TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

'Simpsons' Stars Strike for More D'oh

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ure_simpsons_dc

'Simpsons' Stars Strike for More D'oh - Report

Thu Apr 1, 2:36 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The actors who provide the voices for the cartoon characters on the long-running TV show "The Simpsons" have stopped work in a bid to force a settlement of lengthy contract renewal talks, Daily Variety reported in its Thursday edition.

The Hollywood trade paper said the six actors have not shown up for two script readings in the past few weeks, holding up production on the hit satire's upcoming 16th season.

It quoted insiders as saying each cast member is asking for about $360,000 an episode, or $8 million for a 22-episode season. Each member currently earns $125,000 an episode. The highest-paid star in TV is Ray Romano (news), who reportedly earns between $1.7 million and $2 million per episode of his Emmy-winning series "Everybody Loves Raymond."

The three-year contracts for Dan Castellaneta (Homer), Hank Azaria (news) (Moe, Apu, Comic Book Guy), Harry Shearer (news) (Mr. Burns and others), Yeardley Smith (news) (Lisa), Julie Kavner (news) (Marge) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart) expired several months ago, and their representatives have been negotiating new ones to no avail, Daily Variety said.

The last "Simpsons" work dispute was in 1998, at a time when the actors were making $30,000 per episode. The show's producer, Twentieth Century Fox TV, hired casting directors in five cities to replace most of them before both sides worked out a new deal and resumed production.

"The Simpsons" airs in the United States on the Fox network. Both Fox and Twentieth Century Fox TV are owned by News Corp. Ltd .

Fox actually kept trying to pay them 30,000 a ep in 1998? The Simpsons were a cash COW for most of the 90's. Thats just bullshit.

The show's producer, Twentieth Century Fox TV, hired casting directors in five cities to replace most of them before both sides worked out a new deal and resumed production.

Now starring ...

Ted McGinley as Homer! Dana Carvey as Bart & Lisa!! The guy that played Booger in Revenge of the Nerds as every other male character!

Each member currently earns $125,000 an episode.

So...they walk in...they talk for a while...they leave.

Then someone gives them $125,000 dollars.

AND THEY'RE COMPLAINING????

The studo does absolutely nothing but pay them and make 10 times that.

I tried to watch a few episodes this season. I really did.

If this season was it's first, it would be cancelled by now thats for sure. They're just living off the name now and all the good episodes will get lost in syndication once the newer seasons start airing. Thank God for DVD

Bah, the show is good now, people just want GENIOUS every week and call anything but crap. At least thats how I see it.

Or even resurrect Futurama :D

I wouldn't be opposed to Family Guy eventually getting that slot, but it'd be insane if Futurama did. For the last time, people, the show was never or never was going to be the "next Simpsons." Get over it.

And to say that they just talk into a mike and get paid greatly is insane, too. Sure, it's not the hardest job in the world, but it's no piece of cake, either. The entire process isn't a snap in most cases. And remember, not just anyone can walk into a studio and spout off lines into the mike. You need a little something called "talent."

Bah, the show is good now, people just want GENIOUS every week and call anything but crap. At least thats how I see it.

I still watch every show, and enjoy all of them. Sure it's changed quite a bit, but it's still one of my favorite shows on TV. Hell, it's just about the only thing other than wrestling that I still make it a point to watch every week.

Or even resurrect Futurama  :D

I wouldn't be opposed to Family Guy eventually getting that slot, but it'd be insane if Futurama did. For the last time, people, the show was never or never was going to be the "next Simpsons." Get over it.

It wouldn't have lived up to the legacyof The Simpsons, but it would have done fine in it's spot. The show had a great concept along with a fresh cast of characters and storylines all the while keeping with similar Simpsons animation and jokes.

Guest wrestlingbs

This sounds like an April Fool's joke.

However, if these guys ever did strike, part of me says lettem' walk. The Simpsons hasn't been anything more than average for awhile.

Or even resurrect Futurama  :D

I was never looking to label Futurama as the next Simpsons, but it was a damn good series in it's own right

As for Simpsons, I've seen maybe two or three episodes since '01 (last good episode I remember was the one with NSync and knocking boy groups), since it seemed though that the show was becoming SNL with a new guest star every week

Simpson character: "Oh my god! It's (Guest of the Week)!

So (Guest of the Week), what brings you to Springfield?"