TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Is Randy thread for 08.16.04

That actually had me glued to the tube with my mouth wide open...that's how you do it man!!!!!

I loved it.....The thumbs down and then Orton's reaction were both pricesless

The silence of JR and King just made it seem all that more brutal

GREATEST RAW ENDING IN A LONG LONG TIME

Was JR crying at the end?

His blue-chipper boyfriend just got slaughtered (another dumbass angle in 2002). Of course he's crying.

And he mumbled "Is Evolution...really the solution?" dramatically at the end.

That was the BEST executed Angle I've seen in YEARS. I don't know about you...but I was into it. They really had a good story there with Triple H acting as the mentor...

*Thumbs down*

Awesome. Godfather like.

Dames

Hells yeah. I just wonder if they should have waited a little longer.

Nevermind. That really would have sucked to see an Orton centric Evolution.

I was praying Batista would Electric Chair Drop him, but didn't really think it would happen until I saw the thumbs down.

So does Orton become vengeful face that can't get backup or does he form an anti-Evolution force with, say, Benoit and Y2J (anticipating Edge in Evolution)?

That was the BEST executed Angle I've seen in YEARS. I don't know about you...but I was into it. They really had a good story there with Triple H acting as the mentor...

*Thumbs down*

Awesome. Godfather like.

Dames

I was thinking the same thing.

Was JR crying at the end?

His blue-chipper boyfriend just got slaughtered (another dumbass angle in 2002). Of course he's crying.

And he mumbled "Is Evolution...really the solution?" dramatically at the end.

I noticed that, too.

It so will be a T-shirt.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

This should be a classic thread... and HHH just solidified his rep as the Satan of the WWE.

Beautiful.

If they are SERIOUS about getting Orton over with the crowd as a heel...this is what they should do.  He should LOSE tonight's match to Benoit, giving him the title back. 

Orton would be CRUSHED since the announcers and wrestlers would call his victory a fluke.  Triple H could still be the leader of Evolution, going after the World Title and such.  His consolation for Orton is to tell him that regardless of how long his title reign was, it was at SummerSlam and THAT's the match that's remembered, that's the match thats on the video stores, that's the match that goes on the annual highlight reels.  Keeping Orton in his place...

Orton would then be on a MISSION to win the World Title back...but was actually most concerned with how long his title reign would be.  He ends up winning the World Title and holds it til Wrestlemania (making a BIG DEAL about his first title defense, which is an automatic draw with an over champion), where Triple H goes for the shot.  Triple H tries to tell him that he doesn't want to hurt him, so Orton should just make it easy on him in their match.  Orton is of course appalled and tells him that he doesn't have to listen to him.  He won the World Title defeating a man that he couldn't (Benoit), he was the youngest champion, Triple H was how old?  They wouldn't come to blows, but eventually Flair brings them together and agrees to a stipulation match.  The winner of the match is not only the World Champion, but the leader of Evolution and the loser is kicked out. 

Dames

You NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, make the HEEL the guy chasing the title going into Mania.

Mania should be about good triumphing over evil, PERIOD.

It's TWO MEGA over guys at that point. People would WANT to see this match with my plan.

If you stack up the rest of the card, that would be a great, great match.

Evolution is a coolish group and they're getting more cheers than boos, so a stip like that would draw the crowd in.

Dames

I understand that, Dames and if you were talking about ANY OTHER PPV I'd be like HOT DAMN, DAMES YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

But... it's WrestleMania.

Sometimes you got to take a chance. I am CONFIDENT that a storyline as rich as that one...would draw in fans if it was promoted right. You have to have a STRONG undercard though and that can be done with this roster.

Dames

So does Orton become vengeful face that can't get backup or does he form an anti-Evolution force with, say, Benoit and Y2J (anticipating Edge in Evolution)?

I think they should have him drop the title, ASAP.

Build him up as being really bitter and plotting. A slow build to Wrestlemania.

The thing is, HHH wa smiling and giving the thumbs up, I knew instantly as soon as he said You are the man" but now with a serious face...right there even before the thumbs down, I knew what was going to happen, and I couldnt believe it.

I can't praise that ending enough

*Thumbs down*

Awesome. Godfather like.

