TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OctoberBlood

Tyrese as Luke Cage?

Guest OctoberBlood

luke_cage.gif

JB:

Latino Review first reported that actor/model Tyrese was up for the lead role in LUKE CAGE and it seems that news may be confirmed in the coming weeks. FilmForce contacted Tyrese's reps who referred them to Marvel for "confirmation" on the news. Avi Arad also said in his conference call to stockholders that John Singleton was signed to direct LUKE CAGE and that they had a actor but couldn't announce his name yet? Could that be Tyrese? The actor has worked with Singleton twice before on BABY BOY and 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS so there's a definite relationship there. I personally would have rather had Ice Cube wear the chain necklace but I guess, surprisingly enough, he's too big for LUKE CAGE. He'll be off filming the sequel to XXX while this project is underway. So can Tyrese pull off a superhero film? We all learned from THE PUNISHER what happens when you get the wrong actor to play a part. I like Thomas, excuse me Tom... Jane but he's just not Frank Castle. Anyway you spin it, no matter how many hours you spend in the gym, he just wasn't pulling it off. Hopefully Tyrese will do a better job than Jane did...

I was kinda hoping Taye Diggs would get the role. But, since I don't know much about Luke Cage, I'll keep my comments to myself.

Thoughts?

Guest Choken One

Taye Diggs is better actor.

Shocked it wasn't LL COOL J.

WTF HELL NO that guy was bad in 2 Fast 2 Furious how the hell did he get this job? I was hoping for Michael Duncan Clark or Ving Rhames or Michael Jai White for the role.......DAMN.

A] I have no idea who Luke Cage is.

We all learned from THE PUNISHER what happens when you get the wrong actor to play a part. I like Thomas, excuse me Tom... Jane but he's just not Frank Castle.

B] Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Jane played an awesome Frank Castle.

Guest OctoberBlood

Agreed.

Agreed.

The fact that he left the possiblity for Tyrese to do a good job acting shows he is a moron.

Tyrese can't act. he never could act. He will never be able to act. he can sing. he can dance in weird Usher videos that are a mix between Mad Max and Clockwork Orange. He can even look really mean as GANGSTA #2 on the Parenthood when Robert got shot. He can sing the hell out of a Coco Cola jingle on the back of the bus. But he will never be able to act.

Singleton hasn't done anything worthwhile beside Boyz in the Hood, while Tyrese (if he should get the role) is... Tyrese. Chalk one up for complete indifference toward this movie.

Anyway, Luke Cage is a former gang member who was framed and put in jail. To get parole, he allows scientists to perform experiments on him, which gives him various powers. With his new powers, he became a hero for hire.

He was most successful from the 70s through the mid 80s, when blaxploitation was the order of the day. In the last ten or fifteen years, aside from I believe one or two short lived books and the odd guest appearance here and there, he's been pretty irrelevant.

Luke Cage was in the series Power Man & Iron Fist..........I don't want to see Tyrese & Jet Li in the same movie! Hell might as well cast DMX as Luke Cage.

Lawrence Taylor (yes, the football player) would have been perfect.

At least they haven't casted a Wayans.

Although by sheer numbers, there has to be a Wayans out there somewhere that could pull the role off.

Whoever plays Cage needs to be beefed up like a mutha.

LT I would have no qualms with. Luke isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch but when he wants to he can lay some righteous ass whoopins on whoever the poor guy is that's in his way.

Iron Fist is American so unless Hollywood fubars the character up royally, the part will be given to some white guy who knows the martial arts.

Agreed.

The fact that he left the possiblity for Tyrese to do a good job acting shows he is a moron.

Tyrese can't act. he never could act. He will never be able to act. he can sing. he can dance in weird Usher videos that are a mix between Mad Max and Clockwork Orange. He can even look really mean as GANGSTA #2 on the Parenthood when Robert got shot. He can sing the hell out of a Coco Cola jingle on the back of the bus. But he will never be able to act.

Or be a playa and then gets tied up after 6 of his girlfriends found out that he cheated on them on Moesha. Dude cannot act, stick to modeling dawg.