TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Listen

Who cares if someone is posting multimedia on this board? People have been doing it for a long time. Nikjohns needs to quit overusing his power. Its annoying. No one is going to sue this fucking message board. There are thousands of others who offend worse than this one. Over the past few days I've seen numerous threads for Nikjohns has closed or editted stuff. But I guess thats what happens when you put any Tim, Dick, and Harry as moderators amongst your already copius administrators and such.

BANKY SHOOTS~!

And I agree, more illegal stuff makes everyone happy.

I'd be swearing a lot more if I was shooting. I just think it was foolish to promote some people to positions of power if they didn't show any credentials to actually make the BOARD better. They are just writers. I don't think anyone here would say that their enjoyment level was being elevated because Nikjohns came to power.

Guest Loss

A separate thread was started for this because ... ?

Look, I have seen for myself everything he's closed or edited and I haven't seen him do a damn thing with which I've disagreed. He's doing his job. I find it funny that the very same people who always got upset about how much the WWE folder "sucked" complain when someone tries to do something about it. There is a rule not to post multimedia on the board. Multimedia was posted on the board. Multimedia was edited out of the thread.

Luckily, that's all that happened. Anyone who posts multimedia could be suspended from the WWE folder or banned. The fact that Nik didn't take it that far shows that he has more reserve than you seem to think.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Actually, if you look at the rules I set up in the folder I run (when I feel like it) I actually encourage media files.

Although that's just indy wrestling material, which isn't likely lawsuit liable. Heck, music videos are the primary reason why I go to the CZWFanboard, they kick quite a bit of boo-tay.

Edited by Jay Z. Hollywood

Guest Dazed

It was done under instrucion from Dr. Tom, who said:

But involving lawyers at all is pointless, and a hassle we simply don't need. More pointedly, I don't want to bloody deal with it, since I'm the one who would have to right now.

So ... post LINKS (to a web page only, not directly to a media file) to whatever he may have uploaded or what not, but make it clear to him that that's all he can do. The links can't be in any way associated with TSM, and he stops posting them or gets banned if there's even a whiff of trouble over this.

And for crying out loud: IT'S IN THE FUCKING REGISTRATION AGREEMENT. It clearly says that you cannot post copyrighted material, unless you own the copyright. Please tell me exactly how I have acted out of line here.

So let's all play the "blow things out of proportion game".

EDIT to say:

Over the past few days I've seen numerous threads for Nikjohns has closed or editted stuff.

I'm calling you a liar over this comment. Over the past few days I've closed nothing, and edited two posts. One was FS's, and one was a potential spoiler for Judgment Day, in which I added a {spoiler} tag. So quit trying to cause drama, unless you're going to prove me wrong. But I don't expect you to.

Edited by nikjohns

Guest FrigidSoul

Good job on sending me a PM explaining why you editted it or did so under who's authority...oh wait, that's right...you didn't.

This has basically become a broken record though.

Poster A: Nikjohns isn't doing a good job with the WWE forum (insert reason why)

Poster B: I agree because...(more reasons given)

Nikjohns: I'm doing my job, you're all starting DRAWMUH~

Poster C: No really, you're doing a horrible job (backing up Posters A & B with more reasons)

Loss: You're all fucking babies for disagreeing with Nikjohns

So rather than voice your disgust on the matters in Site Feedback just boycott the WWE Forum. His powers don't extend out from there and its already been stated that nothing will change. Gotta realise with the exception of a few the board is Run By the Mods For the Mods...we just get to interact too as long as we don't step on any toes.

Guest Loss

I'm glad you understand. Would you like me to suspend you from the WWE folder so you can't go back in there or would you rather just boycott willfully? Either way is fine with me.

Guest Dazed
Good job on sending me a PM explaining why you editted it or did so under who's authority...oh wait, that's right...you didn't.

Sorry, I forgot that I was obligated to justify my every decision to you. But if we're playing that game, then why didn't you PM me instead of making a public post about it?

Nikjohns: I'm doing my job, you're all starting DRAWMUH~

You're missing the bit where I justify my position. Like where I posted the quote from Tom, or the quote from the registration agreement. Instead of refuting those (which you can't), you stick to personal attacks. Good work.

I'm glad you understand. Would you like me to suspend you from the WWE folder so you can't go back in there or would you rather just boycott willfully? Either way is fine with me.

If the post was edited, how is there any ground to suspend him from the forum? Because he was vocal in Site Feedback? I'm not the biggest FrigidSoul fan in the world but that post seems a little out of line, Loss.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'm anticipating the day when posters will have flame wars with the mods. Of course, everyone would be banned, but it would be good for a laugh.

