TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Anti-French Sentiment In C.E.

Guest JMA
I would suggest a folder mod for CE, but I don't think any of the regular posters would be suited to it. It needs someone neutral.

I think Tom does a good job with the folder (even though he's wrong in his above post). I doubt you'll find someone more neutral than him.

Sure, the folder COULD be better, but you could pretty much say that about any of the others on the board.

I would suggest a folder mod for CE, but I don't think any of the regular posters would be suited to it. It needs someone neutral.

I think Tom does a good job with the folder (even though he's wrong in his above post). I doubt you'll find someone more neutral than him.

Sure, the folder COULD be better, but you could pretty much say that about any of the others on the board.

Thanks. I try to be neutral and let both sides have their say and shout 'til their voices are scratchy. Even the "heated" threads tend to get calm pretty quick, so I've never seen the big issue with "flaming" in CE.

I've also never thought the folder needed a forum mod, and that remains my opinion.

In my opinion, CE is the one folder which disolves into petty squabling faster than any other. It is almost impossible to have an intelligent debate in there, which should be the forums strength. I have seen many posters put foward their ideas and opinions intelligently and politely, only to have them ignored or rubbished with no reason. And they seldom come back.

Look at that abortion/death sentence thread I quoted. That was a great topic, but you can't say it ever got close to being the open minded discussion it should have been. It soon became "abortion = bad, death sentence = good, if you disagree, you're a moron". And I'm not just saying this because I disagree with the commonplace view: in the "Bush at 48% approval" thread, it quickly descended into petty squabbling between pro-Bush and anti-Bush, pro-conspiracy and anti-conspiracy.

I'm not slighting Dr. Tom (as the most prominent mod in C.E.), but the folder does descend into petty squabbling very quickly, and could greatly benefit from the prescence of a seperate dedicated mod. Certainly it is more deserving than the WWE folder.

If this were meant to be a current events board, then it would need one more. However, this is a wrestling board and thus a folder dedicated to the most prominent wrestling promotion and the most populated one to boot deserves one more.

I don't think anyone else, poster or mod, is capable of handling the CE folder like Tom has done. Both liberals and conservatives are fortunate that Tom is a level-headed guy and can see things from both sides of the coin because I have seen posts from people from both ends of the spectrum that could be considered ban worthy in some circles but don't end up getting banned due to how heated political discussions can get sometimes (albeit the personal attacks can look childish).

Oh and JMA, get a sense of humor about yourself. Seriously.

::buggers off::

Edited by Sass

Guest JMA
Oh and JMA, get a sense of humor about yourself. Seriously.

I do have a sense of humor. Hell, people regularly tell me I'm very funny.

But I can't really prove that, now can I?

Oh and JMA, get a sense of humor about yourself.  Seriously.

The French? Are you Jerry Lewis?

Guest JMA
Oh and JMA, get a sense of humor about yourself.  Seriously.

The French? Are you Jerry Lewis?

Hell no.

I find him incredibly annoying.

Guest JMA
The Agony and the Extra C (1019)

Peg: Al, I'm in Paris. Everyone here is just so rude and smelly. I'm thinking about you all the time.

OMG! AL IS FRENCH~!~!~!~!

::head explodes::

exhead.gif

The Agony and the Extra C (1019)

Peg: Al, I'm in Paris. Everyone here is just so rude and smelly. I'm thinking about you all the time.

OMG! AL IS FRENCH~!~!~!~!

::head explodes::

exhead.gif

How dare you even attempt to say that the Bundy is French.... you must be.... a CHICKEN~!

lrg_Marcy_Darcy.jpg

Christ on a cracker.

I'm deeply offended as both a Christian and an eater of Cheez-Its. If Christ, indeed, died on a cracker, I'm worried for the fate of my soul. More importantly, Cheez-It's cheesy goodness has been severely diminished for me because of this bigoted statement. If Chave can have Marney banned for her horribly racist French jokes, I demand the banning and deporting of Dr. Tom to Canada.

