TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Albums Listened to Today

Don't want to dig up coverart

Dry Cell - Disconnected... A complete Linkin Park ripoff that were signed to Warner Brothers, but their CD never got released to the public. I'm a fan of LP, so it's enjoyable, as even the singer sounds identical to LP's Chester.

Nightwish - Once... Fairly certain I'm seeing them Thursday. The album slowly dies once the first five songs or so is over, but I enjoy it.

Megadeth - Youthanasia... For whatever reason, I have trouble at times understanding the words in their songs. Getting into it, though.

40 Below Summer Headlining Show from earlier this year... Damn good, of course.

Guest Anticrombie

f16795zhy8t.jpge88534cintm.jpg

g34522j60hw.jpgf73420rf5it.jpg

Iron Maiden No Prayer For The Dying - I expected to be disappointed by this album after reading the negative reviews for it, but it's actually quite good. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. The only song I don't like too much is "The Assassin" due to Bruce chanting the song title in a very awkward manner during the middle of the song. I like the idea for the song, but it is executed much better on "The Mercenary" from Brave New World. Everything else is very solid; highlights include "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter", "Holy Smoke", and "Mother Russia".

Judas Priest Screaming For Vengeance - This is less a metal album and more a hard rock album. It carries the same blues influenced hard rock riffs in menacing fashion as previous Priest album Hell Bent For Leather, but this time it's sped up. This album is what Point Of Entry should have been; it still carries commercially flavored rock circa Point Of Entry, but it's presented in much better form this time around. This album is much more consistent then Point Of Entry as far as song quality is concerned. Highlights are "The Hellion/Electric Eye", "Bloodstone", "Screaming For Vengeance", and "You've Got Another Thing Coming".

Fear Factory Archetype

AC/DC Back In Black

At work today- the first two overlap with my post in the "Recent Purchases" thread, because I bought those in my lunch hour.

g03202rf5it.jpgc9923742308.jpgd54767j0pn0.jpg d908325f8ik.jpgf233966ef61.jpgd65665b73tu.jpg

Edwyn Collins- Doctor Syntax

The Smiths- The World Wont Listen

Pussy Galore- Dial 'M' For Motherfucker

Manic Street Preachers- Gold Against The Soul

Vex Red- Start With A Strong And Persistent Desire

Ash- Nu-Clear Sounds (although I've never seen a copy with that cover before)

Prince-Around The World In A Day: Has three or four classics but the rest ranges from forgettable filler to pretty good. I can see why so many people were disapointed with this album.

Guest ian.

f92075d4ziy.jpg

John Frusciante - Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt

First time I've listened to this was today. Quite impressed.

Guest Neuro

I've been listening to these a lot lately:

Iggy & The Stooges- "Raw Power"

Minutemen- "Double Nickles On The Dime"

Funkadelic- "Maggot Brain"

e14674z6234.jpgf72761vhg2o.jpg

c521422awny.jpgd53922n15a1.jpg

East River Pipe - The Gasoline Age

M Ward - Transfiguration Of Vincent

Screeching Weasel - My Brain Hurts

Low - Secret Name

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

f93573kqn7y.jpg

No other propular 60's and 70's group was better prepared for the 80's than Zeppelin. This album is generally shit upon by most heavy metal fiends, and rightfully so. But I am not a heavy metal skid, I am a hipster in training. This album makes me wanna cut a rug, bitch. Represent Zeppelin at their most self indulgent. Besides that hotdog track at the end of side 1, this album is precious in every way.

Rant, did you insult the Pixies in another thread and just proclaimed to have listened to Queen?

Stick to fixing computers, music isn't your strong point.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That Black Label Society he mentioned earlier is worse, but so is In Through The Out Door. Even as something catchy that moves well, Zeppelin did better stuff. The heavy blues rock of their debut is far more energetic, and the anthemic single after single nature of II is more infectious. I don't know what you see in that album at all.

In Through the Out Door was the only album that John Paul Jones owned. It was a progression for the group, stayed with the times. It was a lighter affair, more relaxed, yet danceable. Synth godliness.

Plus let me say, I never declared the album as their best. I didn't even dare compare it to their late 60's, early 70's work which was so innovative. They made the sound their own. With this one, they shifted their style to fledgling new wave-ish sound. Most people from their era simply lost touch of the times during the 80's, and did not release any memorable music. In Through the Out Door signalled a promising change in their music during the late 70's; one that would've yielded fairly successful results had they stayed together.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
In Through the Out Door was the only album that John Paul Jones owned. It was a progression for the group, stayed with the times. It was a lighter affair, more relaxed, yet danceable. Synth godliness.

Plus let me say, I never declared the album as their best. I didn't even dare compare it to their late 60's, early 70's work which was so innovative. They made the sound their own. With this one, they shifted their style to fledgling new wave-ish sound. Most people from their era simply lost touch of the times during the 80's, and did not release any memorable music. In Through the Out Door signalled a promising change in their music during the late 70's; one that would've yielded fairly successful results had they stayed together.

I think it sounds more like a group too caught up in their own indulgences trying to squeeze more blood from the stone.

Self indulgence doesn't always yield bad results. I think msot music is self indulgent.

Guest Coffey

d666667t816.jpgf46881cuku1.jpgd5154329wis.jpg

Warren Zevon ~ "Excitible Boy", Peter Frampton ~ "Frampton Comes Alive" & Def Leppard ~ "The Vault"