TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

Reminisce with me...

*Marks out for "guest appearances"* Flik: I don't remember which match you're talking about but I figure we didn't show I was prolly stuck with Payne ("You write your stuff, man?" "OH YEAH~! Best match ever!" "...Good..." "Man, this match will get me bumped!" Half an hour later he'd chase birdies until he'd no-showed).

Does anybody have the ML Dance-Off they could post? There's no way we can't discuss old times without a little ML pride.

Oh and the Clan taking Fury and making him carve in his girlfriend's chest his name. Oh and Vlad, Wilson's ringer.

Does anybody have the ML Dance-Off they could post? There's no way we can't discuss old times without a little ML pride.

I never leave home without it!

Well, actually, I do, which is why I can't post it right now. But once I get home, I'll dig it up and post it here, if no one beats me to it. :)

As for mind bogglingly ridiculous things... I suppose my match on the final ML Show counts.

God I hope no one has a copy.

Since I knew I would never be able to beat Stubby if I faced him, I vowed at some point or another that if I were ever booked against him, I would write my match in the first person perspective of Jose the cameraman as he was filming the match. Just so I could do something goofy.

And wouldn't you know it - for the final ML Show, it was Simon Flare (Stubby) vs. me vs... Someone. Forgive me, I can't remember who.

It started out nice enough. But then, things like "school", "work", and "bail (or lack thereof)" started keeping me from writing, and the last 9/10 of the match was rushed to all hell, and made no sense whatsoever. Flare had a heart attack, the Manatee came down to ringside, just whatever came to mind went into the match. I had no time to be funny, just really really stupid. And the finished product was hideous.

:P

Guest Xstasy

I can't believe nobody remembers the TRUE old school. The first of the great IGNWF F*ck ups.

Damien Diablo's crucifixion of The Messiah.

Not a "Undertaker crucifies Stone Cold" type of Crucifixion. A "nails in the hands and feet, hung up on a cross of wood and bled to death" type of Crucifixion. In front of everybody. Pretty sick. That one stands out first in my mind.

The second is like unto it. Anybody remember Wilson's "kidnapping" of Mistress Sarah, and then torturing her with some kind of "fire and ice" method. He'd basically stick her with a hot poker, and then freeze her with an ice cube, or something like that. Struck me as really odd.

And this might be more of a personal thing, rather than a real screwey event, but I've always found it kind of ridiculous to have matches between a 150 pound woman and a 200 something pound man, and expect the woman to win. It always seemed a little strange to me. I mean, I could see a Chyna style chick whooping ass, but most of the women in the fed seem to want to be the traditionally beautiful diva that also beats everyone up. Having cake and eating it too. But that's one of those personal things, again.

Guest Suicide King

Yeah. Cruiserweights have no business wrestling heavyweights. Go X!

What do you mean, I completely perverted your argument? ;)

Guest Suicide King

The ML Danceoff certainly does belong here, as one of the more inspired moments of craziness that has ever emerged from Edwin's fevered brain. :)

Guest Xstasy

You're right. Cruiserweights shouldn't be wrestling heavyweights. At least not picking them up and bodyslamming them all of the time.

And when they are in there, it should take more than a kick or so to put 'em down.

I guess I have no problem with it, its just that winning in that situation takes alot of "I'm too fast for you to hit, and I hit you a million times," instead of your basic "face gets beat down, but he comes back even in the face of adversity and WINS!!"

Maybe its the match style I take issue with. :bonk:

*Marks out for "guest appearances"* Flik: I don't remember which match you're talking about but I figure we didn't show I was prolly stuck with Payne ("You write your stuff, man?" "OH YEAH~! Best match ever!" "...Good..." "Man, this match will get me bumped!" Half an hour later he'd chase birdies until he'd no-showed).

...what? Someone remembers me? Holy shit. That's like a first.

The match I'm talking about was when it was "Red Storm Rising will obtain all the belts" angle that had me have to get your title. At least, that's what Brimstone told me. I still believe to this day, he should've gone over (not you, but the other opponent). I wasn't and will never be belt material.

