TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

The Story of XTREME PRO WRESTLING

http://www.amazon.com/XPW-Class-X-Presents...n/dp/B000Q677FE

XPW Class-X Presents: XPW TV - The Complete First Season (2000)

Actors: Xpw-TV

Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC

Language: English

Region: All Regions

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Number of discs: 2

Rating

Studio: Big Vision

DVD Release Date: August 28, 2007

Run Time: 420 minutes

In the year 2000, Xtreme Professional Wrestling launched XPW TV! Syndicated throughout the United States, XPW TV would run for 4 years and over 130 episodes. Now, for the first time ever the COMPLETE FIRST SEASON of XPW TV is available on DVD. 13 episodes that would lay the groundwork for a wrestling revolution! Featuring Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, Tammy Sytch, Big Dick Dudley, Supreme, "The Real Deal" Damien Steele, Homeless Jimmy, The Messiah, "White Trash" Johnny Webb, Jake Lawless, Kronus, The Public Enemy, The Pit Bulls, "Mr. 80's" Dynamite D, and many, many more including the Women of XPW Lizzy Borden, Kristi Myst, Jessica Darlin, Nicole Bass, and Jasmin St. Claire. All the matches! All the skits! All the insanity that was XPW TV! PLUS - NEVER BEFORE SEEN BONUS FOOTAGE AND UNRELEASED MATCHES!

61BvGSX-OOL._SS500_.jpg

awesome I must have this (not to mention that I can be seen in the front row of two different episodes that first year.)

I'm interested in seeing what the video quality is like. I was somewhat disappointed by the video quality of some of the matches on After the Fall.

You know the best part about the box-art? Carlito fucking Montana is on there, and his picture is bigger than most of the ex-ECW guys!

For anyone interested:

http://highspots.com/product.asp?id=17210

XPW was of the most legendary hardcore wrestling companies in the world! Operating outside the norm of permits and safety regulations XPW's deathmatch tournamnets were what legends are made of. Banned from venues, over capacity crowds, over the top risks by wrestlers, XPW was known for it all! XPW's King of the Deathmatch Tournament was an annual tradition which featured legends and future stars of hardcore wrestling and now these legendary events "Baptized in Blood" 1 & 2 are together in one release LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE!

"Baptized in Blood 1"

First Round Matches:

Supreme vs. Kaos - Beds of Barbwire and Nails Match

"White Trash" Johnny Webb vs. The Messiah - Barbed Wire Ladder and Thumbtack Match

Kronus vs. Carlito Montana - Beds of Barbed Wire and Light Bulbs Match

"Homeless" Jimmy vs. Axl Rotten - Barbed Wire Bat, Bed of Nails and Glass Match

Second Round Matches:

Axl Rotten vs. Kronus - Beds of Light Bulbs & Glass and Barbed Wire Bat Match

Supreme vs. The Messiah - Beds of Barbed Wire, Thumb Tacks and Nails Match

Final Match of the Tournament:

Supreme vs. Kronus - No Rope Barbed Wire Beds of Everything Match

Additional Matches:

"The Real Deal" Damien Steel vs. Chris Candido w/ Tammy Sytch - XPW Title Match

Chronic vs J.N.

With additional appearances by Shane Douglas, Nicole Bass, Jake Lawless, Lizzy Borden, Kris Kloss, Larry Rivera and more!

"Baptized in Blood 2"

First Round Matches:

"Vicious" Vic Grimes vs. Kraq w/ Angel - Beds of Barbed Wire and Nails

"White Trash" Johnny Webb vs. Nozawa - Ladders Wrapped in Barbed Wire, Beds of Thumb Tacks

Kronus vs. "Homeless" Jimmy - Beds of Light Bulbs & Thumb Tacks Match

"The Jiggalo" Steve Rizzano vs. Pogo the Clown vs. Supreme - Beds of Barbed Wire & Thumb Tacks

Second Round Matches:

Supreme vs "White Trash" Johnny Webb w/ Jessica Darlin - Beds of Nails, Thumb Tacks & Barbed Wire.

"Vicious" Vic Grimes vs. "Homeless" Jimmy - Beds of Light Bulbs, Thumb Tacks & Barbed Wire

Final Match of the Tournament:

Supreme vs. "Vicious" Vic Grimes -No Rope-Barbed Wire, Beds of Light Bulbs & Tables

Additional Matches:

Veronica Caine w/ Kaos and Steve Rizzano vs. Lizzy Borden

Juventud Guerrera vs. Kaos

The Messiah vs. Tool

New Jack vs. "Mr. 80's" Dynamite D

With additional apearances by Tool, Josh Lazie, Rob Black, Kris Kloss, Larry Rivera and more!

