TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I know it might be a step back for some people, but I'd really like an episode showing the growth of Sawyer and how he went from not Dharma material to head of security.

Hey, it doesn't even have to be a full episode... just a little something there.

No, he's dead. He appeared out of thin air to Michael on the freighter. And IF he's alive in the flesh sense he would've been blown the fuck up.

That's true. Maybe he can "project" himself though? I only think that he's flesh because he's been seen several times interacting with physical objects.

Ok, but if everything in 1977 has happened then how the heck do the Losties not remember the Dharma and the island when they crash?

Man I hate time travel. There's so many different ways you can do it. Alternate timelines, being able to change the past, constantly being in a timeloop where everything has already happened no matter what you do, not being able to affect time, time being like a record and you're just along for the ride, time being linear, time being non-linear.

It's just crazy. And we really truly don't know which of these the Losties are in.

Ok, but if everything in 1977 has happened then how the heck do the Losties not remember the Dharma and the island when they crash?

That... doesn't even make sense. They crashed on the island three years ago, and only afterwards did they have wacky Dr. Who adventures; why would they remember when they were younger about what their older selves did? This isn't Slaughterhouse Five here, it's basic Terminator time-jumping.

Man I hate time travel. There's so many different ways you can do it. Alternate timelines, being able to change the past, constantly being in a timeloop where everything has already happened no matter what you do, not being able to affect time, time being like a record and you're just along for the ride, time being linear, time being non-linear.

It's just crazy. And we really truly don't know which of these the Losties are in.

There's really NO doubt that there are no Alternate Timelines in Lost and what has happened can never be changed.

No, he's dead. He appeared out of thin air to Michael on the freighter. And IF he's alive in the flesh sense he would've been blown the fuck up.

That's true. Maybe he can "project" himself though? I only think that he's flesh because he's been seen several times interacting with physical objects.

I think he can interact with physical objects when he has to. I mean, he is basically Jacob's voice at this point. It was as though they needed someone to be Jacob so that they didn't have to come out and make the big reveal so soon, and he fits perfectly with that because his existence is just as much a mystery as Jacob's own.

I will say that I think his existence is different than Locke's 'ressurection' though, and if they are indeed the same I don't see that information coming out until sometime in the sixth season.

That... doesn't even make sense. They crashed on the island three years ago, and only afterwards did they have wacky Dr. Who adventures; why would they remember when they were younger about what their older selves did? This isn't Slaughterhouse Five here, it's basic Terminator time-jumping.

Well we're saying Ben remembers the Losties when they crash because he met them when he was a child right? So if he remembers that after they crash (since it's already happened) then why can't the Losties remember being on the island and all the stuff about the Dharma Initiative?

I mean I understand if you affect something in the past then it comes to you now as a dream. That made sense. But, if that were the case then Ben would not remember the Losties when they crashed like was suggested earlier.

If Ben remembers the Losties from when he was a child when they crashed and is able to use that against them then they should also remember having been at the island.

Well it makes sense in my head.

Well we're saying Ben remembers the Losties when they crash because he met them when he was a child right? So if he remembers that after they crash (since it's already happened) then why can't the Losties remember being on the island and all the stuff about the Dharma Initiative?

I mean I understand if you affect something in the past then it comes to you now as a dream. That made sense. But, if that were the case then Ben would not remember the Losties when they crashed like was suggested earlier.

If Ben remembers the Losties from when he was a child when they crashed and is able to use that against them then they should also remember having been at the island.

Well it makes sense in my head.

For Ben to remember the Losties in the future, it means that what Daniel said is true and 'what happened, happened' and everything we are seeing with them in 1974-1977 was meant to happen and always happened. This does not mean that Losties remember being on the island in the 1970s because in their timeline they hadn't done it yet. It was the future to them but the past to Ben. If that is indeed the case, then this particular instance is completely different from the Desmond/Daniel/Hatch thing. We won't know for sure until Ben wakes up in 2007 (or whatever year the Ajira people are in). If he is suddenly "oh damn, I remember them from the 70s" then we know it's the same. If Sun brings it up and he is like "well duh" then we know he's always known it and that them going back in time in 2007 was always meant to happen.

