TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

"It's a Black man's game"

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Rasheed Wallace is a thug because of his interviews.

"Both teams played hard. God bless and goodnight."

"We will win game two. God bless and good night."

Cena you missed the point of what I was saying, I was saying Griffey is black not because of the music he listens to or the way he dresses but because he is an African American. As for Rasheed what about the time he pushed his own teammate and then through the towel in his face, it was in Portland but I do not know the guys name. As for a future question, yes I also consider Bobby Knight a thug.

Solely on the interview, although we have had good dialogue, Gray can certainly be considered an idiot for asking the question as much as any negative opinion we have for Bird.

Discussing race in sports is weird, if someone is asked a question, no matter how they answer it, it will seem to be some sort of offensive or racist remark.

Personally, I watch the NBA because it is the best league of basketball in the world.

Cena you missed the point of what I was saying, I was saying Griffey is black not because of the music he listens to or the way he dresses but because he is an African American. As for Rasheed what about the time he pushed his own teammate and then through the towel in his face, it was in Portland but I do not know the guys name. As for a future question, yes I also consider Bobby Knight a thug.

Michael Jordan punched steve kerr in the face at practice kobe Bryant threatend to punch medvedenko in the mouth during a game. Isaiah Thomas broke his hand on Bill Lambieers head after Lambier fouled him hard at practice. HUNDREDS of fights happen in NFL training camps every year. Shit happens in the heat of competition. He threw a towel at Sabonis...okay. He apologized to him and they got over it. Just like they always do in sports

If you are going to be a thug and the worst you do is push someone and throw a towel, you are just not a very good thug.

And once again, I will point out, your friends are goddamned morons. Don't ask us why they are stupid. Ask them.

MJ has also admitted to having affairs with women, something I am against. Kobe well it should be obvious he at the very least had an affair with someone he just met I do not know more than that. By the way the word thug I am using only as a buzz word for bad morals, so not everyone I have listed would be considered an actual thug if you take me literally.

I think that this got blown out of proportion. Bird wasn't saying there is anything wrong with black players, or that white players are better. He simply said his opinion, which was that he felt the NBA's audience would be more interested if there were more white players.

By the way, anyone else think that Jim Gray should be banned for Flame Baiting?

MJ has also admitted to having affairs with women, something I am against. Kobe well it should be obvious he at the very least had an affair with someone he just met I do not know more than that.

Kobe and MJ both have been in far more on court fights than Rasheed Wallace or Allen Iverson...the THUGS of the league.

How a rapist...allegedly...and a gambling addicted womanizer are considered the good guys is beyond me.

I think that this got blown out of proportion. Bird wasn't saying there is anything wrong with black players, or that white players are better. He simply said his opinion, which was that he felt the NBA's audience would be more interested if there were more white players.

By the way, anyone else think that Jim Gray should be banned for Flame Baiting?

Definitely. I'm just waiting until he asks Jason Kidd how hard he beat his wife.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

WE're not done until you tell me about the counrty music that Ken Griffey listens to.

Rasheed has been on best behavior since he's became a Piston, I didn't like how the media viewed his guarantee of winning "Game 2" as him running off at the mouth. What do expect him to say? That they were going to lose. But, if Kobe or Shaq guaranteed a victory the media wouldn't ridicule them like they did to Wallace.

Are we done then? This was the best discussion I have been involved with on this board in quite some time. I got thoroughly owned by everyone I debated.

Edited for accuracy.

Guest Redhawk

For the "Rasheed isn't a thug" camp; what was your view on Rasheed after he went after a ref in the PARKING LOT after a game? That was certainly thuggish, in my opinion.

Back on topic:

Interesting how yesterday the PTI boys all but ignored the Bird story. Hell, to me Wilbon was defending Bird.

Solely on the interview, although we have had good dialogue, Gray can certainly be considered an idiot for asking the question as much as any negative opinion we have for Bird.

The only idiot bigger than someone asking a question like that is someone answering a question like that. And, yes, my view of Larry Bird has been changed for the worse after hearing him say these stupid-ass remarks. Although I would have marked out had he said, in his argument, he has little white kids asking him if it's ok for them to play basketball.

Oh, yeah. I'm thuggish and ruggish...

at what point did i say that? i don't think I once mentioned that blacks are the only ones to experience prejudice...the only thing i was talking about was the notion of Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy thinking he's black...i know jews have been persecuted for years, so have native americans, so have asians...

