TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Undertaker & Edge upset at fan reactions

Undertaker and Edge were said to be noticeably upset backstage with the reactions from their respective matches last night. For those who missed it, Edge was loudly booed in his hometown of Toronto while the fans chanted "Spanish Tables" and did the wave during Taker's match with JBL.

The word I received on Edge was that he was stunned and somewhat dumbfounded by the way that the crowd reacted to him. Taker was said to be pretty ticked off at the fan reaction to his match. Others in the company felt that the fan’s treatment of the Dead Man was inevitable considering how little interaction Taker had with JBL in the weeks leading up to their bout, as well as the fact that JBL has not really been put over by anyone except Eddie Guerrero. There is a feeling among a number of people in the company that Taker's lack of interaction with the champ made the match, and JBL himself, seem unimportant to the fans and thus helped lead to last night's reaction.

Speaking of Taker, originally, there was a lot of talk that Jon Heidenreich would get involved with Undertaker’s match at the PPV, costing him the decision against JBL. The word making the rounds yesterday though was that they shelved that idea for now in favor of having a rematch between JBL and Taker, leaving Heidenreich out in the cold. There are a number of people who think that Taker played off of his power to avoid a feud with the green Heidenreich due to the fact that he knew it would make for bad matches, but that is just a theory at this point.

credit: PWInsider

Guest The Last Free Voice

I think we can all forgive taker of holding down Hidenreich. He did us a favor, if this is true.

I must say, UT gets a high-five for getting the kilbosh put on this upcoming feud with Heidenreich, if in fact UT was the one responsible. And if he wasn't, a high-five to whomever was.

The word making the rounds yesterday though was that they shelved that idea for now in favor of having a rematch between JBL and Taker

UGH, that's the last thing I needed to read! :angry:

It's better than Heidenreich. I still say Taker wins the belt next month, drops to Angle at Series, who drops to Eddie at Mania. Good times.

Guest Eugene`

There was one last part to that article on pwinsider that I found very interesting.

There was also talk backstage that Undertaker and Kurt Angle, who are both clearly the power players in the Smackdown locker room (some people even call them the Triple H's of Smackdown) want to build up their characters for an eventual program where they work against each other as the clear top two stars of the Smackdown brand down the line. They clearly seem to want to position themselves as the top two men on the current roster, including the current champion. Sources close to the situation told me that Angle lobbied to get his win yesterday over Guerrero and would also like to have the WWE Title when he eventually faces off with the Taker. Angle is also said to be pitching for a TV match between he and Guerrero that will then lead to an angle where Luther Reigns is put in a program with Guerrero, and is pushed as a monster.

Kurt Helmsley!?!?!?

Guest Fook

There's been talk of Angle's growing political ways for a while now.

As long as Vince realizes that there's no way Angle can work even remotely near a full schedule then I don't see a problem.

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

Note to those in OVW: If the WWE offers you a spot complete with interviews and a feud with the Undertaker JUST SAY NO!

Or maybe you can say yes, after awhile you will just have to go back to OVW anyways.

Hey maybe they will bring up Matt Morgan?

Please stop making threads about the Toronto fans

Maybe they'll understand if you make another crudely-drawn chart.

This is news about UT and Edge's reactions to the crowd. Not the crowd itself. And plus, it had a piece in there completely unrelated to the crowd.

Guest Trivia247

Its definately a good thing if Johnny boy can't seem to improve himself. He might be the next Beaver clevage, we might see him once then disappear.

Hopefully he won't have a Chaz come back and just stay gone.

There was one last part to that article on pwinsider that I found very interesting.

There was also talk backstage that Undertaker and Kurt Angle, who are both clearly the power players in the Smackdown locker room (some people even call them the Triple H's of Smackdown) want to build up their characters for an eventual program where they work against each other as the clear top two stars of the Smackdown brand down the line. They clearly seem to want to position themselves as the top two men on the current roster, including the current champion. Sources close to the situation told me that Angle lobbied to get his win yesterday over Guerrero and would also like to have the WWE Title when he eventually faces off with the Taker. Angle is also said to be pitching for a TV match between he and Guerrero that will then lead to an angle where Luther Reigns is put in a program with Guerrero, and is pushed as a monster.

Kurt Helmsley!?!?!?

Ugh. Please don't have Eddie vs Luther. Kurt beats Taker at Series to win the belt, then they start the feud with Eddie again. Simple.