EDITL This was in response to Dama.

No...

Ben would remember the Lost people if he saw them in 1977 because they were there in 1977. The Losties could not possiby remember being on the island in 1977 because they didn't go to 1977 until after they crashed on the island in 2004.

Say you time traveled tomorrow, to the year 1960. While you were there you bumped into your parents and told them who you were. Then you traveled back to tomorrow again. Tomorrow you would know you went there and saw your parents and they would remember you were there too, but the you of today wouldn't know that you were in 1960 because you did not do it until tomorrow.

Ok ok. I understand now. I don't know why I wasn't thinking of it like that.

All this "What happened, happened" stuff is getting too much into destiny and no free-will. I keep wondering if the end of the show is going to be somebody exercising free-will for the first time and breaking with the whole destiny stuff.

Ok ok. I understand now. I don't know why I wasn't thinking of it like that.

All this "What happened, happened" stuff is getting too much into destiny and no free-will. I keep wondering if the end of the show is going to be somebody exercising free-will for the first time and breaking with the whole destiny stuff.

Already sort of happened with Ben pushing the wheel and leaving the island even though it was supposedly Locke's destiny, according to Jacob-by-way-of-Christian. Locke eventually did it, but apparently he was supposed to do it the first time. Had he turned the wheel, maybe it wouldn't have caused all the catastrophic problems of crazy flashes and time jumping and blah-blah-blah. We'll never know for sure.

The "twists" are so obvious this season.

Looking back I don't really like the direction this season went in. I'd much prefer Locke leading The Others, etc.

I mean - fuck. We haven't even seen Locke in weeks.

I have to say that it's going to take an amazing run to finish the season for me to not label this season a disappointment. It had such promise to start and now... the last few weeks have been such a letdown.

I don't know. I wouldn't say this season has been a disappointment so far, because I've loved every episode... I just wasn't feeling this one, though, mainly because I tend to find Sayid-centric episodes to usually be boring as hell. Sayid's interrogation in the woods was entertaining (have we ever seen Sayid laugh? It was awkward).

Little Ben's death will likely make matters pretty confusing, but I can't wait to see what happens with it. But dear god, we had better get to see Locke back next week.

I think that might've been the first time I've seen a kid violently "killed" on TV. And not only that, you weren't expected to have any sympathy for him. That's some fucked up/awesome storytelling right there.

IS real time Ben going to fade away a la Back to the Future?

I also found it pretty funny that 1 episode after Sawyer told Jack how he's a better leader, and has got things under control, he ended up running to Jack to help figure out the Sayid situation (only to get side tracked by Kate).

I'm assuming the island resurrects him and that confirms to Richard and the rest that Ben should be their leader. I'm assuming "island brings em back to life" is basically a litmus test of if that person has jacob's favor or not. Locke was resurrected in present day.

LSD doesn't make you tell the truth against your will.

Old experimentation with LSD by doctors back decades ago, when it first started appearing everywhere, however, suggest that it was. Henceforth why I guess they were treating it like that. I totally took it that they were giving him LSD to "open up."

I also found it pretty funny that 1 episode after Sawyer told Jack how he's a better leader, and has got things under control, he ended up running to Jack to help figure out the Sayid situation (only to get side tracked by Kate).

"No flaming buses in three years, but you're here ONE DAY...."

Ben's not dead. The island has a way of course correction. Whatever happened, happened (thus the title of next week's episode). Just like Charlie was supposed to die, Desmond tried to change history, but eventually it would happen. Same with Ben. Ben is always supposed to grow up, help with the Purge, and lead the Others. Maybe Jin wakes up and brings wounded Ben to a doctor. Now we know of 3 people to help him. First off, the really crappy doctor that doesn't know how to deliver a baby. But not likely. Second, our resident doctor, Jack, to save Ben's life again. But to risk exposing himself, probably not. Now we get to our 3rd and most likely candidate, Juliet. She has already shown Dharma that she knows some medical experience by delivering a baby. And if you remember from season 4, the Other's therapist tells Juliet that Ben likes her because she "looks just like her." Older Ben crushes on the woman who saved his life when he was young.

Sign in to follow this