TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Ultimate Fighter

I'm with you Virtue.

I'm not a UFC/Pride or any MMA fighting fan by any means. I think I saw one UFC event and that was something I rented from Blockbuster.

But this show might get me interested in UFC.

So far this is a pile of shit, count me out.

OMG that guy pissed on a pillow while he was drunk~!!!!

Is this a show about an "Ultimate Fighter" or a mixture of high school and The Real World?

What did you expect Downhome? You can't have a reality show that is just about the training since it would get boring, REALLLY quickly. They need to add some drama in there and all of the RW story telling.

I enjoyed it. They obviously had to develop the "characters" of the main players in the show so the audience has other stuff to follow. But I thought it was decent, and I'm kind of interested to see how it goes the rest of the season, though I wish they'd stay away from more of the stupid Real World-ish stuff as time goes on.

They need to add some drama in there and all of the RW story telling.

Well, if pissing and drunken pillow fights are your kind of DRAMA~!!! then you have a ball with this.

I enjoyed it. They obviously had to develop the "characters" of the main players in the show so the audience has other stuff to follow. But I thought it was decent, and I'm kind of interested to see how it goes the rest of the season, though I wish they'd stay away from more of the stupid Real World-ish stuff as time goes on.

I do too, but they didn't create the show for me or pretty much anyone in the IWC - it was done to grab the casual viewer. The "Real World" element, much as we don't like it, helps to draw those viewers in, and you hope that the "training" element get them interested enough in MMA to maybe order the PPVs.

get them interested enough in MMA to maybe order the PPVs.

As shown by the countless PPV commercials..

What I find funny though..is they're practicing and sparring with MMA..and yet say..don't hurt the other guy. I've had a hard enough time in am wrestling..not hurting someone..this is freakin MMA. :huh:

They need to add some drama in there and all of the RW story telling.

Well, if pissing and drunken pillow fights are your kind of DRAMA~!!! then you have a ball with this.

No, that was lame.

get them interested enough in MMA to maybe order the PPVs.

As shown by the countless PPV commercials..

What I find funny though..is they're practicing and sparring with MMA..and yet say..don't hurt the other guy. I've had a hard enough time in am wrestling..not hurting someone..this is freakin MMA. :huh:

Actually, most other guys I know who train agree that Forrest & his partner were going at each other too hard. Grappling wise, it's a bit easier to go full force at another guy, but usually guys will avoid striking each other that hard as they can without either larger sparring gloves and/or headgear.

Guest Deadbolt
Ironic that a guy who made his name on being a real life tough guy can be so nice, but a guy who made his name on looking tough has to be the biggest asshole to a bunch of trainees and go on about how he's such a badass. Of course I'm talking about Tazz.

How do you know Tazz is not a legitimate badass? The man does have martial arts background. This TE kids are gettin it easy. Tazz being hard on them is for their own good cause no one is gonna babysit you through a wrestling career.

Ironic that a guy who made his name on being a real life tough guy can be so nice, but a guy who made his name on looking tough has to be the biggest asshole to a bunch of trainees and go on about how he's such a badass. Of course I'm talking about Tazz.

How do you know Tazz is not a legitimate badass? The man does have martial arts background. This TE kids are gettin it easy. Tazz being hard on them is for their own good cause no one is gonna babysit you through a wrestling career.

Paul Heyman has said that one of his biggest accomplishments was convincing people that Tazz was a legit badass, as opposed to the fact that he's not. So there you go.

There's a difference between being hard and making up for your ego by being an ass. Him and Holly fall into the latter category. I understand pro wrestling is hard, but no need to just make up for your own insecurities by picking on kids who have just started doing it for the first time.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the ratings were for the show?

I actually heard that the WWE drew a 3.0 and UFC drew 1.5, which is very good considering that 3 is lower then usual, but 3.8 is lower then usual too so I'd imagine that it's a good showing either way.

I think it will drop next week, for the people that were disappointed with it will not watch, but then some people think that the numbers will rise because some new fans will be attracted because of what they heard. Who knows.

So since I'm not big into UFC, are any of these guys well known already? Meltzer said something on his radio show about Leben, Southworth, and Sanchez I think.

I thought they were going to be fighting on every show for eliminations, but I guess that ain't happening. The last show in early April will have 3 live fights, I believe, on SpikeTV.

The guys aren't like Tough Enough guys. They have records. They are like indy workers, and some have reputations for the more knowledgable, hardcore of hardcore fans. Bobby Southworth is probably the most notable because he fought in PRIDE once.