his hand! The fans quiet down a bit, as Manson ducks under the right arm of Cross, and wraps his right arm around the chest. Sensing either the well-known STO or uranage suplex, Cross gets a knee up to the stomach of Manson, forcing him to release the hold. Sensing new life, Cross takes the arm of Manson, and sends him into the south side ropes, while he takes a few steps back. As Manson bounces off the ropes, Cross runs as quick as he can, getting up his foot for a yakuza kick, but Manson ducks under the leg! Manson plants his foot and turns. Cross attempts to do so a moment later, but it's too late for Cross as Manson charges at Cross from behind, grabbing his head as he runs by, taking him down with the Diamond Cutter!

"(Judge) CONSEQUENCES!"

"(Annie) Oh no…"

Manson goes into the cover, and the fans immediately begin voicing their disapproval.

"ONE!"

"TWO!!"

"THREE!!!"

*DING DING!

"(Ejiro) It's over!!"

Matthew Kivell calls for the bell, as "Frankenstein" hits.

"(Judge) There we have it! A dominating win by Manson, as he comes back in fine form, finishing things off with the Consequences! We'll be back, with Spike Jenkins versus Todd Royal!"

Manson stands, raising his fists in the air, as Wrath goes to commercial.

Edited by Thoth

The scene comes back from a commercial break, and arrives backstage in front of the interview area. The SJL's trusty backstage reporter Ben Hardy is stood with a microphone in hand, as after a few moments, to his left Megan Skye and the SJL's European Champion Landon Maddix step into view...Maddix holding the European Title over his right shoulder, and sporting a fresh set of stitches on his forehead. In the arena, the crowd watching on the SmarkTron boo their disapproval at the mere presence of the Champion, as he seems to hear the boos and looks around irritably.

Hardy- At this time I am joined by...well, the SJL European Champion. And Megan Skye, which is a bit of a surprise...

Maddix- No need to be surprised Benny boy. See, it's all another part of the ever gradual union of the House of Todd.

Ben stares blankly at Landon, as he sighs.

Maddix- Megan...is my...manager. Me and Todd are both on the same page, so it only makes sense that Megan and I are on the same page as well. But look, we're not here to talk about the...

Landon smiles over at Megan.

Maddix- Lovely...Toddess. We're of course here to talk about me, Landon Maddix.

Hardy- Err...yes, yes we are. Just moments away we will see your first title defense as European Champion, a...

Maddix- Correction! First title defense...of my second reign. Carry on...

Hardy stammers as Maddix stands looking straight at him, his impatience making Ben stammer even more.

Hardy- Sorry. Landon...your first title defense...of your second reign. The rightful number one contender Jimmy 'The Demon' Liston is your opponent, but I'm sure you have other things on your mind...one of those being Alan Clar...

Maddix- Alan Clark, Alan Clark. Why, pray tell Ben, should I have Dumbo on my mind? Would it be because in a few short weeks, I'm going to take his SJL World Title, become the Undisputed Champion of the SJL...and then, move my career on while Al sits watching old Disney movies and wondering where his life has gone. Is that why he should be on my mind. Maybe he should be on my mind because he’s a sad, pathetic loser, who isn’t even good enough for a joke company like Walt Disney to sponsor. Forget Disney, I’ve got so many REAL companies fighting for my signature, it’s crazy. Yet, Alan can’t even hold down the, pardon the pun, Mickey Mouse company. Or, maybe you think he should be on my mind after what I did to him to take back my title. Maybe you think I regret nearly half blinding Clark? Well, I don't. I did what I did to get back MY title, the title that Dumbo took away from me months ago. And I don't regret a moment of it. I also did what I did because Alan Clark stole Todd Royal's title. The man who gave me a new lease of life. The man who finally made me sit up and realise that pandering to these ungrateful hicks in the crowd...

The crowd boo before Maddix gets a chance to finish his sentence. Hearing them, he stops for a moment...waiting until they die down before continuing.

Maddix- ...was a damn waste of time. Alan Clark needs to realise, that when you mess with Todd...you mess with me too. Alan however...can wait. Tonight I have to defend my title against Jimmy Liston. 'The Demon'. What is it with this company. If I'm not up against goofballs like Dumbo and Spike Jenkins...I'm facing 'Demons', 'Black Angels', Physchopaths...why can't there be at least one normal human in this place? I suppose, thinking about it, Jimmy is expecting people to be intimidated. The Demon. Demons are intimidating. Demons are evil. Demons...

Maddix sniggers to himself, before adjusting the belt hanging over his right shoulder.

Maddix- ...Demons are not real. Let's face it Benjamin, we know exactly why he's called 'The Demon'. False hopes of intimidating people. Otherwise, he doesn't stand a chance in hell. At least Aecas is physically intimidating. Sure, he loses to me and of course last week to Todd. But...he's tall. That counts for something right? And at least Jacob Helmsley is a little off the wall. I mean, yes...I did destroy him last week. Yes, I did put his physchopathic ass through a table last week. But still...he's weird. That counts for something...right? What does Little Jimmy have that could possibly intimidate me. Me, of all people. The man who has won his last seven matches. The European Champion. The man who last week got busted WIDE open with an illegal weapon...

Maddix points to the bandage on his head under which his stitches lie.

Maddix- ...and needed 6 stitches to close the wound. But despite all that, still beat Jacob Helmsley. The man with the...lucky charm.

Landon smiles at Megan, who nods. Landon then turns back to Ben and mumbles under his voice to him...

Maddix- Or should that be...charms...

...before smiling again at Megan.

Maddix- Look at me. I'm the SJL European Champion...the number one contender to, and future holder of, the SJL World Heavyweight Championship. In the best physical condition of my life. Unbeaten in seven matches. The Disciple of the greatest SJL Champion ever Todd Royal. What exactly Ben does Little Jimmy have that could even REMOTELY concern me?

Hardy- Well, I wouldn't take Liston lightly Landon if I were you.

Maddix- Benjamin...when you're me...you can take EVERYONE lightly, and still be the best in this business. Face facts Benny boy...I've beaten all there is to beat in the SJL. Aecas...'All Man But The Mice'...Manson...Spike...Helmsley...Korgath...even my good buddy Todd. And tonight, I add Jimmy Liston to that list. Do you really expect Jimmy Liston to beat me...for this title, my title, no less. Do you?

Ben shrugs, trying not to take anyone's side, as Landon just sighs.

Maddix- Ben. I know you have to stay impartial...but still. Does Jimmy stand a chance tonight?

Hardy- I'd say yes, he doe...

Maddix- You'd be wrong then.

Ben stops in his tracks, as Maddix angrily grabs the microphone from out of Hardy's hand and shoves him away. Looking into the camera, Maddix looks more intense than usual as he holds the microphone to his mouth.

Maddix- See Jimmy...you're nothing. A nobody. I'm Landon Maddix. The Disciple of Todd. Last week I destroyed Jacob Helmsley, and left him laying in a heap of wood and splinters...I nearly concussed the crazy idiot to boot. Before that, I damn near blinded Alan Clark in one eye. I'm defending MY European Championship for the first time since Alan stole it from me. Since then nobody...but NOBODY has beaten me. What makes you think, with all that in mind, that you stand any chance in hell of defeating me? Tonight...just like Todd is going to make Spike tap, tap, tap his little ass off...tonight Jimmy, I'm going to beat you and beat you convincingly. And then...Alan...the time is drawing ever nearer. The only belt I haven't held in the SJL is sitting over your shoulder...and with just weeks left, I am going to make DAMN sure I make Todd proud...and take your other title. You just bear that in mind until I finally get you back in that ring, and take what's left of your vision away from you. Jimmy...right now, screw One Eyed Alan…I'm comin' for you. So...

Maddix adjusts his belt again, checking it's comfortably over his shoulder before turning back to the camera with a smile.

Maddix- Prepare for Landon! Come on Megan...

Landon storms off out of the camera's view, as Megan follows on close behind...Ben watching them leave as he picks himself up from his knees, brushing himself off as he does so, as we go back to ringside.

As we return to the Pond in Anaheim, California, SJL camera’s pan across the stands, showing thousands of excited SJL fans. Though a slightly younger crowd than normal, due to comp tickets from the last SWF/Disney cross-over promotion, the audience is as rabid as ever. Holding up signs for their favorite stars, the fans provide a backdrop for the voice of the JL commentators.

Annie: Welcome back to Wrath! We’re live from just outside Hollywood, California…

Judge: And coming up next, “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins collides with Todd Royal!

Ejiro: Plus, the only enlightened man on the SJL roster, the disciple of Todd, Landon Maddix defends the European Title against Jimmy Liston.

As the crowd settles back into their seats, the camera pans back towards the ring, where Funyon is stepping through the ropes- microphone in hand. Raising the mic to his mouth, the booming voice of wrestling hit’s the PA system.

Funyon: Ladies and gentlemen…the following contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 30 minute time limit…your referee for this bout…Anthony Michael Hall.

As a portion of the crowd boos the official out of spite, the lights in the Pond dim. The crowd erupts as a series of blue lights flash in every corner of the arena, and Hotwire’s “Not Today” blasts across the speakers. As the curtain parts, and Spike Jenkins steps on stage, the noise level rises. White pyrotechnics explode on both sides of Jenkins as he hops around, a silhouette in the blinding explosions.

Funyon: Announcing first…from Hollywood, California…weighing in at two hundred and twenty five pounds…“HOLLYWOOD“…SPIKE JENKINS!!