(sits on the sidelines eating some unsalted popcorn)

Guest FrigidSoul

I don't need to be suspended from there as I haven't gone back in there. If it makes you feel high and mighty then go for it.

Its great having a mod team that tries to better things for the posters :)

Sorry, I forgot that I was obligated to justify my every decision to you. But if we're playing that game, then why didn't you PM me instead of making a public post about it?

So ... post LINKS (to a web page only, not directly to a media file) to whatever he may have uploaded or what not, but make it clear to him that that's all he can do. The links can't be in any way associated with TSM, and he stops posting them or gets banned if there's even a whiff of trouble over this.

This is where I would start cursing and point out nik's stupidity if it didn't lead to "OMG BANZORS~". Instead I'll walk away and hope pointing shit out doesn't get you banned as well.

Guest Dazed

That was actually in relation to Deon thingy's media posts a while back and not to this situation - I should have edited that part out. You still ignored the rest of my post though. IM me.

You guys might want to recheck your decision here because using "you can't publish copyrighted materials on the site" sets a bad precident. Pictures from websites can be copyrighted. Infact, many pictures in this thread are.

Sorry Malibu, but you can't use your Zack Morris avatar because its copyrighted by TBS and they say you can't use it - ditto with your OC pics (CR by Fox).

And forget about posting any pictures from WWE.com, they're copyrighted too. And how about the "World Wrestling Entertainment" folder? WWE is a copyrighted name, I believe, so using it could be illegal.

Nasty Precident.

How is anyone's life so drastically ruined by threads getting modified, or edited, or even closed outright? It's a message-board. If a thread was there, and then it's not, so be it, move on and read a different thread.

What's been eliminated that's been so crucial to everyone's enjoying the board?

Guest FrigidSoul

Nope, no more IMs. I'm done with all of it. If I want to talk WWE I'll go to SNKT or even brave the depths of a yahoo chat before I step back into that forum. You and Loss can have fun with your clubhouse where you kick people out at whim.

Guest Loss

I have no intentions of suspending him unless he wants me to do it. If he doesn't, then I won't.

The post was meant to be a joke, but I guess it's still early in time zones.

Guest Loss
Nope, no more IMs. I'm done with all of it. If I want to talk WWE I'll go to SNKT or even brave the depths of a yahoo chat before I step back into that forum. You and Loss can have fun with your clubhouse where you kick people out at whim.

When that starts happening, you'll have a valid point. Until then, you don't.

Guest SP-1

While I understand the frustrations of Frigid . . . the rules are the rules. It looks like nik is just enforcing them. And ultimately it's for the good of the board. Sure, the chances of someone slapping TSM with a lawsuit are slim, but the 11 year old girl the RIAA sued probably thought that as well. Considering Dames just moved, I'm sure a lawsuit like that is not a good thing for him. If you want to blame someone, blame those making a big deal about copyright infringement. Not the ones trying to head off a potential problem. Which, while potential . . . is still a problem under the law of the land that the man who own this board lives in, and where the servers hosting it are located (I would assume).

Not taking sides. I dislike the strictness of the copyright hounds like most everyone else. But it's happening and TSM has to look out for itself.

Zack for President. Unless of course Dr. Tom slaps his hand for not showing a united front and arguing in front of the kids.

I'd like to see some of the behind-the-scenes conversations in the mod folder...

*opens door for parody*

Guest Loss

I agree, Rudo, that it does set a dangerous precedent. Like SP, I wish the recent cracking down didn't make it necessary, but it does.

And OSW, if I thought Nik was out of line, I'd say so, even if we would discuss it privately. But he's not.

Looks like you are using some copyrighted images yourself, SP. Infact, your breaking the rules more than anyone else here as you manipulated the original photo which tends to be implicitly described as an act you cannot do.

Unless, you took those pictures of the WWE stage and from American Outlaws yourself.

And for crying out loud: IT'S IN THE FUCKING REGISTRATION AGREEMENT. It clearly says that you cannot post copyrighted material, unless you own the copyright. Please tell me exactly how I have acted out of line here.

Nik, like someone said before:

Theoretically, you shouldn't be allowed to have the clip of Pai Mei in your avatar. It's copyrighted material, and I doubt you own the rights to any "Kill Bill"-related material. If it's in the rules, and all of the posters have to follow it, then it would only make sense that you follow the rule as well - for your own well being in avoiding possible legal action, of course.

If it is necessary for one thing, why is it not necessary for another?

In otherwords,

If I don't see every single copyrighted picture on this board and/or its user gone (including myself) within the next week -or as long as those media posts are removed- then you're just as bad as those that you "incriminate" (for lack of a better term).