TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Guest wrestlingbs

Just saw the first part. Some great parts, some no-so-great parts:

Great

*The opening 10 minutes was probably te most compelling stuff I've seen on tv in a while. Great way to open a show, and a series.

*The doctor seems like a great protagonist, and for some reason the fat guy seems to steal every scene e's in.

*Great acting by everybody, including the guy who plays Charlie. He works well with what they give him.

Not-So-Great

* I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but if the mysterious monster turns out to be dinosaurs I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for the show. That's the best they could come up with?

*Charlie is on the verge of becoming a stereotypical comic relief character, and I hope that's not what they have planned for him.

All in all, I'm watching next week.

As the main character, Jack seems like a pretty dull character to me.

To be fair, he DOES look like Bart "Mr Personality" Gunn...

*Charlie is on the verge of becoming a stereotypical comic relief character, and I hope that's not what they have planned for him.

Hey, play a Hobbit, get stereotyped.

W.bs bringing the format :)

Great:

I loved the fact that there were very few commercial breaks and that they let the opening scene go almost 20 minutes.

The opening scenes outside the airplane as-well-as the plane crash. Just visceral stuff, it really sucks you in ;)

I disagree with Flyboy on Jack, I enjoyed every second he was on the screen. He's the rock; the one you look to for order and "safeness". And you just know they're going to destroy that image soon enough :) . IMO, the hero of the show thus far is Jorge's character (the fat guy), as he's totally "regular", doesn't have any special skills, but does the best he can and has a good "heart".

The large cast. Great call. Lots of potential. Right now you aren't really seeing it, but in the next episode gives you a pretty good grasp at how this group dynamic will work out.

The Questions. There are soooo many questions and I picked up on a lot of hints watching it again. Very Rewarding. Why _was_ he in the bathroom ;)

Not-so-great:

Some of the camera shots. I know they were going for a "creepy" vibe, but they sorta took you out of the moment.

No Widescreen. It should have had the cinematic look to go along with the feel.

The edited it! Not a lot, just a trim here and there. But I am a geek for this show, so !@#$%~!

* I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but if the mysterious monster turns out to be dinosaurs I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for the show. That's the best they could come up with?

I was thinking more along the lines of King Kong/really big gorilla, but Dinosaurs did cross my mind And I agree it would really suck if it were either of the two.

That was a great, great show. I'm torn right now between waiting for next weeks show in high definition tv format or watching it on burned CDR format right now.

- Matthew Fox was a great choice for Jack and acts way better then I remember him doing in PO5.

- Charlie rules, as does the fat dude.

- The Kate and Jack hookup seems inevitable so I'm hoping they don't pull the trigger on it right away.

- Harold fuckin Perrineau is in this which makes it all the more awesome.

I'll be watching next week regardless.

I liked it a lot. I don't really want to wait a week to find out what happens. It looks like next week's episode is a much better episode. Not to say tonight's episode was bad, but it was more of an introduction than anything else.

I agree with everyone else that if it were dinosaurs, that would be very bad. And why all the spoiler tags when talking in if language? You're not spoiling anything.

The way that ABC has been pushing and advertising this show for the past 2-3 months, they have SOLD me to watch the show.

I said the same thing a few days ago. I was impressed after the first commercial break. I will definitely continue watching.

The only problem I have with this show is how long can it run? Assuming there's this big monster on the island, they can't exactly co-exist with it for any length of time, whether they find out what it is or not.

I liked it a lot. I don't really want to wait a week to find out what happens. It looks like next week's episode is a much better episode. Not to say tonight's episode was bad, but it was more of an introduction than anything else.

Wasn't someone saying that the pilot was actually 2 hours, and the Kill Bill-ed it into two parts? That would definitely explain the drawn out nature of the ep.

I like Fat Guy in that he's not written as comic relief, which would have been easy. Instead, they look to be hooking him up with Pregnant Girl. Although, I'm guessing that he's also The Convict...

The only problem I have with this show is how long can it run? Assuming there's this big monster on the island, they can't exactly co-exit with it for any length of time, whether they find out what it is or not.

They can do a lot of character building epsiodes, go into why some of these people were on the plane.

Just finished next week's ep, for those who are really interested in the monster thingy..........

BIG SPOILERS FOR NEXT WEEKS SHOW

It's a fucking polar bear.

