TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

Current Events

Guest Cerebus
Give me a break. If Bush had done that the Democrats would have busted a nut with their draft scare during the election. And there is a reason that Kerry pulled that off his website.

Republicans don't like community service, because its work without getting paid.

Yeah that's why I've been doing Big Brother/Big Sister for eight years and the United Way for ten. Prick.

For the record, in my opinion at least one year of either gov't or community service should be a requirement to vote. This doesn't have anything to do with volunteering, if everyone screams "DRAFT~!" for Bush after the Selective Service sent out requests to fill seats that they've been trying to fill since 1999 when the orginal holders began hitting their twenty year term limits why should Kerry be left off?

Doing what others did to "your guy" as a sort of payback is pretty childish, like the guy with pis as his handle had said.

I never said Kerry was bringing back the draft actually (I think that neither of them would even consider bringing it back actually). I just pointed out that, using many media outlet's same burdens of proof, Kerry was trying to "bring back the draft" with this silly statement of his. How is that childish?

Now, honestly, that wasn't my finest moment (I do try to post more thoughtful stuff as a rule) but there is a lot of stuff posted there that's a lot worse.

Then please by all means explain why I was all for Great One and Nemesis getting the boot?

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.

I can't believe you are taking credit for getting Seth "Nemesis" Monroe banned.

That motherfucker was dead as soon as he signed up. They might allow his shit at 411, but not over here. You had nothing to do with it.

And as far as GreatOne goes, I don't see how you can claim credit for that, unless you are the guy who dropped GreatOne into a vat of lead paint chips as a child.

Guest MikeSC

Hmm, "being all for" is the same thing as "taking credit for"...provided you have the IQ of bread.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb
Then please by all means explain why I was all for Great One and Nemesis getting the boot?

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.

I can't believe you are taking credit for getting Seth "Nemesis" Monroe banned.

That motherfucker was dead as soon as he signed up. They might allow his shit at 411, but not over here. You had nothing to do with it.

And as far as GreatOne goes, I don't see how you can claim credit for that, unless you are the guy who dropped GreatOne into a vat of lead paint chips as a child.

Wow, you're a fucking moron. I didn't take credit for anything, I said I was glad to see those wastes of skin go.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
So you hate everyone equally? I think I understand you now.

you can't tear that out of me. No segregation, separation, just me and my world of enemies..

Guest Loss

I expected something far more venomous than what I got from KKK. Sure, wishing for me to get an incurable disease is good material, but the rest was total softball.

Alright, alright, calm the fuck down. Jesus Christ, why don't we all rub our vaginas together as we bitch like a bunch of women PMSing?

Look, I argue with C-Bacon more than anyone. I'm not fully convinced he deserves a ban. If BX or KKK haven't gotten a ban for the stupid shit they troll in the CE folder, C-Bacon isn't quite up there yet. His views are utterly idiotic, agreed, but I'm still waiting for him to do something truly ban-worthy.

To Loss, YPoV, and a few others: Despite what all you guys want to believe (Mad Dog just out and accusing C-Bacon of being an American hater just because he hates Bush), he DOES hate America. It's very, very obvious for people who actually read and analyze his posts that he has a very deep hate and contempt for America and most Americans in general. Remember, this is the guy who tried to deny that Communist regiemes almost always have massive purges, which is something history has basically proven while at the same time looking for anything and everything he can possibly put blame on America for. So please, if you don't understand what we are talking about, please refrain from talking shit about Mad Dog about it.

To Val Halen and RedBaron (Xero): Shut the hell up. Jesus Christ, if anyone in this thread has NO room to speak about stupidity, it is you two. I've never seen either of you make any sort of post with substance outside of veiled shots at Bush or posting articles under a sensationalist header, only to have the damn article disprove you because you obviously didn't read it (This is more Van Halen than anything). Please, shut up.

To Mike: Calm down, bud. You make good arguments at times, but Jesus you are combative to the max. You need to step it back a bit. There are times where even I say you are being a fucking rock about things.

My entire take on improving the CE folder:

Folder Mods: 4 mods who are on all the time. My suggestions are Cere, Tyler, Robbie, and I, though you can put whoever you want in. I think we've all shown a bit of balance, restraint, willing to be bi-partisan at times, are on good terms with each other, and we probably put forth some of the best arguments in the folder. I'd say Crazy Dan and Wild Bomb, but I haven't seen them around much, either.

Eliminate the Cross-fire Mentality: Cere is right, the CE folder isn't getting any good debate anymore. I think it'd be good to have something like an exercised debate where we have a weekly topic, and two people sign up for it. They have to present facts, abstain from personal attacks, and have a limited number of posts and responses. A panel of 5 people (2 Conservatives, 2 Liberals, and one Independant) judge on it. Also, cutting out articles that are obviously made to be attacks and flame-wars rather than spirited debate or informational needs to happen. Temporary Bans on the folder to repeat offenders.

