TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

FSN SHOW WILL HAVE REPLAYS

"Jeff said that there will be a futuristic look, but it will still embrace the history of the NWA. There will not be a traditional four sided ring, and you will have to watch the first show to find out what the ring looks like"

More reason to believe this will fail.

"Jeff said that there will be a futuristic look, but it will still embrace the history of the NWA. There will not be a traditional four sided ring, and you will have to watch the first show to find out what the ring looks like"

What the hell does this mean? They're going to use a 6-sided ring in all matches?

Jimmy said that some of the biggest names in wrestling have been calling the offices of TNA to appear for the company, including the Ultimate Warrior.

This is gonna fail.

The using the 6 sided ring for every match was in the new Observer as well.

But why for EVERY match? Won't this completely fuck up how every match goes down? You don't want to debut on TV with your guys looking like shit because of the ring being different than anything they've ever wrestled in before.

Guest rhynoreturns

Loving reading the ROH boys whine, makes the TNA deal even sweeter.

Loving reading the ROH boys whine, makes the TNA deal even sweeter.

Whine?

You may be bringing in THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Wow, I'm so pissed that ROH doesent have him.

And If I want to see crappy 6 sided ring action, I can turn on Galavision.

Maybe they'll only use the 6 sided ring on the FSN show but regular rings on the Wednesday's shows.

Wish it could be two hours though so they can fit in more action. Oh well...like always I'll be hoping for the best. I'm not a very pesimistic guy.

Yes, and in a new added rule, every match will be wrestled under the European rounds system. Draws will be solved under K-1 rules.

I'm sorry, but what is the "European rounds system"?

Guest rhynoreturns
You may be bringing in THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Wow, I'm so pissed that ROH doesent have him.

And If I want to see crappy 6 sided ring action, I can turn on Galavision.

you should be more pissed that since their creation ROH has had all of one good storyline (Raven-Punk).

Warrior could be a trip if put in a managerial or authority slot.

Six sided ring will be interesting, makes the viewer say "I have to check that out." This is especially true if Sports Net provided solid advertising.

you should be more pissed that since their creation ROH has had all of one good storyline (Raven-Punk).

Instead of refuting this by going through all the good storyline stuff in RoH, I'll just concede your incorrect point and go with this: 1 is better than 0.

Guest rhynoreturns
Instead of refuting this by going through all the good storyline stuff in RoH, I'll just concede your incorrect point and go with this: 1 is better than 0.

I've gone to at least 8-10 shows and I've yet to see any great storytelling being done that doesn't center around in-ring work. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but in terms of capturing a non-smark mark audience the promotion is intellectually bankrupt.

They were baseing an angle around shit in a gym bag right?

Guest Donners

It's hilarious the way people rush to criticise something they've never even seen. The desperate rush to bash everything TNA just makes it look like you feel threatened by their potential for success. It's attitudes like those expressed in this thread that make me want TNA to succeed, just to show up the whingers.

Guest rhynoreturns
It's hilarious the way people rush to criticise something they've never even seen. The desperate rush to bash everything TNA just makes it look like you feel threatened by their potential for success. It's attitudes like those expressed in this thread that make me want TNA to succeed, just to show up the whingers.

well said. The majority of TNA bashers have never watched the show and base their opinions on what the over the top negative recappers say. Those recappers speak poorly because they have a petty grudge against Ryder and refuse to praise the show. I've seen some darn good TNA shows, that Meltz just murders. His bias is undeniable.

TNA and ROH have both had good storylines, IMO. TNA is clearly more storyline oriented, though a lot of the stuff is still "argument backstage, brawl, interfere in a match later" usual stuff. But bashing each product is just stupid. Each obviously has diehard fans. ROH has enough so they don't need to cater to the non smarks. We'll see if TNA has/can create enough to become something big on FSN.

I've seen some darn good TNA shows, that Meltz just murders. His bias is undeniable.

I doubt Meltzer has an anti-TNA agenda. He may have a difference of opinion than you, but that doesn't mean that he has undeniable bias.

Guest rhynoreturns
I doubt Meltzer has an anti-TNA agenda. He may have a difference of opinion than you, but that doesn't mean that he has undeniable bias.

By ripping TNA, Meltz makes Ryder look like a moron due to his connection with the promotion. And who wants to buy dirt sheets from a moron. Why not buy it from someone who seemingly has all the answers (Meltzer). As a result WO possibly could get more subscribers.

Meltz is a business man not a journalist. A journalist should always provide fair and balanced content. In reviewing TNA shows Meltz is never fair and balanced.

By ripping TNA, Meltz makes Ryder look like a moron due to his connection with the promotion. And who wants to buy dirt sheets from a moron. Why not buy it from someone who seemingly has all the answers. As a result WO possibly could get more subscribers. Meltz is a business man not a journalist, who is proving fair and balanced content.

Oh please...Meltzer rips everything he hates. He's said a lot of TNA shows have been good, and others haven't. He does the same with the WWE. I don't see some big conspiracy to take down 1wrestling here.

Guest rhynoreturns

1wrestling and WO are competitors, I don't know many people who praise their competition.

Praising 1wrestling and praising TNA are two different things, at least in my mind.

Here's Meltzer's preview for tonight's show:

"Tonight's line-up:

*A.J. Styles vs. Chris Harris for NWA title

*Kid Kash vs. James Storm

*Sonjay Dutt vs. Amazing Red in match #2 of their best of three series

*Hector Garza & Mr. Aguila vs. Petey Williams & Bobby Rude

*Shane Douglas vs. Michael Shane with straps and paddles legal

*Monty Brown vs. B.G. James

The main event will probably be really good, and if Williams & Rude wrestle only half as good as they did last week, the tag match will be real good. Dutt vs. Red are scheduled to do more high flying with the idea they are building to doing better matches each week. On paper, this is one of the better shows, and live it'll be even better as they are taping half of the 5/26 X Division World Cup. Ryuji Hijikata, Nobukazu Hirai and Taichi Ishikari from All Japan are in along with Nosawa as the Japanese team. Garza, Aguila, Abismo Negro and Heavy Metal are in as the Mexican team. Williams, Rude, Johnny Devine and Eric Young are in as Team Canada, and Elix Skipper & Jerry Lynn & Chris Sabin & Christopher Daniels are in as Team TNA. We will have all the X division match results posted later tonight."

Seems like he's being pretty fair here to me. I just think you're seeing conspiracy where it's not. If Meltzer doesn't like something TNA, to you it's because of 1wrestling, where I'd say it's just because he didn't like it.

Guest rhynoreturns

read tonight's review, I watched the show and it was very, very good. The way Meltzer reported it, he made it sound very bland.

For a few years, everyone has been crying for the need to have another free TV wrestling show. In tonight's report Meltz glazed over the TV deal like it was a prelim match. I know we all knew about the deal weeks before, but he should have heightened his comments on it. It's by far the biggest news in wrestling since Lesnar quit.

Guest rhynoreturns

They announced they are coming to Fox Sports Net, although didn't announce a date. They also said they would be on Best Damn Sports Show tomorrow night, but didn't say who would be on (I believe Jeff Jarrett of course, who didn't even have a presence on the show tonight).

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz