TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Albums Listened to Today

I don't think anyone could actually withstand that much glam metal Pantera in one day. However, I think anyone could stare at those album covers for hours on end. That said, I can't deal with getting all those covers, so I'll just list the albums I've listened to today:

Talking Heads- Fear of Music

David Bowie- Aladdin Sane

Prince- Dirty Mind & 1999

John Cale- Fragments From a Rainy Season

That John Cale album isn't recommended, by the way.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I want the sword-wielding mancat tattooed on my person, I think.

I've listened to only the Dillinger side of a Dillinger/Nora split, because Nora fucking blows.

Also, Frank Zappa-Cheap Thrills to and from work.

IDRM, what's that Mike Patton cd I don't have, and have never seen? Because I'm going to buy it.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

f74570t69vp.jpgf61733zr6cw.jpgheadsup.jpg

New York Dolls, Coltrane, deathfromabove

IDRM, what's that Mike Patton cd I don't have, and have never seen? Because I'm going to buy it.

That's "Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By" by Lovage, who is better known as Dan the Automator. Yeah, you want that. It's real good.

I don't think anyone could actually withstand that much glam metal Pantera in one day

I Am The Night and Power Metal are two excellent albums that are hard sometimes to classify as glam, because in 99% of cases glam is an insult and these albums seem to have a prevailing dark edge to them. You can tell Phil was starting to take the helm here since it really starts to fill out with more METAL energy. Kinda like Motley Crue from that era, except more speed metally.

They do occasionally slip into 80's decadence but when weighed against the rest of the material it really isn't that bad. With Phillip on vocals and Diamond Darrell plucking riffs that actually make some sense in this musical context it is just fun to listen to.

Metal Magic is one of the worst rock albums I've heard in a very long time though.

Yup.

Guest Dynamite Kido
B00004X0Q0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Good choice Nevermortal.......that would be a kick ass album right there.....too bad I personally don't know anyone else that listens to them......

Guest JebusNassedar

I listen to At The Drive In. That's how I got clued in to Sparta, and Mars Volta. Sparta has fallen off the face of the earth, though, so I guess that doesnt count. Anyways.

B00005G8X3.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg B00005UDIH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000007TE8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg (You're better off not asking.)

B00004TF5U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpgdillinger.jpg (It's this CD if anyone doesnt recognize it.)

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

As a few of you know, I've been digging on the Stooges, and I finally found Raw Power. I bought it.

c552952bw10.jpg

Man. Its fucking infectious. It makes me want to cook up. I'm in a glorious trance. But its still nowhere near Fun House. Not by a long shot. Penetration is fucking seductive.

As a few of you know, I've been digging on the Stooges, and I finally found Raw Power.  I bought it.

c552952bw10.jpg

Man.  Its fucking infectious.  It makes me want to cook up.  I'm in a glorious trance.  But its still nowhere near Fun House.  Not by a long shot.  Penetration is fucking seductive.

Yeah. Raw Power is great, but it's a very different vibe than Fun House. Faster, a bit crisper, less I'm-stumbling-around-in-an-alley-with-a-stab-wound.

For me, today:

g28347e9yd5.jpgg04961op4o1.jpg

f86637hbo58.jpg

The new Modest Mouse album, Blonde on Blonde, and The Velvet Underground & Nico.