The hometown crowd roars as Jenkins steps from inside the wall of pyro and starts down the aisle. His face is hooded, but a small smirk can be seen underneath the flap of cloth. Slapping hands with the fans along the aisle, Jenkins rushes toward the center of the arena, leaping up onto the ring apron. Stepping between the ropes, and into the ring, Spike whips off his hood, spinning around and basking in the cheers.

Ejiro: Look at that idiot, a smile on his face like he doesn’t know what’s about to happen to him! Last week, he got destroyed by our Todd and Savior after a tag team match, and he just shrugs is off like he has a chance here. Well as much as Spike’s hurting on the inside from the betrayal, he’ll be aching on the outside in a few minutes.

Annie: Spike is always ready for his matches, the good ones always leave their last match in the past.

Judge: It was that last match, a tag team bout against Jacob Helmsley and Sean Casey, that Todd Royal turned on Spike, Pearl Harboring him after Jenkins and Royal picked up the victory. Any semblance of friendship or trust is out the window now, and Spike WILL be looking for revenge.

Suddenly, the lights in the arena are cut off completely, dropping the Pond into pitch blackness. The fans begin to quietly boo, as the growing din of a gospel choir builds at the entrance way. As candles flicker on, and a fully-robed choir sings a praise chorus, a spotlight snaps on in the rafters, illuminating a stained glass portrait of Todd Royal.

Funyon: And his opponent…accompanied to the ring by Megan Skye, and weighing in at two hundred and twenty pounds…from San Diego, California…TODD ROYAL!!!

The booing intensifies, overcoming the choir, as strobe lights flash on across the arena. AC/DC’s “Shoot to Thrill” blares across the PA system as the curtain parts, and Megan Skye steps through. Dressed in sliver spandex pants and a blue halter-top, Megan flashes a grin as she pulls back the curtain, revealing Todd Royal. Royal scowls as he steps into the arena, tossing off his sunglasses and marching toward the ring. As he steps between the ropes, the music fades, leaving only the sound of boos.

Judge: And speaking of revenge, that has to be the foremost topic in Todd Royal’s mind. It was just over a month ago, that Spike Jenkins pulled the upset, making Royal submit in a brutal no-holds-barred match. Todd has vowed to get back his win, and to do it with his bare hands.

Annie: Royal already blindsided and beat up Jenkins, humiliating him after that tag match. You’d think that would be enough for him!

Ejiro: Not even close. Royal will only be happy when Spike is beaten, bloody and unable to walk home. No one disrespects our Lord Todd, and Spike Jenkins is going to learn that lesson the hard way tonight.

In the ring, referee Anthony Michael Hall brings the competitors into the middle of the ring to explain the rules of the match. As he turns to Jenkins to check for foreign objects, Spike removes his jacket, tossing it into the face of his opponent. Royal just smirks as the crowd pops, and when Hall turns to check him, Todd hands him a towel to clean his hands.

Annie: That’s ridiculous. Royal needs a reality check, and to stop acting like the world revolves around him.

Ejiro: You need the reality check, Annie. Todd’s just tired of people disrespecting him. Spike already threw his jacket at him, Royal’s not going to allow Hall to soil his tights with those hands. Who knows where they’ve been?

Hall reluctantly wipes his hands and checks over Royal, before turning and signaling for the bell.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

The bell rings, and Spike shuffles to the side, getting into the ready position. Royal stands his ground however, smirking and holding out his hand for a handshake. Jenkins stands up, confused, and glares at his opponent as the crowd rains down boos.

Judge: I don’t know what Todd Royal is thinking, offering a handshake to Spike Jenkins. Todd’s already turned on Spike once, maybe he thinks he can do it again.

Annie: Spike’s not gonna go for that, he’s too smart. He’d have to be a moron to fall for that again.

Ejiro: Or high.

Annie: Well, ya….

An angry Spike Jenkins steps forward, his hand extended as well. As he nears his opponent, Jenkins raises his arm, slapping Royal hard across the face.

*SMACK!*

Judge: Well, that answers that question. Spike is neither stupid, nor high.

Ejiro: He’s probably high.

*THWACK!*

Royal’s head whips around from the slap, but he quickly reacts, turning and blasting Spike across the face with a forearm shot. Jenkins staggers, but regains his ground, whipping back his arm and lighting up Todd’s chest with a knife-edge chop.

*SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Royal winces, but snarls as he winds up and fires back, driving his forearm hard into the jaw of Spike and knocking loose a spray of saliva that flings into the crowd.

*THACK!*

*SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

*THWACK!*

“OHHHHHHHHHHH!”

*SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

*SMACK!* *SMACK!* *SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Annie: Holy crap!! What a brutal exchange to start this match!

Ejiro: There’s certainly no love lost between these two guys after what’s happened over the last few months, and each man is determined to show they’re better right from the opening bell.

The crowd is on their feet and roaring, as Spike backs Royal into the ropes with a series of deafeningly stiff chops. As Jenkins leans back to fire off a fourth consecutive blow, Todd drops to his knees, begging off. The crowd boos, and Spike pauses, scowling as Todd meekly offers his hand for another shake.

Judge: Royal, trying to beg for a truce after having his chest blistered by those chops by Spike. Somehow I don’t think Jenkins will be any more receptive now than he was a moment ago.

Judge’s observations prove true, as Spike smirks angrily at his opponent and leans back, chopping Todd’s hand out of the air. As Royal yelps and grabs his hand in pain, Jenkins rotates, blasting him in the head with a spinning kick.

As Todd collapses on the mat, Spike erupts in a roar of victory. Reaching down and grabbing Royal by the vest, Jenkins rips his opponent off the mat and wraps his arm around Todd’s head. Rolling Royal over, Spike locks in a reverse facelock, signaling to the crowd for a Reverse DDT. A moment of celebration is all Todd needs, however, dropping back and driving his boot into Jenkin’s head.

Ejiro: NICE! Koppu Kick by Todd Royal to break up the hold!

Judge: Spike came out of the gate firing and full of anger, and got the early advantage with the strikes. But as soon as Spike slowed it down, Royal slid out and regained control.

Annie: Don’t expect Spike to give up anytime soon though. He’s determined to get revenge on Royal.

As Jenkins hit’s the mat, Royal spins to his knees and grabs his opponent by the ankle. With a quick yank, Todd jerks Spike into the center of the ring and goes to work, grapevining the leg and twisting the ankle. Jenkins winces and tries to spin out of the hold, but Royal dives forward, rolling on the canvas and water wheeling Spike over his head.

Jenkins arcs through the air and slams hard into the mat, and Todd immediately changes focus, sliding out of the grapevine and falling forward into a headlock. Spike wiggles his way to his knees, and as the crowd claps him on, works his way to his feet.

Annie: There’s that resolve from Spike Jenkins not letting Royal rest with that headlock, and immediately fighting to his feet.

Ejiro: Kind of like that guy that kept pushing the rock up the hill, even though he knew he was doomed to fight a futile battle for all eternity.

As soon as Spike plants his second foot on the mat, Todd slides back, wrapping his legs around Jenkins’ ankle and dropping him back to the canvas. Spike fights back immediately, however, kicking up his legs and hooking a head scissors on Royal. Wrenching Todd off of the hold, Spike repositions his body for leverage.

Todd slides out of the head scissors, taking advantage of the leg grapevine from moments before, and grabs Jenkins by the hair. Pulling Spike off the mat and jacking him with a European Uppercut, Royal sends Jenkins slumping into the cables.

Judge: Neither man stopping to take a breath here, following up each hold, each shot, with another. That may not be the most logical strategy in that it wears you down as well, but these guys are blinded by hate for each other.

As Spike staggers forward, his opponent ducks his head and drives it under Jenkins’ limp arm. Wrapping his arm around Spike’s waist, Royal lurches backwards, taking his opponent over and planting him hard onto the mat.

Ejiro: Beautiful Northern Lights Suplex by Todd Royal! This match could end early!

Anthony Michael Hall drops to his knees as the crowd hushes, and Todd bridges, blocking Spike into the mat.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

NO!!

At the count of two, Jenkins lifts his shoulder, breaking the count and sending the crowd into a frenzy. Todd holds on, however, flipping over and grabbing Spike in a reverse front facelock. Pulling Spike up with him, Royal kicks out his feet and drops straight back down, driving Jenkins into the canvas with a Inverted DDT.

Ejiro: YES!

Judge: Inverted DDT by Todd Royal! That’s a psychological move as much as a physical one. It was an Inverted DDT, broken up by Royal, that turned the momentum back to Todd.

Annie: Royal’s got an superiority complex, and its certainly a case of “anything you can do, I can do better.”

Instead of covering Spike this time, however, Todd jerks his opponent off the canvas again. With Jenkins standing groggily in front of him, Royal scowls and drives his elbow into Jenkins’ spine. Spike staggers forward, but Todd follows up, hooking his opponent’s arm over his shoulder. Taking a step back and planting his feet, Royal leans back, hurling Spike back with a back suplex.

Ejiro: BIG Backdrop by Royal!!

Annie: NO! Hollywood lands on his feet!

Annie’s call is nearly drowned out by the explosion of cheers from the crowd, as Spike tumbles backwards through the air, planting his feet hard on the mat and staggering backwards. The pop confuses Royal, who turns around, only to eat a stiff chop to the chest by Jenkins.

*SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

A wide-eyed Royal yells in pain, as Spike shakes the pain from his chopping hand. Todd ducks a second chop, however, and reaches out with his arm for a lariat. Spike ducks that blow, however, and leaps into the air, firing off a dropkick that catches Royal under the jaw, dropping him to the mat.