PLUS - NEVER BEFORE SEEN BONUS FOOTAGE FROM THE XPW FAN CAM AND SPECIAL ALTERNATIVE COMMENTARY FROM SUPREME, KAOS, "WHITE TRASH" JOHNNY WEBB, ANGEL AND MORE!

Ok, dude if you get it first give us a review and let us know about the quality.

I picked it up for 15 bucks at Bestbuy the other day. The quality definitely sucks but hey, it's XPW and it was 15 bucks. Then again, this is only based on watching the first and second episodes, maybe production picks up after and the quality is better.

I've only been exposed to a handful of XPW matches before this so it's my first time watching the actual tv show. Was every episode just match highlights? Because I was kinda dissapointed with the first episode. It was just clipped beyond belief and badly edited.

Ok, dude if you get it first give us a review and let us know about the quality.

I picked it up for 15 bucks at Bestbuy the other day. The quality definitely sucks but hey, it's XPW and it was 15 bucks. Then again, this is only based on watching the first and second episodes, maybe production picks up after and the quality is better.

I've only been exposed to a handful of XPW matches before this so it's my first time watching the actual tv show. Was every episode just match highlights? Because I was kinda dissapointed with the first episode. It was just clipped beyond belief and badly edited.

bets buy has it?damn I need to get there

most of the first shows had clipped highlights, but ehy did wind up showing full matches more often, unless this dvd is edited somehow (and how can you call it a season 1 set, the show was on every week there was no season)

oh and I did find that nsync XPW TV intro and put it on dvd, weird to see wrestling highlights set to boy band music

I finally picked up the 1st season dvd yesterday at FYE (it was only 20 bucks, not bad). Cool the episodes that have me int he audience are on there. the quality isnt too great, but then again look at the source videos they had to work with (alot of jumpy images) bad thing is intros and some matches are clipped due to the music. anyhow cool beans to see some of the old xpw v episodes, I hope more volumes are to come

I saw at deepdiscount.com that season 2 of xpw tv is coming out in jan. I preorderd it its only 12.59 right now

Heres the description

DVD Features:

3-Disc Set - Keep Case

Audio:

(unspecified) - English

Distributor Notes: ONE SEASON OF XPW TV JUST WASN’T ENOUGH - THE FANS DEMANDED MORE - AND THEY GOT IT!

FEATURING THE MOST IMPORTANT MATCH IN XPW HISTORY TO THIS POINT:

XPW WORLD CHAMPION SABU VS. "THE LIVING LEGEND" TERRY FUNK!

But after the legendary "GO FUNK YOURSELF" event, XPW would not do another live event for nearly 4 months! What could XPW do to keep their TV show interesting? Season 2 would answer that question!

Packed with the classic XPW characters including Supreme, Kristi Myst, Messiah, Lizzy Borden, White Trash Johnny Webb, Jessica Darlin, Kid Kaos, “Mr. 80’s” Dynamite D, Kronus, Homeless Jimmy, Pogo The Clown, Carlito Montana, Nosawa, Kraq, "The Gigolo" Steve Rizzono, , Tracy Smothers, Mexico’s Most Wanted (Damien 666, Halloween, and Rey Misterio, Sr.), The WSN (Chronic, Bigg Rott, and JN), Uncle Pauly, Rocco & Jocko and more!

Featuring the BITTER FEUDS and CLASSIC SEGMENTS in XTREME WARS

SUPREME w/ KRISTI MYST VS. MESSIAH w/ LIZZY BORDEN including the LEGENDARY KING OF THE DEATHMATCH TITLE MATCH! And TOOL w/ LUIS CYPHER vs. "WHITE TRASH" JOHNNY WEBB w/ JESSICA DARLIN including the famous "Violation of Jessica" vignette.

PLUS: Some of the GREATEST Rob Black segments in XPW history including "The Doghouse," "Introducing NC," and ROB’S PERSONAL "SHOOT" ON PAUL HEYMAN after thing got EXTREME in XPW’s backyard!

And FINALLY REVEALED: WHY HOMELESS JIMMY IS HOMELESS!

BONUS FOOTAGE: SINCE SEASON 2 DID NOT CONTAIN MANY ACTUAL WRESTLING MATCHES - WE’VE PACKED THIS DVD SET WITH OVER AN HOUR OF NEVER BEFORE RELEASED MATCHES!

