TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The WWE Folder

Dear TSM,

A number of you have been asking what is going on with the WWE Folder. Basically, for quite a while now, I've felt that the folder has been lacking intelligent discussion & content...so a change is in order.

While it was put up prematurely, most of you know what the plan is going to be.

Goodear and CanadianChick will be the forum moderators of the WWE Folder and will be supervised by Loss4Words and Sass. They are to be respected and treated as moderators of TSM, so just because they don't have a big blue picture that reads "MODERATOR", doesn't mean that they shouldn't be treated the same way.

I recently made Loss a Super Mod for the sole purpose of being able to "suspend" users of the WWE Forum. While hopefully it doesn't end up being used too often, it allows users who aren't following the rules to still post on the rest of the board minus the WWE Folder, which is the plus.

The suspensions will be as follows:

Suspended the first time - 1 day

The second time - 3 days

The third time - 1 week

A fourth time - Banned from TSM.

I'm sure that some of you may have a lot of questions as to why this is taking place to begin with. I will answer each and every one of your questions, but understand that I helped come up with a majority of this plan and am behind this 100%.

This is NOT being done to take away the fun of the folder but rather to give the WWE Folder the intelligent discussion that it deserves in order for everyone to participate and enjoy.

Dames

We should have a guy named "Suspended User" and his posts would say this:

(comes back from suspension)

SUCKBAG ORTON IS A HOMOSEXUAL AND SUCKS HHH DIKKK111

(is suspended again)

I like this system. Kudos, Mr. Gonzalez.

Guest KidKrash

Any more plans you're going to put in place prematurely? This WWE folder revitalization is coming off REALLY shoddy.

Goodear and CanadianChick will be the forum moderators of the WWE Folder and will be supervised by Loss4Words and Sass

Well there's your downfall right there. You're having a guy who people say has just started posting again and Sgt. Slaughter supervise two posters who never talk down to people or use insults or message people on AIM saying that they have no lives and that they ruin the internet, always provide good discussion, and are sensible.

Basically, for quite a while now, I've felt that the folder has been lacking intelligent discussion & content...so a change is in order

To be honest, I don't see you helping much.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'm hoping it doesn't become joke-free zone because right now Vince and crew are pretty much denying us stuff that would make intelligent conversation...I mean I have a hard time saying.

"Did you see that ol' boy, why he just lactated in the ring. He may want to see a doctor about that"

or

"My god, did you see that? Why Eddie Guerrero covered the Big Show in feces via a hose. How utterly disgusting".

Basically I want to know where I can draw the line with joking before I get kicked in the nuts by a mod

I would like to call for this suspension system to be put in place for the rest of the board too. So there's no excuses.

EDIT: Also, KidKrash, If you've got a major problem with Sass et al, take it to HD. Thems the rules, so I suggest you stick to them.

Well there's your downfall right there. You're having a guy who people say has just started posting again

Says the guy with 58 posts.

Basically, for quite a while now, I've felt that the folder has been lacking intelligent discussion & content...so a change is in order

I see Loss and Sass trying to do something to help. What are you doing?

Dames

Basically I want to know where I can draw the line with joking before I get kicked in the nuts by a mod

We don't want to punish anyone for joking around, but we don't want to halter a discussion because it's been hijacked by too many people joking around.

The occasional joke is fine but when things get extremely off topic, then it's a problem.

Dames

Guest FrigidSoul

We don't want to punish anyone for joking around, but we don't want to halter a discussion because it's been hijacked by too many people joking around.

The occasional joke is fine but when things get extremely off topic, then it's a problem.

Dames

So basically jokes that keep on topic but not ones that go and just turn the thread into something else, like your Diatribate for something or other that turned into some sort of feminist convo?

Dames

So basically jokes that keep on topic but not ones that go and just turn the thread into something else, like your Diatribate for something or other that turned into some sort of feminist convo?

Precisely.

Dames

So are we still allowed to make the jokes?