Judge: Spike Jenkins has his second wind now! He’s got Royal flailing and staggering, and he looks ready to take the victory.

Ejiro: I believe in the second coming of Todd, and so should you! Royal will prevail!!

Todd scrambles off the canvas, but Jenkins hit’s the ropes on the opposite side of the ring and runs full bore at Royal. Todd can’t even lift his head before Spike wraps his arms around his neck, spinning to the mat and dropping Todd with a neck breaker.

Annie: Phantom Necbreaker!! Nice move by Hollywood, and now he’s going for the cover!

ONE!…

TW…NO!!

Anthony Michael Hall’s hand slaps the mat only once, before Royal kicks out his legs and slides out from under his opponent. Crawling across the ring, Todd breathes heavily as he reaches for a towel from Megan Skye.

Before he can make the ropes, however, his opponent is back on him. Leaping through the air and spinning around, Spike Jenkins drops his leg across Royal’s neck, guillotining him into the canvas. As Todd lays motionless, eyes glazed on the mat, the crowd stands to show their appreciation for Jenkins.

“HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!”

Judge: Beautiful 420 leg drop by Hollywood Spike Jenkins, and he’s swung the pendulum of momentum right back into his favor. Now he’s got to capitalize with a big move, and put Todd away to get the win.

Picking Royal up and whipping him into the corner, Spike charges at the adjacent ropes. Springing off the middle rope, Jenkins spins around, thrusting out his leg and paint brushing him with a boot across the face.

Todd drops to his knees upon impact, and Spike continues to kick away. Blasting Royal with two quick, stiff strikes to the rib cage, Jenkins takes a step back and cocks his leg, ready to deliver a knockout blow. As Hollywood steps in, however, Todd puts up his hands, offering his right one for a feeble handshake.

Annie: Are you KIDDING me?!? Todd’s nearly out on his feet, and he’s offering to make peace with Spike? He must be getting desperate!

Ejiro: Nonsense. Royal is a kind and forgiving Todd, and I’m sure he’s decided to pardon Spike for his sins and welcome him into the kingdom of Todd!!

Judge: Or he sees his life flashing across Spike’s boot, and he wants to save himself.

Spike lowers his feet to the mat and smirks, reaching down and grabbing Todd by the hand. Royal breathes a sigh of relief, but instead of shaking his hand, Jenkins lurches backwards, hooking Todd’s arm and dragging him down to the middle of the ring. Jenkins kips up, as the crowd pops.

Annie: DEEEP Armdrag out of the corner by Spike Jenkins, countering the handshake attempt into a big offensive move.

Ejiro: OOOOH he countered a handshake. Big Deal. Wait until Royal breaks out the big offensive moves.

Annie: What? Like a hug? Royal needs to stop trying to make peace, or psyche Spike out, or whatever he’s doing, and focus on winning the match.

With Royal groggy and incapacitated, Spike lifts him off the canvas, hoisting him up into a standing position. Kicking Todd in the spine, Jenkins doubles his opponent over backwards, eliciting a groan of pain from Royal. Pointing out at the crowd, Spike hooks the inverted face-lock and grins weakly. With a quick spin of the hips, Jenkins jerks Todd around, driving him face first into the canvas, and drawing a huge round of cheers from the crowd.

Judge: Roll the Joint!! Todd topped Spike by hitting the Inverted DDT earlier on, but now it’s Spike who tops him with the Roll the Joint! What a move!

Annie: And you know what follows this, it’s Silver Lining time!! That’s the move that got the tapout for Spike last time these two faced off.

Indeed, Spike moves in for the kill, grabbing Todd by the hair and moving him into a sitting position. Before he can wrap on the Dragon Clutch, however, Megan makes her presence felt, reaching into the ring and grabbing her man by the foot, sliding him under the ropes and to the floor.

Ejiro: YES! The Toddess makes the save! All is right in the Kingdom of Todd!!

Outside the ring, Skye consoles Royal, toweling him off and wiping his brow. The crowd boos the interference, but quickly begins cheering, as Spike hit’s the opposite ropes. Running full speed ahead and leaping over the ropes, Jenkins extends his body, bowling over Todd and Megan with a cross body block.

Annie: Amazing height on the plancha by Hollywood Spike Jenkins!! He just took Royal and Skye out with that move!!

“SPIKE!” “SPIKE!” “SPIKE!” “SPIKE!”

As the crowd erupts in cheers, Spike Jenkins pulls himself up off the concrete. Tossing Megan aside, and grinning widely, Spike reaches down and grabs Royal by the hand. Pumping Todd’s hand up and down in a mock handshake, Jenkins draws a huge ovation from the Anaheim crowd.

Annie: And THERE’S your handshake Royal! How do you like that!

Judge: Another case of one-upsmanship by Spike Jenkins, refusing to play into Todd’s mind games until he was firmly in control, and then shoving them right back into the face of Royal.

Ejiro: Yeah, but Spike can’t win the match out there. If he wants a victory, he’s going to have to put Royal back in the ring.

Thinking ahead of Fasaki, Spike grabs his opponent by the straps and rolls him underneath the bottom rope. Sliding in after him, and positioning himself between Royal and the ropes, Jenkins covers Todd.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE…

KICKOUT!!

Judge: Kickout!! Just barely kicking out is Todd Royal!! Todd’s still fighting, but Spike could be one move away from victory.

Spike lifts Todd off the canvas again, and wraps his arm around Royal’s head and neck. As the crowd erupts in cheers, Jenkins smiles, signaling for the end of the contest.

Annie: Highlighter!! It’s gonna be over!!

Ejiro: NO! REVERSED!

Fighting weakly, Royal lifts his arm and pulls it down across Spike’s neck. Grabbing the front-facelock, Todd lurches backwards, driving Spike into the canvas with a big suplex. Both men crash off the canvas, and neither immediately moves, drawing a ten count from Hall, and a pleading cheer from the crowd.

“GET-UP!” “GET-UP!” “GET-UP!”

Annie: ANOTHER counter by Royal! It’s near impossible for these guys to string together moves, because they keep one-upping each other with counters!

The raucous crowd brings both men to their feet, and a slightly rejuvenated Todd starts right on his opponent, using his right hand to grab Spike’s left hand. Crossing over his other arm, Royal sets up for the straightjacket suplex…

…Only to have it countered by Spike, who spins out, catching Royal across the chest and sweeping out his legs, folding Todd in half as he tumbles to the mat.

Judge: Space Tornado Ogawa!! STO by Jenkins!! This time the reversal goes the way of Hollywood!!

Breathing heavily on the mat, Jenkins keeps his arm over his opponent’s chest, praying for a 3 count as Anthony Michael Hall hit’s the mat again.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

KICKOUT!!

Ejiro: Praise Todd! Our Savior lives!!

His eyes are glazed, and his chest is heaving, but Spike Jenkins pulls himself up off the mat. Using the time it takes Todd to follow him up to catch his breath, Spike explodes out of the gate as soon as Royal hits his feet. Leaping into the air, Spike wraps his legs around his opponent’s head, pulling down for the huracanrana. Before he can double Todd over, however, Royal drops back, bouncing Jenkins’ head off the canvas with a Powerbomb.

Judge: OH! Another reversal by Royal! Could this be the winning move in this back and forth chess match?

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE…..

NO!!

Annie: Spike keeps fighting!! One move either way could end this match.

Both men now slowly fight to their feet, battling for breath as well as physical advantage. Royal is the first to his feet, but his clothesline is ducked, leaving him spinning in the middle of the ring. Spike fires off a forearm shot to the chest of Todd, knocking the air out of him and sending him staggering back into the corner. A followup chop is blocked, however, sending a hush through the crowd.

Ejiro: BLOCKED! He blocked the chop for the first time this match!! Todd’s got Spike’s number now..

But Spike takes only a step back, before charging forward, springing off the middle rope and driving his foot into the temple of Royal.

Ejiro:…crap.

Judge: Dangerous WIZARD!!!

“HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!”

Pulling Todd off the canvas, and stepping behind him, Spike pulls his thumb across his throat. The crowd gets to his feet as Jenkins grabs a waistlock, and brings Todd in. Before Jenkins can make his move, however, Royal drops back, sliding out of the hold and hitting the mat.

Lying on his back, with a shocked Hollywood above him, Royal leans back and hooks his legs around his opponent’s waist, trying to pull him forward into a victory roll. Spike, weary but still standing, grabs Todd’s waist again, lifting him off the mat and planting him in a standing position, holding him in a tight waistlock.

Spike tries to suplex Royal over, but Todd refuses to go, grapevining his leg around Jenkins’ and blocking the move. Countering that, Spike runs forward, aiming his opponent at the turnbuckles in the corner of the ring. With milliseconds to spare, however, Royal spins aside, driving Hollywood chest-first into the buckles. Spike staggers back, and Todd catches him, dropping down with a waistlock roll-up. Anthony Michael Hall drops down to count, but Royal rolls through, planting his feet and hitting a bridging German suplex.

Ejiro: Chaos Theory! He rolled through that roll-up and right into the German, shades of Doug Williams!

Judge: Everything in this match has been “Can you top this?” and Royal got the better of that reversal sequence, ending with a suplex that could end this match!

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE….

THREE!!

Ejiro: He did it! It was a back and forth match, but Royal came out on top! Todd Bless Us All!!

*DING* *DING* *DING*

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

Annie: Both men came into this match with something to prove, and I think both men proved it! Spike proved to the world that he can hang with anyone, and Royal got back his win.