Source: First Look Home Entertainment

Guest bushwickray

I got season 2 yesterday. Some of those later episodes are just all skits. It's really weird. I alos got the baptised in blood 2-pack. If you have the orginal episodes don't bother with this one. The commentary tracks aren' insigtful at all. It'd be like getting the rise and fall of ecw and having buh-buh ray do interviews in his old charcter. But I am enjoying XPW season sets. Bring on some more!

I got Season 1 last night, and if you have Hardcore Conception and The Revolution Will Be Televised, even the original Baptized in Blood, skip the first disc entirely. It's all badly produced recaps, which is understandable regarding Revolution... as that was just a tape about XPW TV. Disc 2 is actually fairly entertaining, as the Lazie/Black feud over XPW's ownership was decently booked, and the rise of Kid Kaos is fun to watch, as is the beginning of the Supreme/Axl feud post-deathmatch tourney.

Nah, not the dumbest. You ever seen Sullivan's booking of WCW in between Russo's stints? Much worse than XPW. At least XPW had the "so bad it's entertaining" factor to it.

At this point, I am going to be brief and vague for his privacy reasons, but I am very happy to report that I have located Damien Steele (John Cena's trainer) and he is doing well. If you know anything about the stories that were going around and his personal situation over the past 8 years, you know how much of a surprise and relief this is.

I remember you typing it up here about Steele's personal issues, and I'm actually glad to hear he's doing good. He's the kind of wrestler that COULD stand out if he worked a LITTLE better (most of the matches of his I've seen were him trying to go faster and do more than he actually should've been), but he was undoubtedly charismatic and had a good look.

Nah, not the dumbest. You ever seen Sullivan's booking of WCW in between Russo's stints? Much worse than XPW. At least XPW had the "so bad it's entertaining" factor to it.
I respectfully disagree, WCW may have had bad booking but at least it had good wrestlers on it's roster - XPW can't make the same boasts

XPW can make the same boasts, though. Johnny Webb, The Messiah, Dynamite D, and Homeless Jimmy were all very entertaining in the ring. As were Kid Kaos, Steve Rizzono, and Carlito Montana. Let's not forget about the ECW/WCW guys who stopped in, namely Juventud Guerrera, The Sandman, Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, and Sabu. Are you telling me that NONE of those have ever had a good match? The only one I'd put above the "above average" mark, in truth, is Jerry Lynn, but each are good enough, and often better than what we saw on WCW television each week due to various restrictions. WCW's booking was so bad it hurt the in-ring product. XPW was overall bad, but it was entertainingly bad. XPW were the Troma/Cult B-flick of wrestling: they're bad, but it was fun to watch.

XPW can make the same boasts, though. Johnny Webb, The Messiah, Dynamite D, and Homeless Jimmy were all very entertaining in the ring. As were Kid Kaos, Steve Rizzono, and Carlito Montana. Let's not forget about the ECW/WCW guys who stopped in, namely Juventud Guerrera, The Sandman, Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, and Sabu. Are you telling me that NONE of those have ever had a good match? The only one I'd put above the "above average" mark, in truth, is Jerry Lynn, but each are good enough, and often better than what we saw on WCW television each week due to various restrictions. WCW's booking was so bad it hurt the in-ring product. XPW was overall bad, but it was entertainingly bad. XPW were the Troma/Cult B-flick of wrestling: they're bad, but it was fun to watch.
LOL no they can't make the same claim about talented people - Dynamite was entertaining but not talented the other guys you mention have their place, in garbage matches which isn't the same as talent. Sandman, Douglas & Candido were over the hill by the time they came to XPW, even more so than when they worked for WCW. Juventud? sure he was entertaining. Lynn? Talented and entertaining. Sabu? If you like that kind of thing yes, he can fly, yes he can (sometimes) land on ya but his bread and butter is the garbage match NOT wrestling. and I'm saying that few of the people named in the time period they were in XPW put on entertaining wrestling matches and none as consistently as the WCW guys, few were as talented as WCW's mid-card.

By your own admission they were "good enough" and "overall bad". It wasn't so bad it was fun to watch, it was JUST BAD period. they're the only wrestling tapes I ever threw out after buying them, it was that horrible.

But Sullivan-era WCW 2000 was BETTER than XPW? Sorry, sir, we will have to disagree entirely here. At least XPW had forward motion, even if the vacating of their "World" title three times in its first year of existence was a horrible booking idea, or pitting Rob Black as the top heel was shit since a good chunk of the fans there didn't give two shits about him, or pushing itself as "out with the old, in with the new" hardcore wrestling while basing most of their early main events off of wrestlers who made their name in ECW wasn't so bright...

