TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

The OAO Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thread

Even though I hate most of season 1 and I have both Sci-Fi episodes on tape, Soultaker and Final Justice in the same set? Fucking SOLD!

I think it's Jim Mallon that's in charge of producing the DVDs, since apparently he's the one that's been making the money off of them. So, blame Gypsy.

They should see if they can coax Corman to let them release It Conquered the World and Teenage Caveman, I believe It Conquered the World was released as a stand only in the early days.

So it has come and past, 20 years ago on a cold Minnesota Thanksgiving our little show first unspooled over the airwaves of a local Minneapolis UHF station. I don't know about anyone else but I popped in a couple episodes to celebrate this special Turkey Day.

I watched "Village of the Giants" (s5 ep23?) last night. The first thing I noticed was that the title song was used for the theme to Deathproof and got a kick out of that. The whole, Franks gone/ tribute to Frank Zappa was pretty cool too. That and I guess a young Ron(ny) Howard. The movie itself is bad/bad (as opposed to bad/good) and the lines (from the guys) pretty much save it from being a boring expierience.

I guess I wanted to start off with a Mike episode, because I'm going to start working through season 1 and all the episodes I can get, that I haven't already seen.

That and I guess a young Ron(ny) Howard.

I remember seeing this episode when I was a kid and nearly pissed my pants when it showed Opie working at his chemistry set and Servo squeaked out "Aunt Bee has bursitis".

So apparantly the monster from

is some real folklore which is going to be explored on MonsterQuest on History tonight at 8 EST.

Guest Smues

Ha, I knew Crenshaw was real and not just an actor!

But wait, if the not Crenshaw creature was real, does that mean it really made a hillbilly get himself covered in shit in an outhouse?

From mst3kinfo.com:

Mystery Science Theater 3000 XV from Shout! Factory will include the following episodes:

102- THE ROBOT VS. THE AZTEC MUMMY (with short: COMMANDO CODY AND THE RADAR MEN FROM THE MOON Pt. 1)

509- THE GIRL IN LOVER'S LANE

604- ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE

616- RACKET GIRLS (with short: ARE YOU READY FOR MARRIAGE?)

Extras will include:

• Glimpses of KTMA

• The Design And Speculative Technology Of MST3K: Joel Hodgson And Trace Beaulieu Visit M.I.T.

• New Interviews with "Zombie Nightmare" stars Frank Dietz, Jon Mikl Thor and John Fasano.

• Kevin Murphy And Trace Beaulieu in a Sneak Peek of the upcoming indie feature film Hamlet A.D.D.

• Trailers/promos

• 4 limited edition mini-posters

It's scheduled for release on July 7.