Except for CWD (that was a LONG time ago, RP fed) and even then, I only had one belt by luck and was basically bullshiting my way to the World Champion. I still would've liked to know who would've won between him and I. *sigh*

*coughs realizing I'm going totally out of what I should be reminiscing*

And yes, it was either myself or Payne. Yet, if Payne actually sat his ass down, he was a much better opponent than I was. I figured he'd be a lot better than my overachiving ass.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

some of the crazier old school stuff for X and them.

Straw Dummies with tape recorders shoved up their ass, anybody?

Battles in ice, malls, the rafters!!

PDS vs NTD... I believe there was an Agony of Defeat of a Lawnmower.

Every elaborate beatdown that makes some of HHH/Stephanie schemes seem possible.

Petro the Clown actually being JD in the JL in disguise... ok... don't count that.

The whole Red Storm Reich thing could have worked out, if everyone in the whole stable didn't quit the JL the week or two after it started.

that's about the jist of it, Stryke.

Battles in ice, malls, the rafters!!

That show would have been ten times better if more than 3 people showed up for it, myself included.

TNT and Zed deciding to no-show their last JL match.

King telling them this would cost them their bumps.

The resulting mess involving Zed being warned off AIM.

King revealing he was kidding.

This thread is still alive?

Why?

Da "most people reminisce over dinner for about 3 hours...this has gone on for like 4 days...get a life :)" H

It's sorta cool (and rather ironic) how this thread turned up a few ex-SWFers who haven't been seen for a while.

Anyway. I totally forgot about that disaster of a last JL match TNT and I had. It started out with TNT saying he had no desire to write a real match, and asked me if I wanted to joint. Me, being me, said I had no problem with doing less work than necessary. Then he got the bright idea of doing a silly match (which I stupidly agreed to), and... it just kind of spiraled out of control from there. He PMed just about everyone in the fed to ask them for silly suggestions, we stayed up all night the day before the show IMing, and... none of us wrote anything. I then made the stupid, stupid, stupid proclimation of telling him to "warn me if I don't start writing sometime soon," and so he did. But he kept going, his mentality somehow regressing back to grade two, eventually even getting other people to warn me. Finally, my warning level hit 100%... and I got disconnected. And for the next two days, I wouldn't be able to sign back onto AIM.

I was really, really, really pissed off. I saw him in chat later, and still being pissed off, I promptly lied about finishing the match in spite of this. So the final JL show we're on rolls around, and TNT freaks out, telling me (in chat again) that King has nothing and will nullify our bumps if he doesn't see a match. So he's writing at light speed and cursing me for lying to him about writing anything... and you know what? I started laughing.

In the end, everything turned out kosher, and to be honest with you... the joke match turned out plenty ridiculous, so it's hard to tell whether or not it was the behind the scenes stuff of the product of it that was more inane.

And yes, I'm only doing this to annoy Thugg. Tbbbbttttt!

-Z

/me fires up the nostalgia engine, powered with baby seals

Well, there was the whole thing with Stubbo bashing actual people, yet claiming the flames to be promos. I recall when he was banned for making fun of Spork/Atlas/crazy Russian McGee's girlfriend.

There was the time Jayson froke out (Or would that be freaked out?) when a person with the screename of "muzz" IMed him saying that Sacred had died, and the dedication of a PPV to the Muzzy.

Pretty much anything GOAT ever did, especially anything associated with Wilson. I recall when I tossed Wilson off the second, HIAC-type cage on 13th Hour, and he came back about two weeks later.

Actually, not just GOAT, but most of my career in general. Wheee at horrible-ness!

I recall with some fondness the matches I wrote as a booker when there was a double no-show.

Anything involving Galatea was gold, and things with me and G were cool, too. I remember some 'promos' I wrote, but neglected to save that I thought were quite funny.

Oh yeah, when Muzz was crazy, but like fun crazy. That was a good weekend.

Perhaps I can remember more things, but most likely not.

It's sorta cool (and rather ironic) how this thread turned up a few ex-SWFers who haven't been seen for a while.