Dames

Now here's a guy who knows how it is, Godfather-style beatings need an increased presence in WWE>

If they are SERIOUS about getting Orton over with the crowd as a heel...this is what they should do.  He should LOSE tonight's match to Benoit, giving him the title back. 

Orton would be CRUSHED since the announcers and wrestlers would call his victory a fluke.  Triple H could still be the leader of Evolution, going after the World Title and such.  His consolation for Orton is to tell him that regardless of how long his title reign was, it was at SummerSlam and THAT's the match that's remembered, that's the match thats on the video stores, that's the match that goes on the annual highlight reels.  Keeping Orton in his place...

Orton would then be on a MISSION to win the World Title back...but was actually most concerned with how long his title reign would be.  He ends up winning the World Title and holds it til Wrestlemania (making a BIG DEAL about his first title defense, which is an automatic draw with an over champion), where Triple H goes for the shot.  Triple H tries to tell him that he doesn't want to hurt him, so Orton should just make it easy on him in their match.  Orton is of course appalled and tells him that he doesn't have to listen to him.  He won the World Title defeating a man that he couldn't (Benoit), he was the youngest champion, Triple H was how old?  They wouldn't come to blows, but eventually Flair brings them together and agrees to a stipulation match.  The winner of the match is not only the World Champion, but the leader of Evolution and the loser is kicked out. 

Dames

You NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, make the HEEL the guy chasing the title going into Mania.

Mania should be about good triumphing over evil, PERIOD.

It's TWO MEGA over guys at that point. People would WANT to see this match with my plan.

If you stack up the rest of the card, that would be a great, great match.

Evolution is a coolish group and they're getting more cheers than boos, so a stip like that would draw the crowd in.

Dames

I understand that, Dames and if you were talking about ANY OTHER PPV I'd be like HOT DAMN, DAMES YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

But... it's WrestleMania.

Sometimes you got to take a chance. I am CONFIDENT that a storyline as rich as that one...would draw in fans if it was promoted right. You have to have a STRONG undercard though and that can be done with this roster.

Dames

And HHH would bring his A-game, as I'm sure this whole angle is his idea.

Guest Staravenger
The best RAW ending since Foley won the title in 98.

Depends. The live crowd saw it in 98. The TV Audience saw it in 99.

They just shot their load in one night, but we'll see how this turns out.

Either way.... that whole beatdown was FUCKING AWESOME~! Horsemen style beatdown, thumbs down, BATISTA~!... I mean the whole damn thing ruled. So what will Orton's theme be now?

I was praying Batista would Electric Chair Drop him, but didn't really think it would happen until I saw the thumbs down.

I actually think we'll see a 'Orton feeling sorry for himself, head buried in hands character' for a while. Talking about how he can't believe Evo did that to him.

but of course I'm probaly wrong. So yea.

*Thumbs down*

Awesome. Godfather like.

*Triple H claps for him, gives him thumbs up---turns to thumbs down*

Orton (expressionless): "I know what you're doing, Hunter. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

*Orton gets electric chair dropped and goes blank*

Ric Flair: "Randy, you're nothing to us now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. We don't want to know you or what you do. We don't want to see you at the hotels, we don't want you near any of our houses. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

Batista: "..Wait, what was that last part?"

....You know who's booking this angle.

I don't care WHAT you say, I don't care WHAT you think of the guy, Triple H deserves credit for putting this angle together. He's got to be booking his own angles at this point and he's always been an NWA fan, admitting that he watches classic matches all the time.

Maybe Triple H in control isn't THAT bad...

Dames

Ladies and gents, it's moments like this which is why I have been, am, and forever will be...a pro wrestling fan.

Sit through the shit and eventually, EVENTUALLY, they'll hand out the gold.

A classic moment, straight from a classic era, played out on TV to absolute perfection. One of the best turns in history from start to bottom, after a pretty damn good match from Benoit/Orton.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I actually think we'll see a 'Orton feeling sorry for himself, head buried in hands character' for a while. Talking about how he can't believe Evo did that to him.

but of course I'm probaly wrong. So yea.

It would make sense to do that. It would really give them a chance to make Orton a true main eventer.