Judge: This was a different style of match for Todd Royal. Usually he picks a body part and goes for it the whole match, but style and strategy were out the window in this match, as Royal just came out firing, and hoped he would be the one standing at the end.

Ejiro: And he WAS! This was a brutal, hard-hitting match, and Todd was the one able to take the most hits and keep rolling. That’s why he’s our Todd and Savior!!

The crowd is standing and booing, cursing out Royal and Skye as they limp to the back, “Shoot to Thrill” playing over the loudspeakers. In the ring, Spike Jenkins sits, his eyes glazed over, chewing on his lip in frustration. As Megan and Todd disappear to the back, Funyon gets onto the mic.

Funyon: Ladies and Gentlemen…the winner of this match as a result of a pinfall….TODD ROYAL!!!

Judge: Royal and Spike battled through hate right there, but we’re not even halfway done yet!

Annie: That’s right, coming up next, Landon Maddix defends the SJL European Title against Jimmy Liston…

Ejiro: And our SHAM champion Alan Clark debuts his new personality, and hopefully gets beaten to a pulp by Jacob Helmsley.

Judge: All that and more, coming up NEXT!

We arrive back into the Arrowhead Pond, where Anaheim is going car-razy! After scanning the crowd for a moment, catching various signs such as ' to the scene of former SWF Tag Team Champions 'Judge Mental' William Hearford and Ejiro Fasaki, alongside Annie Onita as ever, at ringside ready to call the next match.

"William Hearford here with Ejiro Fasaki and Annie Onita...welcome back to Wrath."

"Yep...we're here honouring our contracts...of course, under our own will, with no mention of lawsuits at all." Ejiro says, trying to put on as normal of a voice as possible.

"Ha ha...Ejiro Fasaki, always joking around." Judge covers. "We're in Anaheim California, and tonight we are still awaiting non-title action with Alan Clark and Jacob Helmsley. But next, we have a title match. The SJL European Championship will be on the line in moments, with Landon Maddix making his first defense against Jimmy "The Demon" Liston."

"Well, let's just say Liston may have 'earnt' his shot, but believe me...Jimmy Liston is no Landon Maddix." Ejiro inputs.

"No, but he may be better than Landon Maddix." Annie counters.

"Phff!"

"Ladies and gentlemen..." Funyon interrupts as the camera cuts to the ring...

"The following contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 30 minute time limit...and it is for the SJL EUROPEAN CHAMPION...SHIP!!!"

The crowd boo, as suddenly the lights go dark. A string orchestra starts up as the Smarktron comes to life, simply displaying a white ankh. Pyros flash as they climb the ramp, from ringside to entrance. As Cradle of Filth's "Born in a Burial Gown" begins to play, a burst of flame announces the arrival of Jimmy Liston.

Funyon: "Introducing first, the challenger. From Boston, Mass. Weighing in tonight at two hundred twenty eight pounds...JIMMY 'THE DEEEMOOON'...LIIISSSTOOON!!!"

Liston slides into the ring, climbs the near turnbuckle, and, just as the tempo picks up, he thrusts his fist into the air in time with the music. He jumps from the top turnbuckle, and walks to the far side of the ring as the house lights are brought up, and the music fades.

"Liston very much the underdog tonight, but he has certainly got the power advantage over Maddix...if he stands a chance of winning, Liston needs to use that." comments Annie.

"An' I'm sailin'...YEAH!"

"BOOOOOO!!!"

Suddenly "Suck My Kiss" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers starts up, causing the arena to erupt with rapturous boos! As the song moves into the lyrics, Landon Maddix steps out from behind the curtain, and stops. Unstrapping his European Title belt from around his waist, he raises it in the air to more heat from the crowd...as behind him, Megan Skye steps out and stands by his side.

"Now this I could get used to!" beams Annie.

Maddix places the belt over his shoulder, and walks down the aisle...Megan following close behind him.

Funyon: "And the opponent. Accompanied this evening by Megan SKYE! From Huron, South Dakota...he weighs two hundred and six pounds. He is the reigning, the defending, SJL European Champion...AND the number one contender to the SJL Heavyweight Title. He is 'The Disciple Of Todd'. He is LANDON...'LA CUCARACHA'...MAAADDIIIX!!!"

Maddix leaps to the apron, forgoing the singing along with his theme song. Holding out a hand for Megan, he helps her leap to the apron, before holding up the ropes for her to enter. Landon quickly enters after her, and raises his title belt in the air again, to even more Anaheim boos.

"What a gentlemen...holding the ropes open for Megan like that. That's a classy move." Ejiro comments.

"Yeah, more than Todd usually does for her. It's usually her who's holding the ropes for him." Annie snaps back.

"Oh quit whining Annie, please."

Maddix passes the belt to referee Sexton Hardcastle, and removes his Todd Royal 'I am your Todd...Bow Down!' shirt. Liston meanwhile warms up across the ring, and is shown the belt customarily by Hardcastle before Sexton then holds it in the air. All this time Liston shows a distinct lack of emotion, despite his impending shot at gold. Landon and Megan stand discussing something in the corner, as Hardcastle passes the belt out of the ring, and then calls for the bell...at which point, Liston instantly charges forward. Megan sees him coming and escape out of the ring just in time, as Maddix is caught in the back of the head with a clothesline!

"Liston wasting no time getting into this match-up!" Judge shouts over the cheering crowd. "It looks like Liston is all business tonight."

"Yeah, and poor Megan nearly paid for it." Annie whines.

Maddix drops to the mat under a barrage of right hands and sharp stomps, trying deparingly to cover his head as Sexton tries to pull Liston away from the corner. Administering a count on Liston, he only gets to four before 'The Demon' breaks away, allowing Landon to scurry out under the bottom rope to regain his senses.

"LANDON SUCKS! LANDON SUCKS! LANDON SUCKS!"

The crowd chant gleefully towards Landon, as Megan scuttles around the ring and checks on her new 'client'. Liston watches on with a look of impatience, as Maddix looks to be stalling. After a few more seconds Landon starts to climb up onto the apron, as Liston charges forward, causing Landon to jump back to the outside and Hardcastle to hold Liston back. Again Landon walks around the ring trying to gain some bearings and a physcological advantage, Megan following him around like a lost puppy with words of encouragement. Eventually, after Liston is comfortably held back, Landon rolls back into the ring. Shoving Hardcastle aside as he goes, Liston charges forward again...allowing Landon to catch him with a thumb to the eye. Hardcastle, who was busy picking himself up off the mat, doesn't see the thumb...and Landon does well enough to act innocent. Liston holds his eye, as Landon smiles...

'There goes another one...'

...he beams, clearly alluding to the Alan Clark elbow incident. Still favouring his eye Liston goes for a right hand, which Landon manages to duck...before hitting a rabbit punch of his own, dropping Liston.

"Man, Landon's a riot!" laughs Ejiro.

"Yeah a real riot Ejiro. Poking people in the eye is a real riot to you I guess?" Annie inquires back.

"Hey, you know me. If there's a rule anywhere, it's there to be broken. In the ring or out of it."

Liston gets back to his feet...and gets another punch to the jaw, before getting irish whipped to the ropes. Hooking his arms around the top rope Liston manages to stop himself, and as Landon charges forward, The Demon raises a boot and catches him in the jaw. Landon staggers back a couple of steps as Liston shakes off the eye injury, and nails a BIG right hand. The force sends Landon flying backwards, and rolling into the middle of the ring. Jimmy backs off the ropes as Landon gets up, and nails a stiff clothesline which knocks the wind out of the European Champion, and gives Liston a chance to cover...

...ONE...

...T...

...quick kickout.

Both men get to their feet, and all Landon can think to do is go for another right. Liston sees it coming, throws up his left hand to block, and nails one of his own. Again the force sends Landon backwards, allowing Liston to back off the ropes. This time Landon sees the clothesline coming and ducks it, running under and to the ropes himself. As he comes back Landon runs into a boot to the gut, one to the jaw as he's doubled over, and another stiff clothesline in quick succession. Again Landon scurries from the ring, only this time Liston is quick to follow out.

"Maddix is on the back-foot...and he doesn't want to be on the outside of the ring." comments Annie.

"Why not?" questions Judge. "He can't lose the title on the outside."

"He might lose more than that on the outside with Jimmy Liston. Like...a limb." Annie replies.

Landon doesn't see Jimmy closing in behind him, and thinks he's safe. Megan however does, and begins to frantically shout at Landon, who responds by turning around...into a right hand! Liston hits another right, and a third as Landon is rocked. Irish whip by Liston, and Landon FLIES forward, crashing back first into the steel barricade, his momentum causing him to fall back, and land head first in the front row!

"Oh my god!" yells Hearford. "Maddix into the crowd!"

"That should be a disqualification!" Ejiro yells straight back.

The crowd nearest to Landon begin to crowd around him patting him on the back, until Liston hops over the barrier causing them to try and stay out of the way. Liston drives a right hand into the downed Maddix's head repeatedly, gaining surprising crowd support as each shot connects. Maddix slowly begins to get to his feet, pushing people aside as he begins to try to escape through them...Liston in hot pursuit. Going up the steps in between two sections of fans, Liston is on the offensive with right hands, Maddix just trying to escape. The crowd are loving this, hovering around the two and getting as close as possible to them without catching a right hand themselves.

"They're brawling right out of here...this is chaos!" Annie comments.

"And look at Hardcastle...he's trying to follow them. He should be counting!" adds Judge.

"Agreed buddy. Landon should still be champion..."