I think Eddie should be given power backstage.

Kurt Helmsley!?!?!?

Ugh. Please don't have Eddie vs Luther. Kurt beats Taker at Series to win the belt, then they start the feud with Eddie again. Simple.

I think Eddie should be given power backstage.

Eddie does have power.

Chavo Classic was hired completely as a favor to Eddie. According to Meltzer, Classic was supposed to be gone after Royal Rumble, and ended up staying until a few weeks before Great American Bash.

Also, Konnan was going to be hired completely as a favor to Eddie and Rey Mysterio.

Guest Dazed

Maybe they'll understand if you make another crudely-drawn chart.

That took me hours :(

That's not the point.

Classic was fired because he was pretty unreliable, amongst other things and I think Eddie even knew that he probably shouldn't be there because he was just going to get Chavo Jr. buried.

Konnan wasn't hired because TNA wouldn't give him a release.

Guest Fook

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second, not to start an argument, but to hopefully encourage discussion.

I don't want to see a Taker/Heidenreich any more than any of you, but at the same time I can see that Taker is holding him down. I don't think he's ready for a program with Taker, but obviously the WWE did and wanted to go with it. Taker's pulling another "I'm not feeling it" and nixing the program before it's begun.

I see everyone here giving the proverbial thumbs up to this, but what if it wasn't Heidenreich? What if it was someone like London or Noble? Would your reactions be the same? Holding someone down is holding someone down, regardless of who your favourites are.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second, not to start an argument, but to hopefully encourage discussion.

I don't want to see a Taker/Heidenreich any more than any of you, but at the same time I can see that Taker is holding him down. I don't think he's ready for a program with Taker, but obviously the WWE did and wanted to go with it. Taker's pulling another "I'm not feeling it" and nixing the program before it's begun.

I see everyone here giving the proverbial thumbs up to this, but what if it wasn't Heidenreich? What if it was someone like London or Noble? Would your reactions be the same? Holding someone down is holding someone down, regardless of who your favourites are.

It's not really the same

We're giving UT thumbs up for having a brain and realizing that this thing was going to bomb. And if anything, he did Heidenreich a FAVOR to keep him from being totally exposed as a Nathan Jones-esque lack of talent.

However, UT did no favors for Brock Lesnar at Unforgiven 2002 by completely squashing him and not putting him over. It just made Brock look like a clown.

UT kept Heidenreich from looking like a clown.

Low Ratings Huge Cause Of Concern In WWE

Ratings send message to McMahons...

Word is that the McMahons, Kevin Dunn, and the rest of the top WWE management team were all really hit hard at the extremely low ratings for RAW and Smackdown this week. In the past, management has always made excuses for low ratings. This time, it seems that they seriously realize that the product has major flaws. What they will do to address all of this remains to be seen.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Trivia247
That's not the point.

Classic was fired because he was pretty unreliable, amongst other things and I think Eddie even knew that he probably shouldn't be there because he was just going to get Chavo Jr. buried.

Konnan wasn't hired because TNA wouldn't give him a release.

Should have hired Hector or Mando Guerreros instead

Holding someone down is holding someone down, regardless of who your favourites are.

No, there's a difference.

Not allowing a TALENTED, CHARISMATIC wrestler to get over is holding him down.

Not allowing someone who's not talented, and probably not very charismatic to get over is common friggin' sense.

I mean, the guy was already taken off TV once because he sucked, and Paul Heymen has said he dreads the day the guy actually shows up on TV, because he STILL sucks.

For those who missed it, Edge was loudly booed in his hometown of Toronto.

The word I received on Edge was that he was stunned and somewhat dumbfounded by the way that the crowd reacted to him.

Whatever. Edge can suck it up. He isn't even from Toronto originally..

Going back into my Observer archive to the November 1st, 2003 edition, I see:

"Nathan Jones and Jon Heidenreich were both signed to 3-year contracts last week."

They have until October 2006 to figure out what to do with Heidenreich. But also...

LESS THAN 2 YEARS LEFT FOR MARK HENRY!

I mean, the guy was already taken off TV once because he sucked, and Paul Heymen has said he dreads the day the guy actually shows up on TV, because he STILL sucks.

That and the last time John H. was on TV he keep on injuring people. Well mainly Stevie Richards but, you get the point.