...BUT AT LEAST SHIT HAPPENED, MAN!

Wasn't XPW also the place where Ron Killings got his start? And they also had Mexico's most wanted and Damian/Halloween> WCW 2000.

And anything was better than Sullivan's WCW 2000. Even Ice Ribbon

But Sullivan-era WCW 2000 was BETTER than XPW? Sorry, sir, we will have to disagree entirely here. At least XPW had forward motion, even if the vacating of their "World" title three times in its first year of existence was a horrible booking idea, or pitting Rob Black as the top heel was shit since a good chunk of the fans there didn't give two shits about him, or pushing itself as "out with the old, in with the new" hardcore wrestling while basing most of their early main events off of wrestlers who made their name in ECW wasn't so bright...

...BUT AT LEAST SHIT HAPPENED, MAN!

Yes "shit" happened very aptly put. You're comparing ALL the events that happened over the course of XPW to the short time Sullivan booked WCW (few months) then yes it had more forward motion but you're comparing several years to a few months, naturally more will happen in years since it's chronologically longer and you can fit in more stuff even if the stuff was crap then yes a lot happened - but is "something happening" in itself something to aspire to? are you saying that a turd rolling down the hill on fire is something to aspire to? a booking era that saw Chris Benoit win the WCW world title trumps anything and EVERYTHING that XPW did.

You're saying yourself "it was crappy" and I'm agreeing with that.

But I'm saying it was entertaining crap. I'd rather watch XPW than watch the hideousness of Sullivan's placeholder reign in early 2000. True, Benoit got the belt, but it was exactly what it was: a bribery to try and get him to stay with the sinking ship. Then he went to McMahon and was pushed into a top feud right away, had a few WWF Title shots during the year, and became a top guy by the end of 2003, and was one of the most over people on the entire roster until...well, we know until when.

See, I'd rather see people at least trying to be a little different, even if they're just ripping off somebody else who had more success than they did, than see Sid, Nash, Flair, and Funk feuding with each other for no true rhyme or reason. Sullivan's early 2000 WCW run is similar to Mantel's "I'M IN CHARGE" run in TNA from late '03 until about mid '05 or so when D'Amore took over: not much happening, and what was happening was a slowed down, poor rendition of things that worked much better elsewhere.

And yes, I'm saying a turd rolling down the hill on fire IS something to aspire to. At least compared to a turd standing still. I'd rather have forward motion than no motion at all, dig?

Sorry to slightly derail the XPW thread- but I always thought Benoit winning the title was a last ditch effort from Russo to keep his job? I though he was fired after Souled Out not before. Then again, The Nitro before Souled Out just reeked of bad Sullivan booking (George Steele, Tito Santana and Snuka show up out of nowhere and all go over the then U.S. champ, Jarrett in one night ).

Sorry to slightly derail the XPW thread- but I always thought Benoit winning the title was a last ditch effort from Russo to keep his job? I though he was fired after Souled Out not before. Then again, The Nitro before Souled Out just reeked of bad Sullivan booking (George Steele, Tito Santana and Snuka show up out of nowhere and all go over the then U.S. champ, Jarrett in one night ).

Russo was sent home the Thursday before Souled Out. The last Nitro before it was all Russo.

Wasn't XPW also the place where Ron Killings got his start?

Definitely not. He was already a fairly big superstar before coming to XPW in June or July 2002.

Also, I have some new videos up about the Extreme Associates vs. United States case. If you only have time to watch one, watch the first link as that's the final version. The other one is kind of a draft of the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmsgkO--zc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ntuzU5R9nLw

I also have another Rob Black video up: http://youtube.com/watch?v=e7q10xUqCkg

Also, I found out yesterday that Wanker Wang, an old XPW employee, died under shady circumstances late last year. More info at http://lukeford.net/blog/?p=929

The reunion show is back on!

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=29131&p=1

Last year, PWInsider.com mentioned that a reunion show of sorts featuring stars from the Los Angeles-based Xtreme Pro Wrestling was being put together. While the event was put on hold since Big Vision Entertainment (which now owns the rights to the XPW name and tape library) were busy working on Wrestling Society X and other projects, they are currently putting together plans for a May 2008 event titled XPW: Hell Freezes Over, which will be taped in the Los Angeles area for an eventual DVD release. The show is being designed as a one-time show that, at this point, is not being coined a "reunion" show since a number of names that worked the promotion won't be involved for obvious reasons, including Rob Black, the Messiah and Kristi Myst. The show will be promoted via website www.thexpw.com