TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ill One

Ground Zero word count thread~!

So I guess, like in the good old days, you can just boast or gripe about your word count (or lack there of). I'm actually making progress and am around 3k fluently with about a thousand or so of spots I decided to do then link together.

Where you guys at?

1.8k of intro and I'm ready to actually start the match. And that's without a video package which I'm leaving till the end.

Would have been more, but I'm suddenly addicted to Virtua Tennis 2.

'Less Janus is already done with his match then I think I've channeled his spirits. I've hit 4.5k(ish) and this is just clumps and chunks I feel like writing. Hot damn it feels good to write a match with hope.

'Less Janus is already done with his match then I think I've channeled his spirits. I've hit 4.5k(ish) and this is just clumps and chunks I feel like writing. Hot damn it feels good to write a match with hope.

.... you son of a bitch. I -need- those spirits, dammit.

*stalled right after the entrances* Ain't looking good. *cry*

I have just about 3000 words and i'm pretty much done my first draft but I'm sure that will change some when I edit it. It doesn't really give a word count so I'm not sure how long I should go. My last match had a 3000 word limit so I don't want to do 4000 on this one and go over board either. It will probably end up about 3000-3500 words.

I have just about 3000 words and i'm pretty much done my first draft but I'm sure that will change some when I edit it. It doesn't really give a word count so I'm not sure how long I should go. My last match had a 3000 word limit so I don't want to do 4000 on this one and go over board either. It will probably end up about 3000-3500 words.

With PPV's, there are no word limits, but your place on the card/type of match usually dictates how much you should do.

Since you're new and all, something smaller than what a lot of people would do (Which could be anywhere from 7 - 12 thousand) would be fine. So if you'd like to add some more, or leave it as it is, it's fine. Quality over quantity, as they say, but a good quantity of quality is better, or something.

Guest Aecas

I'm stalled after intros as well. Just can;t seem to kick start the old brain into gear.

I'm at roughly 4k I think (some is at home and some has been done sneakily at work). Seems to be flowing well, but whether it's any good or not is another matter...

Whoa--hoe...I'm writing kinda well.

Started writing about an hour ago. I got in about 2k.

This may be my longest match ever. Doesn't say much.

Trying something new, btw...putting in the intros after the match, so I don't get burnt out and putting the filler shit in first.

2k in an hour? you must write fast. It took me like 6 hours to get 3k and its not even a finished version. I better drink more coffee or something lol.

Guest Horse hockey!

I'm at less than 1k now. Just starting the entrances. Most of the match is planned, just have to write. I have today off, however, so. *cracks knuckles* Also have Sunday off.

2k in an hour? you must write fast. It took me like 6 hours to get 3k and its not even a finished version. I better drink more coffee or something lol.

Once you get in a flow then words can come fast...for the veterans. Still takes me hours to get anything noteworthy done though myself. Then again, I'm incredibly fussy so, meh.

Saying that, it's 5.5k for me, and the way things are going I'm heading for a 15k match at least.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I'm at 6k

Ok change that to 600...

Guest Horse hockey!

Finishing out the day at 1.7k and the bell has just rung. Not flowing as well as I'd expected, but there's still plenty of time.

Look out, now!

I just passed 1.5k, and I'm done for the moment. I'm sure I'll pick it back up in a hour or so...

Not feeling like I'm doing too well though. :ph34r:

Edit - Well, it's now 9:15 CST, and I've just passed 2.4k meaning I wrote probably about 800 words in the last half hour or so. Trucking right along at the moment, but I'm also about to leave to go bowling. I'll pick this up again tonight and hopefully keep at it.

I seriously don't know what's happened to make me so productive, but I'm at 12.4k with a run to the finish and post-match still to do.

I think I've got 'Rando's disease' in parts though, so an edit might shorten it up. Still, I'm on course for 15k. Madness.

I have about 3700 but I'm going to be adding more to the moddle of the match and reviewing it. I think it will probably come in at around 5000 words. I'm still having some major problems with some of the stuff so hopefully I can get it resolved over the weekend.

*Makes a note to crap on Maddix's match when he reviews the PPV Monday*

Well, I'm known to be pretty damn fussy. But I'm sure you'd be crapping on it whever it was 16k or 6k...if it wins, which I'm doubtful on.