This is the kind of stupid post that has become even more widespread in CE than the tedious anti-french stuff (notice Dr Tom indulges in both and often instigates it, what fun!) and comes mainly from the usual idiots although there's been a worrying tendency for CE newbies to copy them: Result = Countless unfunny 'mock outrage' posts every fecking week.

To be fair the worst of the French stuff has passed. At one point some silly twat posted a topic about thousands of elderly French people dying in a heatwave for the sole purpose of inspiring some cheap 'jokes' in possibly the worst and most distasteful thread in TSM history. For the most part though that stuff was (and still is unfortunately) just tediously witless banter for a bunch of boring bastards that is just offensive to anybody with a decent sense of humor. I wouldn't advise anyone try that same stuff on the subject of Blacks, Jews or Homosexuals though, best to stick to the xenophobia.

An opinion alone is worthless. You can think anything you want, but unless you're able to defend your position, no one will give two pins what you say, really.

Hey Doc, in my opinion, you're smart and kinda sexy.

Now give me my two pins, dammit.

This is the kind of stupid post that has become even more widespread in CE than the tedious anti-french stuff (notice Dr Tom indulges in both and often instigates it, what fun!) and comes mainly from the usual idiots although there's been a worrying tendency for CE newbies to copy them: Result = Countless unfunny 'mock outrage' posts every fecking week.

To be fair the worst of the French stuff has passed. At one point some silly twat posted a topic about thousands of elderly French people dying in a heatwave for the sole purpose of inspiring some cheap 'jokes' in possibly the worst and most distasteful thread in TSM history. For the most part though that stuff was (and still  is unfortunately) just tediously witless banter for a bunch of boring bastards that is just offensive to anybody with a decent sense of humor. I wouldn't advise anyone try that same stuff on the subject of Blacks, Jews or Homosexuals though, best to stick to the xenophobia.

So what you're saying is......you want more hilarious "mock outrage" posts?

I'm here to oblige.

Anorak, your post has left me outraged on behalf of all us boring bastards that use tedious, witless banter. I am just OUTRAGED!!

......sorry, just needed to fill my legacy of being cliche and loving it.

I forgive you, i wouldn't want to stand in the way of your legacy/sig gimmick type thing you've got going. Just don't let me catch you doing it for real ok?

Has Ill alwayd been an admin? :huh:

Anyways, IMHO, CE is a lot like WWE in that the people who post there don't think there's anything wrong with it, but the people who don't can see the faults that keeps them out of there.

Guest JMA
Anyways, IMHO, CE is a lot like WWE in that the people who post there don't think there's anything wrong with it, but the people who don't can see the faults that keeps them out of there.

Bah. Those of us who post there do see the flaws (at least I do). But really, what do you expect from a folder where politics are discussed? OF COURSE people are going to attack one another over stupid stuff just to prove they're right. I don't think a folder mod is going to change that.

Bah. Those of us who post there do see the flaws (at least I do). But really, what do you expect from a folder where politics are discussed? OF COURSE people are going to attack one another over stupid stuff just to prove they're right.

Why? That just gets in the way of any chance of a debate, half the time. I wouldn't mind a good debate on an interesting topic wit a fair few posters on this board, but it's impossible to have one in CE.

I never caught that thread in its first run, but I can see where one would be "hung up" on it. It was pretty bad, I thought.

Yep; just read it myself. Little logic involved - nothing more than a lot of people saying they were offended, and other people agreeing with them.

Well whoopdedoo, where's the debate?

This sick trend continues

You people are hilarious.

It's the French.

THE FRENCH.

I can't help but think that if you replace 'French' with 'lesbians' or 'Republicans' or 'Bushies' in any of your French rhetoric, it would suddenly seem less funny to you.

But that's just my opinion.

You people are hilarious.

It's the Bushies.

THE BUSHIES.

That is actually kinda funny.

I dunno, there really isn't anything else really snappy and short to call Bush supporters. It's the best I could do, Rev. :P

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I dunno, there really isn't anything else really snappy and short to call Bush supporters.

dumb?