Yeah, it's censorship. But frankly, we need some.

Guest Loss

Arguing that those who hate Bush hate America is like arguing that those who vote Republican hate ga...

umm ...

... gasoline.

Yeah.

Arguing that those who hate Bush hate America is like arguing that those who vote Republican hate ga...

umm ...

... gasoline.

Yeah.

... *Sigh*

You didn't read my post at all, did you?

I said that he doesn't just hate Bush, he hates America. It's pretty obvious. People have developed this thing where if a conservative says "He hates America", he only hates Bush. C-Bacon obviously has a deep hatred for America, along with Bush. He's accused us of throwing every imperialistic trick in the book, being greedy, coniving power hungry theives who constantly prey upon the weak, and claims that our foreign policy brought 9/11 on us, not a pack of deranged fundamentalist.

This is the sort of Cross-fire stuff Cere is talking about. I'm bringing up a legitimate point, and you are just going for some stupid sound-bite style jab. What the heck?

Guest Fire and Knives

Dude, if you really need to beat your head against a brick wall, you know where Ash lives.

Just sayin'.

K.

Guest Loss

I read your post, three times in fact, and I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that INXS or C-Bacon hate America. Sorry, but praising communism as a system isn't even anti-American. It's not even embracing a different belief. It's making an observation, one that I'd assume is based on research of some type. Even if it's not, it still isn't anti-American.

Anti-Americanism would be coming right out and saying that he hated this country, its founders, democracy, the system and all of the citizens therein. I have yet to see that happen at all.

I read your post, three times in fact, and I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that INXS or C-Bacon hate America. Sorry, but praising communism as a system isn't even anti-American. It's not even embracing a different belief. It's making an observation, one that I'd assume is based on research of some type. Even if it's not, it still isn't anti-American.

Anti-Americanism would be coming right out and saying that he hated this country, its founders, democracy, the system and all of the citizens therein. I have yet to see that happen at all.

I'm not harping on him for praising Communism. I'm saying that he goes out of his way to ignore things so that everything he heaps on America seems like that much more. You again ignored the fact that he's brought up just about every sort of propaganda he can find to prove that America is evil in just about every endevour we've taken overseas, that we've constantly tried to hurt people across the globe in some sadistical fashion while continually bringing mankind down.

Anti-Americanism doesn't require you to say it "I hate America"; It's a disdain for all things purely American. People can enjoy democracy and still hate America. You have such an inclusive, exact definition that it's practically unusable. If you can see subtle nuances such as virile comtempt and obvious hatred for everything America does, I don't think truly understand what being 'anti-American' is.

Is it possibly to ban either INXS or C-Bacon so that we can get the stupidity down to a managable level? I'm not one to complain but every thread is getting bogged down with their baseless conspiracy theories and anti-U.S. bullshit

Mad Dog, simply put, your one of the most useless posters in that folder. Despite the asinine views that are clouded by extreme conservatism, Mike and Powerplay can at least respond to the topic at hand by conveying their beliefs, no matter how ridiculous I find them. There'll be the odd occasion where they'll post something that is thought provoking and seemingly honest, but the overall theme is something I simply cannot agree with since it's just the usual right-wing rhetoric sprinkled with arrogance. All you do is cover your ears and consistently post things like "C-Bacon [or INXS] are sooo stupid! They don't know what they're talking about!" hundreds of times, adding nothing more.

Your basically Mike and the rest of the conservative armies head cheerleader in that forum. Nothing more. You have the gaul to advocate for my banning in CE, while you keep flaming away.

I only support banning one. We still need a moron to laugh at but two are just too much to deal with

Double standard?

But he goes well over the line saying once that Bush's relection was worse than 9-11. That America is the terrorists, etc.

The mis-conception here is that I think Bush being re-elected is worse than 9/11. My statements were a reaction to the geo-political nature of the world over the next 10 years under a Bush regieme. I believe this simply for what it means for the lives of those over seas and at home. The re-election of Bush has let a war-mongerer loose, thousands more lives will be lost due to this admnistrations recklessness and ant-west sentiment will now continue to flourish, increasing Islamic fundamentalism and the chances for another 9/11 type attack.

As for America being terrorists, currently they could be considered such, depending on your definition of 'terrorism'. Has America helped aid terrorist groups in the past? That's something that cannot be disputed, and anything outside of a high school history textbook can tell you that.

They gladly excuse whatever the terrorists over there do and then whine on and on about American imperilism. Just open up a thread they post a lot in and you'll run into their bullshit.