At what point did you imply that only blacks have experienced prejudice, based purely on the color of their skin? When you said the following:

a white guy will NEVER know what it's like to be black, he can listen to all the rap he wants, he can dress however he wants, he can talk however he wants, but he will never know the feeling of walking into a place and being hated simply because his skin is dark...

Sure seems like you're saying that no white person has experienced it. You can revise your comment and say that you were referring only to "Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy" but it's not what you said.

For the "Rasheed isn't a thug" camp; what was your view on Rasheed after he went after a ref in the PARKING LOT after a game? That was certainly thuggish, in my opinion.

Blah blah to me.

They parked near each other. Rasheed started bitching about a call or two in the game and the two got in a argument. The media acted like he stalked down the ref and started pushing him around. They yelled at each other from far away. OOOOHHHH~! I am SURE that NEVER happend before in the history of basketball. A player seeing a offical after a game and bitching about the officiating. NEVER...EVER...

at what point did i say that?  i don't think I once mentioned that blacks are the only ones to experience prejudice...the only thing i was talking about was the notion of Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy thinking he's black...i know jews have been persecuted for years, so have native americans, so have asians...

At what point did you imply that only blacks have experienced prejudice, based purely on the color of their skin? When you said the following:

a white guy will NEVER know what it's like to be black, he can listen to all the rap he wants, he can dress however he wants, he can talk however he wants, but he will never know the feeling of walking into a place and being hated simply because his skin is dark...

Sure seems like you're saying that no white person has experienced it. You can revise your comment and say that you were referring only to "Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy" but it's not what you said.

let's not get silly here, you're being silly for the sake of keeping an argument going...you all know damn well i'm referring to "Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy" when i say that a white man would never know what it's like to be black...you're being petty just for the hell of it by implying that I'M including jews, europians, etc. when i say "white guys"...I guess i figured you would all be smart enough to know what i meant without having to show a difference between American white man and jewish white man or europian white man...i didn't feel the need to get all technical with it, but i guess from now on, if i'm going to get jackass comments all the time, I will...

on that same note, i didn't feel the need to add on to my statement about "being hated because his skin is dark" with things like "or because he has dark hair and a big nose" or "yellow skin and slanted eyes" or "red skin and high cheekbones"...what i was talking about was average white man and average black man...BUT again, if you want me to be technical every freakingn time i type something, i sure will just for you...

Blah blah to me.

That qualifies as thuggish?

Well then here's another thug, or thug-ette.

I'm agreeing with Ripper on a race issue!? Never thought that would happen.

Nuts, forgot to get the story's link -- oh well. It's true...

Senator's Wife Avoids Prosecution

Washington (AP) -  The wife of Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., reached a deal with federal prosecutors Wednesday to avoid prosecution on a misdemeanor assault charge.

Wanda Baucus, 56, will enter a first-time offender program for allegedly assaulting a woman at a garden center in April.

"This is not a guilty plea," her attorney David Schertler told reporters outside the courthouse.

Schertler said once Baucus successfully completes the "diversion program," as it's called, the charges against her will be dropped.

According to the U.S. Attorney's office, to enter the program, a person must not have any prior criminal convictions, excluding traffic offenses. The defendant must also admit to their criminal responsibility, though that is not a guilty plea.

Baucus is expected to perform 40 hours of community service for a nonprofit organization. The program runs six months and during that time she cannot violate any court orders or be rearrested.

Both the defense and prosecution agreed to Baucus entering the program, as did District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Brian Holeman.

Baucus made no comment in the courtroom but told reporters outside she felt "good" about the proceedings. She would not comment further.

"We're satisfied with the resolution of the case," said Schertler.

The senator's wife was arrested Apr. 21 after a dispute at Johnson's Nursery in Northwest Washington. A D.C. Metropolitan Police Department (website - news) spokesman said Baucus was upset that she wasn't getting help loading mulch into her car, while another customer was.

Police said witnesses reported seeing Baucus putting a bag of mulch behind the other woman's car, preventing her from leaving. The two exchanged words, and Baucus allegedly hit her several times.

Calls to Sen. Baucus' office for comment were not returned. In an earlier statement the senator said, "I stand by her 110 percent, and she has my full support."

