TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

Top-25 Stupidest Moments in Fed History!

I'm kind of shocked that nowhere in the description above does it mention that Mayor McCheese was just that... a man with a giant freakin' hamburger for a head that wore an late 1800's suit and a monocle. And he was a light heavyweight. I think this makes the crucifixtion even sillier. I mean really... picture a giant man with a hamburger for a head hanging on the cross.

Oh... and for accuracy's sake I am going to pull out my outline of the "Commissioner's Angle" last year and correct some of the major errors in the synopsis above.

Mark, that's because the hamburger head was was foam. He'd take it off before the match and had a hamburger-themed mask on.

You silly man.

Oh, and X, I recall all of those, and something else that never happened, but if it did, would have definately made the list. I'm speaking of the IGNWF Revolution you proposed after aspects of an angle of yours didn't go as planned.

Wacky!

I am honored to be mentioned along with Strangler. The feud wasn't too bad...had some good matches. The problem was that it just didn't go where we wanted it to go. It was a little out of our control, but eh, I can agree on the match.

It was an awful idea we had. I feel bad, because halfway through the match, I was like, "What the fuck am I writing?" Anyways, I wound up no showing after about 2500 words of my terrible match...it drained me of everything I had at that point.

Thanks for mentioning it...and X, right on with the Wilson/Sarah thing. I remember on AIM, Raynor and I were coming up with promo ideas to free Sarah. We had trouble even approaching it from a creative stand point That was a such a fucked up and stupid storyline.

The nut bite wasn't stupid. It was GLORIOUS.

Great list. And not just because I wrote some of it. Great memories, great laughter. I wish a few more had been from the SWF era, but maybe we need that hindsight and all. Beautiful.

Guest Xstasy

Yeah Mark, don't feel bad. With the x-ception of Wilson I think I take the cake as far as ideas gone wrong, and just plain stupid mistakes. Your commissionership angle pales in comparison.

You know what didn't make the list, and should have even though it was OOC: The Kliq Flame War. Oh now THAT was stupid!

Guest Beingz0wningj00

They didn't really become the Kilq until after that though, remember X... it was part of that incident that unified you cunts all together. ;)

The nutbite and Wilson/Sarah were two things we glossed over, and now that I'm reminded, it is a shame; both would've made the list, I think, although probably not much higher than 20.

As for some of the other belated suggestions, well... I think Tyler offered up the Messiah's crucifixion, but no-one could remember it clearly enough to factcheck it. Stubby was tossed around, but ultimately, I think it's really, really hard to put Stubby on the list because from the fed's innaguration to his retirement he was essentially second to none in terms of writing talent. Merc giving himself the title was disqualified because it was 'stricken from the record,' and we decided that the only things that were allowed to make this list were things that happened in kayfabe. They had to be an official part of SWF cano... uh, on the record.

And Mark, I'm sorry if seeing the commissionership angle on the list upsets you, but the big thing that really sunk it onto the list was Bastion and Thugg no-selling his neck injury (for the second time!). It just all kind of tied together, so...

-Z

As doomed to failure as this was, it was accelerated by Wilson's quick retirement soon after, leaving Annie in character limbo -- and rushing to make sure no-one could remember any of this EVER happening. Worse yet? This wouldn't even be the most infamous moment of her career...

Actually, we ran an angle when I took over the M7 where I browbeated Annie for not having sex with me and for "only" carrying the Midcard Triple Crown. She ended up turning face, and we did attempt to accelerate it so as not to make me look like a rapist.

It's funny...I forgot about the nutbite. I guess I remembered the shitty hockey match Strangler and I had because well, it didn't exactly make me feel too bad, just like we wasted our time on a shitty match.

The nutbite just made me mad. Nothing good to remember from that whole thing for I.

I'll nominate the XF9 "Party" we had in the JL one time. As a stable, we just posted throughout the day about us all getting drunk....it was terrible, as we were all naive kids back then who had probably never touched a drink in our lives. Fuck, that was a good two years before I even picked up a single beer. The series was nothing but pure stupidity.

He started a tag team with perennial SWF doormat Ced Ordonez

Ah, recognition. Blunt, painfully truthful recognition.

*disappears back into obscurity, aided by a horrendously mistimed smokescreen*

The nutbite and Wilson/Sarah were two things we glossed over, and now that I'm reminded, it is a shame; both would've made the list, I think, although probably not much higher than 20.

As for some of the other belated suggestions, well... I think Tyler offered up the Messiah's crucifixion, but no-one could remember it clearly enough to factcheck it. Stubby was tossed around, but ultimately, I think it's really, really hard to put Stubby on the list because from the fed's innaguration to his retirement he was essentially second to none in terms of writing talent. Merc giving himself the title was disqualified because it was 'stricken from the record,' and we decided that the only things that were allowed to make this list were things that happened in kayfabe. They had to be an official part of SWF cano... uh, on the record.

