TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Only The Strong Survive

WWE Raw V.S. Smackdown!

Hopefully, they finally can fit 8 guys into a match and we can have Survivor Series matches and more chaos in the rumbles.

They need to fix the rumbles, period.

Hopefully, they finally can fit 8 guys into a match and we can have Survivor Series matches and more chaos in the rumbles.

They need to fix the rumbles, period.

Really? I think their rumbles right now are near-perfect as is. 6 men is a good number to have (though I'd welcome 8), the action is practically seamless with people getting eliminated and coming in, you can choose whatever number you want or have it random, and even edit the final list to get rid of undesirables (people who were fired/left post-release/divas/McMahons). The only thing I saw that was better was "Attitude," where you could script everyone's entrance number.

But I'm probably holding it in high regard because I remember the worst application of the rumble of all time: "Wrestlemania X8". You had to push A+Y to throw opponents over the ropes, but they hung on and you had to stomp them repeatedly until their stanima turned deep blue, or they would roll back into the ring after 6 seconds. It was too tough to eliminate one person, the ring only held 4, and when there were 3 in the ring you would get double teamed. The worst part about 4 guys is, you know the CPU can handle 7 since JR and King sit at the bottom of the screen (uselessly) and the ref was present during Fatal Fourways. I love playing rumbles, so that game was a waste of $50.00.

Readable PMS scans..which also contain gameplay pics.

scan77.jpg

scan78.jpg

scan79.jpg

scan80.jpg

This game is just looking better and better..but the bad thing is, with all this new stuff theyre implementing, it looks like it may crowd the screen a little. But like in the Benoit/HHH pics evidently you can turn them off in this game too so yea..But it still looks bad ass.

I have to say though, I'm liking the create a belt, although that a create a PPV was never something I was really into..it looks to be good.

Additionally, in tage team matches, your significant other can now break submissions for you, similar to pins.

Thank god. Not being able to do that pissed me off so much in the last three games.

Garrison Cade~!

..so now Rey Mysterio won't be able to lift The Big Show.

They said this for the last game.

Create-a-Belt, Create-a-PPV, etc. all look awesome.

"This game is just looking better and better..but the bad thing is, with all this new stuff theyre implementing, it looks like it may crowd the screen a little."

Don't worry--half of the "new stuff" won't make it into the final game.

Now all it needs is some Jamie Knoble.

I agree. It's stupid how Yukes keeps leaving him out of the Smackdown games when he's been with WWE for 2 years now if someone like Chuck Palumbo can be put in the most recent Smackdown game.

I noticed that Rico's name wasn't even shown on the PSM wrestler list even though he's already been confirmed for the game. Nothing important, obviously, I just thought I'd point that out.

BTW, Randy Orton's ass is blocking Benoit's attributes for some reason, and I don't think HHH's charisma is that high, unless in his case it means heel heat.

I know it's not finalized, but looking at the roster from the PSM article, it lists two Kanes. I have to say, that's so completely stupid and is really fucking unnecessary.

Well, hopefully it's a mistake where they said that you can only use created wrestlers in create-a-ppv [in the above scan]. Because if that's true, there's one feature I won't be bothering with.

I know it's not finalized, but looking at the roster from the PSM article, it lists two Kanes. I have to say, that's so completely stupid and is really fucking unnecessary.

Yeah. Kane with the mask is long gone and Yukes should realize that by now.

It also left out Undertaker.

Guest PlatinumBoy

What I find most amazing is HHH is only a 89 overall! Who do you think will have the highest attributes compared to last game? I figure Eddy, Chavo, Cena, Orton, Batista, and maybe HBK. I can see Booker and RVD going down in ratings.

So what new guys are probably gonna be added on this game?

probably Eugene,La Resistance,Rene Dupree,Luther Reigns,Gail Kim(her submissions will probably have to be changed otherwise she'll be way tougher than the other women) and JBL(left out of the last SD) at least, London,kidman and the FBI are also likely to be included as long as the Holly's and Gunn's of this world are left out.

Any things people want in season mode?

Personally I'd like to see the Highlight Reel used to advance feuds,Cafe de Rene(the set was cool),Some of the Orton/foley stuff,bits of the JBL/Eddie feud(the El Gran luchadore and the bull rope match as the blow off) Undertaker/Heyman angle(i'd like to see the Concrete crypt used as an option where you'd have 4 minutes to win before heyman pulls the lever and even if you win he does it anyway as a little twist to reality) and the musical chairs thing.

The Big Show/Kurt Angle thing will most likely be included since in the last 2 games they've had the nWo/rock ambulance and HBk wheelchair angles which are similar.

the Undertaker/Kane angle will also probably have some of it's stuff in Season mode and if the angle is included then i think Undertaker should be a hidden character(like Michaels and Austin where in Smackdown 2) who has to be defeated at Wrestlemania.

Edited by deancoles411

Well, hopefully it's a mistake where they said that you can only use created wrestlers in create-a-ppv [in the above scan]. Because if that's true, there's one feature I won't be bothering with.

If you read it correctly, it just states that you can use Created Wrestlers in Create-A-PPV. Doesn't say only.

If you read it correctly, it just states that you can use Created Wrestlers in Create-A-PPV. Doesn't say only.

Touche. They were talking about WCW, etc. My bad. ;)

"The title holders will not be linked to season mode"

Make of that what you will.

After reading that, cant help but wonder how much the chopping, the shoving match and staredown will affect gameplay. I mean yeah its cool and it sounds interestingand inovating, but after all this is a game, too much realism can be bad. I'm happy they finally added create a belt i wish they wouldve put create a move but i guess we'll have to wait for that. All in all this is shaping up to be a great game. Ive played and bought every single Smackdown game and probaly this is the one ive been looking forward to the most.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
After reading that, cant help but wonder how much the chopping, the shoving match and staredown will affect gameplay. I mean yeah its cool and it sounds interestingand inovating, but after all this is a game, too much realism can be bad. I'm happy they finally added create a belt i wish they wouldve put create a move but i guess we'll have to wait for that. All in all this is shaping up to be a great game. Ive played and bought every single Smackdown game and probaly this is the one ive been looking forward to the most.

They seem like things that will really add to the multiplayer experience and make the one player game a bit tougher. It's really no different from the submission thing everyone was begging for.

point granted, but it may also distract form the gameplay. Then again untill i play the game i wont know.

The chopping sounds good, but I don't want to be playing against the CPU and have it going into a chop frenzy after minute or so. Could get very annoying.

It'd be pretty cool to see Paul London in there.

The chopping sounds good, but I don't want to be playing against the CPU and have it going into a chop frenzy after minute or so. Could get very annoying.

It'd be pretty cool to see Paul London in there.

Sounds like Yukes is trying to make this Smackdown game TOO MUCH like the WWE style. So would that also mean no more dragon and tiger suplexes, too?

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I could see how it would effect game play, I don't want to make a power themed bad ass who does nothing but chokes and head drops and have to work him through 6 chop battles a match.

If they make it a move instead of a happening I'd be pleased.

Too much of a good thing is definitely a bad thing in the case of the chest chopping/ shoving/ submission "mini-games." If they keep the occurences of these events low enough so that they don't disturb the flow of the match, they'll be welcome and definitely turn up the realism by 200%. I hope they fix the physics because the game engine right now moves WAY too fast if they're trying to represent the real life WWE as closely as possible