"Ah, here we go." sneers Annie. "You just want Landon to win."

"Well...duh!" snaps Ejiro.

Brawling further and further up the crowd, Liston and Landon are slowly being caught up by Hardcastle. Liston stops and grabs a beer off a nearby fan, throwing it into Landon's face to a huge roar from the crowd.

"Oh no! He might have blinded Landon!" squeals Ejiro.

"Wouldn't that be a shame." Annie replies sarcastically.

Liston grabs a handful of hair, and looks down...ten or twelve steps up, the fans cheering him on. Suddenly Liston points down to the floor below, and another roar goes up all around him. Landon manages to hit a punch to the gut to free himself just in time though, before booting Liston in the gut. He stumbles back, managing to stay on his feet as he goes down a couple of steps. Landon fires his right foot forward again, and Liston falls...tumbling down the remaining 6 or so steps before landing on the cold concrete floor. Landon meanwhile stops for a breath, looking down at Liston who is being checked on by Hardcastle.

"YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!"

"Good god Liston may be hurt. Those are metal steps he tumbled down." Judge mumbles in disbelief.

The crowd around Maddix shout their abuse, as he angrily motions to take a swipe for a nearby fan. As the fan yells back at Maddix he begins to walk back down the steps. Liston is somehow getting to his feet...but Landon sees this, and nails a running knee to the side of Liston's head. As Hardcastle tries to convince Landon to go back to the ring, another fan hurls his beer down from above, drenching Landon to a loud cheer from the crowd.

"These fans sure don't like Landon huh?" sneers Annie.

"They're just a bunch of drunken jealous idiots. That was probably that guy's eighth beer of the night already." Ejiro replies.

Landon wipes the beer off, and angrily glares up in the direction of the beer's flight before turning back to Liston. Grabbing a handful of hair, Landon pulls Liston to his feet and begins to drag him back through the crowd, before throwing him over the barricade. Landon follows, and hauls Liston up again...throwing him head first into the ring apron, before heaving Liston's near-dead weight into the ring. Both he and Hardcastle roll back in, as we get a shot of Megan looking rather happier than a minute or so earlier.

The beer soaked Landon picks Liston up from the mat with one arm under his, and delivers a hiptoss. Quickly Landon grabs hold of the top rope and leaps over it acrobatically, before climbing up to the top turnbuckle. Liston looks to be totally out of the match, as Maddix gets to the top rope. Raising his arms in the air, Landon smiles at the heat he is recieving from the crowd...before looking back down a Liston. Like a missile, Landon flies through the air with precision, arms out-stretched the entire way...

...as he lands the CockroachDive Headbutt, Liston's body convulsing from the impact. Quickly Landon shakes off the effects he got from the move, before dropping across Liston for a cover...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...H...

...R...

...NOOOOO!

"YEEEAH!"

Liston's shoulder shoots up at the last second, as Maddix slowly looks up, a shocked look on his face.

"Kickout by Liston! And Landon cannot believe that the headbutt didn't put Liston away." comments Hearford.

Landon slowly gets off the cover, his shock slowly subsiding to anger as he begins to put the boots to Liston. Defensless, Liston takes a series of five stomps to the chest, each one sending pain through him like a bolt of electricity, jolting his entire body. After five Landon stops, taking a moment to hold out his hands cockily to the crowd. Meanwhile Megan has leapt up to the apron, with a towel in her hand. Despite this being a Todd Royal ritual, it takes Landon a little by surprise. Rather than let Megan towel him off, he instead takes the towel himself and wipes the sweat and beer from his own face.

"More gentlemanly conduct from Landon..." points out Judge.

"Hmm...he's after something." Annie replies.

"What? What makes you say that?"

"Oh come on Will...Todd would have made Megan towel him off. Landon's being 'Mr Gentlemen', trying to get her in his good books. He's a man after all..."

"You know, you're really taking this whole lesbian thing a bit too seriously Annie." Ejiro happily interjects.

Dropping the towel to the floor, Landon thanks Megan before going back to Liston, who is now on his knees. Landon sees it and stops...changing his intentions and charging forward, before leaping off his feet and NAILING a shining wizard to the back of Liston's head! Liston seems to be knocked out, as Maddix signals that it's all over, and makes the cover...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...H...

...SHOULDER UP!

Landon gets back to his feet and pulls Liston up with him, the challenger unable to do anything to stop Landon. Irish whipping Liston into the ropes, Maddix drops to a crouching position...Liston in desperation goes for a clothesline, but Landon ducks. As Liston turns around, Landon adjusts his body position and hits a superkick, which connects perfectly on the BUTT of Liston's jaw and knocks him down to the mat.

"Beautiful superkick!" Ejiro beams. "This is academic...Liston can't continue much longer."

"We'll see..." Annie replies.

As Liston lays staring up at the lights, Maddix takes the opportunity to run to the ropes. With ease Landon drops an elbow to the chest of Liston, before jumping back up to his feet. Back off the ropes, Landon replicates the elbow as Liston isn't able to move. Landon again hops to his feet, and begins to run to the ropes again...but stops short, with a smirk on his face. A strut in his step, Landon strolls over to Liston's head...kicking his arm across his chest, as the crowd seem to know what's coming.

"Oh surely not...not the Maddix elbow!" Judge says in disbelief.

"The most electrifying move since ...you better believe it's the Maddix elbow." Ejiro happily replies.

Landon grabs hold of his right elbowpad, pulling it off his arm and throwing it into the crowd. The arms go side to side, as Landon smirks...and runs to the left. Coming off the ropes, Landon vaults over Liston's body and hits the right hand ropes. Slowly down, Landon comes to a stop by Liston's side...

...what the hell...

Landon makes a Y shape with his body...

...it's the

...Y...

...M...

...C...

...A...

...ELBOW!!!

The crowd, despite their hatred for Landon, can't help but cheer as Landon lands the YMCA Elbow on Liston.

"Oh my god...YMCA Elbow...that was GREAT! Oh, that is the best move in wrestling...right there." splutters Ejiro in near hysterics.

"Landon Maddix showing off right now...he has Liston right where he wants him." Hearford says, trying not to laugh himself.

As Landon gets to his feet, he smiles down at Megan, before breaking into a disco pose to more laughter from the Anaheim crowd.

"There's why he's showing off. Megan..." Annie begins...

"Oh, please...get over her." snaps Ejiro.

Eventually Landon breaks back into serious mode, and grabs Liston by the hair. Hardcastle's warnings on the subject fall on deaf ears, as Landon hauls Jimmy up to his feet. Liston is out on his feet, using Landon’s body to stay on his feet. Nonchalantly Landon pushes Liston away, The Demon only just able to stay on his feet. Landon waits for Liston to stop stumbling about before running to the ropes, and running straight into Liston’s waiting arms…Liston hooks both of Landon’s arms under his, trapping him…before hitting the Bloodlust headbutts! Hardcastle tries to step in and intervene, but Liston clutches on for dear life…so Hardcastle tries to force a separation. This is all the chance Landon needs to snap his leg upwards, catching Liston with a lowblow!

“Oh ho!”

“Lowblow by Maddix…just as Liston starts to get back into the match, Landon nails the lowblow!” Judge says disappointed.

As Liston holds his groin, Landon quickly nails a European uppercut, snapping Liston’s neck back violently. With Liston rocked again Landon hits a couple of right hands, before grabbing onto the hair of Liston and dragging him towards the corner. Landon quickly hops onto the middle rope and hooks Liston’s head over his shoulder, but just as quickly Liston is able to hit a couple of right hands to the gut to block. As Landon sits helpless on the top turnbuckle, Liston grabs a hold of his right wrist and tugs him off the ropes…and into position for a torture rack…which Liston quickly cinches in!

“Torture rack from Liston!” shouts Annie. “Landon has been beaten by this move by Korgath in the past…”

“And Liston was one of Korgath’s partners on that night! Liston obviously remembers that!” Judge points out in response.

Liston pulls down on Maddix’s head and legs, trying to bend him in half across his shoulders as Landon frantically flaps his arms trying to escape. However it seems Landon is trapped, as Liston starts to spin around to dizzy Maddix.

“TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP”

The crowd start to encourage Liston on, as Hardcastle is struggling to stay near Landon’s head, as Liston continues to spin around with the hold. In a desperate move, Landon swings a punch for Hardcastle, coming nowhere to connecting. Just as Landon looks to be helpless, suddenly, Megan leaps up to the apron and starts to yell at Liston. Hardcastle abandons Landon and starts to reprimand Megan, as Maddix starts to feel around with his left hand, across Liston’s face. Unable to do anything other than run his hand over Liston’s face, Maddix suddenly opens his eyes in pure shock, as Liston catches Maddix’s thumb in his mouth, and begins to bite at it!

“Hey! HEY! Referee!!” Ejiro frantically starts to shout.

Eventually Liston lets go of the bite…which is a big mistake, as Landon instantly takes the thumb, and jams it in Liston’s eye. Letting out an ear-piercing yell, Liston starts to slowly release the torture rack, as Landon gouges away at the eye of Liston. Eventually Liston releases, and Maddix lands on his feet, still clawing away at Liston’s eye. Finally Maddix releases his hold of Liston’s eye, and backs away as Megan jumps from off the apron. With an innocent lok on his face, Maddix stands back and watches as the blinded Liston tries to feel out for the ropes.

“This is sickening! Landon Maddix, not content with nearly blinding Alan Clark, has now tried to do the same to Jimmy Liston. What a sick individual.” snarls Annie.

