TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Dead Like Me Cancelled?

Well...the cursing will be gone which'll pretty much sorta kill Mason's characters(more because I felt the cursing added to his charm and appeal) but eh, better then nothing I guess.

*sorta wishes HBO would pick it up*

I watched the movie on TV on the 1st, it's ok. New Daisy is hard to adjust to, but it's fine.

Lots of interaction between George and Reggie, and the intro drawn like a comic book that explains that a frog and toad broke the jar God kept Death in is pretty neat.

Desmond from Lost takes over for Rube.

and the intro drawn like a comic book that explains that a frog and toad broke the jar God kept Death in is pretty neat.

That intro was done live-action at the beginning of the 1st episode of the series.

I liked this show on DVD. But somebody tell me- a friend of mine said that the reason this show was canceled was because Mandy Pantinkin had cancer, but this seems ridiculous. Anybody else here that?

From what I hear, there were a few factors: (1) it was fairly expensive to produce, and (2) there was a new head of the network, who didn't consider DLM "his show", and wanted to put on shows developed under his watch.

Maybe ratings, but I'm not sure what kind of ratings the show got. I'm pretty sure ratings started off strong, but over the course of the show, I don't know what levels they got.

Geroge gets hit by a toilet seat and dies. There, first episode. They recapped it well enough.

I think I've seen MOST of it, though. She goes to a garage sale and gets into a fight with her mom, right?

Oh, I'm pretty sure they use a new "What George looks like to others" actress in the 'movie'.

. Another note about the movie is that it was listed as being called "Dead Like Me: Life After Death" but that title appears nowhere in the film. It's just "Dead Like Me".

The movie is available in the usual sort of places.

Question though?

Did anyone get the impression that the TV version had been cut down? It seemed like the second half sorta zipped around and made massive plot developments (Daisy trips lead actress, then you see her drunk on stage - seemed like masses of missing bits) off screen. The resolution with Desmond was just weird, they each did something wrong - there were no signs of paying the price (aside from the quick shot of the ghost in the hairdressers) and they decide they have to kill him because they don't like him? I'm hoping theres about 30 minutes of missing scenes that got cut for TV.

Quite enjoyable though, missed Rube and the Daisy change was more jarring than I thought it'd be. Just found the pace of the plot quite weird

Anyone know if theres more plans post this - the post it notes seemed to suggest more to come (or maybe twas just a cute callback)

I just saw the movie and the only thing I really liked out of it was the closure for George/Reggie. Everything else wasn't so great.

I also like how everyone was hating on Weeds before it even debuted because Dead Like Me got canceled. How wrong we were.