And Mark, I'm sorry if seeing the commissionership angle on the list upsets you, but the big thing that really sunk it onto the list was Bastion and Thugg no-selling his neck injury (for the second time!). It just all kind of tied together, so...

-Z

Make an out-of-kayfabe list, then.

Oh Lord, an out-of-kayfabe list could go on for-freakin'-ever.

And I'm not upset that the "Commissioner's Angle" is on the list really. More disappointed that something I put together eventually got so complicated that not only did I need an outline to keep it straight but you guys could see all of the seams we had to glue together over and over to try and keep the angle internally consistant.

In retrospect, not the shining moment of my career. ;)

Although I might still pull out the outline so y'all can see it. If you are going to ridicule it, ridicule it with the facts straight. :)

Hearing about X's revolution brings back awful memories of while HVT was in Wilson's Meat Festival...X was doing the revolution, and I was going to join him. HVT turned face on this one show (mind you, without consulting, asking, or even telling Wilson, the leader of our stable that I was turning). This would have been fine if, as inevitable as it was, X made his first departure from the fed only days later. Rather than remain face with no stable (HVT hadn't become the regular main eventer and champion that most remember him as), HVT turned back heel 2 shows later. In total, his face turn lasted 8 long, painful days. The best part of that was me having to go back to Wilson and ask him to let HVT back in the stable, even though I had totally screwed him and his plans by turning on him without telling him. Talk about sucking up your pride.

If you're ever looking for an example of when not communicating your plans and telling other people you are working with what you're doing can go wrong, you can just use that example. It's also nice to know that I learned my lesson as it wouldn't be the last time I'd screw Wilson and the Meat Festival (my attacks and subsequent winning of the world title off of ELM comes to mind, but we'll save that for another day).

Covering all topics in this thread...I was considering doing something for G5. Lurking on the boards has certainly given me the bug again...but then again, I'd have to write, which would be a problem. Then again, if the right opportunity presented itself, I'd consider doing something...

When do we get the rest of the Top 25 Lists?

Mark...dude...post the outline.

Hell, I worked very closely with you on that angle, and I'm not even sure that I had the same outline as you. This could be intersting.

Also, I found it funny that while Mark and I respected one another and I would consider him a friend, he and I never really did well working angles together. It only happened twice in our careers...the first time led to the infamous Kliq Flame War...and the second was the ownership angle, where despite weeks/months or planning and preparation, we had a very hard time coming to an agreement on what we would do. It was very frustrating for both of us, and I attribute some of the problems with the angle with the fact that Mark and I couldn't really come to terms on anything. I do blame myself mostly because I was used to working the lead on angles and just having people follow me...while Mark was used to working in the Carnival, where people probably were easier to work with than a egotistical, conceited black man who thinks (and still does :)) he is god's gift to creating angles.

But it was still fun.

Covering all topics in this thread...I was considering doing something for G5. Lurking on the boards has certainly given me the bug again...but then again, I'd have to write, which would be a problem. Then again, if the right opportunity presented itself, I'd consider doing something...

I think Revolution Zero are overdue for beating down another veteran. Care to volunteer? We've already taken out Judge (after a dark match, no less).

;)

Guest Beingz0wningj00

"I do blame myself mostly"

Tsk Tsk... Typical Thugg. Always thinking about himself. :headbang:

I was digging through some old SWF files and I ran across my draft of my second (and last) column for thesmartmarks. It covered Dissention and, i think, has at least one or two (maybe three) of the top 25 stupid things mentioned. Just for kicks, I thought I would see if it was still in the system here, and whaddaya know?

From Ringside #2

Just thought it was kind of funny, and maybe a nice bit of nostalgia before G5. Enjoy!

Guest TheAntipop

What a nice treat to read on one of my random pop-ins! This made me laugh pretty hard, and also brought back a lot of fond memories. As mentioned on the Beavis and Butthead album, without things that suck you'd have no way of knowing what was cool. You guys are the shit.

G-Spot

P.S. King, I'd still like to light a few candles, put on No More Tears and 69 with you for an evening. Call me, babe.

Chris Wilson is like half the list.

I'm actually sorry I didn't make the list. I'm thinking and about the only really stupid thing I ever did was give Sydney Sky the title because Frost was secretly in love with her. Or when I made Z dress up Sky to fuck with Frost's head. Or the name Chilly Chilly Bang Bang. Or the fact that Frost ran a business empire founded on tacos.

Some of these are bad.

Not as bad as the Weighted Rubber Chicken Match the fed I used to run had once. The object: Take a weighted rubber chicken off a pole and hit your opponent with it.

I wish I was making that up.