Wanda Baucus' next court appearance is scheduled for Dec. 2.

let's not get silly here, you're being silly for the sake of keeping an argument going...you all know damn well i'm referring to "Joe Blow upper-class America blonde-haired blue-eyed white boy" when i say that a white man would never know what it's like to be black...you're being petty just for the hell of it by implying that I'M including jews, europians, etc. when i say "white guys"...I guess i figured you would all be smart enough to know what i meant without having to show a difference between American white man and jewish white man or europian white man...i didn't feel the need to get all technical with it, but i guess from now on, if i'm going to get jackass comments all the time, I will...

on that same note, i didn't feel the need to add on to my statement about "being hated because his skin is dark" with things like "or because he has dark hair and a big nose" or "yellow skin and slanted eyes" or "red skin and high cheekbones"...what i was talking about was average white man and average black man...BUT again, if you want me to be technical every freakingn time i type something, i sure will just for you...

Well, no, I'm not being 'silly' or a 'jackass' ... I pointed out a pretty blatant error in what you said (when you said the very vague and ambiguous "white guy") and then you asked when you said it, so I told you. Sorry if it seems petty, and even more sorry that I couldn't read your mind. When I hear "white guy", I presume the speaker means "white guy", not "white-guy American with blonde/blue/middle-class". If you meant that, you should have said that.

BUT again, if you want me to be technical every freakingn time i type something, i sure will just for you...

And don't change for me, Lushus. Stay vague, this will allow you to change what you said to squirm your way out of things when people rationally point out a flaw in your argument. And I truly have no idea what I said to provoke that last paragraph ... I didn't care that you only said "skin was dark". I cared that you said no white man has ever experienced prejudice, when in fact it's not true.

Well, no, I'm not being 'silly' or a 'jackass' ... I pointed out a pretty blatant error in what you said (when you said the very vague and ambiguous "white guy") and then you asked when you said it, so I told you. Sorry if it seems petty, and even more sorry that I couldn't read your mind. When I hear "white guy", I presume the speaker means "white guy", not "white-guy American with blonde/blue/middle-class". If you meant that, you should have said that.

BUT again, if you want me to be technical every freakingn time i type something, i sure will just for you...

And don't change for me, Lushus. Stay vague, this will allow you to change what you said to squirm your way out of things when people rationally point out a flaw in your argument. And I truly have no idea what I said to provoke that last paragraph ... I didn't care that you only said "skin was dark". I cared that you said no white man has ever experienced prejudice, when in fact it's not true.

guess we're playing the quote game all day, that's fine...

I'm not asking you to read my mind, bro, i'm asking you if you feel that i need to spell out every time i make a statement, i will...i want to change for you because i don't want to confuse you...it has nothing to do with squirming...

how many jewish guys (and by that i don't mean the Beastie Boys, i mean like the jews that have long beards and wear those black hats and suits and walk everywhere rather than drive) and euro guys do you see wearing their shorts down to their knees, oversized sports shirts, hats to the side, bling bling everywhere, spouting out ebonics left and right (of course i'm sure you've seen quite a few, right? <_< ) i mean acutal AMERICAN BORN, from the upper class suburbs (which i did specify) average white dude...this is silly that you can't figure it out for yourself...i'm not asking you to read my mind, i'm asking you to be smart and figure it out, you know damn well what i'm refering to and you knew it from the onset...if you want to keep going with this that's fine, i have all day...

Hasidic Jews trying to emulate the "black" look or culture? None. European dudes trying to do it? Actually, quite a few. (I spent a few months in the UK and Europe last year and saw my share of people emulating that look, especially in the city of London.)

Lushus, I'm truly not trying to start a pissing match with you, and completely understand where you're coming from. And this will probably be my last post on the subject, but you have to understand where I'm coming from: on a message board we're all just reading what another person is writing, and because of that, you do sometimes have to be more specific. A vague statement like a white guy will never know what it's like to be hated just because the color of his skin is just not true, and I felt like I had to make that point. Trust me, I agree whole-heartedly that suburban people of ANY race trying to be 'gangsta' is a joke, and that they have no idea of what it's like to be from a sketchy environment.

Truce?

Truce?

Truce...and i do agree with you on one thing, i actually HAVE seen and met some euro-trash morons trying to be "gangsta" so i apolgize for that statement...

i love you too Rip :wub:

A little kid once asked me if it was ok for black message-boarders and white message-boarders to love each other ...

Guest Coffey

You know, if you watched the show instead of reading the transcript, this post wouldn't be this long.

You know, if you watched the show instead of reading the transcript, this post wouldn't be this long.

well we got off on a tangent, mostly my fault...you know how it is big guy...