I've never excused any acts of terror. Ever.

"Whine" about American imperialism? Is everyone suppose to lay back and accept the consequences of this? Please.

C-Bacon also defended Saddam because women had the right to vote under him too.

Because pointing out that women's rights in dictatorships that the US supports is equal, if not worse than in Iraq is suddenly defending Saddam, right?

Like I said I don't care about dissenters but they've crossed a line into almost insanity where they'll latch onto anything that makes the U.S. look bad in every situation.

I'm sorry, i'm the one whining here?

Despite what all you guys want to believe (Mad Dog just out and accusing C-Bacon of being an American hater just because he hates Bush), he DOES hate America. It's very, very obvious for people who actually read and analyze his posts that he has a very deep hate and contempt for America and most Americans in general. Remember, this is the guy who tried to deny that Communist regiemes almost always have massive purges, which is something history has basically proven while at the same time looking for anything and everything he can possibly put blame on America for

That is quite the generalization you made there. You obviously find ways of reading into things that aren't there, because saying that I hate America is simply not true. I disagree with much of what your government does. I'll disagree with any country that so extensively promotes the values of democracy, then goes ahead and removes another countries democratically elected leaders. I'll disagree with a country that does so via the means of violent force, that ends up killing hundreds of thousands of people in Central America (not to mention the Middle East presently, and in the past). I'll disagree with a country that places governments they want to run another country, one that eventually leads to the slaughter of innocents (hence my arguments for invading such countries and using the 'threat of communism' as a reason). I'll disagree with a country that wages pre-emtive wars against third world countries to strengthen occupation and power in the Middle East. That dosen't mean that I hate the country initself.

I very much enjoy visiting many of the cities in the country, including New York earlier this year where my Aunt and Uncle live. I believe there are many Americans that are ignorant, obnoxious, evangelistic, and down right moronic. But there are many Americans that are intelligent, friendly and caring. So no, I don't hate the majority of American's either. I just fear for the actions your government has taken, and what it is presently trying to do in regards to foreign policy.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I wish everyone who posted in this thread gets an incurable disease. Fuck.

Guest Fire and Knives

But...you just posted in this thread.

I don't understand you sometimes, Banky.

K.

I hate to say this, but I agree with everything C-Bacon said in his post (in this thread). Granted, I've only read this post of his, and not all his CE posts.

And I don't hate America.

Actually I have to say, the simple mindness and the general ignorance of political and world matters in CE geniunly stuns me

Guest MikeSC
Actually I have to say, the simple mindness and the general ignorance of political and world matters in CE geniunly stuns me

It's an extremely two-sided story there. Both sides have a tendency for that problem.

And the irritation is why I lived up to my own advice --- namely, nobody makes anybody stay there. Walk away. It's not that bad, really.

-=Mike

...And you can always see where you really stand when somebody asks you why somebody said something about you after you departed...

How would we feel about filing this thread under tough shit?

INXS and the like have been brought up a couple times in the SUPER SECRET ADMIN FOLDER, and every time we've decided not to go forward with whatever a lot of people seem to want to go forward with.

It'd be pretty neat to drop this now.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
But...you just posted in this thread.

I don't understand you sometimes, Banky.

K.

You got my point, dickface.

Guest MikeSC
How would we feel about filing this thread under tough shit?

INXS and the like have been brought up a couple times in the SUPER SECRET ADMIN FOLDER, and every time we've decided not to go forward with whatever a lot of people seem to want to go forward with.

It'd be pretty neat to drop this now.

You shouldn't. No need to ban INXS or C-Bacon.

-=Mike

There's ABSOLUTELEY no need to ban delicious Canadian Bacon. He presents some crazy theories, but he at least attempts to back his shit up, and has a good sense of humor.

INXS pisses me off (and I'm not at all one of the conservative slammers)because he refuses to back himself up, but it's not banworthy. And if it weren't for INXS it would be Mike and kkk electronically nodding in agreement. Not that they don't often make good points.

Mad Dog, I am sorry, man, but you're probably at the top of the list for CE-ers on ban watch. All you do is swoop in after someone else already attacked INXS, C-Bacon, or occasionally, Shoes Head, repeat what the person before you said, then take personalized low blows at those that at one time posted something intimate about their lives on the forum:

for INXS: Then he's going to steal his girlfriend's money and give her an STD!

for Shoes Head: Why don't you just go and pay $260 for another hooker?

and I guess you're just waiting for C-Bacon to open himself up to the board so you can get some ammo.

Seriously, using mudraking to discredit someone's political views isn't consistent with your posts in this thread about "adding nothing to the discussion".

Again, I'm not trying to flame here, I'm just objectively pointing out what I have seen repeatedly as a CE observer.