-Z

Ahem... There are a few Ex-SJLers-Only. I never made it to SWF, so I'm not an ex-SWFer. Just ex-SJLer.

And I have been seen. Everywhere else but SWF. I don't really like to come back, as I'm a little uneasy of doing so... Besides, I'm not sure if people would care for me being around, so I usually stay away.

About the only thing I know I contributed that was good, was my commentary. That's about all that was good about my matches, or so I was told (and so I thought).

Also, did anyone find it weird how Payne and I were going "YAH~! OUR FEUD IS GOING TO ROCK THE SJL TO THE CORE!" (I believe that was my wording and I do remember I wrote the damn thing in caps) and in the end, both of us left the feud unresolved and left pretty much right after it started? Damn, that was sad. Think it was right after RSR broke up...

I'd also like to know just how many times had Payne return to the JL? I think out of all the JLers to do the leave and return, he had the highest (I think) amount.

Actually, I can't remember. Was the battle royale my first match? I could've sworn I was around at least a whole month and tossed into the battle royale with a shot at the Television Champion (I lost the match against the Champion, I remember that much, I had my ass handed to me match writing wise).

Well, I know that, Flik, but I meant here specifically. And 'sides, ex-JL, ex-WF, it all means the same thing these days.

And if we keep letting Kibagami come back, I doubt you'd run into many problems.

-Z

Guest Suicide King

Man, we've forgotten the gold mine here. The original joke character and solution to double no-shows!

The ELK!!!!!!!!

Best thing PDS ever came up with, including his world title reign. ;)

Edited by Suicide King

Well, I know that, Flik, but I meant here specifically. And 'sides, ex-JL, ex-WF, it all means the same thing these days.

And if we keep letting Kibagami come back, I doubt you'd run into many problems.

-Z

*laughs* Touche. Same could be said for Payne as well. And yes, I know that SWFer means the same nowadays, but to me, it never will.

I never was the SJL World Champion you know. I'd never be able to live that down. Besides I doubt I'd have the same high asperations of old anyways.

I can not write up a 3000 word match if my life depended on it. Hell, I doubt I could write up a 1000+. And at least have it makes sense. I'd make it non-sensical past 1000 words and it wouldn't make it past any judge no matter how bad the other person is (unless they no-showed, I'd win then).

And yes, THE ELK was the greatest gimmick solution for no-shows. Sadly, he never made an appearance for one of my no-shows.

Man, we've forgotten the gold mine here. The original joke character and solution to double no-shows!

The ELK!!!!!!!!

Best thing PDS ever came up with, including his world title reign. ;)

MEh, the Elk culd never live up the heights of The.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Small tipoff to the Kingly one...

The Elk was actually the creation of one of our original announcers... being the Curry Man.

Guest Suicide King

Really? I only ever saw him in PDS's matches, so I just assumed the ELK was his creation.

I've been reading these with some amusement - evidently the place was somewhat crazier before I arrived. But who was the Elk? And what did he do?

Oh, and that dance-off? Jesus Christ...

Guest Fire and Knives

-Z

I think JD, Annie, and Merc own me in the "pointless returns made three weeks after a pointless retirement" department. Maybe Stryke, too, but has anybody been paying attention?

K.

Guest Suicide King

Well, to give you a brief overview...

The ELK was not in fact an elk, but rather only the mounted head of an elk on a plaque. However, that didn't stop him from being the most devastating athlete to ever step into a ring. Frequently during double no-shows but also during any number of regular joke matches he would completely and utterly no-sell anyone and anything, down to tactical nuclear strikes. And then he would GORE!!1!!!!11!!! the holy bejeezus out of both match participants, the ref, the timekeeper, the ring announcer, and several people in the first row.

I have no more significant memories to add, but I'd just like to say I mark the fuck out for King putting Happy Bunny into his sig.

Happy Bunny owns us all.

-Z

I'd like to point out that it was that fucker Wilson who wrote the first Elk 'match'. He used the Elk to 'humiliate' me because, I mean, a stuffed head pinning a fake person, that's just damn humiliating.

That said, I shall now go over here and consider getting IRC to chat, but ultimately no-sell the idea.