TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - 7/26/04 - 60 Minute Iron Man

Guest GreatOne

Yeah when they put the title on Benoit back at, um, Wrestlemania, some near-five months back, it was all for a DVD that'll be out in August, yep.......

Dude, why are you having a fucking heart attack over this anyway? Maybe you should just DROP this eventually.

Some people have it, some don't. But I'll say this: if Benoit didn't have it no way in hell he walks out of Wrestlemania (only the biggest PPV in the business) the champ much less hold onto the belt for five months.

You really believe that HHH vs. a comedy wrestler is the draw here? Once again, that's like saying Rock vs. Billy Gunn was the most important thing five years ago (considering the booking was pretty much Rock vs. the world at that point).

I can't help you, so just whatever..........

1. "All this title reign is doing for..." does not equal "The WWE did this because..." How did you even reach that conclusion?

2. I'm not having a "fucking heart attack" over this. I don't think I'm even _mad_ over it; "mildly frustrated" would be the closest feeling, and even then it's reaching. I dunno how long you've been at this board (PBP, Lurking, whatever), but this is nothing from me. I got all the "anger" out of my system regarding this title reign BEFORE Benoit even had the title.

3. Why do people bring up how long he's held the belt for? What has this reign done for him?? I keep asking the question and it never gets answered. Is he more popular? Is he a "superstar"? If he loses the title does this reign keep him up in the Main Event slot? Is he the focus of the shows on a consistant basis? Is he the most important wrestler on RAW?

4. I think the WWE sees HHH as "the draw" on RAW (among other things). I think the WWE sees Eugene as a "hot property" that has a short-life. HHH/Eugene is getting the most time and attention from the WWE and they have been developing it for months. Why would I see it any other way?

Guest GreatOne
Why do people bring up how long he's held the belt for?  What has this reign done for him??  I keep asking the question and it never gets answered.  Is he more popular?  Is he a "superstar"?

Let's see, as opposed to last year when he was stuck in the midcard going nowhere on Smackdown? I'd say so. Gee what do you think will mean more for him when it's all said and done, going over Brock (assuming Eddie was in what would have been his spot) on a throwaway PPV, or basically beating two guys and making HHH tap at Wrestlemania?

And a superstar? Well the John Heidenreichs and Mavens of the world don't get DVDs. Still waiting for 'The Big Valbowski' too..................

If he loses the title does this reign keep him up in the Main Event slot?  Is he the focus of the shows on a consistant basis?  Is he the most important wrestler on RAW?

So you're complaing about the champion "not being the most important guy" on RAW now but you want Benoit to be AFTER he loses the belt? He will by default, cause 1)the difference between him and Jericho is, as I once outlined, that no one saw Jericho as any more than an upper midcarder (bad booking notwithstanding) and 2)It ain't like there's a whole bunch of credible ME's other than Benoit anyway........

I'm not having a "fucking heart attack" over this.  I don't think I'm even _mad_ over it; "mildly frustrated" would be the closest feeling, and even then it's reaching.  I got all the "anger" out of my system regarding this title reign BEFORE Benoit even had the title.

And that would explain '95% of this board is retarded. Benoit's getting held down, WAAAA!'

So HHH can basically be booked like a chump, which he is by default 'wasting time' with Eugene, yet it's all about the airtime eh?

'Tune into RAW this week as HHH further tries to cement his reputation as 'the very best in this business' by hunting down Eugene', yeah no one'll see that and go 'Eugene? WTF? He gonna go after Edge's IC belt while he's at it?'