“Hey…you do what you have to do when you’re in a torture rack.” comes Hearford’s reply,

Trying to hide the look of amusement on his face as he watches Liston struggle for vision, Landon backs off the ropes and charges towards Liston. ‘The Demon’, still with one good eye, manages to see him coming though and stick his knee out for Landon to run into. Quickly Liston clasps his hands around Landon’s head, tucks his own under Landon’s chin and suddenly drops to his knees, nailing Landon with a jawbreaker! As the European Champion staggers back, Liston quickly gets back to his feet, and tries to use his good eye to see where he’s going…

…but doesn’t see a desperation superkick heading for him…

SMACK!

…Landon’s right boot catches Liston directly in the jaw. Landon collapses backwards feeling the effects of the jawbreaker, but manages to get back up moments later. Dropping forward with more than a little hint of exhaustion, Landon makes the cover…Hardcastle drops to make the count

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…R…

…TWWWOOOOO!!! Liston kicks out!

Landon gets up, in complete shock as he glares at Hardcastle.

“Liston is SOMEHOW still in this match.” exclaims Annie.

“This ‘match’ should have been over as soon as Liston dragged Landon through the crowd. This match should be over now!” Ejiro pleads.

Angrily Landon nails Liston with a right hand to the forehead, followed up with ever quickening right after right. Landon gets off Liston and drags him up by the hair, throwing him into the corner. Liston swings with a right hand out of desperation, but Landon simply backsteps out of the way of it, and boots Liston in the gut. Landon grabs Liston’s arm and attempts and irish whip. Liston manages to reverse and pull Landon forwards into a spinebuster attempt…

…which Landon floats over, looking for a sunset flip. Liston manages to block that by sitting down, into a pinfall attempt…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…Landon pushes his legs up, hooks Liston’s arms and pulls him over into a sunset flip…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…Liston kicks out, and rolls out. Both men get back to their feet, and charge forward…Liston swinging for a clothesline, but Landon ducking and using the arm to swing around Liston’s back. As Landon goes for the Nose Job DDT, Liston manages to counter and go for a northern lights suplex. Landon manages to float over the back of that, and hit a couple of forearms to the back of Jimmy’s head. Liston quickly snaps off a side elbow to the jaw though, float out the back and drive a couple of headbutts into the back of Landon’s neck. Liston spins Landon around and nail a boot to the gut, before picking Landon up in a powerbomb position…

“Descent…Liston going for the Descent!” shouts Judge.

…Liston tries to drop Landon down for the Descent…but Landon balls up his fist, and nails a right hand…TO THE EYE! Liston shouts out in pain again, and begins to stagger around. Falling back, Landon manages to hit a hurricanrana…and sit across Liston’s shoulders to make a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…LANDON GRABS MEGAN’S HANDS…

…T…

…H…

…R…

…EEEEEE!!! LANDON STEALS ONE!

“BOOOOO!!!

DING DING!

Landon quickly leaps off of Liston and rolls from the ring, helped by Megan as “Suck My Kiss” hits. Megan scuttles off with a gleeful jog and retrieves the European Title belt, handing it to Landon as he looks a little weary, but tries his best to hide it.

“Here is your winner by pinfall…and STILL SJL European Champion…LANDON ‘LA CUCARACHA’…MAAADDIIIX!!!”

The crowd boo Maddix, as he and Megan start to scuttle off up the rampway to the back, Landon having stole the win to retain his title. Jimmy meanwhile lays in the ring, arguing with referee Hardcastle in between the breaks of pain he feels in his half-shut eye.

“Landon Maddix stole the win here tonight, and it was thanks, yet again, to Megan Skye.” complains Hearford.

“Judge…that’s what she’s there for. To help her man. Landon was going to win anyway…the help just ended it a little quicker than Landon expected.” Ejiro replies without a hint of impartiality.

“Megan cheated Ejiro. Landon cheated.”

“Well…duh. You do what you have to do retain your belt. You know that.”

Landon and Megan escape from ringside, Landon still clutching onto his belt as SJL Wrath cuts to a sudden commercial break.

“Welcome Back!” Annie welcomes viewers back from commercial, “to one of the last shows in SJL history!” This causes a cheer from Ejiro.

“Yes! I won’t be stuck commenting here with you anymore!”

“Our main event tonight pits Jacob Helmsley against the SJL World Champion…the no longer Disney Sponsored Wrestler Alan Clark.” Judge continues.

“It seems that a few days ago a press release came out showing that due to the upcoming changes, Alan Clark was going to have to look elsewhere for any kind of representation. But Alan came here tonight with a renewed purpose…and apparently a guitar…as I heard some strumming earlier backstage.” Annie remarks…causing Ejiro to groan.

“A guitar?! Are you kidding me?” Ejiro slaps his forehead as the camera moves to the ring for the introductions of the Main Event.

“Ladies and Gentlemen…the following is your MAIN EVENT…” Funyon’s voice booms as “Meaning of Life” by Disturbed suddenly explodes throughout the Arrowhead Pond, signaling the entrance of Jacob Helmsley.

Helmsley slowly walks to the ring, ignoring the boos of the crowd as Funyon makes the introduction.

“…introducing first for this ONE FALL contest…he hails from Calgary…Alberta…CANADA… he is… JACOB HELMSSSSSSSSSLEY~!”

The crowds boos become even louder as Jacob enters the ring, removing his robe and placing it to the side as he awaits the entrance of the World Champion.

Suddenly…a loud voice booms throughout the whole arena…

“Please stand clear of the ……….”

The voice goes to static and is soon replaced by the upbeat intro of Sublime’s “What I Got”, bringing the Arrowhead Pond crowd to it’s feet as Alan Clark steps through the curtain, a guitar strapped to his back…and his World Title around his waist. Alan high-fives the closest fans as he heads down the aisle, a bandage over his eye visible. Alan Clark pulls the guitar off his shoulder and strums it a bit, waving it around jovially.

“…and his opponent…hailing from Long Beach, California…he is the current SJL World Heavyweight Champion….here is…The Sublime One…

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…

*CRACK*

Funyon is suddenly cut off as Jacob goes to attack Clark in the aisleway…only to be greeted by a guitar to his forehead.

“Helmsley was going to try and sneak attack the champion…and I’ll be damned if he didn’t pay for it!” Judge exclaims as Helmsley stumbles backwards against the apron, leaving Clark holding the neck of his acoustic guitar, with chunks of wood laying all around his feet. Alan holds the neck high into the air as the crowd explodes, leaving Sexton Hardcastle to check on Jacob, who almost shrugs him off as blood trickles down his forehead. Alan wastes little time in pulling the World Title from his waist and dropping it to the ground as he rushes the dazed Helmsley and tosses him in the ring.

Alan follows and yells for Hardcastle to ring the bell…and after a quiet moment to himself…Sexton finally signals to start the match…

*DING DING DING*

…just as Alan goes for a cover!

ONE…

T—

“Helmsley easily kicks out…it’s going to take a lot more to keep him down for a three!” Ejiro comments as Alan pulls Jacob off the mat and whips him into the ropes. Jacob comes flying back, and Alan ducks down for a backdrop…but Jacob dives over top the champion and rolls him into a sunset flip…

ONE…

TW---

Alan grabs the ropes to break the count and as Jacob gets back to his feet, Alan moves to the outside and around the corner of the ring. Jacob slides back out of the ring and catches Alan as he rounds the corner, grabbing him by the throat and tossing me back in the ring. Jacob follows him in and both men get back to their feet…staring each other down.

Alan motions that he’s the champion, running his hands across his waist. Jacob smirks and rushes him…tackling him down to the mat and following with a barrage of right hands.

“Alan Clark is really showing off his personality here today…taunting Jacob Helmsley…” Annie starts…

“…and apparently he wasn’t expecting any response from him either….” Ejiro finishes as Alan tries to cover his face from the blows. Sexton finally gets in Jacob’s face, telling him repeatedly to back off. Jacob finally relents, standing on his feet and motioning for Alan to get up, causing another chorus of boos to echo throughout the Pond.

“Alan may need to rethink his strategy…” Judge comments as Jacob finally pulls Alan back up to his feet.

“What strategy?” Ejiro chuckles as Alan is hooked into a facelock, but Jacob soon releases the hold and instead hooks both of Alan’s arms behind his back.

“Jacob looks to be going for a DDT here…” Annie says…but instead, Jacob pulls Alan’s feet off the ground and rotates him a good 270 degrees through the air, before dropping Alan down back-first across his knee.

“Double Arm Backbreaker…and Jacob is starting to show his strategy now…attacking the back of Alan Clark!” Judge remarks as Jacob sends a few kicks into the ribs and lower back of Alan before dropping down for a pin attempt…

ONE…

TWO….

NO!

“Alan Clark kicks out and Jacob goes back on the attack!” Annie watches as Jacob pulls Alan back up, but is quick to drop him back down again, hooking Alan in a waistlock and wrapping his right leg around the left leg of Alan before falling backwards with a beautiful Russian Legsweep. Jacob does not go for the pin, however, and instead he concentrates on the bandaged eye of Clark.

“Helmsley is going for the tape covering the injured eye of Alan Clark. Landon Maddix took the European Title away from Clark at Crimson a little over a week ago with a picture perfect elbow right into the eye of Alan, costing him a little bit of blood, some vision, and gold in the process. Jacob looks to be wanting a little bloodshed from the man that used to hold that nickname here in the SJL!” Judge is almost rambling as blood begins to seep through the skin of Alan Clark as Sexton tries once again to pull Jacob away from the injured World Champion.