Next week it gets better in every single way.

What's the deal w/ this show? Is it going to be an actual show with a full length run or is it just a half-season miniseries type? Because there needs to be more, the potential could be really cool if it was shot in real time cause logically, unless they manage to find a steady source of food and other nescessary things, they'd be fucked.

How is that spoiler even logistically possible? I have to see how it plays out to make a decision, but I have to think there's more to it than that.

How did the polar bear get him up in the tree? And how does a "polar" bear live on a tropical island?

I have to see next week's episode.

I liked the show, but not as much as I thought I would ...

My biggest gripe: The doctor (Jack) was just too superhuman in the opening scenes ... pulling this guy out from under the wreckage (then telling people to pull him to safety) then helping the pregnant woman (and then telling someone to finish helping her) then saving the woman with CPR and then saving the pregnant woman AGAIN. Just too much in such a short period of time.

And, as of now, it all seems really predictable. Other than the "WTF is that thing in the jungle?!?" it seems most of the subplots are pretty obvious (Jack & that girl hooking up, the Asian woman rebelling against her husband, that bitchy blonde getting hers and then coming around, etc.). There better be a ~swerve~ or 2.

How is that spoiler even logistically possible? I have to see how it plays out to make a decision, but I have to think there's more to it than that.

How did the polar bear get him up in the tree? And how does a "polar" bear live on a tropical island?

I have to see next week's episode.

What I should've said was that 'They kill a polar bear and assume it's the thing' but you find out later on in the episode that it may or may not have been the bear. It definetly isn't the bear that kills the pilot.

Regarding the Thing in the forrest

It's not a polar bear. I think that is just supposed to be a hint at their location. They're a thousand miles off course, they were around the Fiji islands when they were fucked, which puts them around the Antarctic - hence the polar bear. Which means this tropical island is old and has sustained life since the continents shifted.

As for the cliched and predictable parts - that all changes in the next episode. Some characters are turned upside down in the next one and the final moment is a total "WHAT THE FUCK?!??/HOLY SHIT!" moment.

My biggest gripe: The doctor (Jack) was just too superhuman in the opening scenes ... pulling this guy out from under the wreckage (then telling people to pull him to safety) then helping the pregnant woman (and then telling someone to finish helping her) then saving the woman with CPR and then saving the pregnant woman AGAIN. Just too much in such a short period of time.

I dunno if this will help, but they edited that scene down. Originally, while he was helping do CPR to the woman he saw the Airplane wing about to fall but still had to help her. They drew it out in the original where he had to make the choice, but in the one on ABC had him immediately saving the woman and then running over.

Guest Flyboy
It's not a polar bear. I think that is just supposed to be a hint at their location. They're a thousand miles off course, they were around the Fiji islands when they were fucked, which puts them around the Antarctic - hence the polar bear. Which means this tropical island is old and has sustained life since the continents shifted.

That's actually a damn good storyline/twist/writing.

Guest Vitamin X

Can someone give me a summary or when/if the show is going to re-air on ABC? I was really looking forward to this, but instead got high and watched The Wall and completely forgot.

I downloaded and watched the first episode, and really liked it. The intro was pretty amazing, especially for TV. I got the HDTV version, widescreen and commercial-free.

I'm a little worried about its long-term appeal as well. I loved Alias at first, but a few episodes into the third season, I got sick of the too-convenient story twists (see: Vaughn's wife) and gave it up. I'm not sure how long they can go, with this concept, in such a closed environment. I hope J.J. Abrahams can make it work.

I'll definitely keep watching for now. It's one of few new series I actually enjoy so far. The others Jack & Bobby, and the first Canadian run of The 4400.

The first episode got 18 million viewers, which was best in its timeslot, and almost as good as the debuts of CSI:NY and Law & Order.

For Buffyverse fans, David Fury is listed as a writer for the 4th and 9th episodes (the pilot counting as 2).

I am FREAKING THE FUCK OUT over the preview for the next episode. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT!

When a show gets me full of energy yelling out "YES! YES~! YES! YEEEEEES!!! OH DEAR GOD YES!!" (which, like, maybe 2 have) it is a GREAT FUCKING SHOW. Even if I have to watch a billion WIFE SWAP commercials, I WILL!

Sign in to follow this