TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor

Awesome pioneering Japanese electronica, very similar to the music from Sonic The Hedgehog I adore so much, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryuichi Sakamoto did that actually. He rules.

Devo (reissue) Duty Now for the Future and New Traditionalists. Bad idea to re-release two albums on one CD, they got a bit patchy after Are We Not Men?.

Yesterday Went Too Soon by Feeder

Amped by Dog Eat Dog

Dead Letters by The Rasmus

For a total price of less than £15 while on holiday in Prague. Thank goodness that the Czech economy is fucked. :D

Bad idea to re-release two albums on one CD

I hate when record companies do this. Yeah, it's a bargain or whatever, but an album is a work of art that should stand on its own merit.

Speaking of which, I found a copy of Gang of Four's second album, Solid Gold, today. It's the long out-of-print 1995 Infitity Zero issue, with the Another Day, Another Dollar EP appended to it. This is great for two reasons: 1) It was only eight bucks, and the cheapest I've seen it online is $35; 2) this means I can avoid getting last year's reissue of it, where the shitacular Hard album was placed on the same disc, bizarrely sequenced before Solid Gold, no less.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I stopped following Canadian music when the Pursuit of Happiness broke up.

Weird.

A Yank name dropping the Persuit of Happiness.

Where's the Moe Berg avatar?

I've been listening to the first Clash album a lot this week, it got swamped initially after I bought it the same week a load of amazon shit arrived. I prefer it to London Calling. Wouldn't call it 'better' but yeah, love it.

I stopped following Canadian music when the Pursuit of Happiness broke up.

Weird.

A Yank name dropping the Persuit of Happiness.

They created a small bit of controversy back in the late 80s when "I'm an Adult Now" was considered too risque for MTV. It was a pretty big college radio hit in the states, though.

Guest Basswitch

Just picked up the new Lost Prophets CD, Its pretty good.

Last Train is an awesome song.. however they have changed their sound a lot IMO.

They are better this way though/

Guest JebusNassedar

I wasnt raped at Tower! Wheee!! Picked up The Dillinger Escape Plan w/ Mike Patton - "Irony Is A Dead Scene while I was there. Fan-fucking-tastic. When Good Dogs do Bad Things introduced me to Dillinger, and although it's short, it's REALLY good.

Oh, insert-Patton-blowjob-here. But not to say I dont like/admire him. I just dont think there's much left to be said.

Let's see here....

Jet- Dirty Sweet EP and Rollover DJ maxi single

SRV- Live at Carnegie Hall

Faith No More- The Real Thing

Edwin, you bastard.

*Prince - The Hits 1

You goddamned right. Even the casual fan still needs Hits 2 as well, since the amazing songs are spread out pretty randomly across both. So get shopping. Then Purple Rain, then Dirty Mind, then Sign O' The Times...