“Woohoo!” Ejiro cheers as a close-up shows both men bleeding now. Jacob finally stops his attack and pulls Alan up. Jacob whips Alan toward the corner and Alan connects with insane force chest first into the turnbuckle, his body draping over the top. Jacob wastes little time following up, as he rushes in and delivers a powerful spear right into Clark’s lower back, causing Alan to moan out in pain. Alan stumbles backwards and from the corner and falls down to the mat, landing on his back once more and causing even more pain to the champ.

“A picturesque and innovative Gore from Helmsley puts even more pain into the lower back of Alan Clark, and you can see through the blood in his eyes that he is feeling that pain!” Annie remarks as Jacob goes for another cover…

ONE….

TWO…

KICKOUT!

Clark gets his shoulder up just before the three and Jacob is momentarily stunned before continuing his assualt. Jacob gets to his feet and goes to the top rope as Alan slowly gets to his feet.

“Jacob is going to the top rope…what’s he going to do?” Annie questions.

“Probably jump off and try to hit Clark if you ask me…” Judge answers quickly, causing Annie to groan as Alan gets back to his feet, his back turned to Jacob in the corner. The crowd tries adamantly to warn Clark not to turn around, but they do not prevail as he turns around just as Jacob leaps off the top, spinning 360 degrees and stretching his body out into a dropkick…catching Clark in the chin and pushing him into the corner.

“Corkscrew Dropkick!” Annie exclaims as Jacob pops up to his feet and pulls Clark out of the corner and hooks in a waistlock, pinning the two men together. Alan tries to fit away, even grabbing the top rope to block, but Jacob pulls Alan even farther away from the corner, breaking his hold on the ropes before lifting Alan off his feet and tossing him over his head, slamming Alan back-first into the canvas with a belly-to-belly suplex!

“Another beautiful move from Jacob there…and Alan’s back is in seemingly more pain each and every second this match goes on! This is great!” Ejiro cheers as Alan rolls onto his stomach to block any pins, but Jacob leaps into the air and drives his knee down into Alan’s spine, rolling through and back up to his feet Flair-style.

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Even the pro-Alan crowd acknowledges the maneuver before Jacob goes for another pin, bringing the Pond’s boos back into play.

ONE…

TWO….

THR---NO!!!

“Alan Clark is kicking out of everything Helmsley is throwing at him. He doesn’t want to lose two in a row! He hasn’t done that in a long time!” Annie comments, and Judge uses his super-genius, and probably some help from the back, to help inform the viewing audience.

“Not since the Genesis Tournament, Annie…I was that second loss!” This information from Judge causes a loud “HA!” from Ejiro, and the two high-five each other behind Annie’s back as Jacob continues attacking Alan’s back in the ring.

Alan is back on his feet now, but looks to be out on his feet as Jacob comes rushing toward him, looking for a clothesline….

…Alan ducks!

*THUD*

“Alan Clark thought he was smart by ducking the clothesline…but Jacob stopped mid-stride, spun around, and hooked Alan right into the STO, slamming him down to the mat and no doubt sending more pain coursing through Alan Clark’s back!” Judge remarks as Jacob goes for another cover after the STO…

ONE…

TWO….

THRE---NOOOO!!!

Alan’s shoulder leaves the mat just before the three count, and Jacob looks shocked. Jacob waves three fingers at Hardcastle, who in return shows him that it was only a two count, until Jacob shows Hardcastle that he really is number one in his heart, eliciting more boos from the audience.

“There’s no place for that here!” Annie exclaims at Jacob’s actions as Hardcastle and Helmsley continue their spat, only for Alan to come from behind with a ROLLUP!

ONE…TWO…

KICKOUT!

“Fast Count! Fast Count!” Ejiro explodes as Jacob quickly gets back to his feet and kicks Alan down before going back at Hardcastle, who simply smiles and can be seen mouthing “fine…that’s two”.

“Get that referee out of there! Where’s Kivell! Hell…where’s Soapdish…he’ll show that guy a thing or two!” Ejiro rambles on as Alan and Jacob again are both on their feet, and Sexton is back in the neutral corner.

“This match…I just don’t know what to make of it… bleeding, fast counts, guitar shots…this is crazy” Judge comments as the two men go into a lock-up, but Jacob is quickly able to overpower the smaller Clark, sending him back into the corner. Jacob releases the hold, but quickly spins 360 degrees, bringing his leg up and connecting square with the throat of the champion…

“Spinning Heel Kick!”

*THUD*

“…into the Blackout!” Annie calls as Alan’s back connects with the canvas as Jacob tries to hold a choke around Alan’s neck, but Clark is quick to grab the ropes.

“Break it up!” Sexton can be heard audibly in the camera, but Jacob keeps the hold applied, attacking with punches to the bleeding forehead of Clark.

“Do it!” Sexton yells again as Clark is slapping the mat in submission, but Jacob finally releases the hold as Hardcastle begins to warn about disqualification.

“Helmsley had the win! Hardcastle is a cheater!” Ejiro bemoans the correct officiating.

“That was a fair and just call…Alan Clark had the ropes! Are you still pissed cause Danny beat you?” Annie mentions the loss, causing Ejiro’s eyes to widen and his hand to raise in preperation for a hit…

“…don’t do it Ejiro…” Judge says calmly, and Ejiro lowers his arm slowly…a crazed look still in his eyes. In the ring, Jacob tries to get Clark back to his feet, but Alan quickly rolls to the outside and tries to regain his bearings from the beating he has received so far in the match.

“Alan Clark is running! He’s afraid!” Ejiro is back to his old self quickly as Jacob heads to the outside, where Clark is holding himself up with the ringsteps and bottom rope. Jacob takes a run at Clark and tries for a splash…

*TWANG*

“Alan moved out of the way of the splash and Jacob took hard steel right in the kisser!” Judge comments as Jacob stumbles backwards, showing that the shot opened the cut on his head up just a little more.

“That soooo sounds like a personal problem there, Judge…” Annie remarks as Alan climbs the ringsteps and dives off, connecting with a kick to the top of Jacob’s head that puts him down on his back as Sexton continues to count on the inside.

…2…

Alan sees his chance for revenge as he leaps up onto the barricade and dives off quickly, spinning 180 degrees and coming down right across the back of Jacob’s head, but the landing puts pressure onto Alan’s back as well…as he too moans a bit in pain and falls back against the barricade for support.

…4…

The count continues as the two men work to get back up, with Alan climbing up the barricade, and Jacob slowly crawling toward the ringsteps.

…6…

Jacob gets to the second step just as Clark is able to get back to his feet. Alan rubs his back a little and moves toward Jacob, grabbing him by his hair and tossing him into the ring and following behind him, breaking the count by Hardcastle.

Back in the ring, Alan seems to be on the offensive as he pins Jacob down and exacts a little revenge from earlier in the match, throwing hard punches into Jacob’s forehead, causing more blood to be shed than a normal hockey fight in the Pond.

“Ref! Stop him! Closed Fists!” Ejiro screams as the crowd begins to cheer as Alan pulls Jacob to his feet. “Stop cheering him!” He continues as Alan hooks in a facelock and quickly drives Jacob face-first back into the mat, trying to knock Helmsley out as he goes for a cover…

ONE…

TWO…

NO! Helmsley kicks out just before the three, eliciting boos from the crowd as Alan goes back to his attack, bringing Jacob up to his feet and shoving him into the corner. Alan whips Jacob across the ring, and Jacob hits the opposite corner back first. Alan waves his hands, seemingly signaling for something before rushing across the ring and performing one of his perfect cartwheels before leaping into the air and bringing his right foot right into the side of Jacob’s head.

“Wreck of the…Or…I mean…Tidal Crush from Alan Clark!” Annie remarks as Alan lands on his feet after the kick and turns back to face Jacob once again. Alan sends a few chops into Jacob’s chest before throwing in a vicious looking European uppercut, almost pulling Jacob off his feet. Alan jumps up and puts his feet to Helmsley’s thighs and wraps his arms around his head before falling backwards and flipping Jacob right onto his head in the center of the ring!

“Oh My God! That was almost a sheer drop Monkey Flip! Jacob almost landed right on the top of his head! Alan Clark is trying to put Helmsley out of action! This is disgraceful!” Ejiro slaps the table in frustration.

“There was nothing sheer about that, Ejiro…have you been looking at my underwear?” Annie mentions, and Ejiro simply blushes as Alan goes to the top rope in the ring and dives off, coming down and landing a little high on a legdrop, catching Jacob right in the face, no doubt causing a little more bloodshed.

“He could have just broken his nose right there, too!” Ejiro yells again as Alan rolls on top of Jacob and tries for another pin….

ONE…

TWO…

NO!

“Jacob kicks out, but you can tell he is in serious pain! His head must be throbbing from all the abuse it has taken!” Judge comments as Jacob tries to crawl toward the corner to get back to his feet. Alan gets back up as well and looks at Jacob as he crawls. A close-up shows another smile on his face as Alan takes a run at Jacob and puts his foot into his back and leaps off of him like a stepping stone, hopping up to the top rope and flipping backwards off the top, coming down across Jacob as he comes crashing to the canvas!

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

The crowd chants louder and louder as Alan lays on top of Jacob, both barely moving.

“Unbelievable! Alan Clark just used Jacob Helmsley as a step up to the top rope and then flipping around and walked all over him!” Annie makes the call as Sexton checks on the two men.