Like we make a joke about Randy Orton and then someone leaps in saying "God! Don't you guys ever quit! I hate you smarks! All you do is bitch!"

Are we eliminating the stuff that would cause that response(just about everything) or the people that make that response?

Kid Krash is sooooooo a PBP.

Tommorrow, Kotz will tell us that water is wet.

However, unless he breaks any rules, he can't be banned. Which is why this stuff shoulf go to HD.

Also I don't know if this has been addressed before but.....why does everything turn red when Dames shows up?

Is it like a huge warning "Dames is here! All Your Base Are Belong to Us!"

However, unless he breaks any rules, he can't be banned.

Not true. Once a pbp is found, broken rules or not, they're gone.

The evidence for KidKrash being a pbp is overwhelming at the moment...

Dames

Dames

I shall present a counter case..............

*looks at the facts, considers plea's, looks at the facts again*

Your honor we'd like to settle off the board.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Any more plans you're going to put in place prematurely? This WWE folder revitalization is coming off REALLY shoddy.

Goodear and CanadianChick will be the forum moderators of the WWE Folder and will be supervised by Loss4Words and Sass

Well there's your downfall right there. You're having a guy who people say has just started posting again and Sgt. Slaughter supervise two posters who never talk down to people or use insults or message people on AIM saying that they have no lives and that they ruin the internet, always provide good discussion, and are sensible.

Hi Game.

Bye Game.

Dames

I meant that unless he does something to prove he's a PBP, you'd be shit on for banning him. Hemight be a new poster, he might be a gimmick. Any PBP knows to go through proxies so until he breaks a rule there's no chance (and really no reason) to ban him.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
See: Overrater Tomko and Fertig thread, among others.

Indeed. i proved to Sass that he was so he's going bye-bye.

*waits for "CWM is a whiner" comments*

What I don't understand, is that a guy IS banned, they come back and pretty much at the exact same. I haven't decided if it's more so pathetic or sad though.

See: Overrater Tomko and Fertig thread, among others.

Indeed. i proved to Sass that he was so he's going bye-bye.

*waits for "CWM is a whiner" comments*

How so?

PM me with your witch-hunting secrets!

Any PBP knows to go through proxies so until he breaks a rule there's no chance (and really no reason) to ban him.

You'd be surprised at how many of them slip up with something so simple as where they store their webspace, their e-mail addys, etc.

Dames

I meant that unless he does something to prove he's a PBP, you'd be shit on for banning him. Hemight be a new poster, he might be a gimmick. Any PBP knows to go through proxies so until he breaks a rule there's no chance (and really no reason) to ban him.

Proxies are for pussies.

There are much easier ways to defeat the IP ban.

Guest FrigidSoul

I would think they would just start logging the IP#s of PBP and once the IP# shows up its ban-o. But wait, I bet you're asking "How can they do that with dial-up AOL when they give out random IP#s?" well the answer is quite simple. For you see 3 numbers in that IP do not change at all because that is the dial-up servers extension number. Of course if there are two people in the same radius using the same server it becomes difficult but the chances there are pretty slim...even then there are other ways.

I repeat my question from above.

So are we still allowed to make the jokes?

Like we make a joke about Randy Orton and then someone leaps in saying "God! Don't you guys ever quit! I hate you smarks! All you do is bitch!"

Are we eliminating the stuff that would cause that response(just about everything) or the people that make that response?

I mean you said we can make some jokes. But we don't have to all become serious anti-smarks that have to take a 180 on our opinion of everything do we?

I would think they would just start logging the IP#s of PBP and once the IP# shows up its ban-o. But wait, I bet you're asking "How can they do that with dial-up AOL when they give out random IP#s?" well the answer is quite simple. For you see 3 numbers in that IP do not change at all because that is the dial-up servers extension number. Of course if there are two people in the same radius using the same server it becomes difficult but the chances there are pretty slim...even then there are other ways.

Dial up is easy. Faking it for cable modems/DSL is a tad harder... easier though when you know how to do it.