TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Is Randy thread for 08.16.04

Well anyway, I just watched the show a little bit ago, and I have to say that it was excellent. I really didn't see Evolution turning on Randy for at least two or three months yet, especially after Orton turned the crowd against him at the beginning of the show. When HHH gave Orton the thumbs down, that was just a golden moment; much better than anything the WWE has put out recently. The only thing I didn't like was a little too much emphasis on the Kane stuff, as I did get pretty bored by the end of the IC Title match.

However, the WWE finally has the one thing they've been missing with their flashes of good shows for the last couple years: a really hot main event storyline. If Unforgiven's main evented by Orton/HHH, it will probably do a higher buyrate than Summerslam, and while it will be more the stortyline than the performers, on some level Orton will be a top-level draw.

I should note that my exuberance towards the turn at the end wasn't so much for the turn itself, but how it was done. They got the absolutely perfect shots.

Was it weird for anyone else to see Orton getting beaten down by Evolution? I can usually imagine stuff well and thus not much looks odd to me, but it was jarring to see that going on.

EDIT: Another thought about the end of Raw...

HHH is yelling right in Orton's face, three familiar tuba notes are played, and the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays as the show ends and the WWE logo flashes.

The other thing was that it was done quick. As someone said, it could have been coming over several shows, but they did it so quickly that it caught us all by suprise, even if the plot development was pretty obvious.

And the fact that the beatdown was fast and fierce made the Finisher Exhibition that's always included seem more interesting.

HHH is yelling right in Orton's face, three familiar tuba notes are played, and the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays as the show ends and the WWE logo flashes.

Nothing ever goes right for poor Randy.

HHH should make him wear a sign that says "I Steal Belts From Stable Leaders" or something.

That reminds me: parents be damned, Curb Your Enthusiasm Volumes 1 and 2 go with me to school. Godfather too. I'm raiding the DVD shelves.