Alan is the first to move, his hand coming out and grabbing at the bottom rope as he tries to get back to his feet. Alan pulls himself off of Jacob, and soon after Jacob rolls to his back, his expression dazed as he stares at the ceiling of the Arrowhead Pond. The crowd is still cheering as Alan gets himself up to the third rope and pulls himself to his feet, and Jacob is finally to his knees.

“These two men are putting each other and themselves through a frozen hell!” Ejiro comments.

“Frozen?” Both Annie and Judge ask.

“Well…this IS a hockey rink…” Ejiro laughs to himself, causing groans from Annie and Judge as Alan pulls Jacob up to his feet, a little slower than normal. Jacob is finally vertical as Alan puts him back in the corner and climbs up to the top, leaving Jacob standing before Clark wraps his legs around Jacob’s head and rolls backwards, flipping Jacob over and driving him down on his neck and head.

“Beautiful Rana out of the corner…and more pressure is being put on the neck and head of Jacob Helmsley….and a pin attempt from Clark!” Annie calls as Sexton makes the count….

ONE…

TWO…

THREEE….

NO!!!

Jacob kicks out just BARELY, causing boos from the crowd. Alan gets back to his feet, but Jacob has seemingly gotten his second wind, as he pops back up to his feet reasonably quickly as well. Alan throws a kick into the gut of Jacob, but he catches it and shoves Alan back into the corner. Jacob comes in to attack as Alan pulls himself up to the second rope and comes off, spinning his leg around and bringing his right foot right into Jacob’s temple, knocking him off course and causing him to drape over the top rope.

The crowd cheers as Alan looks at Jacob and leaps up and over the top rope and to the outside, grabbing Jacob by the head as he passes by, pulling down and choking him, bouncing his body up and back into the center of the ring as Alan lands on his feet on the floor. Without missing a step, Alan hops back up onto the apron and pauses for a moment, turning and looking out to the crowd, who begin to chant as Alan pumps his fist through the air…

AL-AN! AL-AN!

AL-AN! AL-AN!

AL-AN! AL-AN!

Alan turns back to the ring and springboards up to the top rope and dives off, flying through the air and spreading his body open, splashing down onto the chest of Jacob Helmsley!

*THUD*

YAHHHHHH!!

The crowd explodes as Alan goes for another pin attempt…

ONE…

TWO….

THREE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

“Jacob kicks out just before the three and the crowd does not enjoy that decision as a chorus of boos rains down from the rafters.” Annie exaggerates as Alan looks at Sexton in confusion, but is re-affirmed that it was only a two count.

Alan’s smile turns to a frown as he pulls Jacob off the mat and sends his foot back into his gut. Jacob doubles over in pain as Alan rushes toward the ropes and bounces off, coming back and leaping into the air, catching Jacob’s head and slamming him down to the canvas face-first with a bulldog. Alan pops back up and sees Jacob face-down, as he claps his hands together over his head and goes for the ropes once more, jumping up to the second rope and bouncing off, flipping backwards through the air and rotating slightly to bring his body down right across the back of Jacob’s head!

“Alan Clark is trying to knock Jacob Helmsley unconscious! Hardcastle should disqualify him this instant!” Ejiro screams down at the ring.

“He’s just trying to win, Ejiro…I’m sure you haven’t always been the cleanest of wrestlers…” Annie smirks as Alan goes for another cover….

ONE…

TWO…

THREEEEEEE!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

“No! Jacob kicks out again! He just won’t go down!” Judge exclaims as Alan looks to have seen a ghost, looking down at Jacob as his shoulder stays off the mat, proving that he is still in the match.

Alan Clark yanks Jacob off the mat once more and hooks him in a waistlock Alan tries for a german suplex, but Jacob blocks…and reverses the hold before violently shoving Alan chest first into the corner once again.

“Jacob looks to be on the comeback trail!” Annie remarks as Clark turns around and heads back toward Jacob, who is waiting and leans back, sending up a superkick toward the World Champion…

…Alan ducks!

…Waistlock!

…German Suplex!

….Another!

….A Third!

“This match has been back and forth since the get go…with Alan starting off with a vicious guitar shot, only to spend the first half of the match getting hung out to dry by Jacob Helmsley. But this comeback has been amazing, as Jacob, after starting off the match a little bloody, is now a mask of crimson and his head throbbing from the repeated attacks by Clark and now these three german suplexes!” Annie tries her best to review the actions of the two men as Alan gets back to his feet and sits Jacob up. Clark quickly slams his knee into Jacob’s spine, causing a loud groan. Alan then reaches around Jacob’s body and pulls his hands across his face before pulling him up and off the mat. The crowd cheers as, for the second time, Alan leaps and pulls Jacob backwards, slamming him violently head-first off the canvas.

“That’s the second time Alan has dropped Jacob on his head with that Halo…and look at him now!” Judge comments as Alan comes off the ropes and leaps into the air, flipping backwards and coming down on Jacob’s chest with an SSP!

“A shooting star press from Clark!” Annie calls as Alan winces in pain from the aerial attack, his back still feeling the affects from earlier. Sexton moves down for the count…

ONE…

TWO…

THREE—KICKOUT!

Jacob gets his shoulder up at the last possible second, leaving the Arrowhead crowd booing wildly as Alan slaps the mat in frustration. Jacob can barely get to his feet, but Alan pulls him up and moves him toward the corner. Alan holds Jacob’s head as he climbs to the second turnbuckle. Clark tries to hook in a facelock for a Tornado DDT, but Jacob pulls his head away and sends a kick into the ribs of Clark, causing him to double over in pain. Jacob catches Alan before he falls from the turnbuckle in a facelock of his own, and before Alan can figure out what is happening, Jacob pulls Alan off the corner and holds him vertically…

…stalling…

…and driving him to the canvas with a brainbuster!

“Beautiful Brainbuster!” Ejiro cheers as the top of Alan’s head connects with the mat like a railroad spike. Jacob rolls on top of Alan and Sexton makes the count…

ONE…

TWO…

THREE!!

NO!!!

“Alan Clark gets his foot on the ropes!” Annie exclaims as Sexton breaks the count, sending Jacob into a fit of rage. Jacob pulls Alan off the mat and punches him in the head, breaking open the wound around the eye even more. Alan tries to pull away, but Jacob hooks in a waistlock and pulls Alan off the ground, flipping him over his back and into a Canadian Backbreaker!

“Jacob has been attacking Alan’s back this whole match! This could be it!” Judge remarks as Jacob bounces up and down, causing Alan’s back to bend across his shoulder…

…but Alan escapes!

*THUD*

“Cutting In--- I mean…uhhhh…NECKBREAKER!” Annie slips as the bouncing from Jacob caused Alan to slide down and onto his feet, leaving Jacob in perfect position for the neckbreaker…the back of his head taking another jolt of pain from the maneuver.

“Alan Clark might have just saved with one desperation move…but for how long!” Judge exclaims as Alan holds is back as he pulls Jacob off the mat. Alan tosses Jacob into the ropes…

….Jacob comes back….

…Clothesline from Helmsley!

DUCKED!

…he comes for another run…

…Clothesline from Clark!

DUCKED!!

…Jacob keeps going…

….Dropkick from Helmsley!

…Alan catches him!!

*THUD*

“Jacob tries for a dropkick, but Alan was ready, catching his legs perfectly and dropping him down on the back of his head once again…but what is he doing now?” Annie asks no-one in particular as Alan pulls Jacob up by his ankles.Clark hooks his arms around Jacob’s knees and stalls for a moment…holding Jacob’s head up off the mat…

*THUUUUDDDD*

“Jacob Helmsley was just driven head first into the canvas!!” Judge comments as Alan almost drives Jacob through the ring.

“He calls that the…the…” Annie searches for her notes… “the Acoustic Explosion! And I’m sure in Jacob’s head there is definitely something exploding right now! Jacob looks to be knocked unconscious!”

The Arrowhead explodes in cheers once more as Alan rolls Jacob onto his back and falls into a pin, hooking Jacob’s leg and pulling it back. Sexton with the count…

ONE…

TWO….

THREEEEEEEE!!!!!

“YES!!” Annie exclaims as Sexton counts the three on Jacob Helmsley. The crowd’s cheers grow louder as the bell is rung and Funyon announces the winner.

*DING DING DING*

“Ladies and Gentlemen…here is your winner… the SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION…. The Sublime One…

ALLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN CCCCLLLLAAAAARRRRKKKKKK~!”

Sexton raises Alan’s hand in victory and hands him his championship as the crowd continues to cheer. “What I Got” begins to play, and Alan’s smile can be seen on the SmarkTron as he exits the ring to the music and the cheering, leaving Hardcastle to tend to the defeated Helmsley, who has only just started moving in the ring, his eyes a little glazed from the Acoustic Explosion.

“Alan Clark pulled that out of nowhere…dropping Jacob on the top of his head and knocking him into the losers column for this edition of SJL Wrath!” Annie exclaims. “In an unbelievable show of fortitude he came back from getting absolutely decimated through the first half of the match, and only through a mistake by Jacob on the outside did the World Champion gain the advantage and he kept it to himself to pull out the victory!”

“Oh shut up, Annie!” Ejiro says, causing Annie to glare him down as Judge tries to finish up the show.

“We will see you next time on the countdown to SWF Clusterfuck and the end…the end…the end…of the SJL! For my partners Annie Eclectic and Ejiro Fasaki…I am “Judge Mental” William Hearford THE THIRD…”

GOODNIGHT!

As the scene fades out, the camera shows a section in the crowd, where Landon Maddix watches with Todd Royal and Megan Skye…smiles are on all of their faces.

Edited by Longdogger_Pete