TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Is Randy thread for 08.16.04

Say what you want, that was a page out of Old School NWA

Like the Horsemen turning on Luger or Sting.

Exactly.

Thanks to WWE for not dragging this out with teases for months. That would've sucked. People who say they should've saved this for Mania are forgetting that's another 7 months away. This angle needed to be told right away while the fire is hot.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I like that when I return to OAORaw, people clamor for classic. Makes me feel good, which hasn't happened muich with CWM always hurting my feelings. :(

This was also the first OAO Raw thread I've cared about since I was suspended.

January 20, 2003 - August 16, 2004

Wow I just remembered I was at the show that Evolution formed. It seems so long ago.

But does it agree with what you know.

....You know who's booking this angle.

I don't care WHAT you say, I don't care WHAT you think of the guy, Triple H deserves credit for putting this angle together. He's got to be booking his own angles at this point and he's always been an NWA fan, admitting that he watches classic matches all the time.

Maybe Triple H in control isn't THAT bad...

Dames

Exactly what I said earlier, and I'm glad that someone agrees with me.

Amen.

Predictable swerve but the execution and subsequent beatdown were awesome. Ortons reaction after the thumbs down was classic. I'm kinda dissapointed as I was hoping that Batista would be the one to break way from Evolution and turn face but this works just as well.

Now how in the HELL do you draw this out until WrestleMania?

BTW, Benoit still rules. Snap fishermans suplex, baby.

Fuck it, you know what. I've had so much fun watching Raw, talking about this tonight...

I mean, even the title of the thread says it ALL.

It's going Classic tonight.

Dames

All the little details were perfect

1) HHH's smile turning serious, doing the thumbs down, and then pointing at Batista and saying now

2) Randy Orton's face when the thumbs down was doen, and saying "fuuuuck"

3) JR yelling "Oooooooooooooooooooooh" when Batista dropped Orton from his shoulders. He made it seem like he felt it himself. Meanwhile King sounding baffled saying "Wait" "what the"

4) Flair's evil smile

5) JR and King's silence

I like that when I return to OAORaw, people clamor for classic. Makes me feel good, which hasn't happened muich with CWM always hurting my feelings. :(

Same here. This was the first OAORaw thread I participate in a while. It kicked ass. There is something cool about watching eveyone pick out different things from the same match. Someone always calls the ending way in advance.

I was praying Batista would Electric Chair Drop him, but didn't really think it would happen until I saw the thumbs down.

So does Orton become vengeful face that can't get backup or does he form an anti-Evolution force with, say, Benoit and Y2J (anticipating Edge in Evolution)?

I actually think we'll see a 'Orton feeling sorry for himself, head buried in hands character' for a while. Talking about how he can't believe Evo did that to him.

but of course I'm probaly wrong. So yea.

RNN makes a return!

"I'm sure the fans are concerned about YOUR new world champ, and I just wanted everyone to know that my head and ego are at 87.3%! Keep sending your cards and letters, they're making all the difference!"

*DDP-esque smile*

*big thumbs up*

*fade out*

Hold on there!

This has been a Triple team effort. Me, you, and MUGAZsasz deserve most of the credit here....

....and throw in Quik for that Carmella/Benoit picture too.

The most fun that I've had on TSM in quite some time.

Orton as the vengeful babyface could work. Girls already like him and his finisher is cool to bring the young crowd that like to emulate moves in. His tough matches and the fact that he IS champion is enough to earn the respect of the tough men.

Orton and Edge team up to take on Flair & Batista. Play up the fact that Flair & Batista were 2 Time Tag Champs. The match is GREAT as Orton is just taking a beating from Evolution, with him trying to get the hot tag to Edge ...he makes the tag....and Edge joins Evolution for another beatdown.

Edge, the man that took his Intercontinetal Title, took his place in Evolution...

Dames

Guest Staravenger

Now that the board is working, I can say what I was going to an hour or so ago. This was one of the first RAW's I enjoyed from opening to end. Even the Diva Search crap was fun because everyone was trash talking Camilla Gorilla.

The magnitude of the Orton turn made the board collapse.

Only Randy's washboard abs could cause such a catastrophe! Divas be damned!

Raw was great tonight, from beginning to end. The only thing that got on my nerves was how much Lawler was hyping the wedding next week and you could see JR was getting mad he was talking over him. I started thinking the diva wannabe's were scripted to say they wanted Carmilla out, and what's with them voting off the blondes? Oh well

Guest GreatOne

Let's see:

Edge/Jericho I-C? Yeah.

The EvoOrton split. Done.

Benoit still in the uppercard for now? Yep.

Annoying shit (Kane/Lita, divacrap) kept to a minimum? Yeah.

Hawks go in and whoop that ass like they should have done in January? Oops preseason and wrong thread/area.

Good night for me :headbang:

That was the 1st time in a long time that WWE has made me feel any emotion what so ever . Very good show and the ending even though obvious was great . Is there gonna be anywhere the ending segment can be found on the net ?

For once, HHH NEEDS to win the title at Unforgiven, an unsure, broken Orton falls as easy prey to HHH, and starts to build himself back, reaches the Rumble and wins it and gets his revenge at WrestleMania dethroning HHH and regaining his title.

The magnitude of the Orton turn made the board collapse.

Only Randy's washboard abs could cause such a catastrophe! Divas be damned!

I guess we can all agree that Randy has ariven...

I wholeheartedly agree. This reign is the appetizer for the main course for Orton. As in he gets it all, then BAM, it's all taken away via massive interference and an Edge heel turn (that was one HELL of a great idea, Edge joining Evolution). I figure to make HHH/Orton work at WM Orton has to be chasing a heel HHH for the title, which doesn't make sense. Thus, HHH has to win it fairly soon to strike while the iron is hot, and then Orton goes through Batista, Flair (adds to the Legend Killer schtick), and of course the now heel Edge. Thus, we'll be roughly at the Rumble when all that happens, and Orton wins it. Then, he finally gets Hunter at WM.

I doubted this feud before tonight, but now I think this will draw big money. Great show tonight.

So how similar was this to the Horseman kicking out Sting?

It's a full circle, now Flair gets to play the Ole Anderson role, and even give that Ole promo where he gives Orton the ultimatum before HHH attacks him.

Great, great ending though.

Give it up for the production crew also. They showed HHH give the thumbs down, than jumped quickly to Randys reaction, and then perfectly back in time for HHH to give Batista the "now".

Guest GreatOne

I'm fairly certain that Vince got a lot of flak for Mania 16. Now that HHH is a McMahon for all intents and purposes, I doubt he wants any of it for being the first heel to win the world title at Mania (you can make the Austin argument but as JR would say, that was destined for the same fate as making John Wayne a Nazi, the crapper).

To see Randy play a face again, just so weird.

For once, HHH NEEDS to win the title at Unforgiven, an unsure, broken Orton falls as easy prey to HHH, and starts to build himself back, reaches the Rumble and wins it and gets his revenge at WrestleMania dethroning HHH and regaining his title.

As much as I hate that, its better than HHH winning the Rumble.